You can see lots more photos on Instagram that I've taken with my iPhone: memaxmarz
Thank you to everyone who invites me to a group! However, I'm happiest joining groups that don't have rules. Please don't give me AWARDS, thanks, call me old fashioned, but I really like comments in the comments part...
I like to take photos, always have. Being on Flickr has helped me to understand my style, although I don't have an identifiable way of seeing yet. I like to have variety in the photographs I take, however, I am partial to faces and the city.
Some of the photographers I admire are:
Ellen Von Unwerth
"A good photograph will prove to the viewer how little our eyes permit us to see"
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Fuji X Family 331,555 photos, 6,869 members
- Fuji X 271,320 photos, 7,015 members
- Fujifilm X-E3 User Group 7,406 photos, 548 members
- Paris PhotoShooters United 63,193 photos, 3,806 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 314,902 photos, 46,042 members
- Cimetière du Père Lachaise 10,542 photos, 537 members
- N.Y.C. 6,536 photos, 162 members
- Coney Island 52,399 photos, 2,375 members
- silhouette 397,199 photos, 64,528 members
- MOUNTAIN 179,636 photos, 12,956 members
- Street Photography Beginners 490,818 photos, 23,593 members
- Vancouver Photography Addicts 28,201 photos, 427 members
- Organic/Inorganic decay 980 photos, 43 members
- *****Street Photography***** 1,166,580 photos, 28,598 members
- The Visible City - Hastings Chinatown Neighbourhood 13 photos, 5 members
- Canon EF/FD 20mm f2.8 4,764 photos, 604 members
- A Sense of Place 85,054 photos, 1,051 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,187 photos, 81,173 members
- Roaming through the Gloaming 61,345 photos, 17,835 members
- Chinatown 26,248 photos, 11,369 members
- Vaisakhi Surrey BC 652 photos, 3 members
- Hush Magazine Vancouver 7,121 photos, 136 members
- Banalities 84,113 photos, 1,342 members
- I am Canadian! 124,559 photos, 1,794 members
- Portraits with natural light 567,726 photos, 31,387 members
- nighthawks 354,511 photos, 19,992 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,834,279 photos, 77,985 members
- Alone 54,117 photos, 2,547 members
- Contract Killers 2,927 photos, 1,201 members
- FELT LIFE 342,516 photos, 8,209 members
- Your BC: The Tyee's Photo Pool 68,093 photos, 995 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 624,654 photos, 45,933 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,870 photos, 19,810 members
- Museum Exposure 454 photos, 209 members
- People in Canada 6,653 photos, 164 members
- East Vancouver 10,818 photos, 272 members
- Sábado Animal 11,266 photos, 658 members
- Original 1970s 14,149 photos, 1,498 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 155,131 photos, 5,815 members
- Lomo LC-A/+ 127,400 photos, 5,460 members
- LOMO 225,713 photos, 38,470 members
- Frank Gehry's Architecture 7,615 photos, 1,846 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 290,195 photos, 7,866 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,731 photos, 1,478 members
- Maui, Hawaii 34,200 photos, 2,171 members
- Long Exposure 878,435 photos, 69,723 members
- Vancouver Zombie Walk 2010 150 photos, 11 members
- Accidental Wedding - Please Read Rules!!! 3,287 photos, 349 members
- Vancouver Pride Parade 2010! 136 photos, 15 members
- Ballet Slippers 1,932 photos, 584 members
waschbaer - raccoon says:
"Janis is a very nice, helpful, amazing, kindly - short great woman.... - there are so many positive words to describe her - she needs only one thing - a man to share her live - and many intresting photo places to go to in the world - she is so kindly to all people. Janis - go on as you are and have a great live - best wishes - Cheers to Janis and her family. Stefan"
March 6th, 2008
Dave - aka Emptybelly says:
"Janis' images are always filled with life & social comment, and it is a pleasure to view them and try to elicit both the intended and unintentional meanings contained within... I will not forget her counsel about Flickr being a place to have fun and not to be too serious...
Janis, thank you for you Flickr friendship and wise words...."
December 23rd, 2007
Funny Fish says:
"If anyone is creative, open and willing to learn, its Janis from Vancouver! Her Flickr-stream is a path of life happening and experiencing. She loves what she is doing and the result is honest and real. She loves humans and has a wonderful way of capturing this.
Makes you want to spend a holiday in vancouver!"
December 8th, 2007
"... janis is an old school zen master and she seems to take a huge amount of photos or karma, call it what you may its all very positive. peace."
August 6th, 2007
adventurous straw says:
"Like Andre Kertesz was describing his friends photographers:
Memaxmarz born with photographic feeling..."
February 18th, 2007
"The message is simple: Do what you enjoy and enjoy what you're doing! Look at memaxmarz's pictures and you'll meet a photographer who's pictures express this attitude at its best. Thanks for letting us see Vancouver and the rest of your world in a natural and uncomplicated way - through your humorous eyes.
Happy New Year 2007, my friend."
January 1st, 2007
"This woman has the eye! Love her composition, colour and subject choices. And she is such a charismatic person; funny and warm. You instantly want to be her flickr-buddy.
Janis, come back to us, we miss you!"
June 26th, 2006
"Memaxmarz is a great story-teller. Instead of words, she uses her photography to give an honest and sincere account of humanity from many perspectives and angles. Her studies in portraiture are especially poignant. Janis is a "work in progress". I predict her photography will reach great heights emotionally and artistically."
April 10th, 2006
"Janis' streetlife photos are an exceptional social documentary of Vancouver as we rarely get to see it on the TV or in guide books. She has a wonderful touch for capturing people on camera, and her B&W portraits of Vancouver's homeless also show a talent in "capturing" their trust and openness. Keep up the good work!"
March 14th, 2006
Mark Klotz says:
"Memaxmarz's street photos are honest are heartfelt. She helps us to rethink stereotypes and to see beauty where we, the comfortable would not normally dare to venture."
February 20th, 2006
- October 2005
- I am:
- Female and Single