Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
- ^ Wildlife of Australia ^ 38,219 photos, 1,829 members
- Tasmania 14,439 photos, 1,550 members
- Australian Birds 121,179 photos, 3,521 members
- Birds Photos 2,753,328 photos, 83,897 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,362,794 photos, 35,526 members
- Best of The Birds 389,330 photos, 13,215 members
- Wild Bird Photography 282,951 photos, 3,198 members
- Birds 1,048,571 photos, 20,960 members
- Still Life Images 40,829 photos, 2,474 members
- Landscape of Asia 3,689 photos, 207 members
- *The Best of Landscape around the world* 2,371 photos, 2,402 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 90,700 photos, 13,146 members
- Black and White Photography 361,917 photos, 8,481 members
- B&W 5,231,670 photos, 228,324 members
- B+W 951,185 photos, 27,199 members
- Blanco y Negro - Black and White 629,601 photos, 20,250 members
- black & white photography 122,372 photos, 2,688 members
- BLACK|WHITE 93,708 photos, 2,443 members
- Black and White 6,834,804 photos, 357,669 members
- Monochromatic world 344,067 photos, 7,009 members
- ethereality 117,966 photos, 8,110 members
- Dance - Random Acts of Dance 5,896 photos, 1,463 members
- Ballet & Dance 37,859 photos, 3,600 members
- ballet, balett, ballo, bale 19,410 photos, 2,914 members
- Ballet In Images 21,855 photos, 2,678 members
- APF Magazine Street Photography Group 648 photos, 3,958 members
- COLOR Street (curatimus maximus) 6,955 photos, 3,763 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,843 photos, 19,650 members
- Street Photography 3,254 photos, 44,931 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 366,844 photos, 9,923 members
- LIFE IN INDIA 131,004 photos, 4,806 members
- Candid Photography India 15,226 photos, 1,542 members
- !!!INDIA!!! 75,395 photos, 1,378 members
- Incredible India ! 65,354 photos, 1,582 members
- Landscape photography 2,044,633 photos, 86,288 members
- Landscapes of the World 1,159,411 photos, 31,886 members
- Landscapes Only 612,282 photos, 31,353 members
- National Geographic Society 969,767 photos, 18,221 members
- Asian 53,356 photos, 4,011 members
- Globetrekkers 184,535 photos, 3,319 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,733,541 photos, 34,088 members
- MOUNTAIN 148,893 photos, 12,116 members
- ~Indian Street Photography~ 52,200 photos, 2,569 members
- Women of India (no children) 21,204 photos, 2,851 members
- !The 'Birds of India' lovers 29,474 photos, 1,519 members
- in explore 910,288 photos, 76,303 members
- Photojournalism & Photojournalists 333,310 photos, 11,121 members
- Utata 461,631 photos, 28,187 members
- FlickrCentral 9,327,723 photos, 273,671 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 2,919 photos, 1,735 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
February 2nd, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
September 23rd, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
September 3rd, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
January 3rd, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
October 27th, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
September 22nd, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
July 19th, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
August 3rd, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com