My name is Aaron Van Dike, I am a 22 year old from the Akron, Ohio area. I work mostly with off camera lighting, using mainly Alienbee lighting gear.
I must apologize in advance if I come off rude, I just don't come off very kind sometimes :(. Also, I am sorry if I don't comment you back, I get a bunch of traffic and it's hard to keep up with it sometimes.
Anything you want to know, email me!
I have a Canon 5D Mark II and an Alienbee Lighting setup
Aaron Van Dike | www.aaronvandike.com |'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,507)
- Ohio Strobists 3,269 photos, 282 members
- Abduzeedos 145,193 photos, 9,840 members
- Twittering photographers 14,053 photos, 571 members
- Five Giants Studio 15 photos, 9 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 24,112 photos, 6,977 members
- Canon EOS-5D Mark II 65,362 photos, 1,827 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 905,427 photos, 27,638 members
- Young Strobist (25 and under) 9,200 photos, 722 members
- The Best New Photographers Out There 1,015 photos, 52 members
- I use my bike for my best shots 1,028 photos, 121 members
- canon film photography 216,780 photos, 11,594 members
- Amazing Photography 9,074 photos, 1,664 members
- best the best 11,492 photos, 968 members
- artistic photography critique 12,290 photos, 698 members
- Canton/Akron Photographers 1,323 photos, 37 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 842,119 photos, 34,294 members
- Teen Elite 18,616 photos, 1,453 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 217,016 photos, 22,164 members
- *AirBorne* 1,275 photos, 13 members
- Teenage Photographers 893,162 photos, 34,914 members
- What's your angle, buddy? 905,244 photos, 42,316 members
- Alternative Angles 14,920 photos, 584 members
- Pros of Tomorrow 13,364 photos, 925 members
- Alien Bees 67,318 photos, 7,370 members
- NE Ohio Rock n' Roll 788 photos, 57 members
- Brilliant Photography (please tag 'BrilliantPhotography) 3,197 photos, 285 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 855 photos, 22,276 members
- Exposure Cleveland! 1,783 photos, 438 members
- into the wild 36,789 photos, 1,624 members
- Motif'd Challenge Group!! Fun for All!!! 8,208 photos, 1,700 members
- Random Photos 36,059 photos, 1,256 members
- Understandably Popular: Through Geometry and /or Color 238 photos, 56 members
- Flickr_illuminatus_North_America 7,257 photos, 280 members
- flickr_illuminatus_world 5,123 photos, 199 members
- Photography is cool 7,661 photos, 305 members
- not only photos (finally international!) 7,694 photos, 663 members
- Flickr Nerds 36,017 photos, 726 members
- BEST Landscapes 106,187 photos, 3,906 members
- goodlooking food 650 photos, 161 members
- ~Black and White~ 46,294 photos, 864 members
- B&W photo 151,569 photos, 4,168 members
- REAL PHOTOS 2,450 photos, 203 members
- creative photographers! 11,794 photos, 476 members
- Things I Can't Do! 263 photos, 206 members
- photo journalist 13,193 photos, 544 members
- retro photos 9,768 photos, 579 members
- Band Promotional Photography 11,811 photos, 1,246 members
- solid photographs 1,966 photos, 169 members
- paper + wire magazine 52,517 photos, 1,658 members
- Frame your Photo 2,895 photos, 365 members
[Revivalist Photography] says:
"Aaron is a real character. If you ever get the chance to meet him in person you should cause he'll probably make you laugh, and then maybe make you cry a little on the inside (but that's just his personality). I've been following his work since before I was on flickr and I have to say he has progressed immensely and it's awesome to see every new accomplishment this guy makes. He's got a lot of talent and really good vision before he even sets up a single light. It's great to watch him in action cause he really knows what he's doing and you can learn a lot from his experience. Bottom line, great dude, great artist, great photographer."
February 15th, 2010
"When i first got Flickr, it was Aaron's work that blew me away. He was my favourite photographer, infact he is such an incredible photographer. He's like king of lighting, the lighting he uses is freaking amazing. I'm so jealous of all his AB's aswell. If you ever get a chance to shoot with him, i say TAKE IT because i'm so sure you wouldn't be let down. Never stop doing what you do best Aaron."
August 11th, 2009
"I've been following aaron's work for a while and it is great to see the progression in his work. his subjects always look at ease and the lighting is always spot on. ps., make more vids, they're a riot :)"
June 25th, 2009
"His work is so cool and creative, I always enjoy looking at his new photos!"
July 5th, 2009
Sherwin Law says:
"I'm a really big fan of this guy! Aaron's work is amazing as it is inspirational!"
February 18th, 2009
Ozzie Sandoval says:
"Aaron knows no fear, I once saw him shooting a perfect sunset on top of a mountain when out of nowhere a bear snuck up behind him. Aaron then round house kicked the bear off the mountain, and threw up the blood gang sign, and proceeded to take his noble prize winning photo, which sold for 1 billion dollars, and a couple of womens hearts, and some gay guys hearts as well."
October 10th, 2008
Ryan Patrick Winnen says:
"Aaron Van Dike, it is what it is, look at the other photographer's in ohio, trying to pull off similar strobist styles, Nope. AVD ftw."
October 11th, 2008
sunshine doll says:
"Aaron is an incredible photographer who does crazy things with lighting that you could never even imagine. He's skilled and goofy and sometimes crazy, but every photo leaves you speechless.
He knows what he's doing."
October 14th, 2008
Starry Eyed Ali says:
"These pics are really awesome--photoshopped or not, there is a REAL talent hiding over there in Akron--you should move to NYC and become famous!!! (wouldnt be hard with the pics you take...)"
September 25th, 2008
"Aaron has only been a contact of mine for a few weeks, but im BLOWN AWAY with the quality of his work. His processing is awesome and despite his tender years, he has a mature photographic mind and im sure he will go from strength to strength!!
I look forward to seeing more of his work!!
keep it up bro!!"
September 16th, 2008
"Seeing Aaron's photos get posted is something I always look forward to when I see the "New items from friends" e-mail I get daily. His work is always fun and very well executed. I love his three and four light setups that really pop. There are always great colors and dynamic subjects and he's really inspiring to a lot of people (like me). Not only that, he seems like a really cool guy who'd be fun to shoot with or be shot by.
I look forward to seeing more great work from you and wish you all the best. Keep it up!"
September 14th, 2008
"I have to say, it's been a long time I have seen such a talent, with what most people would say is little experience. If this is the quality of the work now, the future is going to be bright my friend."
September 9th, 2008
"From the land of Devo and rubber tires comes one Aaron Van Dike. He may be young, but his pictures literally draw circles around the others. Just check out where he has been published already. Whether it's glamour, unique improvisation or just goofing around with a clicker, this is a photographer to watch in the future. Remember the name."
September 9th, 2008
"Someone called Aaron from Akron made me a contact... I looked at his profile "I haven't been shooting for very long..." and after a while on Flickr you naturally expect a certain amount of blurred shots from High School parties, and a few shaken videos of drunk cheerleaders, you know what I mean...
How surprised I was to find such a talent!
My immediate thought was to be honored, he'd marked me as a contact!
The guy has more talent than I've seen for a long time, and an obvious eye for what a photo can become. Surprising sense of composition - and sense of surprise!
I can't wait to see where photography will take him either, but continue this way, Aaron, and you'll go far!
September 9th, 2008
"Aaron Van Dike: I don't know who you are, anything about you, but you inspire me... I look at all of your shots and I just die to be able to do this, you put so much effort it seems like, to make one tiny shot, and here I am not shooting for a very long time...
Just saying, thanks for the motivation..."
September 9th, 2008
"Aaron is bomb.com :)
September 8th, 2008
Keaton Andrew says:
"I like Aaron. I don't know if he likes me. I know he's jealous of me and my 5D. I wouldn't be surprised to see myself waking up one day, bound hand and foot while I watched a maniacal Aaron running away with all of my gear.
I would hope that he would drop his 17-40L so that I could use it on a film body while I built up my gear again. Hopefully I would be able to find people willing to work with someone who would be practically gear-less.
In the end, Aaron would have great photos before and after stealing my equipment. I would like the ones from before more, but I would still have respect for those captured after the incident.
In the end, he is a fine fellow, a good flickr contact, a good photographer, a good assistant, and a horrible thief."
August 28th, 2008
Jeremy R. Isaacson says:
"Aaron is nothing but amazing!"
August 26th, 2008
Gino LoCascio says:
"if yo ever get a chance to do a shoot with aaron.... DO IT"
August 21st, 2008
Jake Burgess says:
"Aaron Van Dike? More like Aaron Van Awesome-northeast-ohio-photographer!"
August 19th, 2008
"aaron van dike is pregnant with my baby. and he takes amazing pictures. he'll make a great dad."
August 7th, 2008
Rachel Ramos. says:
"Can I just say your photo's are flawless
every single one of them!
thank you for what you do!"
July 4th, 2008
"I just went through about fifty of your photos and I didn't see ONE that wasn't amazing. You know how to make a shot so appealing to my eyes. :D"
June 1st, 2008
pure rage graffiti says:
"Aaron is without a doubt my favorite photographer by far!..His work is simply amazing.Everytime i log on i can't wait to see what new he has in store for us on flickr.Before i believed in editing his work is what got me into it!..Although i hardly edit i'm not against it one bit!"
May 13th, 2008
smellslikeb a b s says:
"Pretty much every picture he takes is flawless.
May 1st, 2008
Jessey Kameo says:
"aaron owns my world.
his photography is like whoaaaaaaaa.
i get all excited when he has new stuff up.
keep doing awesome stuff, aaron!!!"
April 3rd, 2008
"Aaron Van Dike is a fun photographer."
March 6th, 2008
courtney jade says:
"aaron pretty much rocks!
February 19th, 2008
- Aaron Van Dike
- May 2007
- Mogadore, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken