Was a very, very obscure photographer working in his garage shooting stuff with a pellet rifle and photographing the results with a home built flash.
Then in early 2009, someone linked one of my pictures to a social networking site. My boss came by one day and told me my site was getting a huge number of views. Emails from magazines, newspapers and even Good Morning America started clogging my FlickrMail box.
It was very stressful.
After the dust settled down I now have a very nice view rate in the thousand or so per day.
And now I'm a slightly less obscure photographer.
After all, two point four billion Chinese and Indian nationals have never heard of me. That is a lot of obscurity :-)
The present traffic is much more manageable. It's fun to read comments and answer questions about the pictures.
I hope you liked what you saw.
Here are two links to information that I used to build my high speed flash.
The article from Scientific American
If you do decide to try and build a flash from this information, please be careful. The main storage capacitor is pure death.
A link to detailed plans for building a microsecond flash :
If you can't build one from this information, then I'm sorry.
If you have any questions about my work my email is saileralan(at)gmail.com.
Photos of alan_sailer (6)
alan_sailer's favorite photos from other Flickr members (3)
- Vela 87 photos, 17 members
- Photoelasticity 386 photos, 119 members
- Fujifilm X-T1 126,953 photos, 6,594 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 57,606 photos, 5,015 members
- Cacti, Succulents and Bulb Plants 33,955 photos, 2,908 members
- Ventura County 19,578 photos, 945 members
- Camera Axe Photos 2,409 photos, 467 members
- Death Valley National Park 16,101 photos, 1,388 members
- Death Valley 19,154 photos, 2,674 members
- High Speed Photography 1/10000th Second Flash Exposure Or Faster 9,336 photos, 1,600 members
alan_sailer doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Alan Sailer
- June 2007
- Camarillo, United Straights of Ameriki
- I am:
- Male and Taken