■ Urban nights (bridges, traffic, streets, reflections, rain, skylines)
■ Seascapes (CA, OR and WA coast or any moving water)
■ Junk and Decay (especially at night; junked or vintage cars preferred)
■ Cars (panning, old cars, abstract, rusty, tuned, rims, documentary)
■ Urban photo walking (signs, graffiti, neon, snaps, buildings, architecture)
■ Documentary (any event of interest to me)
■ Challenges (any photo challenge i.e. shoot in one loc using one lens for 5 minutes)
Sharing is a great thing. Pause for a second - what would the internet be if people didn't share? I am a firm believer in its virtues, but sharing does not mean the photos can be freely used.
All images here are copyrighted and can not be used without my permission.
That being said I'm flattered if you print one of my shots for your wall at home or use one as your wallpaper or screensaver, but anything else is NOT okay unless you ask. Don't steal people. Play fair and sleep well at night.
I love critiques and suggestions on my photos! They make me happy.
■ Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM (April 2007)
■ Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX (October 2007)
■ Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM (Febuary 2008)
■ Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro (May 2009)
■ Sigma 8mm f/3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye (August 2009)
■ Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM (June 2010)
■ Canon 17-40mm f/4 USM (August 2010)
■ Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye (August 2010)
■ Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra-Wide Angle (October 2010)
■ Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro (November 2010)
■ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM (May 2012)
■ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM (May 2012)
■ Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM (May 2012)
■ Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM (September 2012)
Canon 5D Mark II (October 2010; refurbished replacement camera)
Canon 7D (May 2010)
Canon 5D Mark III (May 2012)
Canon 5D Mark III (Sept 2012)
Canon Speedlite 430EX II (March 2009)
Canon Speedlite 580EX II (May 2009)
■ A bunch of Lee GND filters and a Reverse 3-stop GND from Singh Ray
■ Lots of circular polarizers and the occasional UV filter
■ A couple high-power Fenix flashlights and other misc. flashlights
■ HONL gels for lightpainting
■ Snoots for flashlights and flashes
■ A bunch of wired and wireless remote releases
■ Giottos Rocket Air Blaster
■ Two Manfrotto tripods and a gorilla pod
■ Frog Toggs Wading gear and Aquatech Camera Rain Jacket
■ Tamron 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 (April 2007; Sold June 2008)
■ Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM(December 2006; Gift March 2008)
■ Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 (December 2006; Sold July 2007)
■ Canon Rebel XTi (December 2006; not used since summer 2009; given away 2012)
■ Canon 40D (June 2008; sold 2011)
■ Canon 5D Mark II (July 2009; fatal water damage October 2010)
■ Canon 5D Mark II (April 2011; sold October 2012)
■ Canon 17-40mm f/4 USM (October 2009; sold 2011)
■ Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM (March 2008; sold October 2012)
Photos of Mazda6 (Tor) (1)
- Oklahoma Emergency Vehicles 225 photos, 47 members
- Sea to Summit Workshops 162 photos, 57 members
- Nordic Photography 7,665 photos, 685 members
- Paul's Junkyard Night Photography Workshops 936 photos, 31 members
- World of tow trucks and service trucks 4,791 photos, 209 members
- Carmageddon 18,582 photos, 1,118 members
- beautiful decay. 314,066 photos, 10,910 members
- The Car is Your Canvas 28,702 photos, 1,028 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 331,038 photos, 21,040 members
- [Noctography] 85,606 photos, 4,727 members
- Junkers -n- Classics (OLD CARS TRUCKS,TRACTORS,BOATS,AIRPLANES , 141,027 photos, 4,135 members
- Light Painting - The Real Deal 86,877 photos, 13,105 members
- Urban Exploration - Exploring Abandonments 252,610 photos, 10,773 members
- Abandoned 907,606 photos, 64,881 members
- Cadillacs In the rough 2,648 photos, 482 members
- $2 Portraits 710 photos, 900 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,358 photos, 22,336 members
- Los Angeles 210,161 photos, 10,737 members
- Pearsonville Night Photography Workshops 1,158 photos, 41 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,361 members
- Tow Trucks 9,750 photos, 722 members
- Mazda USA - Official Owners Group 8,818 photos, 1,401 members
- Minivans 1,111 photos, 132 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 415,816 photos, 105,999 members
- Aperturent 110 photos, 61 members
- OKC FLICKR WALKS, MEET-UPS & EVENTS 349 photos, 29 members
- Cash For Clunkers 171 photos, 16 members
- Downtown & all around Oklahoma City 9,236 photos, 436 members
- Bricktown Oklahoma City 1,179 photos, 191 members
- Flickr Hacks 436 photos, 20,125 members
- I Say NO 34 photos, 77 members
- Pittsburgh 52,375 photos, 3,742 members
- Ant's Angle 2,946 photos, 382 members
- Bridges at Night 24,811 photos, 4,958 members
- Photography is legal 4,526 photos, 537 members
- Realistic HDR Images 18,570 photos, 5,653 members
- Photomatix 455,554 photos, 20,312 members
- Dusk - The Twilight Zone 23,929 photos, 2,179 members
- *Eye~Jewels* ~ please comment on one 83,512 photos, 3,721 members
- People in Silhouette 8,341 photos, 1,391 members
- silhouette 359,865 photos, 54,132 members
- New York City 721,184 photos, 53,572 members
- New York, New York 423,119 photos, 16,396 members
- Real Criticism 689 photos, 101 members
- Madison Automotive Photography 0 photos, 2 members
- The Tamron-based 18-250 zoom 8,876 photos, 286 members
- **FlickrsBest** 127,557 photos, 15,567 members
- Photo-Of-The-Day - post 1, comment on any 1 (read rules please) 5,612 photos, 937 members
- Zoo 220,522 photos, 11,128 members
- Big Rimz 1,346 photos, 194 members
"Tor is genuinely interested in the art of photography .. His explanations and insights are the main reason I come back to his photo stream over and over again ... I truly admire his skill and passion for the art ...."
April 21st, 2008
♥ Colpo di fulmine ♥ says:
"Tor has given me such inspiration, as well as, given me advice through letters, as to improve my own photography, when I have asked. I am fortunate to call him my friend.
And I always look forward to visiting his wonderful photo stream,... you can be certain to find amazing images, mixed with captions that will have you smiling and learning through his experiments and impressive ways.
March 24th, 2008
Harrison Brooks says:
"I love Tor's photos He can take very good night photos that look like something magical, I really like his NYC photos and all the car photos. Tor you are a great photographer and Flickr friend.
May you continue to take awesome shots of everything!
P.S. I like your St. Louis set. I lived their for 10 years and it's just a great city. Thanks for taking photos of it ;)"
December 20th, 2007
"Tor's night photography and long-exposure work is well known and has been commented on extensively. Here, I shall focus on my favorite aspect of his contributions to flickr: The skylines of Manhattan and Jersey City.
These pictures are composed with great skill and art, and he always manages to choose just the right settings to allow a scene to flourish even in difficult light. Not afraid to try unconventional methods and angles, the resulting work is unique and well worth seeing!"
December 15th, 2007
"This guy is really good but also modest. I was inspired to practice panning cars because of his wonderful panning collection. Every photo I see on his stream is an inspiration for me to go out and take better photos each time. We use the same camera so that helps too. =) cheers to a good contact and a good online friend."
November 28th, 2007
"Night photography has rarely looked this good. This guy really knows his stuff! One of my favorite contacts and I’m always looking forward to seeing his work pop up in recent."
October 19th, 2007
~ Oscar says:
"I always enjoy visiting Tor's photostream, there's always some story going on, and he's always experimenting and trying to improve his photography which he has done successfully. I've been following his stream for a long time... in fact the very first photo I added as a "favorite" here on flickr is one of his photos from Venezuela where I'm originally from and he has lived as well.
His night photography is awesome, like he says on his profile it requires a lot of planning and he constantly produces awesome night photos which I know is not an easy thing to do.
I look forward to keep enjoying his images, and keep following his improvement."
September 17th, 2007
Tapa Amarilla says:
"Me encanta su fotografia de calle, de colores y movimientos, siempre me sorprende con algo dieferente."
September 13th, 2007
"I like Mazda 6 , he seems like my long lost brother i never met as we shoot such similar things . His enthusiasm for photography is endless and contagious .
I can hardly keep up with his uploads so if you add him as a contact make sure you check his stream out as he will upload more than appears on contacts page !!
I wish him all the best for his future photography efforts , i'm sure they will be good ones ... you can't go wrong with passion"
July 2nd, 2007
- January 2006
- Oslo, Norway
- Oklahoma City, OK
- I am: