I am no purist and have no interest in using what comes straight out of my camera. It's all an illusion and only my perspective.
Don Corleone: We've known each other for many years but this is the first time you've ever come to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee, even though my wife is Godmother to your only child. But, let's be frank here. You never wanted my friendship and you were afraid to be in my debt.
Bonasera: I didn't want to get into trouble.
Don Corleone: I understand. You found paradise in America. You had a good trade, made a good living, the police protected you and there were courts of law and you didn't need a friend like me. But, now you come to me and you say "Don Corleone, give me justice." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into my home on the day my daughter's to be married and you ask me to do murder for money.
Never underestimate the power of relationships and caffeine.
My images are free to use in your personal work, but you may not share, distribute, or claim/imply them to be your own." If you use any images I'd love to see the result. Please post a link or a small photo in the comment section.
- PURE B&W 1,495 photos, 102 members
- Truckin' For America 1,570 photos, 78 members
- My Happy Place~4 pics per day~please comment 26,069 photos, 766 members
- ALL IN A MOMENT.......P1 /C2 *no comment no admission* 4,166 photos, 234 members
- A Real Gem! - Post One ~ Award Three - 10,000+ Members Strong! 438,504 photos, 12,560 members
- Sunset Time (Post 2/Fave or Comment 2) 209,430 photos, 27,878 members
- Great Photos II 1,476 photos, 35 members
- Fantastic Landscapes (P1,A2) 18,000 photos, 705 members
- The Light Fantastic 2,221,003 photos, 71,901 members
- MOST EXCELLENT in Black & White 225,820 photos, 6,944 members
- National Geographic Group 961,047 photos, 30,025 members
- Adventure + Photography (post 1 comment 3) 73,871 photos, 2,880 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:FAV/A3) 662,219 photos, 38,752 members
- Fine Gold 1,762,907 photos, 42,093 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ Post 1, Award 5. 1,192,651 photos, 40,171 members
- FLOOR paradisus 1,292 photos, 100 members
- Captured Waterscapes 12,934 photos, 378 members
- Earth.Wind and Fire (Post and Comment) 35,530 photos, 741 members
- Abstract Impressions 112,021 photos, 8,497 members
- ! !^FreedomHawk Level 1 (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 148,533 photos, 10,176 members
- B&W Feelings [Post 1, Award 3] 98,612 photos, 4,001 members
- Art@City Artists *** Post 1/ Comment 1 72,240 photos, 1,727 members
- PHOTOSHOP hobby 65,679 photos, 3,217 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,373,768 photos, 35,191 members
- The D-Photo 220,389 photos, 3,659 members
- *LEVEL-1:Peace Awards* P1 / A 5 : QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 538,945 photos, 16,845 members
- Textured Trésors 83,507 photos, 3,931 members
- PhotoShop 146,661 photos, 19,080 members
- Photoshop,art 194,963 photos, 10,133 members
- PHOTOSHOP is not a DIRTY WORD (Post 1 - comment 1) 121,167 photos, 9,740 members
- ·Spirit Of Photography (p.1-aw.3) - no group limit 775,635 photos, 30,675 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,447,090 photos, 61,770 members
- Black&White Photo Group 1,063,872 photos, 32,427 members
- Black and White Film 658,235 photos, 14,610 members
- This pic makes me wanna... (comment on the 3 previous pics) 56,809 photos, 6,043 members
- **STARS** (1900-2000) 26,481 photos, 542 members
- ☆Hollywood Movie Stars☆ 16,598 photos, 584 members
- You lookin' at me? 39,242 photos, 2,743 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,248,598 photos, 77,167 members
- 4 wheel drive 16,743 photos, 315 members
- Cars of the 1980's (...and Early 1990's) 72,157 photos, 566 members
- Creative Car and Truck Photography 75,694 photos, 1,601 members
- Old Car's-Trucks (Any Year) 110,328 photos, 1,021 members
- Chevy Blazer/S10/Jimmy/Bravada/Hombre 582 photos, 126 members
- GM Trucks 6,024 photos, 601 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 314,901 photos, 46,042 members
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 82,206 photos, 5,080 members
- Scenic Splendor - Post 1/ Comment 2 30,837 photos, 1,364 members
- fantasy 137,278 photos, 7,793 members
- 911 We Will Never Forget 455 photos, 125 members
brief silver says:
"A (great) guy with an eye! Maybe THE eye to catch the sky and road. Love your work, your imagery."
November 16th, 2009
Jennifers Photography says:
"Paul's photo stream is always a joy to look at. If you follow along with his posts you will find yourself on a journey cross country, taking in the sights from an 18 wheeler.
You'll see glorious sunsets, interesting portraits of people he meets along the way, fantasy creations and landscapes that will blow you away. And I have to mention his love for little Baby James along with his interesting stories and commentaries that add a beautiful dimension to his photography.
I always wondered what life as a trucker would be like and through Paul's photos, we can all get a taste of life on the road.
Paul's a wonderful soul and I'm glad he's a flickr friend of mine. Peruse his stream and he will surely be one of yours, too."
August 22nd, 2009
~ Pinky ~ Jerie Lynn says:
"if you wanta see some beautiful picture from our country, look right here, paul has them, and one of the sweetest people i have ever come across... i love you to pieces paul... keep up the good work, and i no it all comes stright from your big heart :) hugs, Jerie Lynn"
November 15th, 2008
Vivian S. Bedoya says:
"After getting a comment, I reluctantly went to look at "slimeface's" photostream. I was expecting "slimeface has no photos available to you," or worse... Instead, I sat staring at one masterpiece after another, deeply moved by his vision, while uttering one word, over and over again, "WOW!"
Some of the places Paul sees are beautiful; others, he makes beautiful by the way he captures and presents them. He has a wonderful eye and is just incredibly talented. As if that weren't enough, he's also kind, thoughtful and generous with his praise and appreciation of other people's work.
Thank you, Paul, for sharing your world with us."
July 3rd, 2008
"A great photographer and I'm sure about this, a great person too. With Paul you'll discover the United States. Yes: discover. Maybe you have seen the U.S. in movies or even by travelling there, but with Paul you'll do a ride through the U.S. veins: roads, highways and landscapes, always having time to see it's people through the eyes of one of the best hosts you'll desire to have. A truly gift for your eyes.
Un gran fotógrafo y, estoy seguro de esto, una gran persona también. Con Paul descubrirás los Estados Unidos. Si: descubrir. Quizá has visto los EE.UU. en películas o incluso viajando allí, pero con Paul harás un viaje a través de las venas de EE.UU.: sus carreteras, sus autopistas y paisajes, teniendo tiempo siempre para ver su gente a través de los ojos de uno de los mejores anfitriones que desearás tener. Un regalo para tus ojos."
April 3rd, 2008
axiomatic rail says:
"Don't let his screen name fool you - Paul is one of the nicest guys you'll come across on Flickr. For about a year now, he's been a great and loyal Flickr friend. This man and his photography are real and heartfelt. His travels throughout the U.S. show us Americana at its finest. I always look forward to his photographs. Oh, and he has great taste in music, too. :-)) Thank you, Paul for being my Flickr friend."
December 19th, 2007
"Always a kind word...that is Paul (aka Slimeface).
His stunning photography of the open road is always a joy to look at. Take a look at his candid portraits, they are among the best on Flickr. The stories of his travels, and the people he meets along the way, always make me smile.
I am so glad that our Flickr paths have crossed Paul, you are a good friend :-)
November 30th, 2007
Joy bellz says:
"I have been enjoying Paul's beautiful creativity from places he has been now for a while, I look foward to seeing his shots, he brings such a freedom to his pics, the things he shoots and the expressions he shows in each capture is breathtaking, I look foward to seeing his future shots and only hope that i can be as talented as he is one day.
So if you run acroos "Slimeface's" photostream put him in as a contact, because he truly knows the word freedom and expresses it beautifully."
October 26th, 2007
"Slimeface – Paul is one of my favourite flickr photographers. Paul’s journeys take him on continual road trips through the very heart of America. His awesome shots not only portray the marvellous country he sees, but the wonderful people he meets as well. I always look forward to seeing his newest photos. His candid people portraits are unparalleled in their ability to convey the friendliness of everyday people.
I also look to Paul as sort of a flickr mentor. Slimeface, as one of my first contacts, makes me comfortable showcasing my own work. I’ve been viewing Paul’s photostream for a year now, and I look forward to viewing his pics many more years to come."
September 19th, 2007
"Paul's photographs speak volumes about the man and what's important to him. His portraits of people and animals are sympathetic and gentle; his landscapes show his wonder and enjoyment of his surroundings. He is a creative and honest photographer, an unerring supporter of his photographic friends (and, I am sure, of all his friends) and someone whose photos I always look forward to seeing.
A big thank you to one of Flickr's best."
August 17th, 2007
Fairway Kev says:
"Paul has a talent that I aspire to.
Always great, always natural and always supportive.
An immense talent.....When he dosen't drop his camera :)
Your portraits and narrative are the best I have seen on flickr.
Keep em coming dude.
Keep that Nikon in safe hands ;)"
August 8th, 2007
FL Flower says:
"This Florida photographer is one of my favorites. Paul has a real feeling for what's behind his pictures. When he's on the road driving his truck across the country he makes you feel like you're right there with him.
Taking photos of ordinary folks is a talent that many of us would like to have. I appreciate traveling with him even if it's only in his photography. Thankyou Paul!"
February 7th, 2007
Negative Vibes says:
"Look through this stream and meet the man who shoots America. From the hip, the shoulder, the parking lot, the gas station or anywhere else he finds himself across the vast continent of the USA.
He trucks - big tiime. He photographs - even bigger time.
The people he's met, he shoots, the roads and streets he hauls, he shoots, (photographically speaking).
But he writes as well!
Each image cut from his travels carries a message from those same highways. A tale told and an image envied.
He calls himself 'Slimeface'. It should be 'Photographer'.
Correction, make that 'America's Photographer'.
Keep the pedal to the metal and the finger on the shutter buddy, 'cause all we want see is more."
December 29th, 2006
- Photos by Slimeface
- August 2006
- I am: