Crikey has it really been that long since I edited my profile? Well, a few years on and still an enthusiastic amateur and enjoying it.
I've tried my hands at a load of different styles (I draw the line at flowers btw) and although still enjoying night shots the most, I'm finding model photography in studio's (and out) very satisfying ;)
I've setup a seperate stream for my model + studio work, partly to stop NSFW images appearing on my stream when posting to the likes of facebook, but also to stop my mum getting embarrassed when viewing my stream (hi Mum :p).
You can view my modelling stream here
Thank you for visiting my stream, I hope you enjoy what's on show here
Photos of c@rljones (3)
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 10,611 photos, 1,110 members
- BudgetAstro 4,995 photos, 259 members
- This is Art! 1,909 photos, 745 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 155,592 photos, 4,087 members
- ITV Wales Your Pictures 113,026 photos, 1,246 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 106,144 photos, 3,714 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,376,493 photos, 29,511 members
- Sky 290,325 photos, 15,639 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 44,540 photos, 2,080 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 30,875 photos, 1,921 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 68,660 photos, 5,607 members
- BBC Wales Nature & Landscapes 94,521 photos, 2,174 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 472,340 photos, 30,373 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 104,301 photos, 10,213 members
- Cell Phone Photography 350,726 photos, 11,213 members
- Hipstafanatics 50,776 photos, 801 members
- Hipstamatic 325,524 photos, 16,718 members
- Light Junkies 110,589 photos, 18,540 members
- Painting ... with Light 21,805 photos, 2,123 members
- UK Models & Photographers 34,963 photos, 2,765 members
- Fashion & Style 221,100 photos, 12,019 members
- Fashion Photography UK 17,877 photos, 755 members
- uk UrBex 973 photos, 260 members
- Patr - Google Chrome Extension for Flickr 17 photos, 132 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women P1/C2 267,372 photos, 13,118 members
- Abandoned 1,056,338 photos, 74,059 members
- 28 Days Later 148,398 photos, 3,530 members
- The Alberta Landscape 11,029 photos, 590 members
- Alberta 108,506 photos, 1,842 members
- Canadian Rockies 40,396 photos, 2,580 members
- Amazing Alberta 87,727 photos, 2,147 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:FAV/A3) 688,068 photos, 39,005 members
- Natural Landscapes 18,562 photos, 4,522 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 339,938 photos, 31,252 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,209 photos, 22,115 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 510,813 photos, 25,750 members
- = World Through My Lens = 9,809 photos, 366 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,985 photos, 18,438 members
- Golden Pictures Worth 1000 Words-Admin Invite Only-Award 2 16,669 photos, 3,020 members
- Beautiful Clouds 298,670 photos, 21,860 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,215,735 photos, 36,603 members
- Life in Black & White 1,059,535 photos, 31,678 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 85,161 photos, 5,288 members
- iPhoneographers 53,056 photos, 914 members
- 2009 Year of Astronomy (Pool submissions are now closed) 248 photos, 66 members
- full of gas scooter team 514 photos, 98 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 225,269 photos, 8,976 members
- Star Trails 24,839 photos, 10,135 members
- Digital Infrared 100,014 photos, 8,585 members
- IR World 36,704 photos, 2,696 members
The Josiah says:
"It's been my pleasure to have followed Carl on Flickr for some time, and been able to witness the birth and matriculation of a photographer. It's rare to find someone who always has a positive word for others and an unabashed sense of self and humor in their work. I love this photography."
July 16th, 2009
"I've only recently re-discovered Carl's photostream after a lengthy absence from flickr. It's amazing how much he's been able to diversify his images in the time i've been away. Changing from landscape to darkness to more recently modelling (yummm), keeping us all entertained, and on our toes."
June 24th, 2008
"what an amazing job carl does at creating a mood, a feeling. His images illicit a sense of atmosphere in a fabulous way. I check in on his stream daily, and I'm never disappointed!"
June 3rd, 2008
"Carl has a quality rarely found in Flickr... It's his honesty in his comments, he will always leave quality feedback. It's important to have people like Carl on Flickr, genuine feedback enables us as artists to improve and evolve. He thinks about the shot before him, and what to say; never just a haphazard "great shot".
It is always a pleaure to look through his photo stream."
November 29th, 2007
Gunnar B. says:
"Take a look at _Belial's sense of colors and darkness and be amazed. This man is not only a terrific photographer with a strong sense for mood and situations but he is a graphic artist as well. His treatments are out of this world, and I'm amazed of the consistency he manages to create. I also am very amazed with his night photography which really brings out the stunning colors in his often dark photos. I have not yet mentioned his amazing landscape photography from Wales (or any other place he puts his feet down really), or the really nice soft portraits of children that he sometimes makes. Take a long stroll through _Belial's stream and enjoy life through the the special eyes of a unique photographer."
August 6th, 2007
Helen D. says:
"I have been meaning to write this for some time now since Carl's photostream from the first moment I saw it knew that it would be one of my favorites on flickr. I adore the tones in his photos and the fantastic modes that is captured.
August 1st, 2007
"Carl has mastered the way of capturing light that makes his photographs supurb. His black and white photos, and especially his color, stand out above many. Thought-provoking and filled with emotion, his photos are unmistakable."
July 25th, 2007
Jon Block says:
"Carl has a wonderful combination of photographic talent, generosity and adventurousness that makes him a real asset to the Flickr community. I check his photostream so often because I know that I will regularly be introduced to new ideas and techniques. He is always happy to give advice and answer my questions, and this is a very good thing as I think I will have many more for him over the next few years!"
June 21st, 2007
"Carl photostream is a visual and technical treat. A very talented (and patient!) photographer. More than this though, his comments are always thoughtful, and the advice and suggestions he offers are really appreciated.
There's always a new suprise on Carl's photostream!"
May 3rd, 2007
3rd foundation says:
"Carl is not only a talented photographer but generous in providing wonderful and helpful commentary on other's imagery. He has helped me on numerous occasions in finding textures, applying effects and fine tuning my photos. You owe yourself a moment to browse through his image stream. Lots of great stuff to be found here."
April 25th, 2007
"I was introduced to Carl's work through a mutual friend of ours and ever since i've been impressed by his images. He never seems to run out of ideas and always seems to be willing to try out new concepts and techniques. Each time he posts a new image i'm never ceased to be amazed in some way.
Please keep us amazed for a long time to come Carl."
March 28th, 2007
Tiny L says:
"The subjects of Carl's masterpieces vary widely and he seems able to try anything and make it work. I can't keep up with all the ideas he comes up with, and I hope you're all bracing yourselves for the next one!
Sometimes I'm so jealous I really hate him, but the rest of the time I just yearn for approval from the master:-)
But seriously... he's always full of good advice - and it's still good advice even when I choose to ignore it:-)))) [Excecpt probably the one about how many extra espresso shots you can fit in a latte grande!]"
January 5th, 2007
"This man is a crazy night photographer. I'm amazed again and again by his night photography. His ideas are out of this world and when he puts them into motion the images he creates are out of this world."
November 29th, 2006
- Carl Jones
- April 2006
- Pwllheli, Wales, UK
- I am: