■ Urban nights (bridges, traffic, streets, reflections, rain, skylines)
■ Seascapes (CA, OR and WA coast or any moving water)
■ Junk and Decay (especially at night; junked or vintage cars preferred)
■ Cars (panning, old cars, abstract, rusty, tuned, rims, documentary)
■ Urban photo walking (signs, graffiti, neon, snaps, buildings, architecture)
■ Documentary (any event of interest to me)
■ Challenges (any photo challenge i.e. shoot in one loc using one lens for 5 minutes)
Sharing is a great thing. Pause for a second - what would the internet be if people didn't share? I am a firm believer in its virtues, but sharing does not mean the photos can be freely used.
All images here are copyrighted and can not be used without my permission.
That being said I'm flattered if you print one of my shots for your wall at home or use one as your wallpaper or screensaver, but anything else is NOT okay unless you ask. Don't steal people. Play fair and sleep well at night.
I love critiques and suggestions on my photos! They make me happy.
■ Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM (April 2007)
■ Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX (October 2007)
■ Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM (Febuary 2008)
■ Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro (May 2009)
■ Sigma 8mm f/3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye (August 2009)
■ Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM (June 2010)
■ Canon 17-40mm f/4 USM (August 2010)
■ Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye (August 2010)
■ Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra-Wide Angle (October 2010)
■ Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro (November 2010)
■ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM (May 2012)
■ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM (May 2012)
■ Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM (May 2012)
■ Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM (September 2012)
Canon 5D Mark II (October 2010; refurbished replacement camera)
Canon 7D (May 2010)
Canon 5D Mark III (May 2012)
Canon 5D Mark III (Sept 2012)
Canon Speedlite 430EX II (March 2009)
Canon Speedlite 580EX II (May 2009)
■ A bunch of Lee GND filters and a Reverse 3-stop GND from Singh Ray
■ Lots of circular polarizers and the occasional UV filter
■ A couple high-power Fenix flashlights and other misc. flashlights
■ HONL gels for lightpainting
■ Snoots for flashlights and flashes
■ A bunch of wired and wireless remote releases
■ Giottos Rocket Air Blaster
■ Two Manfrotto tripods and a gorilla pod
■ Frog Toggs Wading gear and Aquatech Camera Rain Jacket
■ Tamron 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 (April 2007; Sold June 2008)
■ Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM(December 2006; Gift March 2008)
■ Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 (December 2006; Sold July 2007)
■ Canon Rebel XTi (December 2006; not used since summer 2009; given away 2012)
■ Canon 40D (June 2008; sold 2011)
■ Canon 5D Mark II (July 2009; fatal water damage October 2010)
■ Canon 5D Mark II (April 2011; sold October 2012)
■ Canon 17-40mm f/4 USM (October 2009; sold 2011)
■ Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM (March 2008; sold October 2012)
Photos of Mazda6 (Tor) (1)
- Oklahoma Emergency Vehicles 213 photos, 40 members
- Sea to Summit Workshops 161 photos, 57 members
- Nordic Photography 6,806 photos, 680 members
- Paul's Junkyard Night Photography Workshops 936 photos, 31 members
- World of tow trucks and service trucks 4,541 photos, 195 members
- Carmageddon 17,318 photos, 1,093 members
- beautiful decay. 296,808 photos, 10,572 members
- The Car is Your Canvas 25,078 photos, 996 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 313,728 photos, 20,282 members
- [Noctography] 79,275 photos, 4,508 members
- Junkers -n- Classics (OLD CARS TRUCKS,TRACTORS,BOATS,AIRPLANES , 130,688 photos, 4,081 members
- Light Painting - The Real Deal 83,021 photos, 12,814 members
- Urban Exploration - Exploring Abandonments 235,130 photos, 10,261 members
- Abandoned 854,726 photos, 59,989 members
- Cadillacs In the rough 2,614 photos, 477 members
- $2 Portraits 720 photos, 902 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,472 photos, 22,484 members
- Los Angeles 204,277 photos, 10,491 members
- Pearsonville Night Photography Workshops 1,158 photos, 41 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,373 members
- Tow Trucks 9,176 photos, 690 members
- Mazda USA - Official Owners Group 8,526 photos, 1,372 members
- Minivans 1,285 photos, 134 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 418,912 photos, 106,125 members
- Aperturent 110 photos, 62 members
- OKC FLICKR WALKS, MEET-UPS & EVENTS 349 photos, 29 members
- Cash For Clunkers 199 photos, 16 members
- Downtown & all around Oklahoma City 9,007 photos, 436 members
- Bricktown Oklahoma City 1,192 photos, 193 members
- Flickr Hacks 437 photos, 19,309 members
- I Say NO 32 photos, 77 members
- Pittsburgh 51,106 photos, 3,687 members
- Ant's Angle 2,953 photos, 380 members
- Bridges at Night 24,130 photos, 4,857 members
- Photography is legal 2,372 photos, 479 members
- Realistic HDR Images 18,801 photos, 5,659 members
- Photomatix 438,880 photos, 20,082 members
- Dusk - The Twilight Zone 22,276 photos, 2,095 members
- *Eye~Jewels* ~ please comment on one 80,652 photos, 3,724 members
- People in Silhouette 7,998 photos, 1,359 members
- silhouette 352,963 photos, 50,818 members
- New York City 692,411 photos, 51,334 members
- New York, New York 407,834 photos, 16,073 members
- Real Criticism 670 photos, 101 members
- Madison Automotive Photography 0 photos, 2 members
- The Tamron-based 18-250 zoom 8,722 photos, 287 members
- **FlickrsBest** 117,728 photos, 15,233 members
- Photo-Of-The-Day - post 1, comment on any 1 (read rules please) 5,321 photos, 903 members
- Zoo 209,882 photos, 10,747 members
- Big Rimz 1,355 photos, 192 members
"Tor is genuinely interested in the art of photography .. His explanations and insights are the main reason I come back to his photo stream over and over again ... I truly admire his skill and passion for the art ...."
April 21st, 2008
♥ Colpo di fulmine ♥ says:
"Tor has given me such inspiration, as well as, given me advice through letters, as to improve my own photography, when I have asked. I am fortunate to call him my friend.
And I always look forward to visiting his wonderful photo stream,... you can be certain to find amazing images, mixed with captions that will have you smiling and learning through his experiments and impressive ways.
March 24th, 2008
Harrison Brooks says:
"I love Tor's photos He can take very good night photos that look like something magical, I really like his NYC photos and all the car photos. Tor you are a great photographer and Flickr friend.
May you continue to take awesome shots of everything!
P.S. I like your St. Louis set. I lived their for 10 years and it's just a great city. Thanks for taking photos of it ;)"
December 20th, 2007
"Tor's night photography and long-exposure work is well known and has been commented on extensively. Here, I shall focus on my favorite aspect of his contributions to flickr: The skylines of Manhattan and Jersey City.
These pictures are composed with great skill and art, and he always manages to choose just the right settings to allow a scene to flourish even in difficult light. Not afraid to try unconventional methods and angles, the resulting work is unique and well worth seeing!"
December 15th, 2007
"This guy is really good but also modest. I was inspired to practice panning cars because of his wonderful panning collection. Every photo I see on his stream is an inspiration for me to go out and take better photos each time. We use the same camera so that helps too. =) cheers to a good contact and a good online friend."
November 28th, 2007
"Night photography has rarely looked this good. This guy really knows his stuff! One of my favorite contacts and I’m always looking forward to seeing his work pop up in recent."
October 19th, 2007
~ Oscar says:
"I always enjoy visiting Tor's photostream, there's always some story going on, and he's always experimenting and trying to improve his photography which he has done successfully. I've been following his stream for a long time... in fact the very first photo I added as a "favorite" here on flickr is one of his photos from Venezuela where I'm originally from and he has lived as well.
His night photography is awesome, like he says on his profile it requires a lot of planning and he constantly produces awesome night photos which I know is not an easy thing to do.
I look forward to keep enjoying his images, and keep following his improvement."
September 17th, 2007
Tapa Amarilla says:
"Me encanta su fotografia de calle, de colores y movimientos, siempre me sorprende con algo dieferente."
September 13th, 2007
"I like Mazda 6 , he seems like my long lost brother i never met as we shoot such similar things . His enthusiasm for photography is endless and contagious .
I can hardly keep up with his uploads so if you add him as a contact make sure you check his stream out as he will upload more than appears on contacts page !!
I wish him all the best for his future photography efforts , i'm sure they will be good ones ... you can't go wrong with passion"
July 2nd, 2007
- January 2006
- Oslo, Norway
- Oklahoma City, OK
- I am: