~Born in Vermont, USA, where the rivers flow north.
~Grown on Cape Cod., Mass.
~Studied music in NYC.
I have loved being back in Vermont for the last 35 years and I am now enjoying a slightly early retirement from childcare and preschool teaching.
I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up....photography. I am trying to raise the caliber of my photos to something more than snapshots so I can document life in Vermont the best way I can.
I have also become addicted to photos of birds.
I discovered digital photography and flickr in 2006 and wow! ... what a door busting open! The best crash course on digital photography ever! I have met many, many wonderful and talented people on flickr.
One of the best things about photography, is that it makes me "Get Up Offa That Thing!!" and go find something to shoot.
"There are days when simply seeing feels like happiness itself. You feel so rich, the elation seems almost excessive and you want to share it."
“There is a serene and settled majesty to woodland scenery that enters into the soul and delights and elevates it, and fills it with noble inclinations.”
Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
Photos of vtpeacenik (4)
- birds of new england 9,773 photos, 582 members
- ID Please 12,488 photos, 965 members
- Birds with deformed bills 208 photos, 120 members
- Birds birds everywhere 13,452 photos, 334 members
- Butterfly Beauty 167,777 photos, 12,413 members
- Butterfly Gallery - P1 C1 please 163,940 photos, 17,396 members
- Butterflies! 5 per day! 128,374 photos, 12,402 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,720,967 photos, 64,187 members
- Landscape & Wildlife Photos of the World 1,444,234 photos, 49,223 members
- Landscapes!!! 1,522,365 photos, 49,414 members
- Birds Photos 2,598,800 photos, 81,480 members
- All birds all the time 228,690 photos, 4,058 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 64,087 photos, 1,318 members
- Backyard Bird Watching 127,891 photos, 3,014 members
- Fabulous Fog 33,118 photos, 4,845 members
- The Colours of: Autumn (Fall) 22,201 photos, 1,012 members
- Nikon D100 User Group 22,815 photos, 1,318 members
- FUJiFILM FINEPIX HS10 HS20EXR HS30/35EXR HS50EXR SL1000 X-S1 14,617 photos, 345 members
- Vermont eBird 2,182 photos, 111 members
- The Magical World of Birds 1,683 photos, 46 members
- New England 182,060 photos, 3,649 members
- Backyard Birds 165,108 photos, 5,541 members
- Bird Photography (Formerly Array) 31,759 photos, 767 members
- Nature's Golden Carousel ~ Admin Invite Only Post 1 Award 2 95,852 photos, 4,226 members
- Flickr Hacks 419 photos, 21,995 members
- Fuji Finepix HS series Gallery 58,919 photos, 1,432 members
- Fuji HS10 HS20 HS30 HS50 SL1000 Users Group 77,040 photos, 1,812 members
- Colors Of The Heart! *Invited Images Only*! 108,094 photos, 8,799 members
- Nature's Carousel - (Invite only) - Post 1 Comment 2 228,177 photos, 9,209 members
- Autumn colour of love ! 59,178 photos, 5,444 members
- Vermont ShutterBugs 9,928 photos, 373 members
- Colour Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=- (Colours ONLY) 457,008 photos, 27,302 members
- Meaning In The Mist 863 photos, 123 members
- NATURE'S - CREATIONS post 1/award 2 191,744 photos, 7,152 members
- Harry's Bar 1,071 photos, 54 members
- AUTUMN*FALL P1/A5 ***CONTEST for every member 135,371 photos, 17,602 members
- EXPLORE WINNERS OF THE WORLD [ Post 1 - 4 Awards ] 12,074 photos, 2,014 members
- *Crochet* 85,242 photos, 5,750 members
- Crafter's Central 152,373 photos, 6,512 members
- I Made it Myself 631,371 photos, 28,176 members
- The Happy Hookers 35,665 photos, 2,860 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portraits *OPEN* 4,462,439 photos, 119,481 members
- Vermont: Green Mountain State 15,147 photos, 772 members
- Vermont 22,707 photos, 1,196 members
- Vermont People and Places 21,433 photos, 1,434 members
Life Reflections ♥ says:
"I can't believe that I haven't done this before now..Martha has been a flickr friend almost 3 yrs now...one of my first here and we both share a love of Vermont.
I just learned Martha is waging war against cancer and it made me stop and reflect on just what a special lady she is! We are both grandmas and I love how she highlights her love of Serena in her stream. Such a joy!
As a photographer I am awed by Martha's gift of recording nature and its riches. Her bird photography is my fave on flickr...
and I have to agree with so many of the other commenters...her sense of humor is superb!! She always leaves me smiling!
Martha, dear one, do take good care...you are missed here while you are recovering just reminding us how fragile life can be! hugs and more hugs, sweet lady!
February 23rd, 2011
Professor Bop says:
"This woman is for the birds! But hell ... I LOVE Birds and so does she ... I mean wasn't jazz genius Charlie Parker known as Bird? ... and so this sweet lady is one of my favorite people on Flickr.
Martha's work never fails to capture the essence of nature ... whether its birds, flowers or landscapes all found and shared from her beloved Vermont. Her photography is always remarkable and inspiring. She has the trained eye and skills of a first class photographer.
Love ya, Martha !"
December 19th, 2009
"I am so happy to have stumbled upon Martha's stream on flickr. (I call her peacebaby) Martha's "take" on Vermont Life ROCKS!! All of her landscapes and nature photos have a uniqueness all her own. I am drawn to them...each and every one. Martha's style, creativity, composition and attention to detail are what I see shine in each of her photos. Martha's awesome bird photos are some of the best on flickr in my humble opinion. I just love her Sunday Funnies set as well......Always good for a morning laugh. I enjoy Martha's flickr friendship and count her as a true blue contact. Her witty comments always crack me up and make me smile. I look forward to viewing her photos as part of my morning flickr ritual......A day without vtpeacenik is like a day without SUNSHINE!! ;)
Cheers from Mississauga, Ontario C A N A D A"
April 3rd, 2009
"Just wanted to say I had the pleasure of meeting this great photographer and invading her home and beautiful State of Vermont.It was fun,we'll have to try and hang out high on that mountain again my friend as long as we can drive there.hehe.
We share the same love of nature and that can't be all bad.Martha reflects her love of nature and the wild things and beauty in all her photos.Keeps me coming back for more,always a pleasure to see such beautiful photos.I'm not good at writing and this sounds kinda mushy but hey life is good my friend."
January 20th, 2009
""Get Up Offa That Thing!!"
I "ROARED" when I read that. I just added that as a ring tone to my new cell phone.. LOL"
February 27th, 2009
"Martha never ceases to amaze me! When I first joined flickr who knew it would lead me to an old soul like Martha. Her comments are inspiring, uplifting and downright funny at times. I always look forward to her Sunday funnies. A new world of images are seen on her photostream. Many of her photos and titles are of such great quality they should be in a magazine! I hope that you all enjoy her in your world as much as I do. Love ya Martha."
March 20th, 2009
bothy photo says:
"I joined flickr a year ago because it offered storage space and a way to share photos with my family. A kind stranger commented on a photo and suggested that I join some groups. "Retired and loving it" seemed a good place to start and it led me to Martha's photostream - nicest thing that's happened in a long time.
In Martha, I found that rare creature: an unassuming and tolerant perfectionist who infects her art with humour - she seems to make lovely pictures chiefly for the fun of it.
But she never makes fun of other peoples' attempts to emulate her own outstanding genius, and her patient and generous encouragement must have helped many to persevere. Her photographs (they are something more than "photos") are a constant source of beauty, fun and inspiration.
One of the few certainties in life is that her photographs will please.
Thank you, Martha, for all the pleasure that you give. Long may you do so."
September 2nd, 2008
"Amazing photos !"
July 5th, 2007
"Even though I've been involved with Flickr for only about six months, Martha has become a great flickr friend. Her beautiful Vermont snow scenes, landscapes, and sunrises/sunsets caught my attention during my first days of viewing flickr photos. She also shares some of the Vermont culture and history with her camera as weIl as the native and migratory birds that get a little too close to her. And when nothing else catches her eye; there is always Lucy, her beautiful cat, with all her photogenic qualities. I can't wait each morning to see what Martha has captured and added to her photostream. Not only is she a great photographer, she is very generous with her nice comments on flickr photos each week. Martha, thanks for being my flickr friend from way up North, and thanks so much for sharing those great photographic masterpieces."
March 14th, 2007
"I have admired Martha's exquisite pictures since the first day I joined Flickr. Her pictures and the comments that go along with them are always warm and sensitive in spite of the fact that they often portray cold subjects. Martha always takes time to comment on other's pictures. Recently, even though I didn't know her, I felt comfortable asking her a very basic question about Flickr. She answered in a way that didn't make me feel stupid and helped me right away. I consider Martha a true role model and I learn from her pictures and her outgoing manner every day. Keep up the good work, Martha!"
February 6th, 2007
- April 2006
- Barton, Vermont
- I am:
- Female and Single
- childcare, preschool.......retired