Hi, I am Alan of Marion, IN. I have been photographing for over 45 years and still have the itch to get out and find the next great shot. I started many years ago photographing neon signs at night and still continue to this day, although there are not as many out there like there used to be. My wife and I began traveling to lighthouses a few years back and I have been shooting them as we go. I also shoot the freighters that sail our Great Lakes by traveling to Port Huron and Sault Ste Marie, MI, both great spots to catch them. I also photograph the trains that pass thru town every day. My digital photos are now shot with a Sony DSC-H3, DSC-H50 or DSC-HX100V which for point and shoots do a really nice job. I just got a new Sony DSC-HX400V in 2015 have really been pleased with it. My scanned 35mm photos were from a variety of Minoltas with a 75-300 zoom.
I really enjoy my Flickr groups & contacts. Being able to see and enjoy the work of others is a great way to pass the time.
Please do not ask me to join or submit a photo to a group that require me to comment on others photos or give rewards/awards. I like to think I still have the ability to determine whether I like a photo well enough to leave a comment.
Do not ask me to join a group that does not have a group icon(unless I know you thru my contacts), not gonna happen and you will be blocked. Do not invite my photos to a group that does not have a group icon, not gonna happen and you will be blocked. Members & groups with no icon are suspicious.
Please do not make me a contact or ask to be a contact if you have nothing available to me and/or you have the generic Flickr icon. You will be blocked. Also if you have porn in your stream do not ask to be a contact or make me a contact of yours. You will be blocked.
All photographs, text and html coding appearing in this/my Flickr site are protected under United States and international copyright laws. No images are within Public Domain. Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration is a violation of copyright.
Please do NOT steal my photos, scans or anything in my photostream for your little blogs or websites, Pinterest or Tumblr, Facebook or any other "social media"., or use them for any commercial or non-commercial, for or non-profit uses and please, don't link to them AT ALL ANYWHERE. ALL photos here are NOT available for purchase. No, you may NOT use them for free, so please don't waste your/my time asking. (That includes the "but we'll give you a photo credit" crowd.)
- Door County 4,597 photos, 318 members
- Door County, Wisconsin 4,243 photos, 311 members
- Residential typologies: world wide 4,779 photos, 120 members
- Sign of the Cow (Giant Cows & Signage) 659 photos, 410 members
- Great Lakes Lighthouses and Beacons 742 photos, 26 members
- Northern Indiana Photographers 663 photos, 27 members
- All Highways and Routes of North America Group 19,379 photos, 72 members
- North American Railroad Stations 7,024 photos, 202 members
- Night Photography Group 209,454 photos, 11,769 members
- The Strange Fascination With Railroad Tracks Club - no 30/60 65,162 photos, 605 members
- Abandoned Motels 884 photos, 196 members
- Identical Digit Numbers 1,252 photos, 82 members
- LOOK ! ******Sorry Group closed until Nov 25 ******* 92,063 photos, 4,485 members
- Stuff on Signs "opted out of 30/60" 4,706 photos, 88 members
- Your photo goes here! no 30/60 850,886 photos, 8,165 members
- Visit CA Route 66 Tour 334 photos, 15 members
- The Glory of the Midwest 30,315 photos, 617 members
- Go Greyhound! 5,161 photos, 327 members
- Grain Elevators: Inside & Out 3,441 photos, 192 members
- Main Street, USA 6,847 photos, 556 members
- Trains and railways 811,933 photos, 4,450 members
- EMD SD60 1,217 photos, 29 members
- Railways in the snow 11,607 photos, 446 members
- Flickr cola فليكر كولا 5,324 photos, 426 members
- *Your city* 6,551 photos, 146 members
- Signs of the Past 1,284 photos, 30 members
- Sign of the Pig (Giant Pigs and Signage) 499 photos, 250 members
- DazzlePix RETRO, VINTAGE & ANTIQUE 3,076 photos, 263 members
- in explore 1,053,860 photos, 85,992 members
- Everything Arizona! (please join) 27,233 photos, 363 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 322,426 photos, 30,659 members
- Roadtrip Nation 1,422 photos, 139 members
- Vancouver, B.C. 68,439 photos, 1,043 members
- Indiana High School gyms 238 photos, 15 members
- GE AC44C6M & AC44C4M Rebuilds 87 photos, 16 members
- Heritage/Special Interest Locomotives & Rolling Stock 17,544 photos, 204 members
- Bridges over ..... 12,711 photos, 848 members
- EMD Locomotive Gallery 20,631 photos, 173 members
- Stacked Type 1,190 photos, 85 members
- Arizona Discovery 95,689 photos, 3,308 members
- Number 66 256 photos, 79 members
- old signs 20,029 photos, 736 members
- flickrailroad 31,472 photos, 540 members
- Mid-Century Modern 24,968 photos, 1,849 members
- Signs, Signs, Ontario and Canadian Signs 179 photos, 17 members
- ~ Just Post Cards~ 21,364 photos, 161 members
- Postcard 8,300 photos, 216 members
- The Chicago Neon Museum. 178 photos, 11 members
- American Fast Food Stories - Geotagged Restaurants 1,540 photos, 20 members
- New Brunswick Photos 23,377 photos, 902 members
Rusty Karr says:
"I cannot believe I haven't written a thank you here to Alan. He has always inspired me to try harder and how to see. His stream is like the best peanuts ever, let me have another, you will think, until the time slips away into an American roadside odyssey of more places than most of us can hope to find.
Alan has always been generous in his time and ideas sharing them with me when I ask or when I'm close to good things to discover in person. Thanks, Alan, knowing you means a lot to me, you have always been a great help."
May 26th, 2012
写真家 / 摄影师 says:
"Alan's a sleeper... he's one of those guys that are always on the job and quiet. I've only just touched the tip of Alan's iceberg known as 'flickr'. He covers things I would like to and he's branched out to light houses and Great Lakes freighters. At this rate I'll always be playing catch up. I think that's kind of nice.
Check out his interests, there's something there for every taste, signs, parks, buildings, trains, lighthouses and more.
September 29th, 2010
- January 2006
- Marion, IN
- I am:
- Male and Taken