About pmarella: Hi my name is Pat. I worked for the railroad for 40 yr’s, i am retired now and i enjoy taking photos.I started on the CNJ Then went to Conrail and then to NJTransit. And don’t forget to live love and take photos !
All photographs on this flickr Web site under the name "pmarella" are the sole property of pmarella. Any duplication or reproduction of any image by any method
whatsoever, including being copied, saved, printed, or used either for
personal use or commercial use, without the express written consent
from pmarella, is prohibited by federal copyright law.
Canon EOS 5D
Canon EOS 7D
These are the Len’s i use Canon EF24 70mm f28L USM,
Canon EF70 200mm f4L USM
Canon EF 50mm f1.8
Sigma 17 70mm
EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Sigma 10 20
“If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event… what kind of film would you use?”
“Photography, like alcohol, should only be allowed to those who can do without it.” – Walter Sickert
My photographs are not planned or composed in advance and I do not anticipate that the onlooker will share my viewpoint. However, I feel that if my photograph leaves an image on his mind--something has been accomplished.
- The Fog and The Rain 35,093 photos, 3,391 members
- REMEMBER THEM 14,370 photos, 916 members
- bridge structures 1,219 photos, 327 members
- PLANET EARTH OUR HOME 737,828 photos, 12,506 members
- Delaware River 6,115 photos, 404 members
- Military Aeronautics 133,838 photos, 1,620 members
- Worldwide Fire Boats 907 photos, 68 members
- ALL fire/ems 49,214 photos, 272 members
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) 1,122 photos, 73 members
- Naturalight 29,853 photos, 1,473 members
- Smokestacks and Chimneys (INDUSTRIAL ONLY, NO RESIDENTIAL) 2,011 photos, 118 members
- I love Boats 22,052 photos, 1,154 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 272,819 photos, 5,667 members
- Blue Angels 11,710 photos, 815 members
- steam boilers and boiler houses 2,251 photos, 78 members
- Canon EOS 70D - Official 154,603 photos, 3,221 members
- Mallorca - 4,266 photos, 330 members
- Southwest Airlines 17,546 photos, 2,027 members
- United Airlines 25,281 photos, 1,075 members
- Delta Air Lines 26,196 photos, 1,165 members
- Birding World 246,378 photos, 2,053 members
- Sigma 17-70mm F/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM 44,623 photos, 1,796 members
- Winter 2013-14 1,078 photos, 87 members
- Night and darkness 378,216 photos, 21,902 members
- North Bergen NJ 819 photos, 41 members
- This is the World we Live in 35,696 photos, 471 members
- Canon EOS 70D - Official Group 453,899 photos, 10,333 members
- New York: Landmarks - the best of NY 90,364 photos, 5,935 members
- Bird Photography Tips & Techniques 42,898 photos, 1,274 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,378,991 photos, 118,707 members
- Ships and Boats 2,885 photos, 149 members
- Norwegian Breakaway 941 photos, 87 members
- Imagine Peace 14,939 photos, 1,660 members
- EXOTIC BIRDS - NO LIMIT 18,560 photos, 293 members
- The Urban Waterfront 11,940 photos, 633 members
- Washington Post "Seven Wonders" 4,875 photos, 515 members
- 2016 Partners in 365 Exploration 38,850 photos, 259 members
- Classic Motor Yachts 1,220 photos, 199 members
- Wedding Photography 260,493 photos, 52,735 members
- The Blue Angels 5,773 photos, 458 members
- Strobist Gear 29,119 photos, 4,691 members
- Wedding Photographers 227,118 photos, 29,745 members
- The Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4 DC MACRO OS 19,650 photos, 991 members
- Aviation 804,640 photos, 14,385 members
- Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR DI VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens 5,673 photos, 330 members
- The Joyful Servant 105 photos, 90 members
- I Love Jersey City: Everybody Counts 711 photos, 172 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 332,854 photos, 16,611 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 373,175 photos, 22,165 members
- Bayonne, NJ 2,378 photos, 90 members
"I've known Pat for many years and followed his gorgeous photography mostly of night scenes. He has the most delightful night photos I've ever seen. Pat takes great pride in showing his state of New Jersey and the waterfront. He has captured its magic in every season and all kinds of weather. He knows his camera and what it can do. Thankyou Pat for sharing your God give talents with all of us."
January 17th, 2013
"I met Pat on another photo site and have watched him grow and progess in his photography.
I remember when his photo entitled,"The Weed"
was given high honors. It was from that point on he
began to flourish in his photographic subject matter and perspective.
I love his sense of humor and his rule for life:
LIVE, LOVE and TAKE PHOTOS! That always makes me smile.
This testimonial is far, far too late my friend, but nonetheless it is
genuine and heartfelt. You keep snapping and I will keep looking!!!!"
September 28th, 2008
"This testimonial is long overdue. I've been a fan of pmarella since before Flickr, especially of his urban photos with a sense of humor like "Waterfront Property in Jersey City" of a swimming pool and "Horses in Jersey City" of a merry-go-round, and was especially pleased when he was awarded with special recognition for a macro shot of a weed (which was truly excellent, by the way). Here at Flickr, pmarella's talent has continued to shine in a big way, in fact, in an even bigger way, which is very well deserved. I very much enjoy pmarella's skyline waterfront landscapes capturing the many moods of the big city, and look forward to enjoying more for a long time to come."
January 1st, 2008
"Pat was my first "Flickr" friend and contact. He always comes by my site and leaves wonderful comments. I love looking at his pictures, the quality is of the highest. Even though we only know each other through pictures, I feel like Pat is a close and good friend. He has taught me the true art of photography and that is to just "shoot and upload". The more I have done that, the better the quality of the pictures. Thank you Pat! You are an amazing photographer and person. Someone on here wrote that she starts her day looking at Pat's pictures. That is good advice, his pictures will make the sun rise in your day every day, rain or shine."
October 3rd, 2007
Hell's Attik says:
"I have been peepin' Pat's work for over a year and I must say, his work is amazing! He is incapable of taking a bad shot, whether it be a sunset of New York City or a park bench overlooking the Hudson.
Simply put, shining work!"
April 24th, 2007
"Pat is truly the King of New York. His dawn and dusk shots of the world's most famous skyline are unsurpassed. His photos are eye candy at its finest!"
March 26th, 2007
blackdog2 canajadedio says:
"Pat is the one and only that capture the real face of the city .... he is a grand master of nite pics... continue your work , for me #1"
March 26th, 2007
"Pat is the grand master of the night photography. At times when most of us sleep (or are too drunk to recognize the beauty of the surroundings :-) ) he explores these lonely moment to give us wonderful views!
... and his sunrises give a new beauty to the most famous skyline of all."
March 7th, 2007
difficult noise says:
"Mister New York !
your pix are great
i'm far from this town i seen only once
and all your pix are my daily little pleasure !
thanks and keep shooting !
February 27th, 2007
Ms. Kathleen says:
"Pat is one of the best photographers around. I am constantly amazed at the beauty and splendor of his photographs. He is very creative and artistic. It is a constant joy to view his photos each morning. Ms. Kathleen"
January 3rd, 2007
rainy digestion says:
"I always come back to Pat's 'stream because I enjoy tracking the development of his style - Pat is always trying something new. I particularly like the way he chips away at a given subject matter, constantly looking for new angles on something he may have looked at a dozen times before. There is something very refreshing in that - finding the new in the old. Have a really good explore, as you'll find the body of his work very rewarding.
So, Pat, keep shooting, and keep finding ways to make me make my photography better."
December 16th, 2006
"When I first joined Flickr, had no contacts or friends, and did not know what Flickr was, I and looked around to see what was here. It was early in October of 2005 that I ran across my first image from Pat. It is a tremendous image called “Sunrise” and is our yellow sun, outlining the silhouette of the Empire State Building and etched upon the rocks in my head forever.
I added it to my favorites and began watching for more of his breathtaking pictures.
Pat is one of my earliest and dearest Flickr friends and I enjoy his company and comments, Even when he calls me “Ham” I laugh because that is what I am or to paraphrase Popeye:” A Ham, What a Ham!”
However, this is about Pat not me.
Pat is my OLDEST friend on Flickr and I mean that literally.
I do try to get his goat frequently. It does not work because he is older and wiser than I am.
Pat’s friendly comments are thoughtful, gracious and are the highlights of my day.
His images inspire me and countless other flickrographrs
Thank you for all your contributions to Flickr, Pat and for being my friend.
October 19th, 2006
Zélia Doneux Rebske says:
"Pat shows the New York I didn't quite see when I was there!"
September 2nd, 2006
Heaven`s Gate (John) says:
"Patrick has the most superb collection of photographs of New York City I have ever seen. The sunrise and sunsets are stunning and amazing, and he has a true photographers eye for the perfect composition.
It is a constant delight to check his photostream each day as the quality and technical ability he displays is excellent."
August 16th, 2006
"I remember first seeing Pat's pictures on another web site. He had so much potential that it blew me away. When he got here to Flickr he went crazy and it shows. Your pictures have come around 100 fold Patrick, you've turned into an awesome cityscape photographer with real talent and a passion for pictures. Thanks for sharing with us and thanks for sharing your love of photography!"
July 4th, 2006
dashing ticket says:
"i imagine pat roaming through new york at night, catching moments of poetry, beauty and harmony in the hustle and bustle of this big city. pat' s pictures create wonder and joy - and curiosity in me. sometimes i start the day with them and feel good all day."
June 26th, 2006
awesome water says:
"Always interesting, and willing to get the best of his work! Very well commited!"
June 11th, 2006
When you see this name, there's a word that comes to mind,"Constancy".
Pat's consistence is a tribute to his shooting skills.
All shooters strive to be consistence.
It's a pleasure and a treat for the eyes to see his Skylines and his Night shots , not to mention his Flowers.
Thank You Pat.
June 11th, 2006
"I ADORE patrick's photostream....filled with beauty, creativity and of course "charm"....simply amazing, his photos place you in a relaxing state of mind and takes you away!
I am proud to call pmarella my flickr friend....his work will inspire you.
Thanks for sharing "your world" with everyone at flickr!"
June 9th, 2006
Kjell Eson says:
"When I watch Pats pictures I wonder how he always can show the
people at flickr a perfect shot.
A skilful photographer and his camera is a perfect team.
I confess that I use Pats picture as desktop wallpaper.
Pat is an expert to use the early morning sunlight.
He also takes the best sunset and sunrise pictures at flickr.
He can see all the cloud formation we didn’t know exist.
Pat is also an all round photographer and he never
loads up a picture without sharpness, contrast and
of course something to show and entertain us with.
I will also thank Pat for everything he has done for me.
Thank you Patrick!"
May 31st, 2006
shelley 791 says:
"Patrick's photography is heart-stopping beautiful. He should be hired by the city of New York as their official photographer His art always puts me in a "New York State of Mind". Good job, Patrick!"
May 11th, 2006
"Patrick takes the best skyline photos of anyone I have ever seen.
I love New York City, and it is obvious that Patrick does as well. It shows in his glorious skylines."
May 3rd, 2006
abiding home says:
"Patrick I adore your photography, it lifts me' and your just par excellence.
February 7th, 2006
"Patrick is a wonderful photographer. His sunrise and sky shots are some of the most amazing that I've come across and he inspires the rest of us to aim higher in our own talents. I'm honoured to be included as one of his contacts :o)"
March 13th, 2006
shaky surprise says:
"Patrick is one the most amazing photograpers i'v seen.
His photos are so amazing that i started adding them to my favorites and kept doing that with each photo he upload!
October 20th, 2005
- Patrick Marella
- July 2005
- Jersey City
- Jersey City, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken