I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 119 photos, 18 members
- vintage goodies 34,417 photos, 1,352 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 572 photos, 101 members
- one good loaf 435 photos, 122 members
- You Are a Dog People 57,781 photos, 2,398 members
- Little Lambs 2,798 photos, 609 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 9,419 photos, 973 members
- Missouri Photographers 55,504 photos, 1,077 members
- Rustic food 20,060 photos, 1,056 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,359 photos, 186 members
- Gardening Ephemera 398 photos, 101 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 2,934 photos, 465 members
- Vintage decorating 25,704 photos, 2,468 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 18,619 photos, 2,376 members
- California Pottery 668 photos, 103 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 290 photos, 76 members
- Italian Food 25,118 photos, 2,204 members
- For The Love of Bread 8,888 photos, 1,319 members
- Bread Baking 13,816 photos, 1,968 members
- Bread-making 2,649 photos, 350 members
- A Year in Bread 1,278 photos, 228 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare