Was a very, very obscure photographer working in his garage shooting stuff with a pellet rifle and photographing the results with a home built flash.
Then in early 2009, someone linked one of my pictures to a social networking site. My boss came by one day and told me my site was getting a huge number of views. Emails from magazines, newspapers and even Good Morning America started clogging my FlickrMail box.
It was very stressful.
After the dust settled down I now have a very nice view rate in the thousand or so per day.
And now I'm a slightly less obscure photographer.
After all, two point four billion Chinese and Indian nationals have never heard of me. That is a lot of obscurity :-)
The present traffic is much more manageable. It's fun to read comments and answer questions about the pictures.
I hope you liked what you saw.
Here are two links to information that I used to build my high speed flash.
The article from Scientific American
If you do decide to try and build a flash from this information, please be careful. The main storage capacitor is pure death.
A link to detailed plans for building a microsecond flash :
If you can't build one from this information, then I'm sorry.
If you have any questions about my work my email is saileralan(at)gmail.com.
Photos of alan_sailer (6)
alan_sailer's favorite photos from other Flickr members (2)
- Scenics, not just landscapes! 165,919 photos, 9,395 members
- Fuji X-E1 /X-E2 by Fujifilm 80,539 photos, 3,852 members
- Cacti, Succulents and Bulb Plants 28,893 photos, 2,638 members
- Rockforms 8,955 photos, 1,408 members
- Ventura County 18,192 photos, 918 members
- Camera Axe Photos 2,201 photos, 419 members
- Death Valley National Park 13,874 photos, 1,206 members
- Death Valley 16,302 photos, 2,317 members
- High Speed Photography 32,507 photos, 7,794 members
- High Speed Photography 1/10000th Second Flash Exposure Or Faster 7,799 photos, 1,399 members
alan_sailer doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Alan Sailer
- June 2007
- Camarillo, United Straights of Ameriki
- I am:
- Male and Taken