Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Depending on what web browser you use, many of my older Flickr posts may look too dark, they were optimized for the old Firefox, before Firefox began adjusting color profiles. But if you are using Internet Explorer, which has yet to make this update, then no worries. Or you can just visit my website.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
Photos of Rick Elkins (1)
- FlickrCentral 8,654,146 photos, 233,053 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 907 photos, 1,880 members
- Rollei 35 27,147 photos, 3,360 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,880 photos, 66,373 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,959 photos, 10,301 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 106,292 photos, 10,165 members
- ***EXTRAORDINARILY IMPRESSIVE ◙ No flowers No children! A2 13,140 photos, 1,521 members
- PRISTINE TASMANIA 8,150 photos, 436 members
- Vintage Advertising 111,341 photos, 7,558 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates 110,928 photos, 3,355 members
- Gothamist 202,716 photos, 3,807 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 890,124 photos, 28,602 members
- ABSOLUTE ROUGE! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,035 photos, 531 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 61,172 photos, 3,705 members
- (essential) HIGH QUALITY selected images 9,617 photos, 630 members
- "AWWWED" ~ CUTE & ADORABLE PHOTOS (NO Adult Models)! 45,595 photos, 2,692 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 521,247 photos, 28,496 members
- Fictitious Reality 33 th Exhibition- maree. 18 photos, 522 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,240 photos, 1,835 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 53,549 photos, 5,019 members
- ballerinas 10,118 photos, 1,559 members
- Strobist.com 600,485 photos, 120,995 members
- ! !"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD (Level 1) 695,548 photos, 38,458 members
- Nikon D700 303,455 photos, 15,088 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 56,594 photos, 8,192 members
- Dance (new rules) 67,392 photos, 9,422 members
- Nikon CLS 25,810 photos, 7,904 members
- ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE! (by admin approval) P1 ~ C1 7,682 photos, 1,257 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE ! (by admin approval) p1~ c1 7,603 photos, 1,635 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,777 photos, 1,292 members
- *PHOTOS EXPLORE GROUP* - ( comment photo and pool!!! ) 15,587 photos, 5,453 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 320,808 photos, 20,537 members
- On Strike Over New Home Page 37 photos, 530 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 33,319 photos, 1,988 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 46 photos, 41 members
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 117,867 photos, 4,100 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** HQ Moderated Group 33,540 photos, 2,611 members
- Heavenly-Italy 3,292 photos, 657 members
- Candid & Street Photography 787,834 photos, 28,254 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,072 photos, 1,033 members
- The Road To Heaven 263 photos, 194 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,374 photos, 1,753 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,007 members
- Fog and Rain 251,914 photos, 51,662 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,087 photos, 1,039 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,440 photos, 643 members
- Lonely Planet 737,208 photos, 19,926 members
- India Images 376,616 photos, 17,699 members
- Travel Photography 2,910,793 photos, 106,148 members
- Incredible India 20,900 photos, 5,227 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
February 2nd, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
September 23rd, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
September 3rd, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
January 3rd, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
October 27th, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
September 22nd, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
July 19th, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
August 3rd, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com