Snailbooty Calendar 2012
"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery." Francis Bacon
Photos of snailbooty (6)
- Yodeling at SXSW 1,644 photos, 158 members
- Booooooom.com! 405,839 photos, 18,758 members
- Vintage Kids 39,402 photos, 3,155 members
- ~ X-Treme Photo Experiments ~ 28,874 photos, 1,174 members
- Innovative collage 24,263 photos, 823 members
- EL Bombo Atomico 47,349 photos, 1,571 members
- COLLAGEconcept 27,299 photos, 864 members
- Digital Art and Mixed Media 145,855 photos, 4,591 members
- Abstract Reality 171,290 photos, 7,879 members
- abstract squared 23,293 photos, 597 members
- blurism 73,344 photos, 2,670 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 51,954 photos, 4,924 members
- Cut 'n' Paste 43,690 photos, 1,499 members
- Outsider Folk Art! 22,502 photos, 902 members
- Art - Drawing and Painting 478,236 photos, 17,733 members
- Boing Boing 132,763 photos, 5,258 members
- frankenstein art 842 photos, 283 members
- ★ Macro - Up Close and Personal ★ 372,611 photos, 15,643 members
- Vintage Collage Art 37,461 photos, 3,333 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 84,111 photos, 2,037 members
- Noir & Blanc (tag: "noiretblanc") 226,706 photos, 9,060 members
- Ricoh Caplio GX-100 13,253 photos, 503 members
- Rabbit 26,784 photos, 2,899 members
- La Mistica de las Texturas/The Mystic of the Textures 67,281 photos, 2,594 members
- En Clair et en Obscur 27,150 photos, 1,814 members
- Photomontage 43,309 photos, 3,042 members
- Solitude 74,254 photos, 3,701 members
- Collectible Toys 25,943 photos, 458 members
- Beautifuldecay.com Creative Pic Pool! 77,111 photos, 2,328 members
- finally we are no one 112,079 photos, 4,590 members
- ... my dark side ... 34,470 photos, 1,817 members
- Lensbaby Composer 22,650 photos, 1,963 members
- ! B&W - The Art of Photography (P1 C1 If You Wish To) NO SEPIA 428,976 photos, 16,108 members
- shadows 218,868 photos, 21,669 members
- Living in Black and White Photography 140,191 photos, 3,435 members
- Masks 7,601 photos, 969 members
- Darkest Dreaming 4,914 photos, 778 members
- ..:: I LOVE DARK PHOTOS ::.. 469,148 photos, 18,159 members
- The surreal life 58,766 photos, 2,039 members
- Your Visions 429,187 photos, 5,860 members
- Lensbaby 80,640 photos, 10,083 members
- Lensbabies 46,184 photos, 5,478 members
- Golden Age of Advertising: 1950s - 1970s 35,607 photos, 2,074 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 123,969 photos, 28,949 members
- Character Gangland 18,447 photos, 979 members
- Toy Cameras 299,280 photos, 26,164 members
- MACROPIX 68,603 photos, 2,866 members
- Toy Stories 78,812 photos, 2,346 members
- à travers les brumes 12,535 photos, 1,135 members
- Art Bandits(art not photography) 41,541 photos, 2,229 members
zébulon rouge says:
"Un plasticien génial qui joue en virtuose,
sa partition pleine d'humour noir.
Une liberté, de la méchanceté Une surdoué d'enfant!
Le décapant Plaisir d'une histoire fantastique Chaque fois à."
March 7th, 2010
"i heart snailbooty :D xo"
February 11th, 2010
"First off : I assumed Snailbooty was female - perhaps Snailbooty is a male raised exclusively by vixens in the back of an abandoned Roman toystore. I am astounded to discover this great work here and not through the art gallery market.That's to the detriment of the art world.I think Snailbooty is the most interesting new fine art talent in a long time, making work which is simultaneously both bold and subtle. Superb by all the formal criteria, the work is category busting,haunting, amusing and multivalent. She's a genuine world class talent. My admiration and envy know no end.
December 22nd, 2009
mario leko says:
"micro cosmos of fears
and forgotten horrors
anti superheros show all their isolation
in these almost phobic tiny frames
by lacking their size
we are driven to come closer
and look at lingering sadness in their
-showing us how much we actually
with monster under our bed.
for removing a pillow from my face
when there's blood on TV...!"
September 15th, 2009
amy huddleston says:
"beyond good, brilliant, and what ever other adjective I could come up with, but I'll continue...thoroughly captivating; riveting, and fantastically, freakishly, gorgeous. Thank you!"
August 20th, 2009
"other is correct.
other is apposite.
bothersome puppets and worrisome dolls.
those charged plastic eyes that reflect our collective weltschmerz speak volumes.
dislocation, doll looks at doll looks at fracture looks at us. looking at them.
this is, quite simply, one of the most visually energetic streams that grace flickr.
original is often cliche. in this instance, it is actuality.
that small plastic figures, that a doll, can worry, dislocate and offer such discomfort is a simulacrum of our own selves.
we are become plastic. we are become dolls. we dance as if our lives were designed by a coin, dropped in a machine for the pleasure of the observer, the grey buyer.
this artist should be known. this work is wonderful, sublime and singularly descriptive of the time that surrounds us all.
this is a creator who demands eyes. a creator who deserves all eyes to be turned toward the work.
beautiful, plastic, framed and offered freakishness.
a mirror most disturbing.
all should look, consider, walk away, and adore the echo.
may snailbooty gain the recognition this original and powerful body of work deserves.
May 9th, 2009
"The type of creative genius that could only be described via a neologism that has yet to be coined ... Snailbooty is a truly unique artist and one of my favorite Flickr contacts."
February 27th, 2009
william schaff says:
"wow! This artist doesn't really need another testimonial from someone like like me, but here i am writing it. The fact that they keep pouring it out..they ar not making art..Snailbooty is BREATHING!!!!! good for you snailbooty. Keep breathing never stop. The fact that you are doing so is offering so much to this stilted, recycled air world."
February 16th, 2009
"No doubt about it: You will not find another stream like snailbooty's. So brilliant, so entertaining, so addicting; complexly layered in pop-culture and intelligence. No need to fear you won't 'get it', though. If there is one thing that can be guaranteed here, it's that this body of artwork is downright ugly-laugh funny! Enjoy!"
September 1st, 2008
Q. Q. Kachoo says:
"Snailbooty's art is disturbing in both senses of the word: creepy, yes, deliciously so--but it also moves you. To be disturbed is to be moved, to be taken to a place you've never been before. So in that sense, travel is disturbing, romance is disturbing, dreams are disturbing. Snailbooty has such an intimate handle on how things work under the surface that all her artwork makes a subconscious sort of sense, and you understand it without understanding why. She's tapped into the vein of dreams, memory and morals, and took vacation pictures. We're lucky that we get to see them."
July 20th, 2008
"As you know, I'm a fan. I think it would be bliss to see a gallery full of your work, divine madness all bundled together. Your sense of humor and creativity is endless and unique most of all. There's only one snailbooty and you are an inspiration!"
May 24th, 2008
"sin duda un gran ARTISTA"
May 24th, 2008
Art and Ghosts says:
"Booty, my dear, you have sliced my tender mind in half like a watermelon. it is the most beautiful pain in the world....
Never stop what youre doing to us.
we need it,
we're just frightened of how much.
all the best:) lou"
February 27th, 2008
Elsita (Elsa Mora) says:
"You have a new fan in me!
I respect and admire you.
You are a great Artist!
January 3rd, 2008
"Snailbooty's photography is simply brilliant. Her imagination and eye for the weird are inspiring. I am always looking forward to the latest in the bizarre world of the Snailbooty."
December 8th, 2007
December 9th, 2007
"I afraid I have no words to describe this person's art... let me try:
It's the MOST creative photo-work I've seen not in flickr but all around the web...
Look the details!!!! This person have the mind of a serial killer... hahaha... Really: snailbooty knows what snailbooty want.
I love your works, snailbooty!
October 27th, 2007
"hard to say what is surpasing which - the wit with which this photos have been composed, or the execution of photography itself. it creeps me out and cracks me up. awesome."
August 21st, 2007
"Ms.Booty is the finest aaah-tist in all the whirrled (period)"
August 16th, 2007
Floating Lantern says:
"We prostrate at the melted one armed statue of snailbooty, and hail to the goddess of oddism."
August 14th, 2007
sandra juto says:
"too good to be true, i love snailbooty's work."
August 4th, 2007
June 28th, 2007
"Wow, how do i start? Snailbooty's unique style goes into the corners of my mind where dreams lay. These wonderous yet sometimes disturbing images are a true artform in their own right. I am in awe of her talent and her ability to draw such emotion out of such imagery! I always love to look at her art which always brings to mind very diff. feelings, almost like seeing a thriller film or going to a haunted house!!! Truely a excellent artist!"
June 7th, 2007
"Toys are made in heaven, batteries are made in hell"
May 31st, 2007
`` Gryana says:
May 25th, 2007
"It's always exciting to see Snailbooty's newest creation. Eye candy in the best sense.
I hope one day to own an original. Hint, hint.
Just when you think she's the queen of 2-D art she goes and blitzes the 3-D world. Crazy good. Humbling. Inspiring."
April 29th, 2007
Evil Telepathic Monkey says:
"Snailbooty does not belong on flickr. She belongs in the Smithsonian as a national treasure, perfectly capturing our twisted pop-culture-collective-poisoned-psyche, but in a vey humanistic way. And with great photography, I might add. It's no easy task to photograph those little F*#*ers, and these are exquisite."
April 4th, 2007
"snailbooty is completely brilliant. i feel so fortunate to be able to share in his cooly-weird vision!"
December 6th, 2006
"Part of me wishes I was Snailbooty but Snailbooty does it so much better than I could. These here pictures make life more bearable, a lot more fun and are suitable for framing. View one and view the rest absolutely free. Long live Snailbooty!"
October 3rd, 2006
art by david m. lewis says:
"man, you've obviously got enough testimonials already, but i couldn't pick a single image to comment on 'cos they're all so DAMN GOOD. And i'm a grumpy old bastard who doesn't like much of anything. snailbooty rocks. end of story."
August 16th, 2006
"snailbooty's photos make me want to gaze whilst gnawing on a big fat block of cheese. in other words, they are beyond dreamy fabulous."
August 4th, 2006
"Just when I think I've got snail figured out, something new and bizarre pops up! I'm hooked! There is talent here amongst the toys and snailbooty - it's aways a fun game. Don't think too hard or your brain might just explode! The magic nevers ends here....."
April 16th, 2006
"Visiting SNAILBOOTY's FLICKR is a weekly, if not a daily excursion into the dreamlike past of childhood memory...when life was simpler and imagination was king (or Queen)...Dark...Wonderful...Magical...and Unforgettable."
January 28th, 2006
"The word/name snailbooty alone just makes me want to cheer, but the good snailbooty follows up and delivers the goods.
There are many varieties of passion on flickr, but snailbooty pretty much corners the market on the ultra-dimentional-uber-kool toy universe where a G.I. Joe might have a picnic w/ a plastic rabbit and everything turns out just right. Probably.
His photos lovingly capture this magical world and if heaven exists, I hope it's been art directed by the likes of snailbooty."
December 14th, 2005
"The creations of Snailbooty are like fantastic childhood dreams, creepily suggestive, often nightmarish, grotesque amalgamations of memorable toys and half-forgotten figurines and characters, set against bizarre and strangely evocative scenery. The shock of these twisted animated arrangements is diffused by a sly sense of humour and constantly compelling contrasts and compositions.
Half the fun is remembering... the other half is trying to figure out for yourself just what exactly is going on here!
Always a pleasure."
August 4th, 2005
What What says:
"Snailbootys' photos are awe-inspiringly orginal and thouroughly fun. I can't get enough."
June 26th, 2005
- CW Wells
- November 2004
- New York City
- I am:
- certified, mood swinger