I'm 53 years old, and started digital photography in 2006.
I predominantly shoot with Canon gear
but I also have a Fujifilm FinePix S9600 which I share with my son.
I live in the Adelaide Hills in South Australia and don't travel too far out of the state. So most of the photos you see are of South Australia.
In the last two years I've switched my genre to concentrate on portrait (in particular head and shoulders) photography. I find the most enjoyment in developing a close rapport with the model and working with them to bring expression and story through their eyes.
I while ago started a group for images of the Adelaide Hills, which of late I have been neglecting - I'll get back to it.
If you have some shots taken in the Adelaide Hills or are interested in these images then please join.
Here are a few of my favourite shots.
Photos of Jack High (5)
- Nature HQ 5,496 photos, 26,274 members
- Casas de Piedra 30,064 photos, 822 members
- Native Habitat Restoration Projects 1,981 photos, 90 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 402,232 photos, 103,689 members
- Ham Radio and Photography 240 photos, 40 members
- Australian Amateur Radio 95 photos, 18 members
- Australian Suburbs 19,516 photos, 510 members
- Australia in Black & White 58,440 photos, 3,356 members
- ||Adopted Cats|| Show off your shelter cat! 1,683 photos, 129 members
- Cute Cat 192,687 photos, 14,491 members
- Northern Suburbs, South Australia 626 photos, 43 members
- Wine-geek musings 19,977 photos, 3,630 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 72,061 photos, 3,843 members
- ALL ABOUT INSECTS & SPIDERS 169,488 photos, 8,928 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,454,134 photos, 36,175 members
- the second valley boatsheds - in memoriam 32 photos, 9 members
- Night and low light photography 37,249 photos, 3,221 members
- **Your Sleeping Cat** 30,944 photos, 7,056 members
- Water Drops 94,185 photos, 14,827 members
- Local is Beautiful - Growing & Eating Local Food 25,525 photos, 2,759 members
- SA Photography 14,829 photos, 145 members
- Australian Sports Photography 4,066 photos, 188 members
- Australian Cafes 1,512 photos, 238 members
- Spiders of Australia 38,318 photos, 761 members
- Field Guide to Insects of Australia 56,769 photos, 903 members
- city of adelaide - the architecture and landscape 4,539 photos, 334 members
- State Library of South Australia Collection Development 25,493 photos, 245 members
- Australian Stone Houses and Buildings Gallery 148 photos, 60 members
- River Murray Dying 455 photos, 62 members
- Seascapes and Seashorelines 809,969 photos, 35,740 members
- Birds of South Australia 2,904 photos, 67 members
- Adelaide and Monarto Zoos, SA 3,485 photos, 210 members
- Yorke Peninsula in South Australia 648 photos, 82 members
- Animal Planet 1,088,696 photos, 77,270 members
- Willunga Township and Area 170 photos, 16 members
- Tamron SP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) 5,115 photos, 275 members
- Port Willunga Jetty 269 photos, 63 members
- *Animal Photography* 942,145 photos, 32,810 members
- Australian Portraits 19,845 photos, 926 members
- All Animals and Nature 28,186 photos, 351 members
- B&W AND SEPIA (Admins Required) 20,433 photos, 813 members
- Birds - Sea, Shore, Water and Wader 100,294 photos, 2,831 members
- Birds Photos 2,983,003 photos, 87,566 members
- Warrawong Wildlife Sanctuary 137 photos, 16 members
- People & Portraits 218,528 photos, 4,743 members
- The Spider Web 66,803 photos, 10,956 members
- Bugs of Australia 25,515 photos, 250 members
- Insect Macro Photography 661,098 photos, 32,413 members
- Field Guide to Insects and Spiders 67,442 photos, 2,543 members
- Australian Backyard Birds 5,455 photos, 286 members
Gazmajsteria (Gaz) says:
"Your photos are truly such an inspirational.
Jack is one of my the favorite photographers on flickr.
I just await to see more more of your beautiful photos in the future.
Have fun on flickr,dear Jack
Many thanks for your continued support and taking the time on my website.
June 21st, 2009
"If you're seeking repetition or a stream full of Flower Macro's & Pet shots? You might as well leave now, you won't find them here! You'll still find some of the mainstream stuff, but you won't be flooded by it.
Jack's stream is vast and varied in content, hell he's the only photographer on Flickr that I've seen with a shot of a slater bug! You will have a good perspective of what the Adelaide Hills & Fleurieu Peninsula have to offer & you'll be impressed by his Australian fauna content.
You will find some spectacular shots of Australian Wildlife & the Australian way of life. You've also got love his wit & sense humour that you'll find in many of his shots & his comments.
Take a look at his equipment, you'll be envious! & take the time to visit the Adelaide Hills Group, which he started.
I'm loving some of Jack's recent work & looking forward to what he has in store for us in the near future! This is not to suggest that some of the old stuff isn't good, dig through his stream and find the 'Skink' & the 'Holy Grail'. His passion is evident & the results are never disappointing.
He's as passionate about lawn bowls (as his Flickr name would suggest) as he is about his photography. But, if you ever come up against him on a slow green & he drops in a short end................. drive straight up the guts!"
July 27th, 2007
- Rod Brunker
- April 2006
- Meadows, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Information Technology Manager
- Rod Brunker Photography