Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Depending on what web browser you use, many of my older Flickr posts may look too dark, they were optimized for the old Firefox, before Firefox began adjusting color profiles. But if you are using Internet Explorer, which has yet to make this update, then no worries. Or you can just visit my website.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
Photos of Rick Elkins (1)
- FlickrCentral 8,504,972 photos, 230,253 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 891 photos, 1,881 members
- Rollei 35 26,893 photos, 3,313 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,871 photos, 65,307 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,936 photos, 10,296 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 104,819 photos, 10,103 members
- ***EXTRAORDINARILY IMPRESSIVE ◙ No flowers No children! A2 12,725 photos, 1,487 members
- PRISTINE TASMANIA 8,067 photos, 432 members
- Vintage Advertising 109,471 photos, 7,514 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates 109,096 photos, 3,341 members
- Gothamist 202,547 photos, 3,795 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 882,268 photos, 28,469 members
- ABSOLUTE ROUGE! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,023 photos, 527 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 59,412 photos, 3,603 members
- (essential) HIGH QUALITY selected images 9,615 photos, 630 members
- "AWWWED" ~ CUTE & ADORABLE PHOTOS (NO Adult Models)! 45,466 photos, 2,692 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 520,297 photos, 28,486 members
- Fictitious Reality 33 th Exhibition- maree. 18 photos, 522 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,238 photos, 1,787 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 53,684 photos, 5,026 members
- ballerinas 10,006 photos, 1,541 members
- Strobist.com 599,701 photos, 120,722 members
- ! !"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD (Level 1) 698,207 photos, 38,527 members
- Nikon D700 301,514 photos, 15,041 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 55,947 photos, 8,144 members
- Dance (new rules) 66,672 photos, 9,399 members
- Nikon CLS 25,837 photos, 7,912 members
- ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 7,588 photos, 1,267 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE ! (by admin approval) p1~ c1 7,501 photos, 1,630 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,708 photos, 1,293 members
- *PHOTOS EXPLORE GROUP* - ( comment photo and pool!!! ) 15,603 photos, 5,454 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 316,803 photos, 20,381 members
- On Strike Over New Home Page 37 photos, 530 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 32,833 photos, 1,980 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 46 photos, 41 members
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 115,706 photos, 4,068 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** HQ Moderated Group 33,377 photos, 2,586 members
- Heavenly-Italy 3,283 photos, 659 members
- Candid & Street Photography 1,151,609 photos, 28,527 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,098 photos, 1,032 members
- The Road To Heaven 264 photos, 196 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,421 photos, 1,758 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,008 members
- Fog and Rain 249,808 photos, 50,790 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,087 photos, 1,041 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,442 photos, 645 members
- Lonely Planet 721,037 photos, 19,664 members
- India Images 371,977 photos, 17,534 members
- Travel Photography 2,831,884 photos, 103,302 members
- Incredible India 20,402 photos, 5,195 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
February 2nd, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
September 23rd, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
September 3rd, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
January 3rd, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
October 27th, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
September 22nd, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
July 19th, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
August 3rd, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com