I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- flickr (unofficial) 3,006,627 photos, 92,855 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 30,609 photos, 2,049 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 2,985 photos, 196 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 47,184 photos, 7,525 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 127 photos, 37 members
- Project Weather 478,845 photos, 77,604 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 70,592 photos, 3,056 members
- Hipstamatic 314,096 photos, 16,760 members
- iPhoneography 392,786 photos, 12,566 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 369,192 photos, 16,718 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 289 photos, 16 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 39,163 photos, 799 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 543,080 photos, 19,875 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,329,569 photos, 54,320 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 568,522 photos, 38,422 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 341 photos, 28 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,340 photos, 6,492 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 37,689 photos, 1,683 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,491 photos, 4,401 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 345,002 photos, 18,053 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 6,556 photos, 887 members
- EXPLORE Worthy - 2 Challenges Open NOW 10,468 photos, 641 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,729 photos, 527 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 14,257 photos, 1,570 members
- Forced Perspective 2,970 photos, 916 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 480,793 photos, 14,155 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 37,463 photos, 8,024 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,542 photos, 3,746 members
- Show and Shine 512 photos, 43 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 9,696 photos, 72 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 31,552 photos, 5,708 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 10,820 photos, 218 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 18,803 photos, 833 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 364,008 photos, 27,241 members
- ! !^Life´s a Journey Level 1 8,590 photos, 1,694 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 67,652 photos, 2,317 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 20 photos, 9 members
- avp&a #3 - Sorry, we are CLOSED 6,996 photos, 907 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 10,742 photos, 637 members
- avp&a #2 - Sorry, we have CLOSED 19,458 photos, 1,601 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 26,513 photos, 1,784 members
- avp&a #1 - SORRY, We Have to CLOSE 71,147 photos, 3,453 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 214,957 photos, 8,440 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 3,982 photos, 468 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 60,847 photos, 3,620 members
- *WORLD Peace HallofFame<LEVEL 3>POST 1 - AWARD 4 18,138 photos, 4,057 members
- !!Photographers REALLY Gone Wild (New Rules) 20,043 photos, 4,562 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,284 photos, 791 members
- ₪ HDR ● ƮℰӼԎƱⱤℇ₰ ● PᴴᴼᵀᴼSᴴᴼᴾ ₪ 112,316 photos, 6,641 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
July 19th, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer