I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- LifePixel IR / Kolari Vision - Infrared Converted Camera Group 2,100 photos, 168 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,002,576 photos, 101,383 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 33,853 photos, 2,167 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 4,971 photos, 207 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 50,173 photos, 7,501 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 133 photos, 42 members
- Project Weather 645,387 photos, 92,160 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 82,675 photos, 3,260 members
- Hipstamatic 322,580 photos, 16,790 members
- iPhoneography 412,375 photos, 12,976 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 386,731 photos, 17,150 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 443 photos, 20 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 42,717 photos, 828 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 597,231 photos, 22,220 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,610,861 photos, 60,155 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 619,788 photos, 40,583 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 358 photos, 28 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a3) 44,195 photos, 6,468 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 38,468 photos, 1,669 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,988 photos, 4,350 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 380,049 photos, 18,738 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 7,143 photos, 934 members
- EXPLORE Worthy - 3 Chall Open NOW | Manipulated Pics Only! 11,626 photos, 689 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,701 photos, 515 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 14,520 photos, 1,550 members
- Forced Perspective 3,532 photos, 981 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 472,636 photos, 13,823 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a3) 37,304 photos, 8,156 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,344 photos, 3,703 members
- Show and Shine 530 photos, 46 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 11,224 photos, 74 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 32,577 photos, 5,739 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 13,207 photos, 241 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 23,142 photos, 867 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 416,187 photos, 29,830 members
- ! !^Life´s a Journey Level 1 24,323 photos, 2,381 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 71,828 photos, 2,356 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 21 photos, 9 members
- avp&a #3 - Sorry, we are CLOSED 6,685 photos, 880 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 10,485 photos, 633 members
- avp&a #2 - Sorry, we have CLOSED 18,864 photos, 1,556 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 28,218 photos, 1,792 members
- avp&a #1 - SORRY, We Have to CLOSE 69,141 photos, 3,396 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 212,298 photos, 8,316 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 4,162 photos, 474 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 69,791 photos, 3,694 members
- *LEVEL- 3 : WORLD Peace* HallofFame P 1 / A 5 25,644 photos, 4,420 members
- !!Photographers REALLY Gone Wild (New Rules) 21,035 photos, 4,801 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,232 photos, 778 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
July 19th, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer