Shashwat Nagpal Photography
Delhi Fotographers Club
I am Shashwat Nagpal, (b. 1980, New Delhi, India). I am a Photographer and User Experience Designer. I enjoy clicking people, objects, architecture, glamour and life. And I love to create simpler, faster and better experience for online lives of people.
Presently working as a Sr. Manager, User Experience with Astadia, Inc. for bread and butter. At Astadia I am heading the Interactive and Print Design BU in India.
I have been involved in photography since childhood when my father gifted me my first manual SLR camera. I view the art of photography as a subtractive process, a distilling of reality into a personal vision. As such I often use the tools of modern photography – different film stocks, filters, digital enhancement – to try to capture in an image the emotions I felt at the moment I tripped the camera's shutter.
Two of my great passions in life are travel and photography. I believe that travel broadens one's view of the world. Experiencing other cultures, meeting people from other communities and other countries and seeing the beauty, and sometimes ugliness, of the world has helped me understand that all of our lives are at once interconnected and individual. It has made me better appreciate my own home and culture as well as that of the people I've met and the lands I've seen and I have become a much more tolerant person as a result. Through my photography I seek to document my own personal experiences, to capture scenes and events as I see them and to share with others the beauty and diversity of the world I've seen. As the images of other photographers have inspired me to explore the world, I hope my own contributions will inspire others to do the same.
After grad school I embarked upon a series of trips to far-flung locations, camera always in hand, which resulted in an ever-growing library of photographs documenting my adventures and experiences. In 2004 I built a personal virtual gallery on the Internet to share with family and friends and was surprised when I received my first request for a print from a complete stranger who had happened upon my web site. Thus, a serious hobby began to transform into a business.
So far my images have been used by Beefeater London, Nikon, ibibo.com, Radio One Delhi and several other websites and organizations.
Recently, one of my pictures was selected for exhibition in Norway. Which was inaugurated by HH Princess of Norway.
All my images are available for publication, but they are NOT FREE. The fee for using a photo is determined by how it will be used. Please send details about the usage of the image i.e. magazine, corporate report, brochure, newspaper, editorial, etc, then comes the place of the image (front page, inside page, last page, inside page), size of the image (i/4, 1/2, full page), circulation numbers, regional, national, international, etc. I will quote reasonable rate and then send you a high res at short notice via snail mail in CD/ DVD or FTP upload.
WARNING: I, Shashwat Nagpal, reserve the right to sue any unauthorized users of my image or part of any image. If you violate my intellectual property you may be liable for: actual damages, loss of income, and profits you derive from the use of this image or part of the image, and, where appropriate, the costs of collection and/or statutory damages up to $150,000 (USD).
Canon Digital EOS 5D Mark II
Canon Digital Rebel XTi, in India popularly known as EOS 400D
Canon EOS 30
Sony DSC-V3 semi pro point n shoot camera
Minolta 505si Dynax Automatic SLR
Zenit Manual SLR
With various lenses
Canon EF 17 - 40mm f/4 USM
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II USM
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM
Helios 58mm f2
MC 3M-5CA 500mm f/8
Minolta 35-70mm lens f/3.5-4.5
DFC - The Photography Nexus!
To join us on Weekly photo walks in New Delhi and other parts of India Visit this group on Google Groups and join our Mailing List
Talk, Share, Learn and See our image pool on Flickr
Photos of Shashwat_Nagpal (9)
- *Karma* 925,702 photos, 17,346 members
- Yashica Electro 35 38,577 photos, 6,526 members
- Polaroid SX 70 113,858 photos, 17,212 members
- Speak Up For Peace (read rules before posting) 70 photos, 860 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 55,608 photos, 7,294 members
- EOS Adventure 445,506 photos, 8,344 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 72,841 photos, 6,095 members
- The Vanishing Night ( A Light Pollution Group) 6,130 photos, 940 members
- Portraits On Film 7,618 photos, 2,661 members
- I Shoot Film 2,597,996 photos, 110,509 members
- LOMO 223,705 photos, 38,490 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 216,003 photos, 20,920 members
- Bhutan, Beyond Heaven and the Earth... 11,250 photos, 451 members
- Zenit Users 77,945 photos, 7,416 members
- Blue Hour Group 43,796 photos, 4,422 members
- South and Latin American Indians 5,773 photos, 1,000 members
- Fashion Delhi 2,609 photos, 586 members
- Self-Portraits! 482,760 photos, 46,620 members
- Male Self Portrait 4,193 photos, 426 members
- Chandigarh Fotography Club (CFC) 14,359 photos, 652 members
- Faridabad Fotography Club (FFC) 1,214 photos, 89 members
- Phototuts+ 69,445 photos, 2,749 members
- Association of Indian Photographers 34,387 photos, 1,595 members
- Emotional Portraits (Post 1 comment on 1) 1,708 photos, 222 members
- Mumbai Weekend Shoot (MWS) 56,416 photos, 3,437 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 400,259 photos, 103,392 members
- Mediterranean Living 827 photos, 160 members
- Alien Bees 66,301 photos, 7,303 members
- Strobist.com 604,839 photos, 123,635 members
- Lighting Essentials 95,469 photos, 8,367 members
- StroBost 675 photos, 100 members
- Hyderabad Photography Club (HPC) 75,868 photos, 3,957 members
- Strobist India 1,314 photos, 364 members
- Friends of CUC 203 photos, 39 members
- Trinitas Art 50 photos, 26 members
- Selfportrait performace (acting a part...) 2,187 photos, 346 members
- Monthly Selfportrait 1,575 photos, 352 members
- SelfPortrait Theraphy PROJECT 14,895 photos, 1,750 members
- Selfportrait - Autoretrato 2,635 photos, 1,733 members
- Trinitas MicroStock Imaging 589 photos, 125 members
- Canon Camera 387,872 photos, 3,045 members
- Dilli 6 1 photo, 1 member
- GPC - Gurgaon Photography Club 7,716 photos, 662 members
- How do you see the world? 84,557 photos, 2,473 members
- Flickr's Warm Lighting (Post 1- Comment on 2) 45,199 photos, 3,479 members
- Spirituality/Espiritualidade 3,075 photos, 849 members
- Varanasi/Benares 11,303 photos, 1,038 members
- Hinduism 16,031 photos, 1,013 members
- Sadhus 2,948 photos, 560 members
- Helvetica 3,174 photos, 1,547 members
"you are too good as a photographer...
keep it up!!"
July 6th, 2008
"He calls himself an amateur photographer but some of his work is exceptional!
The perspective on this was real good
Start considering yourself a pro now, probably your profile needs an update after this. :D
July 26th, 2006
- Shashwat Nagpal
- December 2005
- New Delhi, India
- New Delhi, India
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Graphic Designer, UI Desiger & Developer and Information Architect
- Shashwat Nagpal's Portfolio and Blog