I enthusiastically started photography when I was eleven, a long time ago.
I never lost this enthusiasm.
I am male.
Köln / Cologne, Germany
viele denken, Photographie hätte nichts mit Kunst zu tun
es ist aber Kunst - wenn man es kann.
manchmal denke ich - ich könnte ich es schon ... :)
All my images and the videos here on flickr are copyrighted ©
They may not be reproduced, used in any commercial way, copied, transmitted or manipulated without my explicit permission.
- Manmade Landscapes - Altered Terrain 18,015 photos, 346 members
- Manufactured Landscapes: Edward Burtynsky 4,785 photos, 151 members
- Der blinde Metzger 2,736 photos, 223 members
- TOYS IN THE 1970-80S 15,784 photos, 1,405 members
- Brandenburg unplugged 350 photos, 10 members
- Arch Daily 207,366 photos, 8,673 members
- Carlswerk 9 photos, 2 members
- køln unplugged 2,368 photos, 91 members
- Alltagsgeschichten 1,631 photos, 159 members
- In Limbo 1,441 photos, 162 members
- Januar 2013 162 photos, 23 members
- garagenatmosphäre 607 photos, 57 members
- Ich glotz TV 129 photos, 14 members
- Berlin, wo es weh tut 3,217 photos, 176 members
- Dort & Damit 78 photos, 11 members
- Berlin vor ein paar Jahren. 2,738 photos, 184 members
- Internationale Staufotografie (International Traffic Jam) 44 photos, 12 members
- Guess Where Berlin (please read the rules!) 49,356 photos, 1,469 members
- Köln Rheinauhafen 1,453 photos, 193 members
- DDR - Ostalgie 19,556 photos, 538 members
- Kliebergasse 95 photos, 13 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 51,915 photos, 4,923 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 45,534 photos, 4,256 members
- found cubism 135 photos, 30 members
- Very Frightening Home 174 photos, 20 members
- Hopperscapes : Emptiness Crowded With Solitude 468 photos, 229 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,860 photos, 1,375 members
- - la photographie modeste - 71,588 photos, 1,415 members
- - the really quite average masterpiece - 140 photos, 150 members
- Wilhelm Riphahn 71 photos, 18 members
- Tangier, our city! 3,101 photos, 223 members
- altfotonet.org 13,338 photos, 221 members
- Wiener Schaufenster / Vienna Shopwindows 1,413 photos, 156 members
- Heimatverein 555 photos, 23 members
- Egypt lovers 10,705 photos, 1,172 members
- Ford Granada and Scorpio 15,271 photos, 315 members
- lovely ugly vienna 10,502 photos, 528 members
- Peter Zumthor 1,597 photos, 392 members
- Wallscape Art 2,849 photos, 97 members
- the third man 81 photos, 29 members
- severinsbrücke 83 photos, 4 members
- Cairo 10,960 photos, 801 members
- Older Cairo 3,323 photos, 494 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 115,634 photos, 3,874 members
- HOPPEResque 6,325 photos, 689 members
- kafka-esque 12,764 photos, 1,461 members
- khôra 255 photos, 52 members
- please don't award us 0 photos, 532 members
- Babel Deutsch Revolution ÄEsthetik 593 photos, 52 members
- Deconstructed 1,935 photos, 230 members
"Großartige Fotografie. Und grandiose Kommentare."
July 13th, 2010
"my... i just love your pictures!"
May 27th, 2010
Mr Luke Harby says:
"Anspruchsvoll und elegant"
June 17th, 2010
clean, simple, effective,
I'm a fan."
May 9th, 2008
"... excellent compositions with such a hight aesthetics impact ... it's truly a risk to visit rainers work ... you can't stop to press the fave-button !
and last but not least you gotta love his honest and humorous way to communicate.
thank you for everything !"
May 12th, 2007
"Rainer's photography is a constant source of inspiration and amazement for me. There are few people on flickr I know who publish photos at such a constant high level of quality.
His work is full of quiet beauty, it's complicated and very easy at the same time. He is a master of composition, bringing complex scenes to life with a gentle hand and incorruptible eye. His talent is not only for photography but also for selecting locations. Rainer is a great observer of other peoples' images as well, mostly providing excellent feedback.
Rainer's love for light and mood is one of the things I enjoy so much in his images and he always seems to take a step back and let his images speak for themselves. He never tries to force a way of seeing on his viewers and allows us to make our own discoveries. This is a wonderful quality and makes him stand out in an environment that can be ego driven, attention seeking and superficial.
I am so glad I found him on flickr, he is a much loved friend and great artist who has changed the way I approach my own photography."
April 18th, 2007
"a unique vision.
a truly special talent.
so good i sometimes wonder why i bother..."
December 16th, 2006
eric the hack says:
"Rainer is a wonderful photographer and an equally wonderful contact.
It's always a pleasure to see what he's up to.
His sense of composition is inspirational.
He is always ready with an honest opinion and it's usually spot on.
I strongly encourage anyone unfamiliar with his work to take the time and look. You will be very happy that you did!"
September 13th, 2006
- May 2006
- I am: