Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Depending on what web browser you use, many of my older Flickr posts may look too dark, they were optimized for the old Firefox, before Firefox began adjusting color profiles. But if you are using Internet Explorer, which has yet to make this update, then no worries. Or you can just visit my website.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
Photos of Rick Elkins (1)
- FlickrCentral 8,288,719 photos, 226,636 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 885 photos, 1,902 members
- Rollei 35 26,652 photos, 3,249 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,866 photos, 64,165 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 63,053 photos, 10,292 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 103,644 photos, 10,023 members
- ***EXTRAORDINARILY IMPRESSIVE ◙ No flowers No children! A2 12,282 photos, 1,460 members
- PRISTINE TASMANIA 7,967 photos, 432 members
- Vintage Advertising 107,690 photos, 7,477 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates 107,022 photos, 3,304 members
- Gothamist 200,171 photos, 3,777 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 871,408 photos, 28,265 members
- 'ABSOLUTE ROUGE!' (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,006 photos, 520 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 56,996 photos, 3,478 members
- (essential) HIGH QUALITY selected images 9,579 photos, 625 members
- "AWWWED" ~ CUTE & ADORABLE PHOTOS (NO Adult Models)! 45,310 photos, 2,686 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 518,374 photos, 28,441 members
- Fictitious Reality 33 th Exhibition- maree. 18 photos, 522 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,225 photos, 1,760 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 53,818 photos, 5,036 members
- ballerinas 9,861 photos, 1,531 members
- Strobist.com 597,678 photos, 120,335 members
- ! !"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD - P1/Award3 (New codes) 700,886 photos, 38,634 members
- Nikon D700 298,315 photos, 14,957 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 55,345 photos, 8,110 members
- Dance (new rules) 66,010 photos, 9,368 members
- Nikon CLS 25,826 photos, 7,925 members
- 'ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE!' (by admin approval) p1~ c1 7,564 photos, 1,279 members
- 'ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE' (by admin approval) p1~ c1 7,434 photos, 1,633 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,721 photos, 1,286 members
- *PHOTOS EXPLORE GROUP* - ( comment photo and pool!!! ) 15,613 photos, 5,447 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 310,365 photos, 20,130 members
- On Strike Over New Home Page 37 photos, 532 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 32,198 photos, 1,972 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 46 photos, 42 members
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 112,735 photos, 4,025 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** HQ Moderated Group 33,061 photos, 2,553 members
- Heavenly-Italy 3,259 photos, 661 members
- Candid & Street Photography 1,163,410 photos, 27,938 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,118 photos, 1,034 members
- The Road To Heaven 264 photos, 196 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,427 photos, 1,762 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,009 members
- Fog and Rain 247,720 photos, 49,913 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,100 photos, 1,040 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,443 photos, 645 members
- Lonely Planet 699,126 photos, 19,293 members
- India Images 364,247 photos, 17,253 members
- Travel Photography 2,731,832 photos, 99,686 members
- Incredible India 19,622 photos, 5,134 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
February 2nd, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
September 23rd, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
September 3rd, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
January 3rd, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
October 27th, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
September 22nd, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
July 19th, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
August 3rd, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com