I'm 16 and I picked up a camera a little under a year ago. I joined flickr about the same time. I really love photography and even though I'm just started to learn the basics, I still enjoy it. :)
I really appreciate your comments and critique. I strive to do better, so feel free to speak your mind. However, I do ask that you refrain from being crude.
Thanks for stopping by and good luck shooting!! :)
**I get a lot of mail. So please don't feel slighted if I don't respond right away or if I do not add you as a contact. I like to keep my contact's list smaller rather than larger. So where I may like your work, I am very picky about who I add. Thank you for understanding **
This quote by Marianne Williamson has been a great inspiration to me and has had a great impacted on my photography. I thought i'd share. =o)
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
I've had a lot of people ask me what camera and lens I use etc.. so here it is for you all to see. :)
Canon Rebel XTi
Canon Portrait Lens 24-105mm
On occasion I'll use something other than that.. but those times are so few they're not even worth mentioning.... :)
Photos of §ally (4)
- Red Velvet Art 9,176 photos, 1,279 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 15,118 photos, 1,425 members
- Rose Petal 35,300 photos, 3,193 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,097 photos, 2,040 members
- Snow Pea Challenge Group! 3,727 photos, 851 members
- *The Realm of Quality* 2,626 photos, 637 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 30,478 photos, 1,737 members
- Nádia Damião's actions 3 photos, 101 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 877,418 photos, 28,377 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 290,372 photos, 29,152 members
- Gulls and Pigeons.P1/C1. 21,766 photos, 4,795 members
- In Fine Style 42,519 photos, 4,624 members
- FirstQuality ADMIN INVITE P1/C1 NEW CONTESTS 34,265 photos, 3,110 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 889 photos, 22,707 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 47,162 photos, 9,604 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,549 photos, 252 members
- Megaward - for Comment Gluttons 4,952 photos, 836 members
- QUOTE 810 photos, 130 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ Queue ~ No People 264,337 photos, 31,930 members
- Elusive Actions & Presets 4,624 photos, 1,387 members
- DIGIFOTO Pro 489,248 photos, 14,429 members
- Breathtaking Faces 196 photos, 148 members
- PrettyFaces 9,913 photos, 438 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,402,210 photos, 56,152 members
- ~*People Pics That *WoW* Us*~ 34,685 photos, 2,009 members
- WellTaken 66,136 photos, 6,698 members
- 1 Million 5,570 photos, 11,701 members
- pairs 14,350 photos, 1,452 members
- the Hoxton freeforall 29,630 photos, 903 members
- Focus Plays 49 photos, 54 members
- Comment 1 Fave 1 Portraits 4,220 photos, 1,058 members
- Dragon Gold Award " The Best Of Flickr " 593,596 photos, 25,846 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 375,594 photos, 11,733 members
- Todays Best Award- Invite Only 6,723 photos, 1,339 members
- Global Village 2 - CLOSED 212,299 photos, 14,533 members
- Explore this! (ONLY EXPLORED PICS) 19,864 photos, 3,670 members
- WONDERLAND - All Photos 17,088 photos, 237 members
- "Enjoy Life!" 124,361 photos, 3,243 members
- Ritratti dal Mondo 59,128 photos, 3,868 members
- ♥Beautiful Brunettes♥ 12,692 photos, 1,566 members
- Absolutely exciting 11,250 photos, 1,791 members
- My Kind of Picture Gallery 56,773 photos, 3,575 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 626,946 photos, 47,590 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 85,197 photos, 4,250 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 535,760 photos, 45,905 members
- PASSION PHOTOGRAPHY (COMMENTS PHOTO) 134,767 photos, 14,263 members
- santuzza dreams 1,584 photos, 677 members
- Exploration 3,411 photos, 156 members
- Haunting Beauty 742 photos, 355 members
- Inspiring Photos(invited photos) 58 photos, 47 members
"Sally is annoyingly stunning, annoyingly lovely, and annoyingly brilliant at photography. She's such an inspiration to so many - me included. If I had 1/100th of her talent, I'd be ecstatic.
You're fantastic, Sally, keep it up!"
May 19th, 2008
"Sally is one of the very first friends I had on flickr..
She is a wonderful,fun loving,deep, kiddish, and amazing person to talk to and to be there for you and help you.. and thats all besides the talent she has and the potentials as she is young in age.. and she has all the time to lean more and produce more..
She excels in self portraits and she is her own model :)
I'm one of the people who await her photography and was never disappointed by anything she made.. and I'm glad to have her as a friend and .. Sally I wish you all the luck and success with everything you do because you totally deserve it..
Keep up and keep shooting.."
April 20th, 2008
chappy stik says:
"hmm this girl is amazing. :D i mean the way she takes her shots and all. its plain beautiful.. ;) and very creative. purtypurty. ;)
thanks! i got the mail already.
thanks again! ;)"
April 2nd, 2008
"""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so amazing! ^_^ "
February 4th, 2008
fuck The Rolling Stones says:
"Sally has awesome style and I'm glad I found her...her photos are fantastic and sweet like she is...= )"
December 5th, 2007
"Sally is a vibrant, sensitive girl with an awesome talent for photography. She sees the realities of beauty and translates them for viewers to see her world as seen through the eyes of her camera. She's a majestic talent that will blosom into a fantastic photographer!"
November 9th, 2007
red absolu says:
"Sally is a cute girl who loves taking pictures and with a lot of creativity!
Keep up with good work! ^_^"
November 4th, 2007
flightless bird says:
"fantastic stream, beautiful woman, wonderful portraits. absolutely inspiring and breath-taking. love, love, love, love this flickr member -- art in every single form. stupendous."
October 29th, 2007
"This girl is awesome! I'm always amazed when I see new photos from her, particularly self-portraits. Even in the photos, she says, aren't very good you can see the natural talent. I love her poses and the moods and colors she puts in her shots... They always capture such a beautiful image.
You totally rock!! Can't wait to see more!"
September 24th, 2007
"Sally is an excellent photographer.... no matter what she says! =)
It's always fun to see what she'll come up with next. She has a definite God given talent for photography! She inspires me!"
September 19th, 2007
Aaron Frost Photography says:
"Sally has a definate promise to be a great portrait photographer. Her self-portrait ideas are always exiting and exelent no matter how non-creative she may think they are. She was one of the friends that got me started on photography and is a great encouragement on flickr."
August 23rd, 2007
"After viewing many of Sally's photos, I am continually impressed at the new ideas she comes up with. Although modest and new to photography, I believe she was born with a real talent and an eye for good compositions. I always look forward to her new photos and look forward to seeing her talents grow. Well worth adding as one of your contacts, you won't be disappointed. All the best my friend, and keep up the great work!"
August 7th, 2007
Allyn (allynedmonds.com) says:
"Sally is a very talented and special friend. Her self portraits are wonderful and I sign on to Flickr hoping that she has posted yet another portrait for us to admire. She's fairly new at photography, but with what she has shown so far, there's no doubt we'll be hearing a lot more about her.
Add her as a contact now so you don't miss anything that's coming from her in the future.
Keep up the good work my dear friend! =)"
July 20th, 2007
- May 2007
- nikkori_warai [at] yahoo.com