Pretty much a jack-of-all-trades as I've done a little bit of everything. Currently doing specialized administrative work. I have a Certificate of Accomplishment in Electronic Pre-Press (web, Photoshop, DTP, etc.) as I find this sort of stuff fascinating. Finally got off of my butt and completed an A.A. academics program (did the last 14 credits in a year while working full-time) and graduated with a GPA of 3.69 (Cum Laude by the Latin Honors metrics).
Hobbies (in no particular order): computers; graphic design; photography; random art projects; flirting (badly); poi spinning; costuming; technical theater; renfaires; comic books; and action figures. Yes, I'm a bigger geek than "Weird Al's" White & Nerdy - just a lot cooler. ^.^
I have a serious weak-spot for the "geeky, bad grrls." As a kid, I kissed the Blarney Stone and seriously have the gift of gab; I'm smart-ass of the highest order and very snarky/witty/comical with my comments, observations, and responses - you have been warned!
A lot of my photography and design work revolves around form & function ranging from sensuality, myth, fantasy, nature, and architecture - mostly of a light-hearted nature but a little bit of dark stuff as well - so you'll never know what you'll find in my sets. *laughs* My main rule is that I won't post anything I'd be embarrassed to show my mother and/or family. With that in mind, I will post images/videos that I feel will entertain my viewers.
Cosplay photos: In terms of my cosplay photography, I loosely use the term for how I go about things as gonzo. In the spirit of Hunter S. Thompson's style but with photography; get in, frame the shot, take the shot, have a bit of fun, and move on. Two of my personal annoyances are photographers who monopolize a photo-set & models, and then bring in every piece of fancy equipment he/she owns (lenses, filters, lights, reflectors, diffusers, assistants, et al) to a location to get that "perfect" photo. I don't believe in doing this - unless everything is in a studio or completely controlled area - and strip things down and add in effects afterwards if I feel it will add to the mood of the picture or requested by the subject in my photos. I'm of the opinion that if I can't fit it into my camera bag (lenses and flash modifiers are my fanciest add-ons), I don't use it.
While I won't argue that some photographers get amazing photos by using advanced gear, I'm of the opinion that it takes away from the spontaneity and fun of the moment. Cosplay is supposed to be fun and imaginative so I improvise and use what tools I have on hand.
If anyone is curious, I generally convert my photographic images (from November 2015 forward) to ColorMatch RGB. For me, it's a great compromise between the gamut (range) of colors Adobe RGB 1998 uses (1998 is when a new color gamut standard was decided upon, sRBG1966 was internationally decided upon in 1966 as a range of colors used for print from the previous 1931 profile), what my computer monitor sees, and how accurately it prints out. For anyone wanting to get serious about taking their digital art or photography to the next level, I highly recommend learning a bit about color theory and color management's profiles. You will be amazed at how much different things look when you move away from the standard sRGB1966 color management profile.
I'm also conversant (e.g., can get my ideas across) in French (Je parle le français avec l'accent de Belgique.) and American Sign Language. I also know a small bit (couple of words or phrases) of Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, and Gaelic. I also like to character act - which is half the fun of cosplay - and can mimic a multitude of accents.
I currently have no plans for world domination. Trust me. :-D
For the record, I really don't mind people using my photos on different social media sites (e.g., Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, et al) and find it quite humbling and flattering that people like my work well enough to re-post it somewhere else. However, all of my work is under a Creative Commons copyright. What that means: if you use something of mine, you have to provide a link back to the source or provide credit to me. Sounds fair, yes?
The Creative Commons license I use prohibits derivative & commercial usage. In plain language, you can't change my images nor use them for something that makes money without contacting me first. Had a recent issue with a jerk who re-purposed one of my images without permission nor provided credit to me and I had to (unfortunately) involve the DCMA to have the image(s) removed. It sucked having to do this but this person did not play nice nor by the rules and needed to be smacked for this.
Sorry for being a a bit of hard-ass on this. It's for both my and the subject of my photos protection.
I receive frequent invitations to add my photo(s) to various groups depending on the subject. Generally, I accept most of these invitations.
However, I will decline such invitations if the pages in question 1) skew heavily towards nudes images (greater than ten percent), 2) contains explicit sexual material, 3) shows its images to a "members-only" audience (cannot be viewed by the public), and/or 4) locked down as private - the page comes back with a "403 Error - You do not have permission to view this page" warning.
Sorry but I have a responsibility to my models, cosplayers, and friends to not knowingly put their images on questionable sites that they have not given express permission to do so. I'm not going to judge you if that's your thing and it makes you happy but as I stated in my bio, I will not post images that I would be ashamed to show my mother. This also includes groups.
visited 26 states (52%)Create your own visited map of The United States
visited 10 states (4.44%)Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische vertaling duits?
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 3,156 photos, 101 members
- Cosplay Photography 127,337 photos, 7,269 members
- Baltimore Comic-Con 2018 16 photos, 3 members
- DragonCon Cosplay 3,427 photos, 27 members
- DragonCon Superheros and Villians 6,276 photos, 198 members
- DragonCon 2018 5,538 photos, 45 members
- Butterfly Color (New Contest is ON) 137,045 photos, 8,334 members
- Scientific Photographers 29,497 photos, 654 members
- Butterflies of the world 58,812 photos, 2,837 members
- Butterflies! 5 per day! 163,583 photos, 13,873 members
- Dragon Con 2018 1,851 photos, 13 members
- Otakon 2018 30 photos, 2 members
- Wildlife and Nature of DelMarVa 14,441 photos, 188 members
- Wild Birds of North America 172,946 photos, 1,767 members
- wildlife photographers 275,974 photos, 3,881 members
- US Wildlife 36,733 photos, 608 members
- Florida Zoos 6,836 photos, 682 members
- Silver Efex Pro 78,504 photos, 2,883 members
- Bermuda is Another World 6,968 photos, 478 members
- Bermuda 7,013 photos, 358 members
- Puerto Rico Photogrphy 171 photos, 20 members
- Kodak260 Top 100 views 0 photos, 1,572 members
- Best Photos Around the World 339,548 photos, 4,852 members
- Tattoo Gallery 2,024 photos, 309 members
- Tattoos 77,620 photos, 22,281 members
- Flower_Power 156,749 photos, 8,327 members
- Stop-Motion Video 3,510 photos, 2,036 members
- Time Lapse or Still Video and Photos Only 2,359 photos, 705 members
- Time Lapse Videos 11,359 photos, 4,352 members
- Smorgasbord of Beautiful People, Amazing Nature and Places 14,831 photos, 918 members
- Instagram world 68,282 photos, 4,713 members
- The best photographs from around the world 502,935 photos, 21,921 members
- ~Feathers~and~Wings~ 29,219 photos, 261 members
- *I Love Birds* 1,117,080 photos, 21,288 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 265,844 photos, 2,888 members
- Final Fantasy Cosplay 3,798 photos, 516 members
- Katsucon 24 2018 261 photos, 5 members
- !Great Photographers! (more than 30/60 groups welcome) 196,044 photos, 5,904 members
- Anime USA 67 photos, 2 members
- flickr in full color 1,384,460 photos, 19,374 members
- Monster Mayhem 3,476 photos, 143 members
- Spooky 84,951 photos, 6,152 members
- 100 Plus 8,965 photos, 152 members
- Dragon Con 2017 5,916 photos, 45 members
- NOVA Con 27 photos, 1 member
- Otakon 2017 186 photos, 4 members
- Made With Filter Forge 2,256 photos, 69 members
- Nik Color Efex 4 10,531 photos, 322 members
- silvery 648 photos, 120 members
- silver work 14,217 photos, 1,265 members
greyloch doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- born in Baltimore, MD - live outside of Washington, DC
- Washington, DC, area, U.S.A.
- I am:
- Male and Open