Crikey has it really been that long since I edited my profile? Well, a few years on and still an enthusiastic amateur and enjoying it.
I've tried my hands at a load of different styles (I draw the line at flowers btw) and although still enjoying night shots the most, I'm finding model photography in studio's (and out) very satisfying ;)
I've setup a seperate stream for my model + studio work, partly to stop NSFW images appearing on my stream when posting to the likes of facebook, but also to stop my mum getting embarrassed when viewing my stream (hi Mum :p).
You can view my modelling stream here
Thank you for visiting my stream, I hope you enjoy what's on show here
Photos of c@rljones (3)
- BudgetAstro 763 photos, 45 members
- This is Art! 1,460 photos, 685 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 83,945 photos, 3,057 members
- ITV Wales Your Pictures 58,282 photos, 664 members
- Photo News Gallery 47,917 photos, 2,275 members
- Official National Geographic Group 600,151 photos, 17,993 members
- Sky 209,460 photos, 13,211 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 41,734 photos, 1,991 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 19,274 photos, 1,597 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 39,950 photos, 3,923 members
- BBC Wales Nature 50,738 photos, 1,325 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 352,404 photos, 26,168 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 50,098 photos, 6,568 members
- Cell Phone Photography 236,007 photos, 9,037 members
- Hipstafanatics 40,055 photos, 766 members
- Hipstamatic 300,156 photos, 16,662 members
- Light Junkies 95,098 photos, 14,268 members
- Painting ... with Light 14,582 photos, 1,797 members
- UK Models & Photographers 26,725 photos, 2,423 members
- Fashion & Style 179,882 photos, 10,933 members
- Fashion Photography UK 11,252 photos, 476 members
- uk UrBex 990 photos, 195 members
- Patr - Google Chrome Extension for Flickr 17 photos, 131 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women P1/C2 204,766 photos, 10,613 members
- Abandoned 754,287 photos, 53,867 members
- 28 Days Later 90,091 photos, 2,862 members
- The Alberta Landscape 7,476 photos, 435 members
- Alberta 77,126 photos, 1,579 members
- Canadian Rockies 29,082 photos, 2,023 members
- Amazing Alberta 66,464 photos, 1,870 members
- ^^"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD - P1/A3 (MANDATORY) 727,438 photos, 38,995 members
- Natural Landscapes 17,533 photos, 3,471 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 265,222 photos, 30,340 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,236 photos, 21,966 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 459,165 photos, 25,737 members
- = World Through My Lens = 8,436 photos, 358 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,493 photos, 19,116 members
- Golden Pictures Worth 1000 Words-Admin Invite Only-Award 2 17,299 photos, 3,124 members
- Beautiful Clouds 250,177 photos, 17,657 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,087,950 photos, 35,641 members
- Life in Black & White 624,738 photos, 21,984 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 81,717 photos, 5,311 members
- iPhoneographers 41,062 photos, 781 members
- 2009 Year of Astronomy (Pool submissions are now closed) 251 photos, 65 members
- full of gas scooter team 501 photos, 103 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 199,560 photos, 8,995 members
- Star Trails 19,996 photos, 8,080 members
- Digital Infrared 79,796 photos, 7,726 members
- IR World 28,280 photos, 2,343 members
- Best Of DAMN! I Wish I'd Taken That 28,621 photos, 4,796 members
The Josiah says:
"It's been my pleasure to have followed Carl on Flickr for some time, and been able to witness the birth and matriculation of a photographer. It's rare to find someone who always has a positive word for others and an unabashed sense of self and humor in their work. I love this photography."
16th July, 2009
"I've only recently re-discovered Carl's photostream after a lengthy absence from flickr. It's amazing how much he's been able to diversify his images in the time i've been away. Changing from landscape to darkness to more recently modelling (yummm), keeping us all entertained, and on our toes."
24th June, 2008
"what an amazing job carl does at creating a mood, a feeling. His images illicit a sense of atmosphere in a fabulous way. I check in on his stream daily, and I'm never disappointed!"
3rd June, 2008
"Carl has a quality rarely found in Flickr... It's his honesty in his comments, he will always leave quality feedback. It's important to have people like Carl on Flickr, genuine feedback enables us as artists to improve and evolve. He thinks about the shot before him, and what to say; never just a haphazard "great shot".
It is always a pleaure to look through his photo stream."
29th November, 2007
Gunnar B. says:
"Take a look at _Belial's sense of colors and darkness and be amazed. This man is not only a terrific photographer with a strong sense for mood and situations but he is a graphic artist as well. His treatments are out of this world, and I'm amazed of the consistency he manages to create. I also am very amazed with his night photography which really brings out the stunning colors in his often dark photos. I have not yet mentioned his amazing landscape photography from Wales (or any other place he puts his feet down really), or the really nice soft portraits of children that he sometimes makes. Take a long stroll through _Belial's stream and enjoy life through the the special eyes of a unique photographer."
6th August, 2007
Helen D. says:
"I have been meaning to write this for some time now since Carl's photostream from the first moment I saw it knew that it would be one of my favorites on flickr. I adore the tones in his photos and the fantastic modes that is captured.
1st August, 2007
"Carl has mastered the way of capturing light that makes his photographs supurb. His black and white photos, and especially his color, stand out above many. Thought-provoking and filled with emotion, his photos are unmistakable."
25th July, 2007
Jon Block says:
"Carl has a wonderful combination of photographic talent, generosity and adventurousness that makes him a real asset to the Flickr community. I check his photostream so often because I know that I will regularly be introduced to new ideas and techniques. He is always happy to give advice and answer my questions, and this is a very good thing as I think I will have many more for him over the next few years!"
21st June, 2007
"Carl photostream is a visual and technical treat. A very talented (and patient!) photographer. More than this though, his comments are always thoughtful, and the advice and suggestions he offers are really appreciated.
There's always a new suprise on Carl's photostream!"
3rd May, 2007
3rd foundation says:
"Carl is not only a talented photographer but generous in providing wonderful and helpful commentary on other's imagery. He has helped me on numerous occasions in finding textures, applying effects and fine tuning my photos. You owe yourself a moment to browse through his image stream. Lots of great stuff to be found here."
25th April, 2007
"I was introduced to Carl's work through a mutual friend of ours and ever since i've been impressed by his images. He never seems to run out of ideas and always seems to be willing to try out new concepts and techniques. Each time he posts a new image i'm never ceased to be amazed in some way.
Please keep us amazed for a long time to come Carl."
28th March, 2007
Tiny L says:
"The subjects of Carl's masterpieces vary widely and he seems able to try anything and make it work. I can't keep up with all the ideas he comes up with, and I hope you're all bracing yourselves for the next one!
Sometimes I'm so jealous I really hate him, but the rest of the time I just yearn for approval from the master:-)
But seriously... he's always full of good advice - and it's still good advice even when I choose to ignore it:-)))) [Excecpt probably the one about how many extra espresso shots you can fit in a latte grande!]"
5th January, 2007
"This man is a crazy night photographer. I'm amazed again and again by his night photography. His ideas are out of this world and when he puts them into motion the images he creates are out of this world."
29th November, 2006
- Carl Jones
- April 2006
- Pwllheli, Wales, UK
- I am: