I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 121 photos, 19 members
- vintage goodies 35,915 photos, 1,409 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 572 photos, 100 members
- one good loaf 425 photos, 122 members
- You Are a Dog People 59,213 photos, 2,474 members
- Little Lambs 2,837 photos, 625 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 9,361 photos, 984 members
- Missouri Photographers 58,151 photos, 1,099 members
- Rustic food 21,010 photos, 1,101 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,427 photos, 191 members
- Gardening Ephemera 402 photos, 101 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 2,976 photos, 480 members
- Vintage decorating 26,046 photos, 2,477 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 18,770 photos, 2,387 members
- California Pottery 672 photos, 103 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 289 photos, 76 members
- Italian Food 25,872 photos, 2,222 members
- For The Love of Bread 9,037 photos, 1,342 members
- Bread Baking 13,995 photos, 1,985 members
- Bread-making 2,659 photos, 356 members
- A Year in Bread 1,296 photos, 227 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare