If someone would buy me a Pro account I could post more photos and I'd be very grateful.
Your results:You are Superman
You are mild-mannered, good, strong and you love to help others.
Click here to take the "Which Superhero am I?" quiz...
visited 31 states (62%)Create your own visited map of The United States or another interesting project
I'm married, over 21 and enjoy my family and having fun with buddies. I'm just an amateur photographer but have been doing it for almost thirty years so I keep trying. I love cooking and eating good food and enjoy great tasting wine and beer. I'm into biking, hiking, and urban exploration. I love eccentric photos of objects, buildings, etc., that most people never see or pay attention too.
Say hi when you can.
If a photo should not be here let me know and I will remove it.
This is the area I'm from:
Some of what Orange County, NY is famous for:
The oldest carbon dated human settlement in North America (12,500 years old) is found here. More Mastodon skeletons have been unearthed here than any other place on earth.
The 'Onion Capitol of the World'. The black dirt region of Pine Island .
'Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese' was invented in Chester , NY (1872)
'Velveeta' cheese spread (1923) and 'Liederkranz' cheese (1882) were invented in Monroe , NY
First butter factory in America was in Campbell Hall , NY (1859)
The oldest (1839) continuously operating winery in the US is in Washingtonville , NY (The Brotherhood Winery )
The Tuxedo dinner jacket originated in Tuxedo Park , an enclosed community developed by Pierre Lorillard, tobacco magnate (Old Gold), The daughter of Bruce Price, the designer of Tuxedo Park NY (1880), and also a resident, was Emily Post
The Order of the Purple Heart was established by George Washington in Newburgh , NY (1782)
The first Registered National Historic Landmark (1850) is Washington 's Headquarters in Newburgh , NY
The largest number (220+) of discount designer outlets in the US is in Central Valley , NY with 12 million visitors per year ( Woodbury Commons).
The world's first, and still used, trotting track is in Goshen , NY ( Goshen Historic Track ) (est. 1838)
Nearly all trotters and pacers in the US can trace their pedigree to the stallion ' Hamiltonian's of Chester , NY (1849).
The largest living history museum in NYS is Museum Village in Monroe , NY
Bear Mountain State Park has more visitors annually than does Yellowstone National Park .
The main runway at Stewart International Airport (SWF) (formerly Stewart Air Force base) is over two miles long (11,818 feet) and is an alternate landing site for the Space Shuttle. New Windsor , NY
The United States Military Academy at West Point , NY (USMA est. 1778)
The largest Church Organ in the world is at West Point USMA.
Stephen Crane wrote his most popular novel 'The Red Badge of Courage' in Port Jervis , NY .
The Intersection of I-87 and I-84 in Newburgh , NY is
known as the 'Gateway of the Northeast'
The largest sculpture park in the US is the Storm King Art Center in Mountainville , NY , featuring works from artists around the world.
The oldest (1919) continuously operating automobile racing dirt track in the US is the Orange County Fair Speedway, Middletown , NY
'American Chopper', on the Discovery channel, is filmed at ' Orange County Choppers ' in Rock Tavern, NY
The Hudson River , the first explored and most beautiful river in the United States , passing through this area is called 'The Rhine of the Americas '
In 1683, the County of Orange , named for William of Orange (King William III, 1650-1702), was formed.
In 1799, the residents of the southern part of Orange County petitioned the state and broke off to become Rockland County .
Orange County today is almost a half million acres
in size and is dotted with dairy and produce farms, orchards, vineyards, horse ranches and bucolic villages set amongst vast areas of woodlands, rolling hills and glacier carved valleys.
There are three cities within the county's borders: Newburgh , on the Hudson River ; Port Jervis, on the Delaware River; and Middletown , halfway
between the other two.
The County seat of Orange County , NY , is the Village of Goshen .
Of the 10 Counties named Orange in the US , Orange County NY is the oldest (1683). It is 206 years older than Orang e County California (1889), 169 years older than Orange County Texas (1852), 162 years older than Orange
County Florida (1824), 133 years older than Orange County Indiana (1816), 98 years older than Orange County Vermont (1781), 69 years older than Orange County North Carolina (1752), and 51 years older than Orange
County Virginia (1734).
Please drop a line if you feel like chatting or visiting!
- Sport and Celebrity Bulges 13 photos, 1,004 members
- Mushroom beauty (Post 1 - Comment 1) 3,369 photos, 555 members
- Old Lamps 713 photos, 158 members
- Cricket Jockstraps 21 photos, 817 members
- U.S. County Courthouses 34,196 photos, 861 members
- National Register of Historic Places 60,857 photos, 1,014 members
- Insanely Funny Ugly things and stuff 4,601 photos, 347 members
- Jocks Pics 8,440 photos, 1,529 members
- Jockstraped Men 42 photos, 2,361 members
- Commercial Buildings With Towers 1,028 photos, 104 members
- Goatee-Crazy 110 photos, 399 members
- Abandoned New York State 25,174 photos, 833 members
- Then and Now 11,195 photos, 601 members
- Building Demolition and Rebirth 3,574 photos, 228 members
- Historic Water Mills 6,618 photos, 1,100 members
- Providence, RI 13,515 photos, 979 members
- Then & Now! 15,629 photos, 545 members
- Lost American & Canadian Architecture 1,096 photos, 70 members
- Destroyed Works of Art and Architecture 928 photos, 141 members
- New York, Ontario, & Western 577 photos, 43 members
- The Urinal 828 photos, 357 members
- Historic Florida 11,664 photos, 576 members
- Louis Sullivan, Architect 1,038 photos, 186 members
- Greek Revival & Federal Architecture - 1790-1860 3,255 photos, 319 members
- The Art & Architecture of Paul Rudolph 6,157 photos, 621 members
- I Love Old Signs! 84,243 photos, 5,256 members
- Macho bulging 43 photos, 1,433 members
- Historical Signs 5,771 photos, 99 members
- Los Angeles History 6,548 photos, 583 members
- Storm Chasers 34,565 photos, 4,761 members
- Frat Hard, Frat Often 29 photos, 740 members
- Closed for Business - abandoned shops/stores 18,197 photos, 960 members
- Lost New York 3,371 photos, 421 members
- Vintage Gas Stations (buildings) 5,984 photos, 741 members
- Vitrolite Obsession! 1,226 photos, 193 members
- Vintage Drug Stores 2,194 photos, 818 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 21,146 photos, 1,299 members
- Product Logos Pool 115 photos, 348 members
- Main Street, USA 6,874 photos, 561 members
- Early Skyscrapers 322 photos, 43 members
- Copper on Buildings 1,211 photos, 120 members
- Vintage Product Signs/Murals 1,568 photos, 224 members
- American Football Jockstraps 405 photos, 2,781 members
- To Be Demolished 968 photos, 84 members
- Antique Iron 2,413 photos, 189 members
- Male bog graffiti 43 photos, 175 members
- Rugby Jockstraps 86 photos, 1,633 members
- Old Commercial Blocks 5,863 photos, 277 members
- Abandoned Railroad Grades, Bridges, Tunnels--With Location!!! 6,471 photos, 853 members
- Historic Preservation 67,684 photos, 1,299 members
rodsmith3 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- orange county,new york, USA
- I am: