I'm 16 and I picked up a camera a little under a year ago. I joined flickr about the same time. I really love photography and even though I'm just started to learn the basics, I still enjoy it. :)
I really appreciate your comments and critique. I strive to do better, so feel free to speak your mind. However, I do ask that you refrain from being crude.
Thanks for stopping by and good luck shooting!! :)
**I get a lot of mail. So please don't feel slighted if I don't respond right away or if I do not add you as a contact. I like to keep my contact's list smaller rather than larger. So where I may like your work, I am very picky about who I add. Thank you for understanding **
This quote by Marianne Williamson has been a great inspiration to me and has had a great impacted on my photography. I thought i'd share. =o)
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
I've had a lot of people ask me what camera and lens I use etc.. so here it is for you all to see. :)
Canon Rebel XTi
Canon Portrait Lens 24-105mm
On occasion I'll use something other than that.. but those times are so few they're not even worth mentioning.... :)
Photos of §ally (4)
- Red Velvet Art 9,078 photos, 1,275 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 14,857 photos, 1,698 members
- Rose Petal 34,391 photos, 3,178 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,107 photos, 2,028 members
- Snow Pea Challenge Group! 3,704 photos, 850 members
- *The Realm of Quality* 2,526 photos, 637 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 33,773 photos, 1,756 members
- Nádia Damião's actions 3 photos, 99 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 941,610 photos, 29,480 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 294,974 photos, 29,161 members
- Gulls and Pigeons.P1/C1. 21,944 photos, 4,818 members
- In Fine Style 42,052 photos, 4,588 members
- FirstQuality ADMIN INVITE P1/C1 NEW CONTESTS 33,689 photos, 3,080 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 875 photos, 22,519 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 52,849 photos, 9,543 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,509 photos, 249 members
- Megaward - for Comment Gluttons 4,921 photos, 830 members
- QUOTE 805 photos, 144 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "High Quality" Post 1 Award 3 275,709 photos, 32,315 members
- Elusive Actions & Presets 4,837 photos, 1,401 members
- DIGIFOTO Pro 527,623 photos, 14,821 members
- Breathtaking Faces 196 photos, 151 members
- PrettyFaces 9,659 photos, 464 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,487,893 photos, 58,457 members
- ~*People Pics That *WoW* Us*~ 47,550 photos, 2,452 members
- WellTaken 70,656 photos, 6,739 members
- 1 Million 5,596 photos, 11,695 members
- pairs 14,420 photos, 1,458 members
- the Hoxton freeforall 30,407 photos, 901 members
- Focus Plays 49 photos, 52 members
- Comment 1 Fave 1 Portraits 4,294 photos, 1,055 members
- Dragon Gold Award " The Best Of Flickr " 649,989 photos, 26,113 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 430,117 photos, 12,376 members
- Todays Best Award- Invite Only 8,554 photos, 1,368 members
- Global Village 2 - CLOSED 210,462 photos, 14,385 members
- Explore this! (ONLY EXPLORED PICS) 21,518 photos, 3,917 members
- WONDERLAND - All Photos 18,000 photos, 235 members
- "Enjoy Life!" 138,740 photos, 3,490 members
- Ritratti dal Mondo 67,201 photos, 4,112 members
- ♥Beautiful Brunettes♥ 13,735 photos, 1,643 members
- Absolutely exciting 12,102 photos, 1,777 members
- My Kind of Picture Gallery 61,215 photos, 3,570 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a3) 672,758 photos, 48,334 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 90,798 photos, 4,327 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 568,265 photos, 46,524 members
- PASSION PHOTOGRAPHY (COMMENTS PHOTO) 155,580 photos, 14,635 members
- santuzza dreams 1,562 photos, 669 members
- Exploration 3,374 photos, 156 members
- Haunting Beauty 730 photos, 358 members
- Inspiring Photos(invited photos) 49 photos, 44 members
"Sally is annoyingly stunning, annoyingly lovely, and annoyingly brilliant at photography. She's such an inspiration to so many - me included. If I had 1/100th of her talent, I'd be ecstatic.
You're fantastic, Sally, keep it up!"
May 19th, 2008
"Sally is one of the very first friends I had on flickr..
She is a wonderful,fun loving,deep, kiddish, and amazing person to talk to and to be there for you and help you.. and thats all besides the talent she has and the potentials as she is young in age.. and she has all the time to lean more and produce more..
She excels in self portraits and she is her own model :)
I'm one of the people who await her photography and was never disappointed by anything she made.. and I'm glad to have her as a friend and .. Sally I wish you all the luck and success with everything you do because you totally deserve it..
Keep up and keep shooting.."
April 20th, 2008
chappy stik says:
"hmm this girl is amazing. :D i mean the way she takes her shots and all. its plain beautiful.. ;) and very creative. purtypurty. ;)
thanks! i got the mail already.
thanks again! ;)"
April 2nd, 2008
"""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so amazing! ^_^ "
February 4th, 2008
fuck The Rolling Stones says:
"Sally has awesome style and I'm glad I found her...her photos are fantastic and sweet like she is...= )"
December 5th, 2007
"Sally is a vibrant, sensitive girl with an awesome talent for photography. She sees the realities of beauty and translates them for viewers to see her world as seen through the eyes of her camera. She's a majestic talent that will blosom into a fantastic photographer!"
November 9th, 2007
red absolu says:
"Sally is a cute girl who loves taking pictures and with a lot of creativity!
Keep up with good work! ^_^"
November 4th, 2007
flightless bird says:
"fantastic stream, beautiful woman, wonderful portraits. absolutely inspiring and breath-taking. love, love, love, love this flickr member -- art in every single form. stupendous."
October 29th, 2007
"This girl is awesome! I'm always amazed when I see new photos from her, particularly self-portraits. Even in the photos, she says, aren't very good you can see the natural talent. I love her poses and the moods and colors she puts in her shots... They always capture such a beautiful image.
You totally rock!! Can't wait to see more!"
September 24th, 2007
"Sally is an excellent photographer.... no matter what she says! =)
It's always fun to see what she'll come up with next. She has a definite God given talent for photography! She inspires me!"
September 19th, 2007
Aaron Frost Photography says:
"Sally has a definate promise to be a great portrait photographer. Her self-portrait ideas are always exiting and exelent no matter how non-creative she may think they are. She was one of the friends that got me started on photography and is a great encouragement on flickr."
August 23rd, 2007
"After viewing many of Sally's photos, I am continually impressed at the new ideas she comes up with. Although modest and new to photography, I believe she was born with a real talent and an eye for good compositions. I always look forward to her new photos and look forward to seeing her talents grow. Well worth adding as one of your contacts, you won't be disappointed. All the best my friend, and keep up the great work!"
August 7th, 2007
Allyn (allynedmonds.com) says:
"Sally is a very talented and special friend. Her self portraits are wonderful and I sign on to Flickr hoping that she has posted yet another portrait for us to admire. She's fairly new at photography, but with what she has shown so far, there's no doubt we'll be hearing a lot more about her.
Add her as a contact now so you don't miss anything that's coming from her in the future.
Keep up the good work my dear friend! =)"
July 20th, 2007
- May 2007
- nikkori_warai [at] yahoo.com