I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 114 photos, 17 members
- vintage goodies 33,362 photos, 1,296 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 572 photos, 101 members
- one good loaf 435 photos, 122 members
- You Are a Dog People 55,625 photos, 2,317 members
- Little Lambs 2,798 photos, 610 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 9,268 photos, 965 members
- Missouri Photographers 52,456 photos, 1,046 members
- Rustic food 19,073 photos, 1,002 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,314 photos, 182 members
- Gardening Ephemera 386 photos, 100 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 2,875 photos, 441 members
- Vintage decorating 25,257 photos, 2,453 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 18,395 photos, 2,358 members
- California Pottery 664 photos, 102 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 282 photos, 75 members
- Italian Food 24,449 photos, 2,170 members
- For The Love of Bread 8,674 photos, 1,292 members
- Bread Baking 13,517 photos, 1,944 members
- Bread-making 2,614 photos, 345 members
- A Year in Bread 1,251 photos, 221 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare