Crikey has it really been that long since I edited my profile? Well, a few years on and still an enthusiastic amateur and enjoying it.
I've tried my hands at a load of different styles (I draw the line at flowers btw) and although still enjoying night shots the most, I'm finding model photography in studio's (and out) very satisfying ;)
I've setup a seperate stream for my model + studio work, partly to stop NSFW images appearing on my stream when posting to the likes of facebook, but also to stop my mum getting embarrassed when viewing my stream (hi Mum :p).
You can view my modelling stream here
Thank you for visiting my stream, I hope you enjoy what's on show here
Photos of c@rljones (3)
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 9,877 photos, 1,093 members
- BudgetAstro 4,333 photos, 235 members
- This is Art! 1,933 photos, 745 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 149,912 photos, 4,040 members
- ITV Wales Your Pictures 108,689 photos, 1,188 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 99,383 photos, 3,556 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,280,771 photos, 28,410 members
- Sky 281,076 photos, 15,421 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 44,641 photos, 2,089 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 30,064 photos, 1,900 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 66,072 photos, 5,471 members
- BBC Wales Nature & Landscapes 89,453 photos, 2,088 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 459,385 photos, 30,028 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 100,363 photos, 10,089 members
- Cell Phone Photography 340,021 photos, 11,080 members
- Hipstafanatics 50,500 photos, 803 members
- Hipstamatic 324,505 photos, 16,773 members
- Light Junkies 109,465 photos, 18,259 members
- Painting ... with Light 21,046 photos, 2,103 members
- UK Models & Photographers 33,655 photos, 2,739 members
- Fashion & Style 217,322 photos, 11,921 members
- Fashion Photography UK 17,227 photos, 738 members
- uk UrBex 973 photos, 257 members
- Patr - Google Chrome Extension for Flickr 17 photos, 133 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women P1/C2 259,826 photos, 12,907 members
- Abandoned 1,031,207 photos, 72,802 members
- 28 Days Later 144,978 photos, 3,499 members
- The Alberta Landscape 10,694 photos, 578 members
- Alberta 105,519 photos, 1,820 members
- Canadian Rockies 39,210 photos, 2,506 members
- Amazing Alberta 86,357 photos, 2,125 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:A3) 697,705 photos, 39,293 members
- Natural Landscapes 18,581 photos, 4,422 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 332,401 photos, 31,182 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,929 photos, 22,047 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 507,430 photos, 25,781 members
- = World Through My Lens = 9,551 photos, 364 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,024 photos, 18,499 members
- Golden Pictures Worth 1000 Words-Admin Invite Only-Award 2 16,857 photos, 3,034 members
- Beautiful Clouds 297,646 photos, 21,649 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,207,055 photos, 36,597 members
- Life in Black & White 1,016,291 photos, 30,872 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 85,002 photos, 5,300 members
- iPhoneographers 51,918 photos, 905 members
- 2009 Year of Astronomy (Pool submissions are now closed) 248 photos, 66 members
- full of gas scooter team 512 photos, 98 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 222,939 photos, 8,983 members
- Star Trails 24,593 photos, 9,732 members
- Digital Infrared 98,297 photos, 8,551 members
- IR World 35,888 photos, 2,672 members
The Josiah says:
"It's been my pleasure to have followed Carl on Flickr for some time, and been able to witness the birth and matriculation of a photographer. It's rare to find someone who always has a positive word for others and an unabashed sense of self and humor in their work. I love this photography."
July 16th, 2009
"I've only recently re-discovered Carl's photostream after a lengthy absence from flickr. It's amazing how much he's been able to diversify his images in the time i've been away. Changing from landscape to darkness to more recently modelling (yummm), keeping us all entertained, and on our toes."
June 24th, 2008
"what an amazing job carl does at creating a mood, a feeling. His images illicit a sense of atmosphere in a fabulous way. I check in on his stream daily, and I'm never disappointed!"
June 3rd, 2008
"Carl has a quality rarely found in Flickr... It's his honesty in his comments, he will always leave quality feedback. It's important to have people like Carl on Flickr, genuine feedback enables us as artists to improve and evolve. He thinks about the shot before him, and what to say; never just a haphazard "great shot".
It is always a pleaure to look through his photo stream."
November 29th, 2007
Gunnar B. says:
"Take a look at _Belial's sense of colors and darkness and be amazed. This man is not only a terrific photographer with a strong sense for mood and situations but he is a graphic artist as well. His treatments are out of this world, and I'm amazed of the consistency he manages to create. I also am very amazed with his night photography which really brings out the stunning colors in his often dark photos. I have not yet mentioned his amazing landscape photography from Wales (or any other place he puts his feet down really), or the really nice soft portraits of children that he sometimes makes. Take a long stroll through _Belial's stream and enjoy life through the the special eyes of a unique photographer."
August 6th, 2007
Helen D. says:
"I have been meaning to write this for some time now since Carl's photostream from the first moment I saw it knew that it would be one of my favorites on flickr. I adore the tones in his photos and the fantastic modes that is captured.
August 1st, 2007
"Carl has mastered the way of capturing light that makes his photographs supurb. His black and white photos, and especially his color, stand out above many. Thought-provoking and filled with emotion, his photos are unmistakable."
July 25th, 2007
Jon Block says:
"Carl has a wonderful combination of photographic talent, generosity and adventurousness that makes him a real asset to the Flickr community. I check his photostream so often because I know that I will regularly be introduced to new ideas and techniques. He is always happy to give advice and answer my questions, and this is a very good thing as I think I will have many more for him over the next few years!"
June 21st, 2007
"Carl photostream is a visual and technical treat. A very talented (and patient!) photographer. More than this though, his comments are always thoughtful, and the advice and suggestions he offers are really appreciated.
There's always a new suprise on Carl's photostream!"
May 3rd, 2007
3rd foundation says:
"Carl is not only a talented photographer but generous in providing wonderful and helpful commentary on other's imagery. He has helped me on numerous occasions in finding textures, applying effects and fine tuning my photos. You owe yourself a moment to browse through his image stream. Lots of great stuff to be found here."
April 25th, 2007
"I was introduced to Carl's work through a mutual friend of ours and ever since i've been impressed by his images. He never seems to run out of ideas and always seems to be willing to try out new concepts and techniques. Each time he posts a new image i'm never ceased to be amazed in some way.
Please keep us amazed for a long time to come Carl."
March 28th, 2007
Tiny L says:
"The subjects of Carl's masterpieces vary widely and he seems able to try anything and make it work. I can't keep up with all the ideas he comes up with, and I hope you're all bracing yourselves for the next one!
Sometimes I'm so jealous I really hate him, but the rest of the time I just yearn for approval from the master:-)
But seriously... he's always full of good advice - and it's still good advice even when I choose to ignore it:-)))) [Excecpt probably the one about how many extra espresso shots you can fit in a latte grande!]"
January 5th, 2007
"This man is a crazy night photographer. I'm amazed again and again by his night photography. His ideas are out of this world and when he puts them into motion the images he creates are out of this world."
November 29th, 2006
- Carl Jones
- April 2006
- Pwllheli, Wales, UK
- I am: