Please check out my albums first :) Do not judge a book by it's cover - as in my photostream - it is not engineered to have eye catching photos on the first page. Instead please have a look at my albums, where things are sorted and ordered the way I would like them seen.
I hope the tech heads sorts out the customisation of Flickr so we get a better home page and the raw photostream becomes less of a focus and first point of call. Unless things improve I will consider moving to one of the rival services and start again.
I have recently passed the milestone of 7,000,000 views of my images hosted here on Flickr, thanks to all for checking out my photos. I enjoy sharing my photos and art with you all. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - they are appreciated. I have avoided using watermarks as I don't like to disfigure the images. I just trust people not to pilfer my images for use elsewhere unacknowledged for their own profit.
I am not really into the tit-for-tat comments and likes thing to drum up view counts and chase the elusive and coveted 'explored' prize. I just don't have the time to spare. If you add me as a contact I may check out your pics, but may not, sorry in advance.
I now have over 30,000 photos on Flickr as I use the website for screen resolution cloud storage of all my photos. I have uploaded them for family and friends to see, and also to share the places I have travelled with everyone in the world. I have a collection of over 40,000 more to go through, so many more still to be metadata edited and uploaded. I try to have GPS data on all my photos and am enjoying making use of Google Earth, Google Maps and Street View in this process. I am using the Map module in Adobe Lightroom to add the metadata.
If I ever get better internet speeds, I would like to upload all my photos at full resolution. Maybe around 2020...
I am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Nice part of the world, small towns, green hills, close to the beach, nice climate... I tinker with all kinds of digital art software programs on my Apple Mac 27inch 5K or Macbook Air laptop and I also like taking photos - especially when traveling overseas.
I also take videos where I travel, but they are second fiddle to my photo taking. You can see my channel here, loads of recent FZ1000 videos are here, all in 1080p HD:
My current camera is a LUMIX FZ1000 20mp camera with a 1inch; sensor, 4K video, and great zoom lens. I mainly use my camera for wildlife and travel photography. Previously, I owned a full frame DSLR: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 21MP with a 24mm-105mm wide angle zoom lens, 70-200 zoom lens and macro lens. I found the large body and interchangeable lenses to be a drag weight wise when trying to travel light. I intend to travel widely in the next few years and an all in one camera is just easier even if the image quality is only 80% of what is currently possible. The new generation of mirrorless compact interchangeable lens cameras is where I may move to next.
I am also drawn to the fixed prime lens full frame cameras.
Recently I purchased a Ricoh Theta S spherical camera which takes equirectangular photos capable of being seen here as 360 degree panoramas.
I am slowly editing thousands of 35mm colour slides I took all over the world in the 1980s and 1990s... Eventually they will all be up on Flickr in my account. I decided to use a special slide duplicator macro system attached to my pro DSLR to really get good results. The ravages of time have blighted these slides with mould, scratches, and the colours have faded.
I also have many thousands of digital pics and scanned negatives and prints that will be uploaded here as well, as time (and my enthusiasm level) permits.
I am occasionally selling photos with Getty Images, and other stock agencies are being explored as well. I sell prints of my photos on canvas and photo paper and I held an exhibition of my photographs in 2013. If you would like a print of any of my photos on paper or canvas, drop me a line to negotiate.
I am keen to make some photo books, when I have the time to work through the process. I have found an Australian company that is cheaper than the Flickr partner, with acceptable results. I am looking at over 20 books of 120+pages, so price is a factor.
Let me tell you the story about the very successful photographer and the very successful writer, sitting by a gently flowing brook late one afternoon...
The photographer and the writer were in discussion and the writer said to the photographer "You must have a very expensive camera to take such wonderful pictures".
And the photographer replied "You must have a very expensive typewriter to write such wonderful stories".
Photos of Serendigity (5)
- New Mexico 81,420 photos, 3,068 members
- National Geographic Society 695,799 photos, 15,112 members
- Get closer to the Moon 16,057 photos, 3,928 members
- Moon lovers 35,662 photos, 5,643 members
- MOON Shots 127,891 photos, 25,802 members
- Moon Pictures 17,753 photos, 3,620 members
- Moon in shot! 24,364 photos, 4,552 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 45,908 photos, 9,730 members
- moon and sky photographs 90,961 photos, 9,928 members
- Grand Canyon National Park 5,022 photos, 942 members
- Antelope Canyon 7,076 photos, 1,518 members
- Canyons of the World 7,246 photos, 1,548 members
- Desert Beauty 40,469 photos, 2,463 members
- Arizona Discovery 81,663 photos, 3,059 members
- Route 66 44,973 photos, 3,133 members
- Travel Photography - Through the eyes of the world 144,522 photos, 4,842 members
- Grand Canyon 31,548 photos, 5,565 members
- Arizona 87,937 photos, 2,683 members
- Arizona Sky 13,039 photos, 611 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row) 104,544 photos, 11,412 members
- Arizona Nature 49,177 photos, 2,180 members
- Natural Arches and Bridges 4,768 photos, 561 members
- arches and curves 2,980 photos, 513 members
- Arches National Park 12,693 photos, 1,909 members
- PRO CYCLING GROUP 15,856 photos, 950 members
- Flickr Friday 26,216 photos, 34,729 members
- Ricoh Theta S 1,311 photos, 215 members
- Ricoh Theta 1,753 photos, 360 members
- Equirectangular 18,387 photos, 2,874 members
- Bryce Canyon National Park 11,440 photos, 1,925 members
- Zion National Park 13,510 photos, 1,779 members
- Desert 49,108 photos, 4,219 members
- Desert Landscapes 31,328 photos, 1,665 members
- Desert Flora 19,238 photos, 1,361 members
- Desert Nature (nothing man-made please) 21,246 photos, 1,912 members
- USA - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 361,490 photos, 10,263 members
- Nature of Wildlife 39,758 photos, 1,073 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 11,238 photos, 1,097 members
- roads 29,888 photos, 2,441 members
- Road Tripping 132,648 photos, 6,009 members
- Road 26,157 photos, 3,156 members
- Road Trip USA 96,731 photos, 1,913 members
- US Route 66 (The Mother Road) 21,648 photos, 1,347 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 64,317 photos, 2,592 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 72,507 photos, 3,009 members
- Beautiful California 137,583 photos, 3,856 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 168,024 photos, 8,710 members
- yosemite 43,744 photos, 6,325 members
- The Best of San Francisco 23,799 photos, 1,905 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 19,079 photos, 3,569 members
Serendigity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer and Arts