Crikey has it really been that long since I edited my profile? Well, a few years on and still an enthusiastic amateur and enjoying it.
I've tried my hands at a load of different styles (I draw the line at flowers btw) and although still enjoying night shots the most, I'm finding model photography in studio's (and out) very satisfying ;)
I've setup a seperate stream for my model + studio work, partly to stop NSFW images appearing on my stream when posting to the likes of facebook, but also to stop my mum getting embarrassed when viewing my stream (hi Mum :p).
You can view my modelling stream here
Thank you for visiting my stream, I hope you enjoy what's on show here
Photos of c@rljones (3)
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 13,641 photos, 1,158 members
- BudgetAstro 8,242 photos, 380 members
- This is Art! 1,844 photos, 734 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 181,745 photos, 4,340 members
- ITV Wales Your Pictures 140,920 photos, 1,543 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 139,404 photos, 4,237 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,898,781 photos, 36,491 members
- Sky 331,611 photos, 16,382 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 43,667 photos, 2,017 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 34,642 photos, 1,985 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 83,390 photos, 6,071 members
- BBC Wales Nature & Landscapes 123,520 photos, 2,531 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 532,077 photos, 31,765 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 128,301 photos, 10,898 members
- Cell Phone Photography 407,812 photos, 11,784 members
- Hipstafanatics 52,431 photos, 799 members
- Hipstamatic 317,706 photos, 16,301 members
- Light Junkies 115,864 photos, 19,308 members
- Painting ... with Light 24,129 photos, 2,181 members
- UK Models & Photographers 35,602 photos, 2,883 members
- Fashion & Style 239,244 photos, 12,355 members
- Fashion Photography UK 20,223 photos, 859 members
- uk UrBex 942 photos, 272 members
- Patr - Google Chrome Extension for Flickr 17 photos, 132 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women 282,748 photos, 14,188 members
- Abandoned 1,155,384 photos, 78,981 members
- 28 Days Later 168,208 photos, 3,667 members
- Alberta no 30/60 limit 122,324 photos, 1,915 members
- Canadian Rockies 47,863 photos, 2,864 members
- Amazing Alberta 96,417 photos, 2,214 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:FAV/A3) 662,449 photos, 38,765 members
- Natural Landscapes 18,321 photos, 4,885 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 376,248 photos, 31,412 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,482 photos, 22,258 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 519,313 photos, 25,320 members
- = World Through My Lens = 12,265 photos, 368 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,705 photos, 18,024 members
- Golden Pictures Worth 1000 Words-Admin Invite Only-Award 2 16,178 photos, 2,980 members
- Beautiful Clouds 297,781 photos, 22,435 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,227,397 photos, 36,845 members
- Life in Black & White 1,247,076 photos, 36,486 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 86,382 photos, 5,241 members
- iPhoneographers 56,655 photos, 914 members
- 2009 Year of Astronomy (Pool submissions are now closed) 248 photos, 65 members
- full of gas scooter team 491 photos, 98 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 235,144 photos, 8,908 members
- Star Trails 25,617 photos, 11,817 members
- Digital Infrared 110,748 photos, 8,833 members
- IR World 41,056 photos, 2,822 members
- Best Of DAMN! I Wish I'd Taken That 52,229 photos, 5,011 members
oceanic dust says:
"It's been my pleasure to have followed Carl on Flickr for some time, and been able to witness the birth and matriculation of a photographer. It's rare to find someone who always has a positive word for others and an unabashed sense of self and humor in their work. I love this photography."
July 16th, 2009
"I've only recently re-discovered Carl's photostream after a lengthy absence from flickr. It's amazing how much he's been able to diversify his images in the time i've been away. Changing from landscape to darkness to more recently modelling (yummm), keeping us all entertained, and on our toes."
June 24th, 2008
mysterious horn says:
"what an amazing job carl does at creating a mood, a feeling. His images illicit a sense of atmosphere in a fabulous way. I check in on his stream daily, and I'm never disappointed!"
June 3rd, 2008
grey hydrant says:
"Carl has a quality rarely found in Flickr... It's his honesty in his comments, he will always leave quality feedback. It's important to have people like Carl on Flickr, genuine feedback enables us as artists to improve and evolve. He thinks about the shot before him, and what to say; never just a haphazard "great shot".
It is always a pleaure to look through his photo stream."
November 29th, 2007
trite ship says:
"Take a look at _Belial's sense of colors and darkness and be amazed. This man is not only a terrific photographer with a strong sense for mood and situations but he is a graphic artist as well. His treatments are out of this world, and I'm amazed of the consistency he manages to create. I also am very amazed with his night photography which really brings out the stunning colors in his often dark photos. I have not yet mentioned his amazing landscape photography from Wales (or any other place he puts his feet down really), or the really nice soft portraits of children that he sometimes makes. Take a long stroll through _Belial's stream and enjoy life through the the special eyes of a unique photographer."
August 6th, 2007
Helen D. says:
"I have been meaning to write this for some time now since Carl's photostream from the first moment I saw it knew that it would be one of my favorites on flickr. I adore the tones in his photos and the fantastic modes that is captured.
August 1st, 2007
"Carl has mastered the way of capturing light that makes his photographs supurb. His black and white photos, and especially his color, stand out above many. Thought-provoking and filled with emotion, his photos are unmistakable."
July 25th, 2007
Jon Block says:
"Carl has a wonderful combination of photographic talent, generosity and adventurousness that makes him a real asset to the Flickr community. I check his photostream so often because I know that I will regularly be introduced to new ideas and techniques. He is always happy to give advice and answer my questions, and this is a very good thing as I think I will have many more for him over the next few years!"
June 21st, 2007
"Carl photostream is a visual and technical treat. A very talented (and patient!) photographer. More than this though, his comments are always thoughtful, and the advice and suggestions he offers are really appreciated.
There's always a new suprise on Carl's photostream!"
May 3rd, 2007
3rd foundation says:
"Carl is not only a talented photographer but generous in providing wonderful and helpful commentary on other's imagery. He has helped me on numerous occasions in finding textures, applying effects and fine tuning my photos. You owe yourself a moment to browse through his image stream. Lots of great stuff to be found here."
April 25th, 2007
"I was introduced to Carl's work through a mutual friend of ours and ever since i've been impressed by his images. He never seems to run out of ideas and always seems to be willing to try out new concepts and techniques. Each time he posts a new image i'm never ceased to be amazed in some way.
Please keep us amazed for a long time to come Carl."
March 28th, 2007
Tiny L says:
"The subjects of Carl's masterpieces vary widely and he seems able to try anything and make it work. I can't keep up with all the ideas he comes up with, and I hope you're all bracing yourselves for the next one!
Sometimes I'm so jealous I really hate him, but the rest of the time I just yearn for approval from the master:-)
But seriously... he's always full of good advice - and it's still good advice even when I choose to ignore it:-)))) [Excecpt probably the one about how many extra espresso shots you can fit in a latte grande!]"
January 5th, 2007
"This man is a crazy night photographer. I'm amazed again and again by his night photography. His ideas are out of this world and when he puts them into motion the images he creates are out of this world."
November 29th, 2006
- Carl Jones
- April 2006
- Pwllheli, Wales, UK
- I am: