I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 115 photos, 18 members
- vintage goodies 33,513 photos, 1,313 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 572 photos, 101 members
- one good loaf 435 photos, 122 members
- You Are a Dog People 56,154 photos, 2,332 members
- Little Lambs 2,796 photos, 611 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 9,292 photos, 966 members
- Missouri Photographers 53,215 photos, 1,055 members
- Rustic food 19,304 photos, 1,013 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,324 photos, 183 members
- Gardening Ephemera 388 photos, 100 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 2,886 photos, 451 members
- Vintage decorating 25,419 photos, 2,459 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 18,448 photos, 2,365 members
- California Pottery 664 photos, 102 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 282 photos, 75 members
- Italian Food 24,523 photos, 2,172 members
- For The Love of Bread 8,723 photos, 1,300 members
- Bread Baking 13,608 photos, 1,948 members
- Bread-making 2,626 photos, 345 members
- A Year in Bread 1,251 photos, 222 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare