I was born and raised in a rather ordinary town of Hungary in 1970. Artistic impulses were altogether missing both at home and at school. True, I already had a camera in grade school and got familiar with the basics of photography. As a youth, however, I experienced a strikingly intense emotional drive to create. Around 2003 photography began really to matter to me, so I got hold of a Hasselblad camera. I live alternately in two, apparently irreconcilable phases. Today I am a development engineer seeking novel solutions and tomorrow a passionate photographer. Experimenting is the challenge, I detest conventional solutions. Perhaps the two modes of existence are linked by a constant effort to redefine frameworks and solutions.
I seek, in my photography, to raise questions, forcing spectators to ponder the complex intellectual, emotional and aesthetic relationships involved. Previously I chose human subjects, lately I have been also drawn to abstract, experimental photography. Overall, I favour novel frames and implementations over conventional solutions.
I will never be satisfied with merely documenting reality. In my „quasi portraits” I essentially make up a scene and watch the way, vague, contradictory or excentric, as it might be, its characters relate to their roles. For the composition I attempt to find an adequate aesthetic framework and use the available subtle tools, probing their limits at times.
Social relations play a decisive role even in my abstract experimental shots as well. The mechanism by which my latest abstract images are created is fundamentally the same as that of the "quasi portraits" -- the essence of my friends' work and of my intimate knowledge about them combine to create, through a novel technology, my photograms, human despite actually lacking human subjects.
le négatif Mag (a group admin) says:
02 Jun 11 - le négatif accepts only FILM PHOTOGRAPHY.
le négatif accepte seulement la photographie argentique.
this is our official site: www.lenegatif.com
Follow us on twitter: twitter.com/lenegatif
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/lenegatif
Discussion 45 posts | Post a new topic
STICKY Le negatif book nr 1 is out.
le négatif Mag
15 months ago
What is your source for FILMS?
3 weeks ago
2 months ago
Le negatif birthday giveaway! 6 Mystery Rolls of Expired Film!
6 months ago
le negatif is featured as most popular on visual inspiration, selected by issuu!
6 months ago
my favorite film camera ever!
9 months ago
» More discussions
About le négatif Mag
Le négatif is the only free FILM PHOTOGRAPHY magazine in the world.
We feature each month the best contemporary photography that is still made on Film.
Le négatif mag is an online FREE magazine self sponsored.
We try to make our best each month, with articles, interviews, project reviews etc, with the only purpose of celebrating film photography, and hoping to make its life longer.
- * *All Images Accepted, No rules* * 876 photos, 24 members
- CETUS Contemporary art 17,955 photos, 949 members
- ToolWiz Photos 20,569 photos, 1,183 members
- 366 project 2016 14,810 photos, 202 members
- Portal D Moto 6,355 photos, 307 members
- Stranger Destitution 5,561 photos, 515 members
- DIPLOFOCUS ( The Best Of ) 3,755 photos, 1,193 members
- Abstract Photos 124,304 photos, 19,278 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 290,123 photos, 15,179 members
- DIPLOFOCUS 20,311 photos, 897 members
- Pentacon Six 35,310 photos, 3,384 members
- FASHION, MY FASHION 237,459 photos, 4,039 members
- Nikon Film Photography 90,054 photos, 4,425 members
- Photography UK Showcase 3,276 photos, 99 members
- Moved effect 1,560 photos, 108 members
- Portraits volés, portraits posés. Stolen portraits, composed p 20,703 photos, 876 members
- Nikon D3100,D3200, D3300,D5100,D5200,D5300,D7000,D7100 group 1,050,568 photos, 34,075 members
- Nikon D3200 DSLR 213,500 photos, 5,918 members
- Biogon 19,081 photos, 777 members
- experiments 實驗 эксперименты 41,064 photos, 2,780 members
- Motion Photos 23,591 photos, 1,623 members
- Neutral Density Filters 85,089 photos, 7,915 members
- Best of Vermeer Pearls 3,630 photos, 666 members
- Hasselblad portraits 7,620 photos, 1,079 members
- alternative Hungary 4,368 photos, 204 members
- Magyarok 108,129 photos, 3,118 members
- Magyar Arc (Hungarian faces) - Portray (only one person on the 1,053 photos, 222 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,853 photos, 6,883 members
- people at exhibitions 1,069 photos, 153 members
- Your best ! il tuo migliore ! su mejor ! 你最好的 ! あな ! 855 photos, 55 members
- The GUT's Gallery 989 photos, 243 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 26,157 photos, 1,701 members
- Portraits 100+Faves 3,909 photos, 709 members
- Budapest, Hungary 77,397 photos, 6,662 members
- expressive expressions 5,038 photos, 268 members
- Artistic Portraits of Women 1,149 photos, 1,234 members
- SML Fine Art = 大中小藝 = SML ファインアート 18,025 photos, 1,073 members
- Favorites: 200 19,405 photos, 3,797 members
- Youth in Revolt 23,819 photos, 2,352 members
- Poema por imagens Poème d'images Poem by images Poema de imág 124,206 photos, 2,878 members
- Faces of Maturity 21,658 photos, 1,685 members
- J'y crois 21,037 photos, 784 members
- Medium Format - Expired Film 28,901 photos, 1,953 members
- expired film 285,875 photos, 11,722 members
- Sad and Beautiful World 77,306 photos, 2,538 members
- Natural Illumination 215,883 photos, 7,161 members
- Budapest Backside 7,559 photos, 590 members
- Vignetting 355,520 photos, 25,692 members
- Perfect Beauty II 1,318,926 photos, 15,273 members
- Flickr Friday 35,440 photos, 40,697 members
He has an innate style, one of the best photo makers, an artist."
October 1st, 2013
Ken B Gray says:
"Richard's work is extraordinary... easily one of the most creative, dynamic photographers whose work I've admired on Flickr.. Hence, I am tickled pink and frankly honored of his support of my work.
Greetings from Atlanta, Georgia, USA"
July 17th, 2013
- Richard Wohlfart
- June 2011
- Budapest, Hungary
- I am:
- Engineer (mechanical and electrical)