It has come to my attention that I need a Flickr profile so here it is....
I was born in Nashville, Tennessee, raised in West Virginia, attended West Virginia University and moved to South Carolina after completing graduate school.
I have a very hard time living in the south with my liberal views. I always thought I would live in an urban area in the northeast but as you can see, I don't.
I always wanted to be a writer or a photographer and unless having a mommy blog and a flickr account counts, I'm neither.
I'm in my early thirties and I am a wife and a mother of two. I work outside the home full time and my hobbies include being driven bat-shit crazy by my G-unit (the kiddos), blogging, photography, and breastfeeding advocacy.
I'm very sarcastic and I have a hard time taking things seriously. I'm still waiting to grow up. Some days I expect someone to be mothering me rather than me mothering someone else.
Photos of Officially a Mom (6)
- Evildog 216 photos, 70 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 396,890 photos, 37,433 members
- Selfie Saturday 508 photos, 111 members
- 365 Old Skool 5,661 photos, 76 members
- Screw the Donkey 17 photos, 21 members
- Welcome Back Mikey!!!! 6 photos, 49 members
- 30 Songs in 30 Days 2,176 photos, 255 members
- Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple pie, and Chevrolet! 289 photos, 94 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,501 photos, 398 members
- I love Fiestaware! 887 photos, 107 members
- Espionage themed photography 130 photos, 47 members
- Finger Guns 72 photos, 57 members
- *Jumpology* 4,382 photos, 484 members
- Clemstock 2009 ::: Peace, Love and Flickr 35 photos, 27 members
- Welcome Baby Peeper 9 photos, 27 members
- The Super Duper Greenville Flickr Mixr 2 photos, 19 members
- Drunk While 365ing 138 photos, 31 members
- 2009 - A year of bokeh 167 photos, 26 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,103 photos, 2,029 members
- 365:2009 22,521 photos, 229 members
- 2009: A Year in Pictures 41,840 photos, 360 members
- Adventures of The Traveling TuTu 49 photos, 22 members
- Bokeh Addicts Anonymous 433 photos, 31 members
- Story People 4,783 photos, 753 members
- Bangs! 26 photos, 33 members
- High Key Society 18,169 photos, 4,299 members
- Beautiful Mistakes 912 photos, 286 members
- Guilty Pleasures 387 photos, 139 members
- Fabulous Embellished Party Hats! 205 photos, 105 members
- IMMORTALITY 815 photos, 185 members
- Hey Good Lookin'! 17 photos, 19 members
- Hot or Not 225 photos, 113 members
- 100 Days: Countdown to the 2008 Election 319 photos, 201 members
- Scary Doll Whores 308 photos, 92 members
- Just Shots 8,896 photos, 285 members
- Colors Not Found In Nature 724 photos, 119 members
- *Sundays Under Glass* 84 photos, 57 members
- fierce dot com 85 photos, 32 members
- Death to ... 330 photos, 574 members
- Duets 250 photos, 263 members
- Silk, Spice, and Spirits 217 photos, 62 members
- IN FLAGRANTE DELICTO / Caught in the Act 62 photos, 78 members
- Strategically Placed... 54 photos, 169 members
- journals and letters 33,494 photos, 3,016 members
- Unusual Looking 580 photos, 98 members
- *Inspire & Be Inspired* 8,225 photos, 352 members
- For the LOVE of Bokeh! 11,485 photos, 698 members
- Stick that tongue out! 1,967 photos, 809 members
- Bokeh Wednesday Eve 10,146 photos, 875 members
- Self portrait with sunglasses 1,160 photos, 292 members
Shana Jo/A Mother's Soul says:
"OAM is absolutely fantastic. Her Flickr stream provided daily smiles for me and I miss her photos! I hope that OAM, Lloyd, and their beautiful kiddos are doing well!!"
October 28th, 2008
"They always say you don't realize what you've got until you lose it - this is true here! I knew I loved OAM's work - her humor made me laugh till I cried some days! Her photography is one of a kind - so very talented! Now that she's not around I miss her more than ever. :o("
November 15th, 2008
"I'm marrying her after Lloyd, and then we'll have some gravity-defying afrolicious choco-lait dork-babies."
August 28th, 2008
"An awesome and extremely inspirational photographer! Each and every photo puts a smile on my face...how does she do it? I don't know, but she's awesome!"
June 21st, 2008
tom )º( says:
"I think after all the time bothering you to make me F&F, once I got it, at least I have to write a testimonial for you.
I know my english really raelly sucks, but I'll do my best.
Amanda is the funnyest gal at flickr ever. I love her sens of humor, even when I'm a bit far to understand some of the "F&F jokes". She always inspire me to keep going on with my photos. I wish I have 1/10 of her creativity.
Amanda, you absolutely rock, and you know it!
June 8th, 2008
"I can describe OAM in one word. Dorkylicious."
April 12th, 2008
"Officially a mom is so fun and cute. I know there will always be funny and interesting photos when I go to her stream. She is a favorite. I want her to be my friend IRL. Whoot!"
March 4th, 2008
< brian > says:
"Amanda rocks, plain and simple.
I love coming to her photostream.
She's funny, creative, sexy, sassy, and probably one
of the bestest, coolest moms on the planet!!
rock on dork!! This dork love you!"
February 26th, 2008
"i absolutely love the humor and variety in this stream of OFFICIALLY A MOM...dynamic, full of positive eNeRgY. some casual shots, some amazingly well lit great concept shots. very narrative work."
February 8th, 2008
"Amanda, I just found your stream recently, and have to say, your photos rock. You're inspirational, creative, colorful, and hysterical. I look forward to your posts every day, because I know they'll bring a big ol' smile to my face. Is that weird? You bring such light, humor and passion to your photos, which is awesome. Gah, now I'm gushing. Anyway. Love your stream, you're amazing, and thanks. :-)"
January 13th, 2008
"I am honestly no good at writing these, but here goes...
Officially a Mom's (OAM) photos continuously amaze me. They are always innovative, creative, and uniquely hers. I mean who else is truly going to pump gas in their multicolor tutu all for the sake of her art/hobby/passion?! I love the realness, the emotion, and the laughter her photos evoke. Her wonderful work will always remain an inspiration!"
December 29th, 2007
"Amanda is great. She rocks!!
She's funny, intelligent and a great photographer, and to open her site in Flickr is one of my favorite things to do everyday...
December 16th, 2007
Marietta Clicker says:
"Amanda is a true West Virginian. She appears to love life to the fullest and her great sense of humor is truly an asset. She appears to be so much to so many people. I love to see her pictures, especially those of her two beautiful children. Keep those smiles
going................they rub off.!!"
November 27th, 2007
dreaming in blues says:
"Amanda has a great sense of humor....even though I do not always get the jokes:-) I love her photos! She has a great talent with the camera.....her creative spirit is inspiring. She is the reason I started 365....She is just awsome:-)"
November 24th, 2007
transplanted mountaineer says:
"Amanda you are so awesome, I love looking at you photostream to see what crazy thing you have been doing lately. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photography of your family with all of us. It has been great seeing the Gavinator and Goose growing up! You are a true free spirit, must be the West Virginia coming out of you! thanks again"
August 8th, 2007
"Officially a beautiful, talented, creative, kind, artistic, funny, smart, sassy, sexy woman that many of us look to as inspiration in whichever aspect of her life we share - Amanda has it all!"
July 5th, 2007
"Amanda is officially nice and sexy and funny and crazy ... I enjoy her real pics, she is very talented, do not change ! ... Carine from Paris - France."
April 25th, 2007
"Amanda totally rocks the self portrait genre of photgraphy. She's daring, fun, and knows how to turn cliches into something interesting. If you aren't watching the exciting stream of Officially a Mom, you're missing one of the best on Flickr."
April 22nd, 2007
"Officially a Mom is officially one of the craziest, wittiest, sexiest and hands down one of the funniest people on Flickr. Amanda is beautiful, has two of the most precious G's I ever did see, does almost everything nude and has the most proactive pair of breasts on Flickr. I look forward to her posts everyday. I know that Amanda will make me laugh, make me think, make me strive to be more and make me wish I could so a naked handstand. I adore this woman and share my adulation with the entire hemisphere. OAM for Governor!!!"
April 11th, 2007
"Change the name to 'officially a cool, hip, smart, funny mom to two awesome G's' and you've come closer to the true Amanda. What can you say about her. Inspiring and so easy to talk to..a good friend and an even better mom (who is getting saucy behind her lens...I like that :) ).
March 11th, 2007
"I look forward every day to new brilliant shots of Officially a Mom. She puts the fun in photography but her pictures also often have a depth that touches you. Thank you for making me laugh and care so often!"
March 14th, 2007
"Amanda's photos are absolutly fabulous. Her screen name is "almost" correct. She is (in my mind) "Officially a FUN Mom". I look forward to her photos daily. They lift my spirits! Thanx, Amanda!"
March 6th, 2007
"Amanda always brings a refreshing humor and reality to the world of motherhood. I always look forward to how she is going to amuse and inform us today."
February 10th, 2007
- February 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken