View my most 'interesting' works
See what's been in explore.
View my stream at Flickriver.
Why the name?
Elvis had already been taken many times over, as has my given name (Paul Ewbank). One doppleganger (dopplenamer?) had too lengthy a criminal record for Human Resources types, at one time. The moniker was easy to remember and, at the time I joined Flickr, unique in Google searches.
What is here?
I am a photography hobbyist, vainly hoping to have the time needed to improve framing, composition, exposure, printing... When I don't have time to make new images I upload public domain work for others to share (Use Flickr as an archive).
Why the (animated stereo) GIFs?
This presentation makes parallax, and thus an illusion of stereo, visible to people with one eye. Close one eye and try it.
Currently, the cameras getting most use are:
Olympus XZ-1 (small, fast lens, cheap)
Olympus sp550UZ (great zoom in a small size)
Fuji X-S1 (great zoom lens with better than XZ-1 image quality)
Nikon FM2 (Manual never goes out of style)
Voigtlander Bessa-II folder (Big pictures in a smallish camera)
Stereo Realist (half-frame stereo images but built like a tank)
Noncommercial software I use happily includes
Stereophotomaker (for stereo/3D images)
Picturenaut (for HDR)
Irfanview (photo editing)
Commercial software I use happily includes
PictureWindow Pro (photo editing)
Adobe Lightroom (rescue poorly exposed images)
Olympus Viewer 3 (distortion correction)
DXO filmpack 3 (Thank you DXO for a gratis version)
Licensing (because some have asked)
A lot of material in my stream is creative commons or public domain. You are encouraged to use it, propagate it, and keep it alive. The photos I have created are shared under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. If you find a license needs updating (from an earlier version) before you can use it, let me know. If you use an image and want to be especially wonderful please give me a shout-out and/or reference the source page.
Some images are not my creation. Check the details underneath for the source then check their restrictions on use. My "fair use" of the images may not match your intended use, so you must be the judge.
Images with all rights reserved I am happy to be blogged, so don't hesitate to ask. Very few images are offered with all rights reserved in attempt to control the way they propagate. This is an experiment unrelated to remuneration.
- blurism 69,145 photos, 2,574 members
- Universal Art 388,926 photos, 7,275 members
- Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 44,166 photos, 1,914 members
- From The Darkness 6,447 photos, 517 members
- Vintage Advertising 133,530 photos, 7,940 members
- Vintage Newspapers 1,593 photos, 299 members
- Negative Space 39,986 photos, 4,266 members
- Tributo a Francesca Woodman / Tribute to Francesca Woodman 4,066 photos, 614 members
- Noémie / Théatre 4,189 photos, 319 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates - Urban Creatives 156,991 photos, 3,976 members
- in explore 671,547 photos, 59,853 members
- ≈ monochrome ≈ 424,949 photos, 11,987 members
- Crepuscular Rays / 天使の階段 854 photos, 184 members
- 12 by 12 - Challenge #7 187 photos, 129 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 94,634 photos, 8,784 members
- Back-Sight / 背影 16,766 photos, 1,530 members
- Nikon FM2 94,438 photos, 5,797 members
- Of Me 214,523 photos, 15,578 members
- Critique 2 2,495 photos, 2,129 members
- Photography Critique 5,061 photos, 15,484 members
- Graphic Design 235,576 photos, 25,682 members
- VPU L01 (P1 / A3) 72,153 photos, 3,393 members
- Time Team Fans 234 photos, 36 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 343,375 photos, 23,745 members
- 街の断片・記憶 / street fragment・storage <No people> 29,386 photos, 398 members
- Still Life Photography 98,597 photos, 8,960 members
- FUJIFILM X-S1 20,353 photos, 534 members
- Fujifilm FinePix X-S1 11,437 photos, 267 members
- Olympus Users 568,002 photos, 9,399 members
- Vivian Maiers style 44,084 photos, 1,300 members
- Creative Differences = Experimental photographers 3,183 photos, 191 members
- Experimental Photography Techniques 5,330 photos, 563 members
- Experimental Dream 229,353 photos, 9,408 members
- matsuri - 祭 11,816 photos, 943 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 606,035 photos, 42,033 members
- Optiko (Analogue Photography Journal) Submissions 35,773 photos, 1,061 members
- Fukuoka 15,888 photos, 762 members
- Crypto-Forestry 190 photos, 61 members
- CCM - Cheap Camera Marvels 1,239 photos, 384 members
- Upstate New York (location required) 54,329 photos, 2,406 members
- Small Sensor Cameras 7,239 photos, 86 members
- Assignment52 - A Weekly Photo Adventure 6,680 photos, 723 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,177,334 photos, 76,559 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 144,582 photos, 9,532 members
- NPR Look At This 159,922 photos, 6,329 members
- Stereotach 15 photos, 2 members
- We are all in the gutter ... 403 photos, 60 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 9,331 photos, 1,242 members
- 6x9 Photography 18,925 photos, 1,685 members
- Very Long Exposure (30 seconds or more) 55,636 photos, 5,842 members
Thiophene_Guy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- April 2007