Wow almost 6 years on Flickr. I never thought it would be as rewarding as it has been. Kudos to all the great photographers out there who make my day every day...
To start off with my Icon is of me from the early 70's with a cheap camera, 110 I think, and printed by TRIPLE PRINT film company.
I believe it is about time I did something about getting my own flickr site
After the last couple of years of following and viewing others works, I finally decided to set one up of my own.
Sooo a little about me. I have been "taking pictures" for some time. Started out with the most obscure of cameras, some hand me downs and a few purchased ones. After our kids were born the film industry made a mint off of us. After years of wanting to do better I purchased my first real camera, a Pentax 35 mm slr. Wow I thought I had it made. Joined a camera club and everything. I think this may have been a bad (or good) move however you look at it, because this only made me hungry for more. After a fortune in film developing and learning that I needed to know about the finer art of taking a decent photo, I realized I needed to go digital. Hence the upgrade to a Panasonic DMC-FZ20.
Then as luck would have it we were blessed with grandchildren. To top it off my hubby and my son also got the bug for photography, and with their understanding of all things gadgetry we were off to the races of newer better faster. Now the hubby is 2 cameras ahead of me and I am learning the the basics of his "old" Pentax istDS2 with all the new cool lenses.
Side note I now have a K10 d ;-}
We do most of our photo excursions together so some of my pictures will look very familiar to some.
My passion right now is having a select few of my photos printed on canvas and entering into shows. This has been very rewarding and it helps with the purchases of new toys. ( I still want a decent macro lens) Side note got it...
I would like to take home decor quality pictures, and of course a million six of the grand kids. The fridge magnet frames were a great invention.
I look at the bright side of everything and that includes the hubby.
I have so much more to learn and I am loving every click of it.
view on black B l a c k M a g i c
click here for a bit of
If I have not added you as one of my contacts, please do not use any of my pictures in your gallery unless I have okayed it ahead of time. Just a quick flickrmail letting me know why you want to use it (what for) and i'll say ok.
My Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.
You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.
The purpose of your life: showing love to other people
Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah
Photos of _Val W (10)
- 52 Subjects to Photograph 4 photos, 5 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 16,897 photos, 1,192 members
- -Black&White- story of life 2,640 photos, 222 members
- Pentax / Ricoh K, Q, Z & GR series, only the best shoots ... 16,323 photos, 297 members
- Flickr Friday 28,658 photos, 36,206 members
- Bruce Peninsula 360 photos, 53 members
- Pentax K3 II 4,922 photos, 215 members
- Pentax DSLR Astrophotography 1,473 photos, 256 members
- PhotoExtremist.com 14,179 photos, 1,708 members
- ©Photo-News (http://www.nikost.gr/blog/index.php ) 6,506 photos, 156 members
- Fifty-Two in Twenty-Fifteen 97 photos, 6 members
- PopPhoto.com Photo of the Day 202,578 photos, 5,269 members
- The Best Of 2013 71 photos, 152 members
- Project Weather 639,947 photos, 94,122 members
- Lightroom 5 39,920 photos, 892 members
- #Flickr12Days 83,539 photos, 8,617 members
- Just Panos 6,143 photos, 436 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 106,047 photos, 7,514 members
- Spoonflower Fabric Designs 33,917 photos, 4,626 members
- Once was home 78,590 photos, 2,618 members
- making room for condos 515 photos, 72 members
- Waterfalls 179,897 photos, 21,450 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 70,488 photos, 2,259 members
- The Owen Sound Camera Club 6,044 photos, 40 members
- STORMSCAPES 17,970 photos, 2,090 members
- A Portrait Group 535,429 photos, 9,790 members
- Focused In On Photography 112,373 photos, 3,112 members
- Photography Tobermory 70 photos, 12 members
- The Arcadia Society (Admin Invite Only) 2,908 photos, 222 members
- Pentax Awards (post 1, award 1......currently banning bad users) 58,902 photos, 3,782 members
- Views: 10000 24,858 photos, 6,046 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,575,985 photos, 59,868 members
- Light Junkies 111,907 photos, 18,829 members
- Phlearn 90,819 photos, 4,020 members
- Lightning 42,941 photos, 16,089 members
- The Bruce Beckons 115 photos, 29 members
- Canadian Female Photographers Group 146,890 photos, 1,775 members
- The teenager beauty 3,232 photos, 1,780 members
- [Noctography] 108,894 photos, 5,251 members
- BW Portraits 895 photos, 183 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 31,839 photos, 1,945 members
- Pollution group-Fight to stop pollution worldwide 1,299 photos, 222 members
- I ♥ TWILIGHT 10,547 photos, 1,578 members
- Pentax K20D / Samsung GX-20 70,361 photos, 2,045 members
- Absolutely Stunning 'Scapes ***INVITED PHOTOS ONLY*** 31,431 photos, 9,017 members
- Tobermory Ontario 860 photos, 93 members
- Action Photography 206,475 photos, 14,293 members
- STUNT LIFE 627 photos, 92 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 112,605 photos, 3,808 members
- Professional Family Photography - Marketing and Business 7,187 photos, 2,090 members
"ur pictures are really amazing
keep it up dear
u have got the talent
April 16th, 2008
"She has one of the best portfolio's of long exposures out there. A unique perspective on color and the landscapes she shoots are unreal. Most of her night shots include colors you wouldn't imagine seeing in the middle of the night and her lakeside shots are imaginative and fun to view."
April 26th, 2008
"Its obvious sensibility, its artistic capacity in recognizing details and shots potentially interesting, give back his photograph of the small poetries and it is indicated an attitude to the detail that to the eyes more communes, escapes but to its is quite obvious.
It has an interesting artistic predisposition in the choice of the colors, shots and pertaining to perspective plans.
There is not that to say, it is very capable."
December 27th, 2007
Lord Str8stroke says:
"Val W always chimes in with a wonderful comment. She enjoys downplaying how good her pictures are! If you ever want a true "flickr friend" then vote for Val W.
Thanks for all the great comments!
February 20th, 2008
- Val West
- October 2007
- Ridgetown, Ontario, Canada
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- West Photography