Please check out my albums first :) Do not judge a book by it's cover - as in my photostream - it is not engineered to have eye catching photos on the first page. Instead please have a look at my albums, where things are sorted and ordered the way I would like them seen.
I hope the tech heads sorts out the customisation of Flickr so we get a better home page and the raw photostream becomes less of a focus and first point of call. Unless things improve I will consider moving to one of the rival services and start again.
I have recently passed the milestone of 7,000,000 views of my images hosted here on Flickr, thanks to all for checking out my photos. I enjoy sharing my photos and art with you all. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - they are appreciated. I have avoided using watermarks as I don't like to disfigure the images. I just trust people not to pilfer my images for use elsewhere unacknowledged for their own profit.
I am not really into the tit-for-tat comments and likes thing to drum up view counts and chase the elusive and coveted 'explored' prize. I just don't have the time to spare. If you add me as a contact I may check out your pics, but may not, sorry in advance.
I now have over 30,000 photos on Flickr as I use the website for screen resolution cloud storage of all my photos. I have uploaded them for family and friends to see, and also to share the places I have travelled with everyone in the world. I have a collection of over 40,000 more to go through, so many more still to be metadata edited and uploaded. I try to have GPS data on all my photos and am enjoying making use of Google Earth, Google Maps and Street View in this process. I am using the Map module in Adobe Lightroom to add the metadata.
If I ever get better internet speeds, I would like to upload all my photos at full resolution. Maybe around 2020...
I am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Nice part of the world, small towns, green hills, close to the beach, nice climate... I tinker with all kinds of digital art software programs on my Apple Mac 27inch 5K or Macbook Air laptop and I also like taking photos - especially when traveling overseas.
I also take videos where I travel, but they are second fiddle to my photo taking. You can see my channel here, loads of recent FZ1000 videos are here, all in 1080p HD:
My current camera is a LUMIX FZ1000 20mp camera with a 1inch; sensor, 4K video, and great zoom lens. I mainly use my camera for wildlife and travel photography. Previously, I owned a full frame DSLR: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 21MP with a 24mm-105mm wide angle zoom lens, 70-200 zoom lens and macro lens. I found the large body and interchangeable lenses to be a drag weight wise when trying to travel light. I intend to travel widely in the next few years and an all in one camera is just easier even if the image quality is only 80% of what is currently possible. The new generation of mirrorless compact interchangeable lens cameras is where I may move to next.
I am also drawn to the fixed prime lens full frame cameras.
Recently I purchased a Ricoh Theta S spherical camera which takes equirectangular photos capable of being seen here as 360 degree panoramas.
I am slowly editing thousands of 35mm colour slides I took all over the world in the 1980s and 1990s... Eventually they will all be up on Flickr in my account. I decided to use a special slide duplicator macro system attached to my pro DSLR to really get good results. The ravages of time have blighted these slides with mould, scratches, and the colours have faded.
I also have many thousands of digital pics and scanned negatives and prints that will be uploaded here as well, as time (and my enthusiasm level) permits.
I am occasionally selling photos with Getty Images, and other stock agencies are being explored as well. I sell prints of my photos on canvas and photo paper and I held an exhibition of my photographs in 2013. If you would like a print of any of my photos on paper or canvas, drop me a line to negotiate.
I am keen to make some photo books, when I have the time to work through the process. I have found an Australian company that is cheaper than the Flickr partner, with acceptable results. I am looking at over 20 books of 120+pages, so price is a factor.
Let me tell you the story about the very successful photographer and the very successful writer, sitting by a gently flowing brook late one afternoon...
The photographer and the writer were in discussion and the writer said to the photographer "You must have a very expensive camera to take such wonderful pictures".
And the photographer replied "You must have a very expensive typewriter to write such wonderful stories".
Photos of Serendigity (5)
- Our Little Planets 4,988 photos, 1,025 members
- Planet 360° 7,613 photos, 1,358 members
- Victoria, Australia 84,956 photos, 2,018 members
- Adelaide 40,130 photos, 1,376 members
- adelaide city 5,318 photos, 223 members
- Adelaide Anywhere 65,472 photos, 221 members
- South Australia 14,877 photos, 602 members
- Tour Down Under 1,107 photos, 59 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 62,051 photos, 1,790 members
- Bamboo Bambu 竹 9,185 photos, 3,520 members
- WW II 46,876 photos, 3,267 members
- New Mexico 83,992 photos, 3,079 members
- National Geographic Society 757,491 photos, 15,998 members
- Get closer to the Moon 17,009 photos, 4,091 members
- Moon lovers 37,022 photos, 5,798 members
- MOON Shots 129,931 photos, 25,943 members
- Moon Pictures 18,847 photos, 3,785 members
- Moon in shot! 25,410 photos, 4,721 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 47,784 photos, 9,979 members
- moon and sky photographs 95,670 photos, 10,328 members
- Grand Canyon National Park 5,158 photos, 966 members
- Antelope Canyon 7,216 photos, 1,539 members
- Canyons of the World 7,476 photos, 1,568 members
- Desert Beauty 42,646 photos, 2,544 members
- Arizona Discovery 83,585 photos, 3,106 members
- Route 66 46,139 photos, 3,139 members
- Travel Photography - Through the eyes of the world 180,548 photos, 5,523 members
- Grand Canyon 31,954 photos, 5,603 members
- Arizona 89,576 photos, 2,715 members
- Arizona Sky 13,384 photos, 626 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row) 106,290 photos, 11,538 members
- Arizona Nature 50,515 photos, 2,237 members
- Natural Arches and Bridges 4,771 photos, 562 members
- arches and curves 2,970 photos, 526 members
- Arches National Park 12,793 photos, 1,951 members
- PRO CYCLING GROUP 16,106 photos, 967 members
- Flickr Friday 27,909 photos, 35,915 members
- Ricoh Theta S 1,681 photos, 258 members
- Ricoh Theta 2,004 photos, 402 members
- Equirectangular 19,004 photos, 3,045 members
- Bryce Canyon National Park 11,645 photos, 1,954 members
- Zion National Park 13,730 photos, 1,812 members
- Desert 50,013 photos, 4,252 members
- Desert Landscapes 32,631 photos, 1,696 members
- Desert Flora 21,304 photos, 1,372 members
- Desert Nature (nothing man-made please) 22,042 photos, 1,940 members
- USA - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 374,008 photos, 10,416 members
- Nature of Wildlife 44,725 photos, 1,153 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 14,424 photos, 1,122 members
- roads 30,845 photos, 2,537 members
Serendigity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer and Arts