I really like taking pictures as a way to relax and have some fun. I'm not pursuing photography for more money... although I would enjoy having much more time to dedicate to it, which I will do when I "semi-retire" someday. It adds a valuable dimension to my life. I can say that now I am quite passionate about it, and want to improve my craft.
As for formal education, well, I took 9 years in all --- I studied Architecture and Architectural design for 4 years of that, and have a couple of undergraduate degrees and a Masters Degree in City Planning to show for all that time.
I spent 25 years working in the Land Development Industry before deciding to be an Investment Advisor. I own and manage "Garden City Financial" in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada.
PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYRIGHT ON EVERY ONE OF MY PHOTOS POSTED ON FLICKR. MY PHOTOS ARE "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED". NO USE IS PERMITTED WHATSOEVER WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT.
TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I HAVE THE RESOURCES TO "PURSUE AND SUE" YOU IF YOU VIOLATE MY COPYRIGHTS.
- flickr (unofficial) 3,004,694 photos, 92,832 members
- Spring in the Air 2012 265 photos, 55 members
- Invite the Best - Please VOTE 13,589 photos, 550 members
- Group wi†h Ҽxperience 2,569,420 photos, 301,584 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 629,315 photos, 14,726 members
- Tim Hortons 931 photos, 341 members
- Inanimate Fluid Form 3 photos, 2 members
- Silouettes 4,512 photos, 653 members
- Simply Super Shot 4,465 photos, 333 members
- Goof Shots 703 photos, 331 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 23,951 photos, 3,126 members
- All about Reflections 34,354 photos, 2,817 members
- Oreengenesses 19,131 photos, 1,254 members
- Furry CAT Friends!!! 71,739 photos, 6,117 members
- Beauty of Life 153,389 photos, 3,432 members
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 1,649 photos, 1,001 members
- Project worldwide (pictures of places around the world) 213,793 photos, 12,122 members
- Design and the City: The Design Hotels™ Photo Contest 3,231 photos, 424 members
- city and backyard wildlife 4,571 photos, 225 members
- Amazing Ontario -Our Great Province- 43,885 photos, 1,141 members
- Golden Hour!! 50,873 photos, 6,662 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 200,264 photos, 21,697 members
- *Desafío Fotográfico* / NO RULES!! 5,913 photos, 539 members
- clown 7,255 photos, 1,644 members
- Clowns 5,046 photos, 1,393 members
- White on Black 3,013 photos, 464 members
- Flickr goal (sube 1 marca 5 goles) 58,916 photos, 2,760 members
- ♥Addicted to Color♥ 44,357 photos, 1,998 members
- Micro Macro e i suoi dettagli 6,474 photos, 1,521 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 40,706 photos, 11,267 members
- squareFormat 936,758 photos, 36,347 members
- Lets Talk about Love and Peace..(Please Only Nature, NO People!) 37,070 photos, 2,648 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 162,419 photos, 5,094 members
- SmallWorlds Gallery - Comments Welcome! 812 photos, 308 members
- The wonder of Flowers 27,611 photos, 1,413 members
- 10+ Favorites 25,147 photos, 1,169 members
- "FLICKR POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHER" POST1/AWARD3 QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 206,092 photos, 6,311 members
- Pink N Powerful~ Pink flowers ONLY! Contest 45 Now Voting! 46,220 photos, 4,709 members
- Amazing Colors [Moderated] (Award/Comment 1) 9,687 photos, 2,690 members
- Nature Through The Lens / Invited Photos Only. 12,315 photos, 2,274 members
- Symbols 1,865 photos, 257 members
- Icons and Symbols 3,371 photos, 275 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 54,972 photos, 6,658 members
- Cats the Beloved Pets 79,122 photos, 4,503 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 42,044 photos, 3,108 members
- Angels and Our Own 476 photos, 39 members
- ``SetSeeker 29,330 photos, 2,519 members
- The dying art of in-camera soft focus 1,312 photos, 170 members
- Show your CAT to the World 8,840 photos, 557 members
- ***SCREAM OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER*** 1,935,554 photos, 43,942 members
Sparkling One says:
"Fred Winnik is my best friend and confidante, and I trust him implicitly. He is a very caring and generous person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He is one of the most sensitive men I know; and his compassion knows no bounds. And talk about a "warped" sense of humour!!! It is a genuine privilege to be counted among his friends.
As far as his photography is concerned, Fred is fast becoming a master in the field of digital photography which he just started pursuing about a year ago. I always look forward to visiting his site because there is always something interesting to view. Not only that, we learn much about his "quirkiness" by reading the descriptions under his photos. They are usually very entertaining as well as informative.
Fred is a perfectionist and strives to be the best no matter what he attempts. (This is one of the things I most admire about him.) At the moment, he is dedicated to being the best portrait photographer in the city of St. Catharines (or I daresay anywhere else for that matter). And the best part is that he is succeeding beyond my (and his?) expectations."
December 30th, 2007
- Frederick Winnik
- June 2007
- St. Catharines, Canada
- I am:
- Investment Funds Advisor / Business Owner
- fwinnik [at] cogeco.ca