- Naturalight 29,950 photos, 1,472 members
- Rainforest Photo Competition Group 1,435 photos, 138 members
- Plastic Bullet 5,123 photos, 1,067 members
- Park Benches 459 photos, 65 members
- Top 20 Children's Portraits 20 photos, 1,842 members
- *Swoon 45,094 photos, 1,568 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,549 photos, 6,862 members
- ibex outdoor clothing 85 photos, 28 members
- Shapiro Family Fellowship 119 photos, 3 members
- Autorretrato y detalles(1Post+1Comment) 1,662 photos, 930 members
- Niños y detalles.1 Post/3Comment 8,752 photos, 2,373 members
- SMOTD Soul Man of the Day 5,797 photos, 607 members
- Contact. 3,377 photos, 222 members
- Imagen Mapuche 822 photos, 272 members
- Adobe Lightroom MKII 4,232 photos, 194 members
- Captured (Artificial) Light 1,062 photos, 186 members
- Ella es Chilena - She´s Chilean 23,031 photos, 2,260 members
- MOST THINGS to MOST FOLK (5 a day) 35,358 photos, 622 members
- Charm & Beauty People Society ~ADMIN INVITE ONLY~ 2,011 photos, 1,612 members
- Men photographing Women 1,142 photos, 97 members
- Blooming Cut-Outs (FLOWER cutouts only please) 566 photos, 224 members
- ***FoUnD ObJeCtS*** 421 photos, 31 members
- macro whores 7,200 photos, 360 members
- Turkey at Sunrise and Sunset 2,681 photos, 1,122 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 13,950 photos, 6,453 members
- BW's & Monochromes 194,563 photos, 5,481 members
- i met nardell 64 photos, 39 members
- _iNEED vac@tion!!! # 226 photos, 192 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,048 photos, 17,348 members
- 07_07_07 7,658 photos, 4,807 members
- Alliteration -- **Must be in photo title** 1,330 photos, 129 members
- old man style 1,804 photos, 414 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 458,109 photos, 50,961 members
- ~eyes...windows to the soul~ 710 photos, 70 members
- Eyes-The Gateway to the Soul 1,588 photos, 113 members
- ~inspired by love~ 995 photos, 65 members
- The place I call home. 4,457 photos, 377 members
- TIO's "Seal of Approval" (Invited Images Only) 7,256 photos, 796 members
- Shield Of Excellence 543,777 photos, 40,778 members
- Babies in Black and White 4,132 photos, 815 members
- Black and White Baby Pictures 980 photos, 166 members
- Everything Baby 53,771 photos, 5,530 members
- Somebody else's baby 5,151 photos, 638 members
- Baby...all sweet little baby 1,152 photos, 98 members
- !PERFECT! baby pics 11,763 photos, 1,116 members
- Baby. The other Other white meat ~ 6,456 photos, 855 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,603 photos, 8,430 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 485,377 photos, 63,623 members
- Brooklyn Heights 3,761 photos, 278 members
- The Professionals 0 photos, 359 members
Aaron of NEPA says:
"My favorite portrait photographer bar none.. excellent work James!"
March 10th, 2008
defeated cave says:
"James is one of the few people on flickr who I consider to be a true friend. I have learned so much from him since our paths first crossed more than a year ago. He's always been so generous with his time and insight into photography. Most of all, he demonstrates a true mastery of this medium, which has taken so many of us all around the world with him on his travels... but at the same time has given us a unique perspective on his life. I'll be forever thankful to flickr for allowing me this opportunity to "meet" such a fascinating and talented individual. Mwaah! to you James :)."
December 7th, 2007
"James has one of the best photo streams on flickr and he is one to watch! I have been following his photos for quite some time and it is such an amazing process to watch. I take mental notes and really admire his keen photographic style. One this I know is one day I would like my photos to be as beautiful as his..."
August 24th, 2007
colossal ink says:
"james, i feel as if my "testimonial" means nothing when compared to all these other great photographers.. but nevertheless, i'll continue..
your images are truly unique. i always look forward to see where you will travel next. you capture things i would never even think to look twice at. you portraits are one-of-a-kind...not to mention they pull at my heartstrings with emotion.
here's to you my flickr friend and mentor. you're my inspiration"
May 10th, 2007
"james pictures are simple and strong. they are very expressive. everytime i looking at it, it seems to me to be a part of the image, because it looks so real. each time i turn back, looking at his pictures, i can find another little detail, which makes every visit and every further look to an expedition. an expedition through the world of little an lovely things of everybodies everyday life. in james photographs i begin to recognize these little things, that go under in the daily hectic rush. in james photostream i begin to recognize them, find them again and get a feeling for all these little things which enrich our lives. many of us have forgotten them. thanks for remembering james!!! i love your work! the way you focus things, the way you put love in every detail, the way of your perspective and thanks for let me and other see the world through your eyes. an outstanding and extraordinary creative work! with lots of smiles from germany, daniela :-)"
February 26th, 2007
Lee Burgess says:
"James is an inspiration for true photography.. What you see is what he photographed! He has no need for PS or any other programs, he is a true master at what he does..
To me that is the ultimate talent!
Thank you for the inspiration to forever grow James.
January 9th, 2007
dear liquid says:
"your photos about sammy always put a big smile on my face!!! great work!"
January 8th, 2007
Jenn Phatiphong says:
"...he doesnt know it, but looking at his work inspires me...
(oops, i guess he'll know now!)"
December 10th, 2006
faded collar says:
"James is a very creative and sensitive photographer.James 's stream is just great...I love USA,and with his photos,i travel !
James is a delicate person,so kind ...
It is a great pleasure to knowing you(:-s sorry for my terrible english...it's difficult for me...)
Kisses of course !!! ;-)))
October 8th, 2006
resonant detail says:
"When I think in jto_'s photostream a word come to my mind: children. Everytime my soul is empty I come here and drink from the beauty of his children 's portraits and feel the joy again.
Thanks for sharing your pics with the rest of the world, sir."
August 31st, 2006
"James has an uncanny and rare ability to see things that the rest of the world might miss.
Light within a drop of water on a translucent rose petal, resolve etched in the lines of a mans face, the strength and compassion reflected in a woman’s smile, freedom in a child’s stance, elegance and possibility within an otherwise abandoned place or object.
In his images, I see artistic perfection in the lighting of a well crafted photograph, but somehow, also, the light within the subject…his camera uncovers hidden beauty and a story.
Each picture is a celebration of the details of life.
Comments and words that accompany his own work and others are thoughtful, helpful, poetic and witty and sometimes profound.
My guess is that this is an observant and quietly expressive man, someone who has the heart of an artist and the soul of a Wiseman."
June 8th, 2006
Cherry Moon says:
"Jto_'s pictures moves me to tears. They're so "real"... so candid... everything I expect from a true photographer.
The world through his eyes is very inspiring, and I look forward to following his work for years to come :)"
October 10th, 2005
- May 2005
- Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- Oakland, CA, US
- I am:
- Male and Taken