I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 121 photos, 20 members
- vintage goodies 36,095 photos, 1,434 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 572 photos, 100 members
- one good loaf 425 photos, 122 members
- You Are a Dog People 60,442 photos, 2,530 members
- Little Lambs 2,898 photos, 629 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 9,415 photos, 988 members
- Missouri Photographers 59,462 photos, 1,109 members
- Rustic food 21,422 photos, 1,116 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,426 photos, 192 members
- Gardening Ephemera 455 photos, 104 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 3,031 photos, 493 members
- Vintage decorating 25,840 photos, 2,481 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 18,610 photos, 2,392 members
- California Pottery 848 photos, 106 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 289 photos, 77 members
- Italian Food 26,066 photos, 2,223 members
- For The Love of Bread 9,077 photos, 1,351 members
- Bread Baking 14,215 photos, 1,985 members
- Bread-making 2,671 photos, 357 members
- A Year in Bread 1,315 photos, 227 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare