Been taking photos for ever........also a painter, poet, writer of articles...........
Now use a Fujifinepix X-S1 (an update of my trusty s9500 and 100fs), used to use a Canon EOS and do miss SLR facility, but didn't like the weight! Some older pics are scanned prints, a very few scanned trannys, most are digital. Use various photoediting software for basic fiddling + Graphics Corps Photoeditor and Micrografx Picture Publisher for more drastic image manipulation. I now use Photomatix for HDR pics and combining various exposures.
I have several groups which I administer, especially relating to church sculptures: The Herefordshire School of Romanesque Sculpture; Daniel, Gilgamesh and the Master of Beasts; Tree of Life; Gislebertus, sculptor of Autun Cathedral: Kirtti-mukkha, the Face of Glory: and Romanesque Britain (jointly with Pryderi) Also have formed a new group: River Witham, from source to sea, relating to the river in my home town. My group, Lie of the land, for me answers the need for a group specialising in ordinary landscapes, which are well-lit and well-taken: Huge dramatic views with the WOW-factor are of course welcome, but so are good shots of the field round the corner! In addition I am joint admin with Nick Owen of Poetry and Pictures England; with David Lewis-Baker of Art in the UK; and admin of the group Abstract Reality which is a huge success.
Other new groups are Charnwood Forest, England's ancient heart, and Need more faves? designed to enable access to conventional faves group by exposing pics to additional faves. My latest groups are God's Acre: the flora and fauna of churchyards: Abstract Reflections; Landscape Detail and The Zen of Nature.
My anthology of poetry was published in Oct 2012 by Indigo Dreams Publishing:
If you wish to use any of my images, whether for commercial or other reasons, PLEASE ASK!! I rarely refuse.
Photos of tina negus (2)
- RESERVOIRS LAKES 2,211 photos, 226 members
- A LONG WALK 27,360 photos, 2,528 members
- Enigmatic England 135 photos, 9 members
- RIVER STREAM LAKES 4,757 photos, 357 members
- A. VIEWPOINT. 13,066 photos, 841 members
- BBC Autumnwatch (Official) 222,220 photos, 16,221 members
- Northumberland Coast AONB 2,631 photos, 126 members
- Bretagne ... arts visuels 10,988 photos, 1,411 members
- Again and Again and Again - Post 1, Award 2 13,627 photos, 789 members
- National Moth Week 78,045 photos, 1,137 members
- HD Wallpapers App 2,496 photos, 438 members
- Ancient Forests - The Biodiversity Group 2,177 photos, 97 members
- East Anglia 11,428 photos, 208 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 19,837 photos, 1,163 members
- Anglo-Saxons 200 photos, 7 members
- 1000 Faves 1,393 photos, 342 members
- Geologists 12,081 photos, 716 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 130,118 photos, 3,984 members
- LoveShiva 384 photos, 21 members
- A.C.M C. .WORLD 57,899 photos, 5,278 members
- BBC Winterwatch 173,677 photos, 8,682 members
- Abstract photography / NO PAINT & NO DIGITAL CREATION 5,823 photos, 762 members
- FUJIFILM X-S1 22,179 photos, 554 members
- painting muses 808 photos, 157 members
- CHURCHES 2 40,524 photos, 1,009 members
- Norfolk Churches 22,443 photos, 432 members
- Misericords, only misericords 2,386 photos, 29 members
- A RAMBLING WORLD FROM ABOVE 30,788 photos, 1,519 members
- Peak District Online 38,431 photos, 996 members
- Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust 10,713 photos, 238 members
- MOUNTAIN 133,092 photos, 11,511 members
- Aves bebiendo de un cáliz/ Birds drinking from a chalice 96 photos, 12 members
- Only your very best 743 photos, 18 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 699,623 photos, 34,333 members
- All Creatures Squared 2,274 photos, 137 members
- PAINTING MOUNTAINS 2,172 photos, 143 members
- The Four Rivers of Paradise 212 photos, 27 members
- Trees UK 17,703 photos, 1,407 members
- in explore 856,369 photos, 73,052 members
- PAINTING THE SEASIDE 2,479 photos, 133 members
- Holy Island 3,655 photos, 456 members
- GREAT PANOS 62,733 photos, 3,687 members
- Panorama Photo - P 1 A 3 25,736 photos, 3,827 members
- LRWT (Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust) 5,280 photos, 153 members
- UK Church Stained Glass Windows 11,984 photos, 177 members
- ridgeway 917 photos, 119 members
- Monasteries of Medieval Christendom 12,053 photos, 881 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 120,296 photos, 4,396 members
- PAINTING FARMS AND BARNS 1,201 photos, 131 members
- PAINTING WOODLANDS 2,619 photos, 239 members
"Tina's photostream is a never-ending source of delight. On any given visit I may be attracted to her wonderful photographs of mediaeval sculptures, and whilst I am browsing those, I will notice an exquisite painting of her own, or a photograph of a flower, or a poem written in her fresh and highly readable style. There is always something new to look at, and if you love wildlife, landscape, art, poetry or history, it's always best to start your internet-surf at Tina's photostream. You'll be there for hours."
June 8th, 2009
"I really enjoy looking at Tina's photographs. Her stream is a rich cornucopia of well-observed images, intriguing abstracts, poised compositions and those extraordinary details which most of us almost always miss, but which are caught here with her customary skill and intimacy as if at a sideways glance. A collection of photographs to come back to again and again."
August 19th, 2008
"There is a definite style in her work - yet there is never any routine. Each new picture is a surprise. I have been inspired many times by Tina's creativity."
March 8th, 2008
"She's damn good."
February 15th, 2008
Catching Fireworks says:
"I love Tina's work. She has an awesome eye and I am so excited by the way she uses colour. Her photos are all so original; even subjects which are often seen on flickr are completely rethought by Tina. As a newbie photographer, I can only dream of having a style as distinctive and accomplished. It is a constant joy to see her work."
February 4th, 2008
Leighton Cooke says:
"Tina's pictures are awesome! She has a wonderful feeling for colour, abstraction and natural beauty and can take simple everyday things and turn them into works of art. One of my Flickr favourites!"
October 29th, 2007
Sparrows' Friend says:
"You can tell Tina's an artist. Her pictures demonstrate an artist's eye. She goes for colours, textures and patterns in things that might be overlooked by the less observant. Like me, she favours a square format. Very satisfying, for some reason."
August 26th, 2007
"Tina was one of my first contacts on Flickr and is my muse! She is a talented artist in more media than just photography and has a natural eye for a good composition and for seeing beauty in the mundane. I always look forward to her next download and could favourite all her photos!"
August 19th, 2007
Martin Beek says:
"Tina has a great eye for what makes a good composition. Her abstracts and texture shots are really lovely and bear close examination. It is lovely to look at the world in close up, to see beauty in what is not meant to be beautiful. To me her work is art of a high order and I hope many people will get to know about her work because it deserves to be seen."
August 2nd, 2007
"Tina is a master of texture, color, composition and, what an eye for detail. So much to see and enjoy here. Keep 'em coming!"
August 1st, 2007
"I have a whole bunch of contacts, and yet even amongst 13 pages of recent photos Tina's spring out instantly. The colours and atmosphere of her shots are so distinctive really draw the eye, and draw you into her imagination. It is a privelage to be able to share in that - thanks!"
July 29th, 2007
"Tina is an excellent contributor to the Black, White, & Green Group. She takes the simple rules of those three colours and runs with it. Always look forward to what new shot she posted."
July 25th, 2007
- tina negus
- December 2006
- Grantham, Lincs
- I am:
- Female and Taken