Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
Photos of Rick Elkins (1)
- !The 'Birds of India' lovers 25,070 photos, 1,384 members
- in explore 634,842 photos, 57,263 members
- Photojournalism & Photojournalists 286,814 photos, 10,721 members
- Utata 454,409 photos, 27,281 members
- FlickrCentral 9,434,039 photos, 255,328 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,173 photos, 1,817 members
- Rollei 35 30,027 photos, 3,752 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,988 photos, 75,188 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 63,756 photos, 10,318 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 119,731 photos, 10,802 members
- ***EXTRAORDINARILY IMPRESSIVE ◙ Read rules! P1 = Award 2 14,886 photos, 1,652 members
- PRISTINE TASMANIA 8,859 photos, 467 members
- Vintage Advertising 131,970 photos, 7,909 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates - Urban Creatives 151,579 photos, 3,959 members
- Gothamist 219,406 photos, 3,967 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 975,199 photos, 29,935 members
- ABSOLUTE ROUGE! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,191 photos, 583 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 85,571 photos, 4,112 members
- (essential) HIGH QUALITY selected images 10,188 photos, 642 members
- "AWWWED"~ CUTE & ADORABLE PHOTOS (NO ADULT MODELS)! 44,329 photos, 2,662 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 535,464 photos, 28,728 members
- Fictitious Reality 33 th Exhibition- maree. 18 photos, 516 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,289 photos, 2,066 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 52,736 photos, 4,953 members
- ballerinas 11,112 photos, 1,689 members
- Strobist.com 608,155 photos, 123,278 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:A3) 698,000 photos, 39,253 members
- Nikon D700 325,518 photos, 15,634 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 61,388 photos, 8,585 members
- Dance (new rules) 72,202 photos, 9,605 members
- Nikon CLS 25,835 photos, 7,840 members
- ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE! (by admin approval) P1 ~ C1 8,537 photos, 1,399 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE! (by admin approval) P1~ C1 7,351 photos, 1,795 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,733 photos, 1,337 members
- *PHOTOS EXPLORE GROUP* - ( comment photo and pool!!! ) 15,462 photos, 5,487 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 371,884 photos, 22,454 members
- On Strike Over New Home Page 36 photos, 526 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 37,242 photos, 2,081 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 45 photos, 41 members
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 145,306 photos, 4,468 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** [Moderated Group] 35,588 photos, 2,740 members
- Heavenly-Italy 3,295 photos, 658 members
- Street Photography 758,114 photos, 29,600 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 4,979 photos, 1,043 members
- The Road To Heaven 260 photos, 192 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,291 photos, 1,741 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 1,990 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 257,091 photos, 57,993 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,014 photos, 1,027 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,413 photos, 635 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
February 2nd, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
September 23rd, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
September 3rd, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
January 3rd, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
October 27th, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
September 22nd, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
July 19th, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
August 3rd, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com