I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- flickr (unofficial) 1,890,064 photos, 81,705 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 26,636 photos, 1,912 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 1,002 photos, 187 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 40,727 photos, 7,552 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 120 photos, 30 members
- Project Weather 157,342 photos, 38,297 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 53,425 photos, 2,746 members
- Hipstamatic 299,840 photos, 16,672 members
- iPhoneography 358,250 photos, 11,964 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 319,033 photos, 16,013 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 225 photos, 8 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 31,624 photos, 749 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 477,744 photos, 16,889 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,072,140 photos, 47,511 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 511,945 photos, 36,290 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 304 photos, 27 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,269 photos, 6,472 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 34,751 photos, 1,690 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 101,001 photos, 4,479 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 302,263 photos, 17,203 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 5,885 photos, 835 members
- EXPLORE Worthy* ALPHA #23, RPT #4 Open NOW 9,016 photos, 578 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,729 photos, 535 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 13,773 photos, 1,600 members
- Forced Perspective 1,438 photos, 740 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 514,013 photos, 15,304 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 36,920 photos, 7,682 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,622 photos, 3,796 members
- Show and Shine 506 photos, 42 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 7,967 photos, 68 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 30,552 photos, 5,683 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 8,054 photos, 195 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 15,458 photos, 782 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 316,761 photos, 24,846 members
- Life´s a Journey INVITED PHOTOS ONLY 2,763 photos, 1,208 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 61,139 photos, 2,290 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 45 photos, 10 members
- avp&a #3 - Sorry, we are CLOSED 7,681 photos, 1,003 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 10,307 photos, 648 members
- avp&a #2 - Sorry, we have CLOSED 20,709 photos, 1,736 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 24,779 photos, 1,794 members
- avp&a #1 - SORRY, We Have to CLOSE 76,752 photos, 3,683 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 221,959 photos, 8,713 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 3,662 photos, 459 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 49,761 photos, 3,573 members
- WORLD Peace HallofFame<LEVEL 3>INVITED ONLY :POST 1 - AWARD 4 15,205 photos, 3,526 members
- !Photographers REALLY Gone Wild ~ Invited photos P1/A3 MANDAT 19,187 photos, 4,328 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,339 photos, 814 members
- ₪ HDR & PS Post-Processing ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) MOD-Q 107,100 photos, 6,505 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
19th July, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer