I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 123 photos, 21 members
- vintage goodies 37,703 photos, 1,462 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 572 photos, 99 members
- one good loaf 425 photos, 122 members
- You Are a Dog People 62,710 photos, 2,597 members
- Little Lambs 2,921 photos, 631 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 9,495 photos, 990 members
- Missouri Photographers 61,351 photos, 1,125 members
- Rustic food 22,140 photos, 1,140 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,443 photos, 196 members
- Gardening Ephemera 455 photos, 104 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 3,042 photos, 512 members
- Vintage decorating 25,911 photos, 2,483 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 18,739 photos, 2,404 members
- California Pottery 880 photos, 112 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 289 photos, 77 members
- Italian Food 26,419 photos, 2,228 members
- For The Love of Bread 9,050 photos, 1,358 members
- Bread Baking 14,186 photos, 1,981 members
- Bread-making 2,706 photos, 367 members
- A Year in Bread 1,323 photos, 229 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare