I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- flickr (unofficial) 1,914,517 photos, 81,893 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 26,724 photos, 1,913 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 1,015 photos, 187 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 40,912 photos, 7,544 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 120 photos, 31 members
- Project Weather 158,945 photos, 38,593 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 54,041 photos, 2,746 members
- Hipstamatic 300,379 photos, 16,661 members
- iPhoneography 359,261 photos, 11,968 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 320,741 photos, 16,005 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 228 photos, 8 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 31,844 photos, 751 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 479,086 photos, 16,934 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,076,898 photos, 47,620 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 513,273 photos, 36,340 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 304 photos, 27 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,285 photos, 6,471 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 34,627 photos, 1,691 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 101,050 photos, 4,477 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 303,170 photos, 17,225 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 5,897 photos, 836 members
- EXPLORE Worthy* RPT #4 Open Now 9,051 photos, 580 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,729 photos, 535 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 13,788 photos, 1,600 members
- Forced Perspective 1,471 photos, 742 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 512,439 photos, 15,241 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 36,932 photos, 7,691 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,619 photos, 3,796 members
- Show and Shine 506 photos, 42 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 7,995 photos, 68 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 30,557 photos, 5,682 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 8,074 photos, 195 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 15,525 photos, 783 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 318,371 photos, 24,873 members
- Life´s a Journey INVITED PHOTOS ONLY 2,772 photos, 1,205 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 61,292 photos, 2,292 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 45 photos, 10 members
- avp&a #3 - Sorry, we are CLOSED 7,668 photos, 1,000 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 10,346 photos, 647 members
- avp&a #2 - Sorry, we have CLOSED 20,759 photos, 1,732 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 24,835 photos, 1,793 members
- avp&a #1 - SORRY, We Have to CLOSE 76,810 photos, 3,675 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 221,864 photos, 8,706 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 3,668 photos, 459 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 50,019 photos, 3,576 members
- WORLD Peace HallofFame<LEVEL 3>INVITED ONLY :POST 1 - AWARD 4 15,233 photos, 3,529 members
- !Photographers REALLY Gone Wild ~ Invited photos P1/A3 MANDAT 19,167 photos, 4,327 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,337 photos, 813 members
- ₪ HDR & PS Post-Processing ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) MOD-Q 107,232 photos, 6,502 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
19th July, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer