Official supplier of ballroom-dance images for use in Lindsey Odom's school projects
Which famous photographer are you?Henri Cartier-Bresson: Known for street photography and photojournalism"We are passive onlookers in a world that moves perpetually. Our only moment of creation is that 1/125th of a second when the shutter clicks, the signal is given, and motion is stopped..." Click Here to Take This QuizBrought to you by www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm quizzes and personality tests.
"When we rejoice in beautiful scenery, great art, and great music, it is but the flexing of instincts acquired in another place and another time." (Elder Neal A. Maxwell, Ensign, May 1984, 21).
Active member of LDS Church. Married, with two children. Photography has long fascinated me, but only comparatively recently have I taken up the pastime in earnest. In July, 2005, I purchased my very first digital camera, inspired in large part by some of what I have seen on Flickr. (It was a Fujifilm FinePix A345, which was replaced three months later by my Nikon D50. In August, 2010, I upgraded to a Nikon D90, although I am keeping the D50 and expect to continue using it from time to time.)
In my now-frequent excursions into the fascinating (and rather addictive) world of Flickrdom, and in particular whenever I post photos of my own or select someone else's as a favorite, I try to follow the spirit of my church's Thirteenth Article of Faith. Echoing the language of Paul the apostle, as expressed in Philippians 4:8, the Thirteenth Article of Faith declares in pertinent part: "If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." My thanks are therefore in order to all of you good and creative souls who exemplify so well the joys of photography, and who have helped to make my Flickr experience such a pleasure, while at the same time making it consistent with this pleasing admonition.
Incidentally, both of my children are now members of Flickr. Vanessa, whose Flickr page may be found here, joined in August of 2005. While she has talent as a photographer, I do not expect this to become her true passion. Colin, who is 20, may end up being a different story. He appears here as infernosangel27, a name apparently inspired by our mutual love of Dante. I gave him my Fujifilm camera after I purchased my Nikon, and he put it to good use for a couple of years before purchasing a more advanced camera of his own. I believe he has the raw talent to be a superb photographer, and his skills will only improve as he learns more about photography. Go check out these kids' photos, and cheer them on if you feel so inclined.
Meanwhile, I have two blogs, one of which is listed below as my main webpage. The other one is Convivio, which I am using primarily as a showcase for what I consider the very best of my Flickr faves. Check it out, too.
N. B. -- If you leave vulgar or offensive comments on any of my photos, or if you fave them and I discover that you have no pictures in your own photostream, or if your photostream, your faved images, or the groups to which you belong suggest a fixation on pornography, you will immediately be blocked!
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.
Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.
You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.
The purpose of your life: showing love to other people
Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah
Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor
What Color Is Your Aura?
- Religious Photos 100,450 photos, 5,385 members
- THE WET SHAVE 729 photos, 219 members
- MOUNTAIN 133,641 photos, 11,537 members
- angelic face 15,562 photos, 1,825 members
- SPORTS ACTION 468,582 photos, 30,567 members
- Sports Illustrated 223,366 photos, 7,023 members
- Sports Photography 432,428 photos, 29,191 members
- bicycle, fiets, Fahrrad, bicicleta, vélo, bicicletta 54,580 photos, 4,168 members
- Nikon D7100 / D7200/ D7500 CLUB 286,966 photos, 6,862 members
- Nikon D7100 DSLR 454,753 photos, 10,151 members
- Canon prime lens club 90,694 photos, 7,448 members
- 100+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 102,105 photos, 6,123 members
- in explore 858,401 photos, 73,154 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 1,026,175 photos, 30,433 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 34,758 photos, 1,818 members
- "For the Love of Bike" 3,059 photos, 220 members
- bicycle_culture 98,874 photos, 5,264 members
- 1 bike equals 1 less car 11,871 photos, 813 members
- The Bicycle 51,750 photos, 2,701 members
- I Want To Ride My Bicycle 73,870 photos, 5,270 members
- Bike Nation 198,707 photos, 15,941 members
- La Pucelle 1,438 photos, 1,260 members
- EXPLORE SENZA ALGORITMO: GLI ESCLUSI CON FOTO BELLISSIME 24,300 photos, 1,017 members
- *Flowers On Black or White* 1,450 photos, 230 members
- The best pictures . 879 photos, 35 members
- Stunned by Beauty 43,409 photos, 1,758 members
- LINO's TOP GALLERY - P1/C2 SWEEPER ACTIVE 120 + FAVES 1,721 photos, 143 members
- DREAMLIKE PHOTOS 9,438 photos, 158 members
- The Distance Between Stars 52,016 photos, 1,335 members
- Only Invite / Only on Explore 31,439 photos, 1,230 members
- My Model (post 1 award 2) 15,535 photos, 849 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 17,188 photos, 1,520 members
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Camera Shots 7,100 photos, 657 members
- * ❤ SOLO RITRATTI / PORTRAITS ❤ Admin Invite only P1/C2 211,668 photos, 5,480 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 284,810 photos, 41,769 members
- Portrait Showroom 7,536 photos, 573 members
- Hummingbirds Around the World 18,531 photos, 1,335 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 1* Post 1 Award 5 or BANNED 244,033 photos, 7,254 members
- Fine Gold 1,640,628 photos, 40,717 members
- NATURE Pure and Beautiful 70,067 photos, 4,269 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 32,660 photos, 16,319 members
- Art of Images ~ AOI L1~ ( P1,A3) NO Children Pictures..!!!! 976,384 photos, 38,803 members
- Filés et Mouvements - Post 1 - Comment 2 or Invite 1 1,657 photos, 508 members
- squareFormat 1,003,098 photos, 40,780 members
- Clair de femme 35,085 photos, 4,374 members
- * World Waterscapes (NO Black&White Photos) 81,197 photos, 2,105 members
- "SEASCAPE" 214,922 photos, 7,996 members
- la mer 4,640 photos, 232 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,652,752 photos, 113,980 members
- Bellesa femenina 12,051 photos, 666 members
"It is hard to find the right words to describe the technical quality, capture of emotion, and the unique style that Gary puts into his photographs. He is able to capture a lovely tradition in ballroom dancing, and those are remarkable photos.
But the art doesn't stop there; He really does have a variety of simply beautiful photographs. It's obvious the models and subjects that Garry photographs trust him completely, a trait that is an art in itself.
Garry is a great friend, always offering advice and constant feedback to make me want to be a better photographer."
November 10th, 2009
"I have had the pleasure and privilege of enjoying Garry's photography and friendship for several months now! Garry is intense and enthusiastic about his work, weather it be his models or nature that he is working with at the time. He has a passion and love for dance that can be felt in his photographs of Foxtrots, Waltzes and such. Garry has a love and compassion for people that touch his life in some way and he gives back to them by photographing those special people in a way that he intends to make them feel like they are the only people on the planet! Garry is a gifted photographer full of vision, a wonderful, trustworthy, loyal friend and a man with a BIG heart :) OMG I almost forgot, Garry is also an outstanding writer. He writes with the same passion as he does pointing the camera. I have been blessed that our paths have crossed and count him as a true friend!"
April 16th, 2009
"You have many very nice shots. I am very happy to be your new contact and hope to become a friend..
June 17th, 2008
Proverbs 31:10 says:
"Mr. Garry Wilmore is one of the most important persons in my life. I love him like my second dad on earth; his unconditional love and support have made a difference in my entire life.
Every single picture Garry submits to his photo stream comes right from his heart, revealing details of his deep feelings and daily life issues, he also has the ability to share his thoughts writing, indeed wordy but delightful.
Garry is the most lovely and kind-hearted person alive, he is an artist, a friend and a dad to me.
Garry is the kind of person you´d love to meet, so give yourself a chance…;)"
June 9th, 2008
"Garry is photographer. Garry is a dancer. Garry has a powerful voice which could put James Earl Jones to shame. He can recite Dante's Divine Comedy in Italian or share with you one of his fantastic and amusing stories in Spanish as well. Garry has a sweet and kind soul. He's a loving and wonderful man who will stick around with you need it the most and everyone else has left. He's a true friend.
In his pictures, you will find bits of him, his passions, his kindness and his fantastic sense of humor."
January 17th, 2008
"Gary's trademark is sunset photography - he is well versed in time lapse and some more specular and... unique photos that many do not have the eye to capture. I'm really impressed with his work and always look forward to the next day's sunset."
November 19th, 2006
"Garry - I spent an hour this morning stepping through your photos. What a delight! I really enjoyed the commentary on each photo and the extreme diversity of your photographic experimentation. Thanks for sharing your passions with us."
September 11th, 2005
"Garry is a new flickrite and from Arizona. We met last week at a meetup in Tempe at the IKEA store and then went on to Flagstaff. He photographs places I enjoy, especially at Wupatiki Ruins and Wukoki Ruins! Great promise as a digital photographer, lover of Dante, and he speaks great Italian."
August 17th, 2005
- Garry Wilmore
- April 2005
- Chandler, Arizona, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Court administrator
- I miei cari amici