Crikey has it really been that long since I edited my profile? Well, a few years on and still an enthusiastic amateur and enjoying it.
I've tried my hands at a load of different styles (I draw the line at flowers btw) and although still enjoying night shots the most, I'm finding model photography in studio's (and out) very satisfying ;)
I've setup a seperate stream for my model + studio work, partly to stop NSFW images appearing on my stream when posting to the likes of facebook, but also to stop my mum getting embarrassed when viewing my stream (hi Mum :p).
You can view my modelling stream here
Thank you for visiting my stream, I hope you enjoy what's on show here
Photos of c@rljones (3)
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 10,384 photos, 1,106 members
- BudgetAstro 4,686 photos, 249 members
- This is Art! 1,915 photos, 745 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 153,160 photos, 4,064 members
- ITV Wales Your Pictures 111,141 photos, 1,221 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 103,182 photos, 3,629 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,330,647 photos, 28,922 members
- Sky 286,076 photos, 15,537 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 44,574 photos, 2,082 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 30,427 photos, 1,912 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 67,407 photos, 5,548 members
- BBC Wales Nature & Landscapes 92,350 photos, 2,133 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 466,010 photos, 30,200 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 102,580 photos, 10,149 members
- Cell Phone Photography 345,757 photos, 11,147 members
- Hipstafanatics 50,764 photos, 802 members
- Hipstamatic 325,135 photos, 16,749 members
- Light Junkies 109,957 photos, 18,405 members
- Painting ... with Light 21,418 photos, 2,117 members
- UK Models & Photographers 34,301 photos, 2,761 members
- Fashion & Style 219,517 photos, 11,976 members
- Fashion Photography UK 17,433 photos, 747 members
- uk UrBex 973 photos, 259 members
- Patr - Google Chrome Extension for Flickr 17 photos, 133 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women P1/C2 264,296 photos, 13,033 members
- Abandoned 1,044,929 photos, 73,541 members
- 28 Days Later 146,686 photos, 3,520 members
- The Alberta Landscape 10,851 photos, 581 members
- Alberta 107,325 photos, 1,829 members
- Canadian Rockies 39,932 photos, 2,546 members
- Amazing Alberta 87,068 photos, 2,135 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:A3) 698,435 photos, 39,355 members
- Natural Landscapes 18,602 photos, 4,470 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 336,715 photos, 31,237 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 115,168 photos, 22,084 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 509,404 photos, 25,765 members
- = World Through My Lens = 9,671 photos, 365 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,006 photos, 18,463 members
- Golden Pictures Worth 1000 Words-Admin Invite Only-Award 2 16,840 photos, 3,026 members
- Beautiful Clouds 299,244 photos, 21,765 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,213,199 photos, 36,618 members
- Life in Black & White 1,039,084 photos, 31,236 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 85,032 photos, 5,298 members
- iPhoneographers 52,634 photos, 915 members
- 2009 Year of Astronomy (Pool submissions are now closed) 248 photos, 66 members
- full of gas scooter team 514 photos, 97 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 224,097 photos, 8,986 members
- Star Trails 24,808 photos, 9,979 members
- Digital Infrared 99,410 photos, 8,564 members
- IR World 36,345 photos, 2,681 members
The Josiah says:
"It's been my pleasure to have followed Carl on Flickr for some time, and been able to witness the birth and matriculation of a photographer. It's rare to find someone who always has a positive word for others and an unabashed sense of self and humor in their work. I love this photography."
July 16th, 2009
"I've only recently re-discovered Carl's photostream after a lengthy absence from flickr. It's amazing how much he's been able to diversify his images in the time i've been away. Changing from landscape to darkness to more recently modelling (yummm), keeping us all entertained, and on our toes."
June 24th, 2008
"what an amazing job carl does at creating a mood, a feeling. His images illicit a sense of atmosphere in a fabulous way. I check in on his stream daily, and I'm never disappointed!"
June 3rd, 2008
"Carl has a quality rarely found in Flickr... It's his honesty in his comments, he will always leave quality feedback. It's important to have people like Carl on Flickr, genuine feedback enables us as artists to improve and evolve. He thinks about the shot before him, and what to say; never just a haphazard "great shot".
It is always a pleaure to look through his photo stream."
November 29th, 2007
Gunnar B. says:
"Take a look at _Belial's sense of colors and darkness and be amazed. This man is not only a terrific photographer with a strong sense for mood and situations but he is a graphic artist as well. His treatments are out of this world, and I'm amazed of the consistency he manages to create. I also am very amazed with his night photography which really brings out the stunning colors in his often dark photos. I have not yet mentioned his amazing landscape photography from Wales (or any other place he puts his feet down really), or the really nice soft portraits of children that he sometimes makes. Take a long stroll through _Belial's stream and enjoy life through the the special eyes of a unique photographer."
August 6th, 2007
Helen D. says:
"I have been meaning to write this for some time now since Carl's photostream from the first moment I saw it knew that it would be one of my favorites on flickr. I adore the tones in his photos and the fantastic modes that is captured.
August 1st, 2007
"Carl has mastered the way of capturing light that makes his photographs supurb. His black and white photos, and especially his color, stand out above many. Thought-provoking and filled with emotion, his photos are unmistakable."
July 25th, 2007
Jon Block says:
"Carl has a wonderful combination of photographic talent, generosity and adventurousness that makes him a real asset to the Flickr community. I check his photostream so often because I know that I will regularly be introduced to new ideas and techniques. He is always happy to give advice and answer my questions, and this is a very good thing as I think I will have many more for him over the next few years!"
June 21st, 2007
"Carl photostream is a visual and technical treat. A very talented (and patient!) photographer. More than this though, his comments are always thoughtful, and the advice and suggestions he offers are really appreciated.
There's always a new suprise on Carl's photostream!"
May 3rd, 2007
3rd foundation says:
"Carl is not only a talented photographer but generous in providing wonderful and helpful commentary on other's imagery. He has helped me on numerous occasions in finding textures, applying effects and fine tuning my photos. You owe yourself a moment to browse through his image stream. Lots of great stuff to be found here."
April 25th, 2007
"I was introduced to Carl's work through a mutual friend of ours and ever since i've been impressed by his images. He never seems to run out of ideas and always seems to be willing to try out new concepts and techniques. Each time he posts a new image i'm never ceased to be amazed in some way.
Please keep us amazed for a long time to come Carl."
March 28th, 2007
Tiny L says:
"The subjects of Carl's masterpieces vary widely and he seems able to try anything and make it work. I can't keep up with all the ideas he comes up with, and I hope you're all bracing yourselves for the next one!
Sometimes I'm so jealous I really hate him, but the rest of the time I just yearn for approval from the master:-)
But seriously... he's always full of good advice - and it's still good advice even when I choose to ignore it:-)))) [Excecpt probably the one about how many extra espresso shots you can fit in a latte grande!]"
January 5th, 2007
"This man is a crazy night photographer. I'm amazed again and again by his night photography. His ideas are out of this world and when he puts them into motion the images he creates are out of this world."
November 29th, 2006
- Carl Jones
- April 2006
- Pwllheli, Wales, UK
- I am: