I really like taking pictures as a way to relax and have some fun. I'm not pursuing photography for more money... although I would enjoy having much more time to dedicate to it, which I will do when I "semi-retire" someday. It adds a valuable dimension to my life. I can say that now I am quite passionate about it, and want to improve my craft.
As for formal education, well, I took 9 years in all --- I studied Architecture and Architectural design for 4 years of that, and have a couple of undergraduate degrees and a Masters Degree in City Planning to show for all that time.
I spent 25 years working in the Land Development Industry before deciding to be an Investment Advisor. I own and manage "Garden City Financial" in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada.
PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYRIGHT ON EVERY ONE OF MY PHOTOS POSTED ON FLICKR. MY PHOTOS ARE "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED". NO USE IS PERMITTED WHATSOEVER WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT.
TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I HAVE THE RESOURCES TO "PURSUE AND SUE" YOU IF YOU VIOLATE MY COPYRIGHTS.
- flickr (unofficial) 3,361,945 photos, 96,035 members
- Spring in the Air 2012 262 photos, 55 members
- Invite the Best - Please VOTE 13,557 photos, 547 members
- Group wi†h Ҽxperience 2,781,322 photos, 332,106 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 684,458 photos, 16,037 members
- Tim Hortons 957 photos, 341 members
- Inanimate Fluid Form 3 photos, 2 members
- Silouettes 4,736 photos, 667 members
- Simply Super Shot 4,735 photos, 335 members
- Goof Shots 698 photos, 330 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 25,207 photos, 3,144 members
- All about Reflections 36,241 photos, 2,958 members
- Oreengenesses 19,247 photos, 1,252 members
- Furry CAT Friends!!! 72,336 photos, 6,105 members
- Beauty of Life 164,680 photos, 3,510 members
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 1,643 photos, 1,001 members
- Project worldwide (pictures of places around the world) 225,361 photos, 12,211 members
- Design and the City: The Design Hotels™ Photo Contest 3,308 photos, 433 members
- city and backyard wildlife 4,634 photos, 230 members
- Amazing Ontario -Our Great Province- 44,824 photos, 1,156 members
- Golden Hour!! 52,541 photos, 6,767 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 201,256 photos, 21,731 members
- *Desafío Fotográfico* / NO RULES!! 5,903 photos, 540 members
- clown 7,318 photos, 1,660 members
- Clowns 5,014 photos, 1,396 members
- White on Black 3,212 photos, 465 members
- Flickr goal (sube 1 marca 5 goles) 59,469 photos, 2,756 members
- ♥Addicted to Color♥ 47,220 photos, 2,062 members
- Micro Macro e i suoi dettagli 6,402 photos, 1,517 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 40,902 photos, 11,283 members
- squareFormat 946,040 photos, 37,549 members
- Lets Talk about Love and Peace..(Please Only Nature, NO People!) 38,353 photos, 2,656 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 175,627 photos, 5,274 members
- SmallWorlds Gallery - Comments Welcome! 810 photos, 311 members
- The wonder of Flowers 28,757 photos, 1,432 members
- 10+ Favorites 29,224 photos, 1,286 members
- "FLICKR POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHER" POST1/AWARD3 QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 216,305 photos, 6,548 members
- Pink N Powerful~ Pink flowers ONLY! Contest 45 Now Voting! 47,243 photos, 4,736 members
- Amazing Colors [Moderated] (Award/Comment 1) 10,051 photos, 2,695 members
- Nature Through The Lens / Invited Photos Only. 12,841 photos, 2,272 members
- Symbols 1,886 photos, 258 members
- Icons and Symbols 3,399 photos, 277 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,465 photos, 6,789 members
- Cats the Beloved Pets 81,507 photos, 4,632 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 45,301 photos, 3,165 members
- Angels and Our Own 477 photos, 39 members
- ``SetSeeker 29,826 photos, 2,514 members
- The dying art of in-camera soft focus 1,376 photos, 179 members
- Show your CAT to the World 8,876 photos, 563 members
- ***SCREAM OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER*** 2,019,307 photos, 44,912 members
Sparkling One says:
"Fred Winnik is my best friend and confidante, and I trust him implicitly. He is a very caring and generous person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He is one of the most sensitive men I know; and his compassion knows no bounds. And talk about a "warped" sense of humour!!! It is a genuine privilege to be counted among his friends.
As far as his photography is concerned, Fred is fast becoming a master in the field of digital photography which he just started pursuing about a year ago. I always look forward to visiting his site because there is always something interesting to view. Not only that, we learn much about his "quirkiness" by reading the descriptions under his photos. They are usually very entertaining as well as informative.
Fred is a perfectionist and strives to be the best no matter what he attempts. (This is one of the things I most admire about him.) At the moment, he is dedicated to being the best portrait photographer in the city of St. Catharines (or I daresay anywhere else for that matter). And the best part is that he is succeeding beyond my (and his?) expectations."
December 30th, 2007
- Frederick Winnik
- June 2007
- St. Catharines, Canada
- I am:
- Senior Investment Funds Advisor / Business Owner
- fwinnik [at] cogeco.ca