Please check out my albums first :) Do not judge a book by it's cover - as in my photostream - it is not engineered to have eye catching photos on the first page. Instead please have a look at my albums, where things are sorted and ordered the way I would like them seen.
I hope Yahoo sorts out the customisation of Flickr so we get a better home page and the raw photostream becomes less of a focus and first point of call. Unless things improve I will consider moving to one of the rival services and start again.
I have recently passed the milestone of 6,000,000 views of my images hosted here on Flickr, thanks to all for checking out my photos. I enjoy sharing my photos and art with you all. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - they are appreciated. I have avoided using watermarks as I don't like to disfigure the images. I just trust people not to pilfer my images for use elsewhere unacknowledged for their own profit.
I am not really into the tit-for-tat comments and likes thing to drum up view counts and chase the elusive and coveted 'explored' prize. I just don't have the time to spare. If you add me as a contact I may check out your pics, but may not, sorry in advance.
I now have over 30,000 photos on Flickr as I use the website for screen resolution cloud storage of all my photos. I have uploaded them for family and friends to see, and also to share the places I have been with the world. I have a collection of over 40,000 to go through, so many more still to be metadata edited and uploaded. I try to have GPS data on all my photos and am enjoying making use of Google Earth, Google Maps and Street View in this process. I am using the Map module in Adobe Lightroom to add the metadata.
If I ever get better internet speeds, I would like to upload all my photos at full resolution. Maybe around 2020...
I am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Nice part of the world, small towns, green hills, close to the beach, nice climate... I tinker with all kinds of digital art software programs on my Apple Mac 27inch 5K or Macbook Air laptop and I also like taking photos - especially when traveling overseas.
I also take videos where I travel, but they are second fiddle to my photo taking. You can see my channel here, loads of recent FZ1000 videos are here, all in 1080p HD:
My current camera is a LUMIX FZ1000 20mp camera with a 1inch; sensor, 4K video, and great zoom lens. I mainly use my camera for wildlife and travel photography. Previously, I owned a full frame DSLR: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 21MP with a 24mm-105mm wide angle zoom lens, 70-200 zoom lens and macro lens. I found the large body and interchangeable lenses to be a drag weight wise when trying to travel light. I intend to travel widely in the next few years and an all in one camera is just easier even if the image quality is only 80% of what is currently possible. The new generation of mirrorless compact interchangeable lens cameras is where I shall move to next.
I am slowly editing thousands of 35mm colour slides I took all over the world in the 1980s and 1990s... Eventually they will all be up on Flickr in my account. I decided to use a special slide duplicator macro system attached to my pro DSLR to really get good results. The ravages of time have blighted these slides with mould, scratches, and the colours have faded.
I also have many thousands of digital pics and scanned negatives and prints that will be uploaded here as well, as time (and my enthusiasm level) permits.
I am occasionally selling photos with Getty Images, and other stock agencies are being explored as well. I sell prints of my photos on canvas and photo paper and I held an exhibition of my photographs in 2013. If you would like a print of any of my photos on paper or canvas, drop me a line to negotiate.
I am keen to make some photo books, when I have the time to work through the process. I have found an Australian company that is cheaper than the Flickr partner, with acceptable results. I am looking at over 20 books of 120+pages, so price is a factor.
Let me tell you the story about the very successful photographer and the very successful writer, sitting by a gently flowing brook late one afternoon...
The photographer and the writer were in discussion and the writer said to the photographer "You must have a very expensive camera to take such wonderful pictures".
And the photographer replied "You must have a very expensive typewriter to write such wonderful stories".
Photos of Serendigity (5)
- Ricoh Theta S 1,079 photos, 193 members
- Ricoh Theta 1,618 photos, 334 members
- Equirectangular 17,910 photos, 2,730 members
- Bryce Canyon National Park 11,306 photos, 1,894 members
- Zion National Park 13,269 photos, 1,734 members
- Desert 48,580 photos, 4,201 members
- Desert Landscapes 30,606 photos, 1,641 members
- Desert Flora 18,834 photos, 1,348 members
- Desert Nature (nothing man-made please) 20,688 photos, 1,888 members
- USA - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 350,171 photos, 10,107 members
- Nature of Wildlife 36,316 photos, 1,011 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 8,379 photos, 1,042 members
- roads 29,013 photos, 2,370 members
- Road Tripping 128,408 photos, 5,902 members
- Road 24,805 photos, 3,025 members
- Road Trip USA 93,929 photos, 1,891 members
- US Route 66 (The Mother Road) 21,264 photos, 1,324 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 62,252 photos, 2,524 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 70,557 photos, 2,969 members
- Beautiful California 134,769 photos, 3,816 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 163,500 photos, 8,556 members
- yosemite 43,335 photos, 6,259 members
- The Best of San Francisco 23,868 photos, 1,894 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 18,926 photos, 3,542 members
- San Francisco POI 27,591 photos, 1,693 members
- San Francisco Architecture 36,818 photos, 3,388 members
- Vertoramas 14,390 photos, 1,888 members
- Landscapes in an Upright Format 32,035 photos, 3,501 members
- Landscape photography 1,536,341 photos, 71,532 members
- Cloudporn 279,915 photos, 41,819 members
- FLICKR NATURE 2,759,416 photos, 51,226 members
- Square Crop 73,446 photos, 1,742 members
- Ruins 118,892 photos, 7,261 members
- Ruined churches and places of worship 17,280 photos, 2,746 members
- Urban Nature 182,665 photos, 58,218 members
- Landscape 1,015,116 photos, 99,942 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,027,836 photos, 129,476 members
- Rural Decay 228,753 photos, 44,559 members
- Fruit & Veg 210,792 photos, 47,329 members
- Northern Ireland / North of Ireland Photographers 108,980 photos, 2,278 members
- Beautiful Ireland 170,652 photos, 5,880 members
- ...finding ireland... 90,309 photos, 3,092 members
- IRELAND TODAY 73,974 photos, 1,552 members
- Ireland 258,166 photos, 10,553 members
- Cemeteries in Monochrome 10,869 photos, 1,033 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 292,173 photos, 44,925 members
- cemetery stone 37,322 photos, 1,452 members
- Cemeteries, Graveyards, Tombstones, and Mausoleums 30,460 photos, 1,686 members
- Bicycle Racing 42,927 photos, 1,957 members
- cycling 89,876 photos, 6,646 members
Serendigity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer and Arts