I was born and raised in a rather ordinary town of Hungary in 1970. Artistic impulses were altogether missing both at home and at school. True, I already had a camera in grade school and got familiar with the basics of photography. As a youth, however, I experienced a strikingly intense emotional drive to create. Around 2003 photography began really to matter to me, so I got hold of a Hasselblad camera. I live alternately in two, apparently irreconcilable phases. Today I am a development engineer seeking novel solutions and tomorrow a passionate photographer. Experimenting is the challenge, I detest conventional solutions. Perhaps the two modes of existence are linked by a constant effort to redefine frameworks and solutions.
I seek, in my photography, to raise questions, forcing spectators to ponder the complex intellectual, emotional and aesthetic relationships involved. Previously I chose human subjects, lately I have been also drawn to abstract, experimental photography. Overall, I favour novel frames and implementations over conventional solutions.
I will never be satisfied with merely documenting reality. In my „quasi portraits” I essentially make up a scene and watch the way, vague, contradictory or excentric, as it might be, its characters relate to their roles. For the composition I attempt to find an adequate aesthetic framework and use the available subtle tools, probing their limits at times.
Social relations play a decisive role even in my abstract experimental shots as well. The mechanism by which my latest abstract images are created is fundamentally the same as that of the "quasi portraits" -- the essence of my friends' work and of my intimate knowledge about them combine to create, through a novel technology, my photograms, human despite actually lacking human subjects.
le négatif Mag (a group admin) says:
02 Jun 11 - le négatif accepts only FILM PHOTOGRAPHY.
le négatif accepte seulement la photographie argentique.
this is our official site: www.lenegatif.com
Follow us on twitter: twitter.com/lenegatif
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/lenegatif
Discussion 45 posts | Post a new topic
STICKY Le negatif book nr 1 is out.
le négatif Mag
15 months ago
What is your source for FILMS?
3 weeks ago
2 months ago
Le negatif birthday giveaway! 6 Mystery Rolls of Expired Film!
6 months ago
le negatif is featured as most popular on visual inspiration, selected by issuu!
6 months ago
my favorite film camera ever!
9 months ago
» More discussions
About le négatif Mag
Le négatif is the only free FILM PHOTOGRAPHY magazine in the world.
We feature each month the best contemporary photography that is still made on Film.
Le négatif mag is an online FREE magazine self sponsored.
We try to make our best each month, with articles, interviews, project reviews etc, with the only purpose of celebrating film photography, and hoping to make its life longer.
Photos of sold as is (11)
- Sale Stock Photos. 44 photos, 74 members
- CETUS Contemporary art 16,140 photos, 947 members
- ToolWiz Photos 17,745 photos, 1,180 members
- 366 project 2016 14,733 photos, 207 members
- Portal D Moto 5,591 photos, 305 members
- Stranger Destitution 5,032 photos, 513 members
- DIPLOFOCUS ( The Best Of ) 3,443 photos, 1,198 members
- Abstract Photos 123,120 photos, 19,249 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 280,601 photos, 15,003 members
- DIPLOFOCUS 18,592 photos, 915 members
- Pentacon Six 34,905 photos, 3,316 members
- FASHION, MY FASHION 207,637 photos, 3,758 members
- Nikon Film Photography 81,695 photos, 4,153 members
- Photography UK Showcase 2,664 photos, 90 members
- Moved effect 1,432 photos, 108 members
- Portraits volés, portraits posés. Stolen portraits, composed p 19,323 photos, 863 members
- Nikon D3100,D3200, D3300,D5100,D5200,D5300,D7000,D7100 group 1,012,161 photos, 33,202 members
- Nikon D3200 DSLR 199,673 photos, 5,816 members
- Biogon 18,549 photos, 753 members
- experiments 實驗 эксперименты 40,106 photos, 2,777 members
- Motion Photos 22,559 photos, 1,578 members
- Neutral Density Filters 81,278 photos, 7,773 members
- Best of Vermeer Pearls 3,657 photos, 663 members
- Hasselblad portraits 7,369 photos, 1,006 members
- alternative Hungary 4,021 photos, 195 members
- Magyarok 104,419 photos, 3,058 members
- Magyar Arc (Hungarian faces) - Portray (only one person on the 1,066 photos, 221 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,501 photos, 6,825 members
- people at exhibitions 954 photos, 147 members
- Your best ! il tuo migliore ! su mejor ! 你最好的 ! あな ! 814 photos, 55 members
- The GUT's Gallery 993 photos, 248 members
- PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY MEDIUM FORMAT 25,354 photos, 1,627 members
- Portraits 100+Faves 3,677 photos, 723 members
- Budapest, Hungary 74,102 photos, 6,505 members
- expressive expressions 4,922 photos, 256 members
- Artistic Portraits of Women 1,151 photos, 1,220 members
- SML Fine Art = 大中小藝 = SML ファインアート 17,184 photos, 1,066 members
- Favorites: 200 17,017 photos, 3,666 members
- Youth in Revolt 24,084 photos, 2,330 members
- Poema por imagens Poème d'images Poem by images Poema de imág 114,088 photos, 2,707 members
- Faces of Maturity 20,960 photos, 1,667 members
- J'y crois 21,187 photos, 791 members
- Medium Format - Expired Film 27,967 photos, 1,908 members
- expired film 276,404 photos, 11,561 members
- Sad and Beautiful World 73,563 photos, 2,532 members
- Natural Illumination 211,746 photos, 7,148 members
- Budapest Backside 7,096 photos, 571 members
- Vignetting 345,639 photos, 25,575 members
- Perfect Beauty II 1,275,556 photos, 14,992 members
- Flickr Friday 31,264 photos, 37,357 members
He has an innate style, one of the best photo makers, an artist."
October 1st, 2013
Ken B Gray says:
"Richard's work is extraordinary... easily one of the most creative, dynamic photographers whose work I've admired on Flickr.. Hence, I am tickled pink and frankly honored of his support of my work.
Greetings from Atlanta, Georgia, USA"
July 17th, 2013
- Richard Wohlfart
- June 2011
- Budapest, Hungary
- I am:
- Engineer (mechanical and electrical)