I'm 16 and I picked up a camera a little under a year ago. I joined flickr about the same time. I really love photography and even though I'm just started to learn the basics, I still enjoy it. :)
I really appreciate your comments and critique. I strive to do better, so feel free to speak your mind. However, I do ask that you refrain from being crude.
Thanks for stopping by and good luck shooting!! :)
**I get a lot of mail. So please don't feel slighted if I don't respond right away or if I do not add you as a contact. I like to keep my contact's list smaller rather than larger. So where I may like your work, I am very picky about who I add. Thank you for understanding **
This quote by Marianne Williamson has been a great inspiration to me and has had a great impacted on my photography. I thought i'd share. =o)
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
I've had a lot of people ask me what camera and lens I use etc.. so here it is for you all to see. :)
Canon Rebel XTi
Canon Portrait Lens 24-105mm
On occasion I'll use something other than that.. but those times are so few they're not even worth mentioning.... :)
Photos of §ally (4)
- Red Velvet Art 9,079 photos, 1,276 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 14,920 photos, 1,670 members
- Rose Petal 34,769 photos, 3,185 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,103 photos, 2,029 members
- Snow Pea Challenge Group! 3,704 photos, 850 members
- *The Realm of Quality* 2,550 photos, 637 members
- Fotos Grandiosas! post 2 - award 2 next to yours 32,962 photos, 1,753 members
- Nádia Damião's actions 3 photos, 100 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 926,721 photos, 29,270 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 293,923 photos, 29,159 members
- Gulls and Pigeons.P1/C1. 21,822 photos, 4,809 members
- In Fine Style 42,210 photos, 4,593 members
- FirstQuality ADMIN INVITE P1/C1 NEW CONTESTS 33,846 photos, 3,082 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 876 photos, 22,557 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 51,726 photos, 9,550 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,517 photos, 249 members
- Megaward - for Comment Gluttons 4,915 photos, 831 members
- QUOTE 814 photos, 140 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "High Quality" Post 1 Award 3 271,404 photos, 32,209 members
- Elusive Actions & Presets 4,779 photos, 1,398 members
- DIGIFOTO Pro 518,304 photos, 14,745 members
- Breathtaking Faces 196 photos, 149 members
- PrettyFaces 9,557 photos, 460 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,470,709 photos, 58,016 members
- ~*People Pics That *WoW* Us*~ 44,518 photos, 2,360 members
- WellTaken 69,635 photos, 6,730 members
- 1 Million 5,604 photos, 11,694 members
- pairs 14,366 photos, 1,456 members
- the Hoxton freeforall 30,310 photos, 902 members
- Focus Plays 49 photos, 52 members
- Comment 1 Fave 1 Portraits 4,274 photos, 1,054 members
- Dragon Gold Award " The Best Of Flickr " 638,181 photos, 26,070 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 417,290 photos, 12,256 members
- Todays Best Award- Invite Only 8,213 photos, 1,362 members
- Global Village 2 - CLOSED 210,499 photos, 14,407 members
- Explore this! (ONLY EXPLORED PICS) 21,080 photos, 3,869 members
- WONDERLAND - All Photos 17,852 photos, 235 members
- "Enjoy Life!" 139,500 photos, 3,432 members
- Ritratti dal Mondo 65,591 photos, 4,051 members
- ♥Beautiful Brunettes♥ 13,470 photos, 1,634 members
- Absolutely exciting 11,913 photos, 1,778 members
- My Kind of Picture Gallery 60,063 photos, 3,561 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a3) 661,784 photos, 48,180 members
- Only your best shots Post 1 - Comment on 3 89,192 photos, 4,281 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 560,712 photos, 46,418 members
- PASSION PHOTOGRAPHY (COMMENTS PHOTO) 151,240 photos, 14,559 members
- santuzza dreams 1,565 photos, 670 members
- Exploration 3,377 photos, 156 members
- Haunting Beauty 732 photos, 358 members
- Inspiring Photos(invited photos) 49 photos, 46 members
"Sally is annoyingly stunning, annoyingly lovely, and annoyingly brilliant at photography. She's such an inspiration to so many - me included. If I had 1/100th of her talent, I'd be ecstatic.
You're fantastic, Sally, keep it up!"
May 19th, 2008
"Sally is one of the very first friends I had on flickr..
She is a wonderful,fun loving,deep, kiddish, and amazing person to talk to and to be there for you and help you.. and thats all besides the talent she has and the potentials as she is young in age.. and she has all the time to lean more and produce more..
She excels in self portraits and she is her own model :)
I'm one of the people who await her photography and was never disappointed by anything she made.. and I'm glad to have her as a friend and .. Sally I wish you all the luck and success with everything you do because you totally deserve it..
Keep up and keep shooting.."
April 20th, 2008
chappy stik says:
"hmm this girl is amazing. :D i mean the way she takes her shots and all. its plain beautiful.. ;) and very creative. purtypurty. ;)
thanks! i got the mail already.
thanks again! ;)"
April 2nd, 2008
"""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so amazing! ^_^ "
February 4th, 2008
fuck The Rolling Stones says:
"Sally has awesome style and I'm glad I found her...her photos are fantastic and sweet like she is...= )"
December 5th, 2007
"Sally is a vibrant, sensitive girl with an awesome talent for photography. She sees the realities of beauty and translates them for viewers to see her world as seen through the eyes of her camera. She's a majestic talent that will blosom into a fantastic photographer!"
November 9th, 2007
red absolu says:
"Sally is a cute girl who loves taking pictures and with a lot of creativity!
Keep up with good work! ^_^"
November 4th, 2007
flightless bird says:
"fantastic stream, beautiful woman, wonderful portraits. absolutely inspiring and breath-taking. love, love, love, love this flickr member -- art in every single form. stupendous."
October 29th, 2007
"This girl is awesome! I'm always amazed when I see new photos from her, particularly self-portraits. Even in the photos, she says, aren't very good you can see the natural talent. I love her poses and the moods and colors she puts in her shots... They always capture such a beautiful image.
You totally rock!! Can't wait to see more!"
September 24th, 2007
"Sally is an excellent photographer.... no matter what she says! =)
It's always fun to see what she'll come up with next. She has a definite God given talent for photography! She inspires me!"
September 19th, 2007
Aaron Frost Photography says:
"Sally has a definate promise to be a great portrait photographer. Her self-portrait ideas are always exiting and exelent no matter how non-creative she may think they are. She was one of the friends that got me started on photography and is a great encouragement on flickr."
August 23rd, 2007
"After viewing many of Sally's photos, I am continually impressed at the new ideas she comes up with. Although modest and new to photography, I believe she was born with a real talent and an eye for good compositions. I always look forward to her new photos and look forward to seeing her talents grow. Well worth adding as one of your contacts, you won't be disappointed. All the best my friend, and keep up the great work!"
August 7th, 2007
Allyn (allynedmonds.com) says:
"Sally is a very talented and special friend. Her self portraits are wonderful and I sign on to Flickr hoping that she has posted yet another portrait for us to admire. She's fairly new at photography, but with what she has shown so far, there's no doubt we'll be hearing a lot more about her.
Add her as a contact now so you don't miss anything that's coming from her in the future.
Keep up the good work my dear friend! =)"
July 20th, 2007
- May 2007
- nikkori_warai [at] yahoo.com