Thanks for visiting!
What do I do in real life? I am a biologist by training who now works as a Bioinformatics Scientists - meaning I program computers to study biology. Some of my programs for biology can be seen on my software website Algosome Software
Photography has been a hobby of mine for over a decade now. Be it having less time, preoccupied with other hobbies, finding new locations, or just less inspiration, I find I don't travel as much exclusively for photography. But that makes every trip I take that much more meaningful.
All of my photographs on flickr are © Copyright Greg Cope, All Rights Reserved. If you wish to use a photograph of mine, please contact me. More of my work can be seen on my photo webpage at Nature Focused
I don't comment on photos as much as I used to. Its not for a lack of good quality here and elsewhere. It is more to a lack of time and changing priorities, the result of which is that I'm not much of a social networker (and lets face it, photo sharing sites like flickr tend to be very social networking centric, which makes it difficult and time consuming to give and take beyond than that).
Photos of copeg (1)
- The Sierra Nevada Collection 1,901 photos, 167 members
- California Currents 14,794 photos, 388 members
- Absolutely Stunning 'Scapes ***INVITED PHOTOS ONLY*** 31,821 photos, 9,037 members
- Tidepools 5,485 photos, 286 members
- Eastern Sierra (Wildflowers & Wildlife) 951 photos, 61 members
- Hawaii Paradise 69,085 photos, 3,146 members
- Northern California Photography 204,095 photos, 5,494 members
- Backcountry Only 236 photos, 32 members
- *Earth's Natural Photography* 53,919 photos, 1,382 members
- Mountain Trail Photo Nature Photography Group (POST 1/COMMENT 3) 6,702 photos, 481 members
- Macro 932,723 photos, 45,666 members
- Field Guide to Insects and Spiders 68,040 photos, 2,545 members
- Birds Photos 3,015,648 photos, 88,035 members
- Born Free, Living Free 138,757 photos, 3,075 members
- Santa Cruz Photography 17,083 photos, 1,277 members
- Nature Abstracted 14,195 photos, 3,070 members
- G Dan Mitchell's "Sierra Nevada - Photographs from the Range o 17,180 photos, 932 members
- The Yosemite Bear Project 48 photos, 75 members
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L 48,281 photos, 1,658 members
- Adventure Photography 8,365 photos, 318 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 20,685 photos, 3,039 members
- Photoshop Support Group 327,685 photos, 35,933 members
- Adobe Lightroom 56,489 photos, 26,713 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,248,509 photos, 77,170 members
- 1-2-3 503,186 photos, 17,112 members
- All Favourite Photos 29,616 photos, 3,396 members
- Taken in a place with no name 136 photos, 76 members
- California Pictorial 9,634 photos, 168 members
- The Ultimate Collection 99 photos, 40 members
- Feathers+Beaks=Birds (P2 / C2) 195,657 photos, 7,472 members
- LightSearchers 168 photos, 42 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,365 photos, 4,799 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 105,599 photos, 4,634 members
- 100 + Viewed Natural Landscapes (add1, com.1) Break Rules = Ban 37,997 photos, 3,682 members
- NaturePhotographs 278,169 photos, 8,459 members
- Golden Photographer (Invite Only Images and +10Faves) 25,352 photos, 5,411 members
- Flickr Elite Group 716,945 photos, 14,833 members
- Chosen Challengers Challenges 2,935 photos, 250 members
- Nature's Call. 166,798 photos, 4,046 members
- We travel the World 1,421,856 photos, 49,108 members
- Mountain Light (Invited photos ONLY) 843 photos, 210 members
- Ted and Mike's Photo Group 2 photos, 8 members
- Midpeninsula Regional Open Space 1,268 photos, 117 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 375,486 photos, 31,420 members
- Extreme California: new contest for group icon 197 photos, 46 members
- *ABW* Gallery - by invitation only 1,028 photos, 1,504 members
- Canon 17-40 f/4L USM Group 213,796 photos, 10,540 members
- >>> Art Wolfe Inspired <<< 2,968 photos, 200 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 60,953 photos, 12,045 members
- Excellence in Scenic Landscape Photography (Invited Photos Only) 173 photos, 287 members
Buck Forester says:
"When Greg goes on a backpacking trip I get excited because I know he's going to come back with some freaking crazy awesome images of my favorite places! He points his camera at beautiful scenery, and I know the effort required to haul the photo equipment around the wilderness, up and down passes, and swatting mosquitoes between shots, ha! If I were a publisher needing a photographer to come back with some consistently great shots of a backpacking adventure, Greg would be up there at the top of my list. He's guaranteed to come back with breathtaking images. He has the talent, the passion, and the wilderness know-how to capture the most beautiful scenery in all kinds of conditions. But most of all I love that he explores the same areas as me and I am always eager (and impressed) to see how he captures the lakes, meadows, streams, and mountains of the High Sierra. I'm sure we'll take an adventure together sometime."
February 18th, 2008
Mac Danzig Photography says:
"Greg's photostream epitomizes everything I dream to be able to do with nature photography. His entire portfolio is incredible. For the best nature and outdoors photos on Flickr, look no further."
January 8th, 2008
"I have known Greg for sometime now through Flickr. All I can say is he is an extremely dedicated and passionate nature lover, a very talented photographer and a real great helpful guy. I wish him all the success in his life in whatever he wants to achieve. Great going Greg and would love to see more of your work in future. ~deb"
September 24th, 2007
"When I stumbled onto Greg's stream I stopped and settled in, knowing I'd be there for awhile; the first image I saw had that tell-tale look of someone that started out in film, carrying on the Rowell tradition of mastering the extreme contrasts of high alpine scenery. As for his collection, I don't have enough words. He's in that group that I always think of as 'photographers'...while I just screw around, hoping that something mediocre will come out better once processed and mounted...lol.
I'd fave most everything he has but would run out of room...I just added him as a contact instead so I can be inspired to try harder, and unfold the tripod, and make that extra trip down the coast, get up earlier...basically inspired to see just what photography can be. Check him out..."
July 1st, 2007
Mono Andes says:
"Sorry in spanish.
Es realmente un placer entrar a la galería de Greg y disfrutar de la naturaleza y los paisajes de la Sierra Nevada de California, en maravillosos lugares que invitan a montar el campamento y a recorrer estas montañas y sus parques.
Felicitaciones por todas las fotos y no se arrepentirán de entrar a esta galería."
May 10th, 2007
Mike Matenkosky says:
"I haven't met Greg yet, but I've known Greg for a few years from different backpacking and photography forums. Greg is a very talented photographer and hope to meet him soon!"
April 18th, 2007
"Greg is an exceptional landscape photographer and I always enjoy a casual stroll through his photostream. Flickr is such an amazing place with such exceptional talent - and Greg is one of those who makes it just that.
Keep up the good work!
March 21st, 2007
"I'm happy to be the first person to provide a testimonial for Greg. His photostream is inspiring and of the highest quality, most notably in his work in the deepest wilderness of the High Sierra. He has brought back treasures for all of us during his journeys and has been kind enough to share that experience on Flickr. Be sure to take the time to enjoy it."
December 7th, 2006
- Greg Cope
- June 2006
- Menlo Park, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Nature Photography by Greg Cope