Please check out my albums first :) Do not judge a book by it's cover - as in my photostream - it is not engineered to have eye catching photos on the first page. Instead please have a look at my albums, where things are sorted and ordered the way I would like them seen.
I hope the tech heads sorts out the customisation of Flickr so we get a better home page and the raw photostream becomes less of a focus and first point of call. Unless things improve I will consider moving to one of the rival services and start again.
I have recently passed the milestone of 7,000,000 views of my images hosted here on Flickr, thanks to all for checking out my photos. I enjoy sharing my photos and art with you all. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - they are appreciated. I have avoided using watermarks as I don't like to disfigure the images. I just trust people not to pilfer my images for use elsewhere unacknowledged for their own profit.
I am not really into the tit-for-tat comments and likes thing to drum up view counts and chase the elusive and coveted 'explored' prize. I just don't have the time to spare. If you add me as a contact I may check out your pics, but may not, sorry in advance.
I now have over 30,000 photos on Flickr as I use the website for screen resolution cloud storage of all my photos. I have uploaded them for family and friends to see, and also to share the places I have travelled with everyone in the world. I have a collection of over 40,000 more to go through, so many more still to be metadata edited and uploaded. I try to have GPS data on all my photos and am enjoying making use of Google Earth, Google Maps and Street View in this process. I am using the Map module in Adobe Lightroom to add the metadata.
If I ever get better internet speeds, I would like to upload all my photos at full resolution. Maybe around 2020...
I am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Nice part of the world, small towns, green hills, close to the beach, nice climate... I tinker with all kinds of digital art software programs on my Apple Mac 27inch 5K or Macbook Air laptop and I also like taking photos - especially when traveling overseas.
I also take videos where I travel, but they are second fiddle to my photo taking. You can see my channel here, loads of recent FZ1000 videos are here, all in 1080p HD:
My current camera is a LUMIX FZ1000 20mp camera with a 1inch; sensor, 4K video, and great zoom lens. I mainly use my camera for wildlife and travel photography. Previously, I owned a full frame DSLR: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 21MP with a 24mm-105mm wide angle zoom lens, 70-200 zoom lens and macro lens. I found the large body and interchangeable lenses to be a drag weight wise when trying to travel light. I intend to travel widely in the next few years and an all in one camera is just easier even if the image quality is only 80% of what is currently possible. The new generation of mirrorless compact interchangeable lens cameras is where I may move to next.
I am also drawn to the fixed prime lens full frame cameras.
Recently I purchased a Ricoh Theta S spherical camera which takes equirectangular photos capable of being seen here as 360 degree panoramas.
I am slowly editing thousands of 35mm colour slides I took all over the world in the 1980s and 1990s... Eventually they will all be up on Flickr in my account. I decided to use a special slide duplicator macro system attached to my pro DSLR to really get good results. The ravages of time have blighted these slides with mould, scratches, and the colours have faded.
I also have many thousands of digital pics and scanned negatives and prints that will be uploaded here as well, as time (and my enthusiasm level) permits.
I am occasionally selling photos with Getty Images, and other stock agencies are being explored as well. I sell prints of my photos on canvas and photo paper and I held an exhibition of my photographs in 2013. If you would like a print of any of my photos on paper or canvas, drop me a line to negotiate.
I am keen to make some photo books, when I have the time to work through the process. I have found an Australian company that is cheaper than the Flickr partner, with acceptable results. I am looking at over 20 books of 120+pages, so price is a factor.
Let me tell you the story about the very successful photographer and the very successful writer, sitting by a gently flowing brook late one afternoon...
The photographer and the writer were in discussion and the writer said to the photographer "You must have a very expensive camera to take such wonderful pictures".
And the photographer replied "You must have a very expensive typewriter to write such wonderful stories".
Photos of Serendigity (5)
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 60,595 photos, 1,758 members
- Bamboo Bambu 竹 9,167 photos, 3,525 members
- WW II 46,415 photos, 3,259 members
- New Mexico 83,342 photos, 3,076 members
- National Geographic Society 727,703 photos, 15,613 members
- Get closer to the Moon 16,690 photos, 4,031 members
- Moon lovers 36,545 photos, 5,750 members
- MOON Shots 129,218 photos, 25,896 members
- Moon Pictures 18,458 photos, 3,721 members
- Moon in shot! 25,036 photos, 4,651 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 47,056 photos, 9,900 members
- moon and sky photographs 93,872 photos, 10,180 members
- Grand Canyon National Park 5,098 photos, 955 members
- Antelope Canyon 7,150 photos, 1,527 members
- Canyons of the World 7,396 photos, 1,565 members
- Desert Beauty 41,572 photos, 2,518 members
- Arizona Discovery 82,397 photos, 3,088 members
- Route 66 45,386 photos, 3,132 members
- Travel Photography - Through the eyes of the world 162,998 photos, 5,211 members
- Grand Canyon 31,772 photos, 5,579 members
- Arizona 88,636 photos, 2,699 members
- Arizona Sky 13,241 photos, 618 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row) 105,653 photos, 11,460 members
- Arizona Nature 49,793 photos, 2,205 members
- Natural Arches and Bridges 4,790 photos, 564 members
- arches and curves 2,970 photos, 520 members
- Arches National Park 12,812 photos, 1,935 members
- PRO CYCLING GROUP 16,000 photos, 962 members
- Flickr Friday 27,054 photos, 35,332 members
- Ricoh Theta S 1,444 photos, 236 members
- Ricoh Theta 1,848 photos, 383 members
- Equirectangular 18,680 photos, 2,980 members
- Bryce Canyon National Park 11,561 photos, 1,947 members
- Zion National Park 13,619 photos, 1,799 members
- Desert 49,601 photos, 4,240 members
- Desert Landscapes 32,020 photos, 1,685 members
- Desert Flora 19,604 photos, 1,369 members
- Desert Nature (nothing man-made please) 21,698 photos, 1,930 members
- USA - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 368,227 photos, 10,345 members
- Nature of Wildlife 42,338 photos, 1,119 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 13,147 photos, 1,117 members
- roads 30,453 photos, 2,505 members
- Road Tripping 134,503 photos, 6,068 members
- Road 26,985 photos, 3,246 members
- Road Trip USA 97,998 photos, 1,933 members
- US Route 66 (The Mother Road) 21,872 photos, 1,349 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 65,629 photos, 2,638 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 73,713 photos, 3,043 members
- Beautiful California 141,821 photos, 3,875 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 169,823 photos, 8,795 members
Serendigity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer and Arts