Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Depending on what web browser you use, many of my older Flickr posts may look too dark, they were optimized for the old Firefox, before Firefox began adjusting color profiles. But if you are using Internet Explorer, which has yet to make this update, then no worries. Or you can just visit my website.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
Photos of Rick Elkins (1)
- FlickrCentral 9,459,693 photos, 246,193 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,000 photos, 1,854 members
- Rollei 35 28,351 photos, 3,510 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,937 photos, 70,850 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,991 photos, 10,307 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 111,759 photos, 10,479 members
- ***EXTRAORDINARILY IMPRESSIVE ◙ Read rules! P1 = Award 2 14,334 photos, 1,595 members
- PRISTINE TASMANIA 8,545 photos, 453 members
- Vintage Advertising 121,111 photos, 7,708 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates 123,923 photos, 3,721 members
- Gothamist 210,543 photos, 3,909 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 926,843 photos, 29,272 members
- ABSOLUTE ROUGE! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,082 photos, 549 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 71,363 photos, 3,947 members
- (essential) HIGH QUALITY selected images 9,766 photos, 642 members
- "AWWWED" ~ CUTE & ADORABLE PHOTOS (NO Adult Models)! 46,146 photos, 2,703 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 526,590 photos, 28,612 members
- Fictitious Reality 33 th Exhibition- maree. 18 photos, 520 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,269 photos, 1,964 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 53,365 photos, 4,995 members
- ballerinas 10,458 photos, 1,623 members
- Strobist.com 603,723 photos, 122,178 members
- ! !"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD (Level 1) 690,168 photos, 38,658 members
- Nikon D700 314,042 photos, 15,308 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 58,788 photos, 8,377 members
- Dance (new rules) 69,413 photos, 9,529 members
- Nikon CLS 25,787 photos, 7,882 members
- ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE! (by admin approval) P1 ~ C1 7,936 photos, 1,324 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE! (by admin approval) p1~ c1 7,908 photos, 1,693 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,741 photos, 1,306 members
- *PHOTOS EXPLORE GROUP* - ( comment photo and pool!!! ) 15,516 photos, 5,461 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 343,094 photos, 21,512 members
- On Strike Over New Home Page 36 photos, 528 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 35,093 photos, 2,040 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 46 photos, 41 members
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 129,943 photos, 4,298 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** HQ Moderated Group 34,542 photos, 2,675 members
- Heavenly-Italy 3,359 photos, 657 members
- Street Photography Group 764,823 photos, 28,946 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,047 photos, 1,035 members
- The Road To Heaven 261 photos, 193 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,326 photos, 1,743 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 1,998 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 251,297 photos, 55,306 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,064 photos, 1,032 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,432 photos, 640 members
- Lonely Planet 821,887 photos, 21,454 members
- India Images 396,255 photos, 18,484 members
- Travel Photography 3,342,511 photos, 119,008 members
- Incredible India 23,465 photos, 5,424 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
February 2nd, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
September 23rd, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
September 3rd, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
January 3rd, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
October 27th, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
September 22nd, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
July 19th, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
August 3rd, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com