I really like taking pictures as a way to relax and have some fun. I'm not pursuing photography for more money... although I would enjoy having much more time to dedicate to it, which I will do when I "semi-retire" someday. It adds a valuable dimension to my life. I can say that now I am quite passionate about it, and want to improve my craft.
As for formal education, well, I took 9 years in all --- I studied Architecture and Architectural design for 4 years of that, and have a couple of undergraduate degrees and a Masters Degree in City Planning to show for all that time.
I spent 25 years working in the Land Development Industry before deciding to be an Investment Advisor. I own and manage "Garden City Financial" in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada.
PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYRIGHT ON EVERY ONE OF MY PHOTOS POSTED ON FLICKR. MY PHOTOS ARE "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED". NO USE IS PERMITTED WHATSOEVER WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT.
TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I HAVE THE RESOURCES TO "PURSUE AND SUE" YOU IF YOU VIOLATE MY COPYRIGHTS.
- flickr (unofficial) 2,845,575 photos, 91,169 members
- Spring in the Air 2012 264 photos, 56 members
- Invite the Best - Please VOTE 13,560 photos, 550 members
- Group wi†h Ҽxperience 2,483,741 photos, 289,740 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 608,034 photos, 14,249 members
- Tim Hortons 935 photos, 341 members
- Inanimate Fluid Form 3 photos, 2 members
- Silouettes 4,344 photos, 642 members
- Simply Super Shot 4,310 photos, 332 members
- Goof Shots 703 photos, 332 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 23,644 photos, 3,116 members
- All about Reflections 33,617 photos, 2,766 members
- Oreengenesses 19,085 photos, 1,254 members
- Furry CAT Friends!!! 71,265 photos, 6,116 members
- Beauty of Life 148,580 photos, 3,396 members
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 1,643 photos, 1,001 members
- Project worldwide (pictures of places around the world) 208,988 photos, 12,078 members
- Design and the City: The Design Hotels™ Photo Contest 3,216 photos, 420 members
- city and backyard wildlife 4,537 photos, 226 members
- Amazing Ontario -Our Great Province- 43,982 photos, 1,142 members
- Golden Hour!! 50,463 photos, 6,631 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 199,632 photos, 21,718 members
- *Desafío Fotográfico* / NO RULES!! 5,924 photos, 542 members
- clown 7,247 photos, 1,636 members
- Clowns 5,050 photos, 1,391 members
- White on Black 2,933 photos, 465 members
- Flickr goal (sube 1 marca 5 goles) 58,393 photos, 2,758 members
- ♥Addicted to Color♥ 42,975 photos, 1,959 members
- Micro Macro e i suoi dettagli 6,507 photos, 1,520 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 40,752 photos, 11,270 members
- squareFormat 931,352 photos, 35,882 members
- Lets Talk about Love and Peace..(Please Only Nature, NO People!) 36,845 photos, 2,635 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 158,397 photos, 5,021 members
- SmallWorlds Gallery - Comments Welcome! 812 photos, 309 members
- The wonder of Flowers 28,102 photos, 1,404 members
- 10+ Favorites 23,808 photos, 1,125 members
- "FLICKR POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHER" POST1/AWARD3 QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 201,378 photos, 6,199 members
- Pink N Powerful~ Pink flowers ONLY! Contest 45 Now Voting! 45,858 photos, 4,706 members
- Amazing Colors [Moderated] (Award/Comment 1) 9,559 photos, 2,687 members
- Nature Through The Lens / Invited Photos Only. 12,127 photos, 2,274 members
- Symbols 1,855 photos, 256 members
- Icons and Symbols 3,352 photos, 275 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,947 photos, 6,567 members
- Cats the Beloved Pets 77,902 photos, 4,427 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 40,530 photos, 3,094 members
- Angels and Our Own 476 photos, 39 members
- ``SetSeeker 29,251 photos, 2,521 members
- The dying art of in-camera soft focus 1,228 photos, 167 members
- Show your CAT to the World 8,808 photos, 555 members
- ***SCREAM OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER*** 1,897,380 photos, 43,460 members
Sparkling One says:
"Fred Winnik is my best friend and confidante, and I trust him implicitly. He is a very caring and generous person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He is one of the most sensitive men I know; and his compassion knows no bounds. And talk about a "warped" sense of humour!!! It is a genuine privilege to be counted among his friends.
As far as his photography is concerned, Fred is fast becoming a master in the field of digital photography which he just started pursuing about a year ago. I always look forward to visiting his site because there is always something interesting to view. Not only that, we learn much about his "quirkiness" by reading the descriptions under his photos. They are usually very entertaining as well as informative.
Fred is a perfectionist and strives to be the best no matter what he attempts. (This is one of the things I most admire about him.) At the moment, he is dedicated to being the best portrait photographer in the city of St. Catharines (or I daresay anywhere else for that matter). And the best part is that he is succeeding beyond my (and his?) expectations."
December 30th, 2007
- Frederick Winnik
- June 2007
- St. Catharines, Canada
- I am:
- Investment Funds Advisor / Business Owner
- fwinnik [at] cogeco.ca