Please check out my albums first :) Do not judge a book by it's cover - as in my photostream - it is not engineered to have eye catching photos on the first page. Instead please have a look at my albums, where things are sorted and ordered the way I would like them seen.
I hope Yahoo sorts out the customisation of Flickr so we get a better home page and the raw photostream becomes less of a focus and first point of call. Unless things improve I will consider moving to one of the rival services and start again.
I have recently passed the milestone of 6,000,000 views of my images hosted here on Flickr, thanks to all for checking out my photos. I enjoy sharing my photos and art with you all. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - they are appreciated. I have avoided using watermarks as I don't like to disfigure the images. I just trust people not to pilfer my images for use elsewhere unacknowledged for their own profit.
I am not really into the tit-for-tat comments and likes thing to drum up view counts and chase the elusive and coveted 'explored' prize. I just don't have the time to spare. If you add me as a contact I may check out your pics, but may not, sorry in advance.
I now have over 30,000 photos on Flickr as I use the website for screen resolution cloud storage of all my photos. I have uploaded them for family and friends to see, and also to share the places I have been with the world. I have a collection of over 40,000 to go through, so many more still to be metadata edited and uploaded. I try to have GPS data on all my photos and am enjoying making use of Google Earth, Google Maps and Street View in this process. I am using the Map module in Adobe Lightroom to add the metadata.
If I ever get better internet speeds, I would like to upload all my photos at full resolution. Maybe around 2020...
I am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Nice part of the world, small towns, green hills, close to the beach, nice climate... I tinker with all kinds of digital art software programs on my Apple Mac 27inch 5K or Macbook Air laptop and I also like taking photos - especially when traveling overseas.
I also take videos where I travel, but they are second fiddle to my photo taking. You can see my channel here, loads of recent FZ1000 videos are here, all in 1080p HD:
My current camera is a LUMIX FZ1000 20mp camera with a 1inch; sensor, 4K video, and great zoom lens. I mainly use my camera for wildlife and travel photography. Previously, I owned a full frame DSLR: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 21MP with a 24mm-105mm wide angle zoom lens, 70-200 zoom lens and macro lens. I found the large body and interchangeable lenses to be a drag weight wise when trying to travel light. I intend to travel widely in the next few years and an all in one camera is just easier even if the image quality is only 80% of what is currently possible. The new generation of mirrorless compact interchangeable lens cameras is where I shall move to next.
I am slowly editing thousands of 35mm colour slides I took all over the world in the 1980s and 1990s... Eventually they will all be up on Flickr in my account. I decided to use a special slide duplicator macro system attached to my pro DSLR to really get good results. The ravages of time have blighted these slides with mould, scratches, and the colours have faded.
I also have many thousands of digital pics and scanned negatives and prints that will be uploaded here as well, as time (and my enthusiasm level) permits.
I am occasionally selling photos with Getty Images, and other stock agencies are being explored as well. I sell prints of my photos on canvas and photo paper and I held an exhibition of my photographs in 2013. If you would like a print of any of my photos on paper or canvas, drop me a line to negotiate.
I am keen to make some photo books, when I have the time to work through the process. I have found an Australian company that is cheaper than the Flickr partner, with acceptable results. I am looking at over 20 books of 120+pages, so price is a factor.
Let me tell you the story about the very successful photographer and the very successful writer, sitting by a gently flowing brook late one afternoon...
The photographer and the writer were in discussion and the writer said to the photographer "You must have a very expensive camera to take such wonderful pictures".
And the photographer replied "You must have a very expensive typewriter to write such wonderful stories".
Photos of Serendigity (5)
- Ricoh Theta S 1,004 photos, 179 members
- Ricoh Theta 1,554 photos, 324 members
- Equirectangular 17,655 photos, 2,655 members
- Bryce Canyon National Park 11,240 photos, 1,873 members
- Zion National Park 13,203 photos, 1,722 members
- Desert 48,464 photos, 4,196 members
- Desert Landscapes 30,317 photos, 1,632 members
- Desert Flora 18,759 photos, 1,345 members
- Desert Nature (nothing man-made please) 20,449 photos, 1,877 members
- USA - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 345,306 photos, 10,046 members
- Nature of Wildlife 35,145 photos, 988 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 7,296 photos, 988 members
- roads 28,742 photos, 2,343 members
- Road Tripping 126,567 photos, 5,845 members
- Road 24,276 photos, 2,973 members
- Road Trip USA 92,938 photos, 1,883 members
- US Route 66 (The Mother Road) 21,062 photos, 1,319 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 61,324 photos, 2,496 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 69,893 photos, 2,954 members
- Beautiful California 133,402 photos, 3,795 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 161,465 photos, 8,488 members
- yosemite 43,133 photos, 6,232 members
- The Best of San Francisco 24,030 photos, 1,882 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 18,855 photos, 3,534 members
- San Francisco POI 27,218 photos, 1,688 members
- San Francisco Architecture 36,693 photos, 3,383 members
- Vertoramas 14,364 photos, 1,887 members
- Landscapes in an Upright Format 30,616 photos, 3,381 members
- Landscape photography 1,496,682 photos, 70,712 members
- Cloudporn 279,734 photos, 41,689 members
- FLICKR NATURE 2,674,015 photos, 50,507 members
- Square Crop 72,616 photos, 1,730 members
- Ruins 118,037 photos, 7,246 members
- Ruined churches and places of worship 17,163 photos, 2,727 members
- Urban Nature 182,542 photos, 57,579 members
- Landscape 1,008,461 photos, 98,424 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,025,407 photos, 129,039 members
- Rural Decay 226,855 photos, 43,244 members
- Fruit & Veg 220,296 photos, 46,313 members
- Northern Ireland / North of Ireland Photographers 108,167 photos, 2,261 members
- Beautiful Ireland 169,188 photos, 5,854 members
- ...finding ireland... 89,750 photos, 3,084 members
- IRELAND TODAY 73,412 photos, 1,531 members
- Ireland 256,169 photos, 10,498 members
- Cemeteries in Monochrome 10,779 photos, 1,032 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 290,671 photos, 44,499 members
- cemetery stone 37,165 photos, 1,448 members
- Cemeteries, Graveyards, Tombstones, and Mausoleums 30,041 photos, 1,669 members
- Bicycle Racing 42,010 photos, 1,958 members
- cycling 89,171 photos, 6,620 members
Serendigity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer and Arts