I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 116 photos, 18 members
- vintage goodies 33,993 photos, 1,331 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 572 photos, 101 members
- one good loaf 435 photos, 122 members
- You Are a Dog People 56,774 photos, 2,359 members
- Little Lambs 2,790 photos, 611 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 9,328 photos, 967 members
- Missouri Photographers 54,386 photos, 1,067 members
- Rustic food 19,701 photos, 1,036 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,341 photos, 184 members
- Gardening Ephemera 397 photos, 100 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 2,929 photos, 454 members
- Vintage decorating 25,711 photos, 2,464 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 18,567 photos, 2,370 members
- California Pottery 667 photos, 103 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 282 photos, 75 members
- Italian Food 24,830 photos, 2,185 members
- For The Love of Bread 8,801 photos, 1,304 members
- Bread Baking 13,711 photos, 1,955 members
- Bread-making 2,648 photos, 350 members
- A Year in Bread 1,258 photos, 223 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare