Please check out my albums first :) Do not judge a book by it's cover - as in my photostream - it is not engineered to have eye catching photos on the first page. Instead please have a look at my albums, where things are sorted and ordered the way I would like them seen.
I hope Yahoo sorts out the customisation of Flickr so we get a better home page and the raw photostream becomes less of a focus and first point of call. Unless things improve I will consider moving to one of the rival services and start again.
I have recently passed the milestone of 6,000,000 views of my images hosted here on Flickr, thanks to all for checking out my photos. I enjoy sharing my photos and art with you all. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - they are appreciated. I have avoided using watermarks as I don't like to disfigure the images. I just trust people not to pilfer my images for use elsewhere unacknowledged for their own profit.
I am not really into the tit-for-tat comments and likes thing to drum up view counts and chase the elusive and coveted 'explored' prize. I just don't have the time to spare. If you add me as a contact I may check out your pics, but may not, sorry in advance.
I now have over 30,000 photos on Flickr as I use the website for screen resolution cloud storage of all my photos. I have uploaded them for family and friends to see, and also to share the places I have been with the world. I have a collection of over 40,000 to go through, so many more still to be metadata edited and uploaded. I try to have GPS data on all my photos and am enjoying making use of Google Earth, Google Maps and Street View in this process. I am using the Map module in Adobe Lightroom to add the metadata.
If I ever get better internet speeds, I would like to upload all my photos at full resolution. Maybe around 2020...
I am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Nice part of the world, small towns, green hills, close to the beach, nice climate... I tinker with all kinds of digital art software programs on my Apple Mac 27inch 5K or Macbook Air laptop and I also like taking photos - especially when traveling overseas.
I also take videos where I travel, but they are second fiddle to my photo taking. You can see my channel here, loads of recent FZ1000 videos are here, all in 1080p HD:
My current camera is a LUMIX FZ1000 20mp camera with a 1inch; sensor, 4K video, and great zoom lens. I mainly use my camera for wildlife and travel photography. Previously, I owned a full frame DSLR: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 21MP with a 24mm-105mm wide angle zoom lens, 70-200 zoom lens and macro lens. I found the large body and interchangeable lenses to be a drag weight wise when trying to travel light. I intend to travel widely in the next few years and an all in one camera is just easier even if the image quality is only 80% of what is currently possible. The new generation of mirrorless compact interchangeable lens cameras is where I shall move to next.
I am slowly editing thousands of 35mm colour slides I took all over the world in the 1980s and 1990s... Eventually they will all be up on Flickr in my account. I decided to use a special slide duplicator macro system attached to my pro DSLR to really get good results. The ravages of time have blighted these slides with mould, scratches, and the colours have faded.
I also have many thousands of digital pics and scanned negatives and prints that will be uploaded here as well, as time (and my enthusiasm level) permits.
I am occasionally selling photos with Getty Images, and other stock agencies are being explored as well. I sell prints of my photos on canvas and photo paper and I held an exhibition of my photographs in 2013. If you would like a print of any of my photos on paper or canvas, drop me a line to negotiate.
I am keen to make some photo books, when I have the time to work through the process. I have found an Australian company that is cheaper than the Flickr partner, with acceptable results. I am looking at over 20 books of 120+pages, so price is a factor.
Let me tell you the story about the very successful photographer and the very successful writer, sitting by a gently flowing brook late one afternoon...
The photographer and the writer were in discussion and the writer said to the photographer "You must have a very expensive camera to take such wonderful pictures".
And the photographer replied "You must have a very expensive typewriter to write such wonderful stories".
Photos of Serendigity (5)
- Nature of Wildlife 33,289 photos, 944 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 4,890 photos, 785 members
- roads 28,354 photos, 2,316 members
- Road Tripping 124,468 photos, 5,786 members
- Road 23,634 photos, 2,909 members
- Road Trip USA 91,661 photos, 1,869 members
- US Route 66 (The Mother Road) 20,928 photos, 1,305 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 60,221 photos, 2,467 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 68,912 photos, 2,939 members
- Beautiful California 131,716 photos, 3,780 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 159,143 photos, 8,398 members
- yosemite 42,906 photos, 6,199 members
- The Best of San Francisco 24,072 photos, 1,867 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 18,801 photos, 3,525 members
- San Francisco POI 26,693 photos, 1,687 members
- San Francisco Architecture 36,384 photos, 3,373 members
- Vertoramas 14,333 photos, 1,888 members
- Landscapes in an Upright Format 28,732 photos, 3,233 members
- Landscape photography 1,447,376 photos, 69,120 members
- Cloudporn 277,528 photos, 41,176 members
- FLICKR NATURE 2,560,857 photos, 49,146 members
- Square Crop 71,806 photos, 1,716 members
- Ruins 116,975 photos, 7,230 members
- Ruined churches and places of worship 16,929 photos, 2,709 members
- Urban Nature 182,025 photos, 56,974 members
- Landscape 1,000,654 photos, 97,421 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,021,444 photos, 128,711 members
- Rural Decay 225,025 photos, 42,525 members
- Fruit & Veg 218,367 photos, 45,681 members
- Northern Ireland / North of Ireland Photographers 107,278 photos, 2,255 members
- Beautiful Ireland 167,562 photos, 5,818 members
- ...finding ireland... 88,968 photos, 3,080 members
- IRELAND TODAY 72,561 photos, 1,499 members
- Ireland 253,370 photos, 10,398 members
- Cemeteries in Monochrome 10,650 photos, 1,031 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 289,294 photos, 44,201 members
- cemetery stone 37,036 photos, 1,449 members
- Cemeteries, Graveyards, Tombstones, and Mausoleums 29,600 photos, 1,639 members
- Bicycle Racing 41,352 photos, 1,955 members
- cycling 88,527 photos, 6,575 members
- Professionnal Cycling 27,646 photos, 1,746 members
- Tour de France 6,112 photos, 604 members
- Paris B&W (rules apply) 73,601 photos, 10,748 members
- Exploring Paris 52,250 photos, 1,362 members
- Paris street photography - photos de rues 3,764 photos, 4,062 members
- Paris Wonderful City ! 36,614 photos, 2,677 members
- Paris en Photo 181,694 photos, 9,592 members
- Ahhh La France !!! 207,404 photos, 4,753 members
- Regions of France / La France des Régions 122,938 photos, 2,229 members
- Photographs, Landscapes & Monuments of France 91,191 photos, 2,658 members
Serendigity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer and Arts