I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 121 photos, 20 members
- vintage goodies 36,491 photos, 1,444 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 572 photos, 100 members
- one good loaf 425 photos, 122 members
- You Are a Dog People 61,128 photos, 2,555 members
- Little Lambs 2,910 photos, 630 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 9,436 photos, 987 members
- Missouri Photographers 60,195 photos, 1,113 members
- Rustic food 21,693 photos, 1,131 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,434 photos, 192 members
- Gardening Ephemera 455 photos, 104 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 3,038 photos, 497 members
- Vintage decorating 25,852 photos, 2,483 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 18,651 photos, 2,397 members
- California Pottery 849 photos, 107 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 289 photos, 77 members
- Italian Food 26,231 photos, 2,232 members
- For The Love of Bread 9,092 photos, 1,357 members
- Bread Baking 14,265 photos, 1,982 members
- Bread-making 2,679 photos, 360 members
- A Year in Bread 1,319 photos, 228 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare