Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
Photos of Rick Elkins (1)
- ~Indian Street Photography~ 45,528 photos, 2,365 members
- Women of India (no children) 19,674 photos, 2,795 members
- !The 'Birds of India' lovers 25,662 photos, 1,410 members
- in explore 686,349 photos, 61,067 members
- Photojournalism & Photojournalists 295,793 photos, 10,807 members
- Utata 457,718 photos, 27,434 members
- FlickrCentral 9,431,673 photos, 259,560 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,352 photos, 1,797 members
- Rollei 35 30,527 photos, 3,836 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,058 photos, 76,137 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 63,976 photos, 10,327 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 121,423 photos, 10,896 members
- ***EXTRAORDINARILY IMPRESSIVE ◙ Read rules! P1 = Award 2 14,900 photos, 1,659 members
- PRISTINE TASMANIA 8,938 photos, 475 members
- Vintage Advertising 134,101 photos, 7,951 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates - Urban Creatives 158,964 photos, 3,988 members
- Gothamist 221,720 photos, 3,979 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 988,596 photos, 30,045 members
- ABSOLUTE ROUGE! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,211 photos, 595 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 89,581 photos, 4,158 members
- (essential) HIGH QUALITY selected images 10,113 photos, 644 members
- "AWWWED"~ CUTE & ADORABLE PHOTOS (NO ADULT MODELS)! 43,918 photos, 2,632 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 537,965 photos, 28,734 members
- Fictitious Reality 33 th Exhibition- maree. 18 photos, 515 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,269 photos, 2,079 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 52,405 photos, 4,943 members
- ballerinas 11,215 photos, 1,702 members
- Strobist.com 609,093 photos, 123,419 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:A3) 698,715 photos, 39,359 members
- Nikon D700 328,589 photos, 15,753 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 62,163 photos, 8,645 members
- Dance (new rules) 73,073 photos, 9,609 members
- Nikon CLS 25,802 photos, 7,826 members
- ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE! (by admin approval) P1 ~ C1 8,722 photos, 1,406 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE! (by admin approval) P1~ C1 7,455 photos, 1,790 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,732 photos, 1,347 members
- *PHOTOS EXPLORE GROUP* - ( comment photo and pool!!! ) 15,346 photos, 5,492 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 380,294 photos, 22,728 members
- On Strike Over New Home Page 36 photos, 525 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 38,155 photos, 2,082 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 44 photos, 41 members
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 150,484 photos, 4,511 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** [Moderated Group] 35,620 photos, 2,750 members
- Heavenly-Italy 3,305 photos, 659 members
- Street Photography 754,787 photos, 29,810 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 4,965 photos, 1,043 members
- The Road To Heaven 260 photos, 191 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,270 photos, 1,740 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 1,985 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 257,972 photos, 58,466 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
February 2nd, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
September 23rd, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
September 3rd, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
January 3rd, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
October 27th, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
September 22nd, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
July 19th, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
August 3rd, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com