Please check out my albums first :) Do not judge a book by it's cover - as in my photostream - it is not engineered to have eye catching photos on the first page. Instead please have a look at my albums, where things are sorted and ordered the way I would like them seen.
I hope Yahoo sorts out the customisation of Flickr so we get a better home page and the raw photostream becomes less of a focus and first point of call. Unless things improve I will consider moving to one of the rival services and start again.
I have recently passed the milestone of 6,000,000 views of my images hosted here on Flickr, thanks to all for checking out my photos. I enjoy sharing my photos and art with you all. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - they are appreciated. I have avoided using watermarks as I don't like to disfigure the images. I just trust people not to pilfer my images for use elsewhere unacknowledged for their own profit.
I am not really into the tit-for-tat comments and likes thing to drum up view counts and chase the elusive and coveted 'explored' prize. I just don't have the time to spare. If you add me as a contact I may check out your pics, but may not, sorry in advance.
I now have over 30,000 photos on Flickr as I use the website for screen resolution cloud storage of all my photos. I have uploaded them for family and friends to see, and also to share the places I have been with the world. I have a collection of over 40,000 to go through, so many more still to be metadata edited and uploaded. I try to have GPS data on all my photos and am enjoying making use of Google Earth, Google Maps and Street View in this process. I am using the Map module in Adobe Lightroom to add the metadata.
If I ever get better internet speeds, I would like to upload all my photos at full resolution. Maybe around 2020...
I am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Nice part of the world, small towns, green hills, close to the beach, nice climate... I tinker with all kinds of digital art software programs on my Apple Mac 27inch 5K or Macbook Air laptop and I also like taking photos - especially when traveling overseas.
I also take videos where I travel, but they are second fiddle to my photo taking. You can see my channel here, loads of recent FZ1000 videos are here, all in 1080p HD:
My current camera is a LUMIX FZ1000 20mp camera with a 1inch; sensor, 4K video, and great zoom lens. I mainly use my camera for wildlife and travel photography. Previously, I owned a full frame DSLR: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 21MP with a 24mm-105mm wide angle zoom lens, 70-200 zoom lens and macro lens. I found the large body and interchangeable lenses to be a drag weight wise when trying to travel light. I intend to travel widely in the next few years and an all in one camera is just easier even if the image quality is only 80% of what is currently possible. The new generation of mirrorless compact interchangeable lens cameras is where I shall move to next.
I am slowly editing thousands of 35mm colour slides I took all over the world in the 1980s and 1990s... Eventually they will all be up on Flickr in my account. I decided to use a special slide duplicator macro system attached to my pro DSLR to really get good results. The ravages of time have blighted these slides with mould, scratches, and the colours have faded.
I also have many thousands of digital pics and scanned negatives and prints that will be uploaded here as well, as time (and my enthusiasm level) permits.
I am occasionally selling photos with Getty Images, and other stock agencies are being explored as well. I sell prints of my photos on canvas and photo paper and I held an exhibition of my photographs in 2013. If you would like a print of any of my photos on paper or canvas, drop me a line to negotiate.
I am keen to make some photo books, when I have the time to work through the process. I have found an Australian company that is cheaper than the Flickr partner, with acceptable results. I am looking at over 20 books of 120+pages, so price is a factor.
Let me tell you the story about the very successful photographer and the very successful writer, sitting by a gently flowing brook late one afternoon...
The photographer and the writer were in discussion and the writer said to the photographer "You must have a very expensive camera to take such wonderful pictures".
And the photographer replied "You must have a very expensive typewriter to write such wonderful stories".
Photos of Serendigity (5)
- Natural Arches and Bridges 4,687 photos, 556 members
- arches and curves 2,977 photos, 506 members
- Arches National Park 12,619 photos, 1,886 members
- PRO CYCLING GROUP 15,714 photos, 948 members
- Flickr Friday 25,594 photos, 34,400 members
- Ricoh Theta S 1,175 photos, 199 members
- Ricoh Theta 1,695 photos, 343 members
- Equirectangular 18,081 photos, 2,780 members
- Bryce Canyon National Park 11,362 photos, 1,900 members
- Zion National Park 13,343 photos, 1,752 members
- Desert 48,739 photos, 4,206 members
- Desert Landscapes 30,797 photos, 1,645 members
- Desert Flora 18,988 photos, 1,350 members
- Desert Nature (nothing man-made please) 20,887 photos, 1,893 members
- USA - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 354,280 photos, 10,159 members
- Nature of Wildlife 37,581 photos, 1,033 members
- ANCIENT WORLD 9,397 photos, 1,077 members
- roads 29,291 photos, 2,396 members
- Road Tripping 129,960 photos, 5,944 members
- Road 25,292 photos, 3,068 members
- Road Trip USA 95,256 photos, 1,903 members
- US Route 66 (The Mother Road) 21,422 photos, 1,328 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 62,998 photos, 2,553 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 71,145 photos, 2,978 members
- Beautiful California 135,806 photos, 3,830 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 165,379 photos, 8,620 members
- yosemite 43,449 photos, 6,275 members
- The Best of San Francisco 23,868 photos, 1,900 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 19,037 photos, 3,561 members
- San Francisco POI 27,918 photos, 1,697 members
- San Francisco Architecture 36,948 photos, 3,394 members
- Vertoramas 14,411 photos, 1,889 members
- Landscapes in an Upright Format 33,365 photos, 3,596 members
- Landscape photography 1,569,741 photos, 72,600 members
- Cloudporn 278,167 photos, 42,053 members
- FLICKR NATURE 2,832,049 photos, 52,228 members
- Square Crop 74,099 photos, 1,750 members
- Ruins 119,521 photos, 7,273 members
- Ruined churches and places of worship 17,474 photos, 2,761 members
- Urban Nature 182,793 photos, 58,390 members
- Landscape 1,020,266 photos, 100,003 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,031,189 photos, 129,612 members
- Rural Decay 229,641 photos, 44,718 members
- Fruit & Veg 209,027 photos, 47,480 members
- Northern Ireland / North of Ireland Photographers 109,486 photos, 2,280 members
- Beautiful Ireland 171,946 photos, 5,892 members
- ...finding ireland... 90,751 photos, 3,098 members
- IRELAND TODAY 74,617 photos, 1,567 members
- Ireland 259,610 photos, 10,590 members
- Cemeteries in Monochrome 10,943 photos, 1,034 members
Serendigity doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer and Arts