James Christie is a Professional Photographer, based in Edinburgh, UK. He has a wealth of experience gained in both the UK and the USA. His work has been featured in the Sunday Telegraph, Metro, The Guardian Newspaper, The Independent Newspaper, BBC Radio Times Magazine, TV Times Magazine, Sunday Times Newspaper, The Sunday Express Magazine, The Sunday Express, The Daily Express Newspapers, The Scotsman Newspaper and Haymarket Business, Take A Break Puzzle Magazine as well as the BBC’s web site, David Bowie’s web site, EdinburghGuide.Com and the National Media Museum in Bradford, England.
- Pocket Wizards 30,480 photos, 4,206 members
- Call of the Wild 10,453 photos, 489 members
- Wild Animals 170,780 photos, 6,979 members
- Scott & Tom, 70 & 80 0 photos, 2 members
- Edinburgh Photography Tours 44 photos, 45 members
- Scottish Creative Network 999 photos, 114 members
- ..CLOSED 3,055 photos, 414 members
- ✣ To Be Still ✣ - by Admin/Mod Invite Only *cmt 1* 7,713 photos, 1,222 members
- ArtNet@flickrworld-Invited only 101,810 photos, 2,935 members
- Edinburgh Meetups 3,730 photos, 440 members
- MoNovember 2,775 photos, 298 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,662 photos, 3,153 members
- Architecture Directory 476,665 photos, 20,226 members
- Architecture of Days Gone By 145,494 photos, 3,426 members
- Streets of Scotland 16,430 photos, 914 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,897 photos, 68,886 members
- Nikon D700 309,104 photos, 15,188 members
- Bokeh and Beyond (post 1 - award 3) 57,129 photos, 4,373 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 67,767 photos, 1,950 members
- Explored Beauty ! 85,480 photos, 5,585 members
- 500x500 308,090 photos, 7,551 members
- Edinburgh Photographers 96,797 photos, 2,229 members
- Super Shots - Monthly Contest - Nominate Now 258,258 photos, 40,231 members
- Sapphire Awards *POST 1 - AWARD 3* *Sweeper Active* 158,028 photos, 8,229 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 281,154 photos, 10,896 members
- Square Faves 1,301 photos, 64 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 43,019 photos, 3,585 members
- You Think this is Art 1,543,586 photos, 65,911 members
- Ultimate Shot ~Invited Images Only! POST 1/ Comment 1 47,597 photos, 11,649 members
- Ya Gotta Start Somewhere... ~ 50,340 photos, 2,077 members
- ZAPPADU FANS CLUB 44,668 photos, 677 members
- Red Green 7,298 photos, 1,004 members
- Sólo un punto de fuga 930 photos, 213 members
- Flickr Walkabout Group 8,225 photos, 1,725 members
- Outstanding Shots - Invite Only 21,660 photos, 8,505 members
- Greener Leith 782 photos, 24 members
- Multi Mega Ship (no admin-invite needed)SWEEPER runs 19,342 photos, 1,077 members
- Leith 2,395 photos, 238 members
- Photographers Block (Post 1 - Award 3) 5,593 photos, 628 members
- Black, White & Square Portraits ! 8,295 photos, 1,150 members
- Portrait Photography (Post 1 Award 4) 34,017 photos, 3,434 members
- The Best of Black and White 31,063 photos, 1,908 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 17,050 photos, 1,151 members
- Photography Guide To Edinburgh 5,259 photos, 659 members
- Edinburgh Photo Project 2,147 photos, 171 members
- Celebrities 36,901 photos, 4,346 members
- PHOTOCLASSIC 44,414 photos, 1,440 members
- Photos that are top in your Flickr 27,301 photos, 2,146 members
- Grandes fotografos de FLICKR-Big photographers of FLICKR 7,632 photos, 230 members
- Photofocus 57,089 photos, 7,196 members
kazam media says:
"James has talent, an eye for an image and a belief in himself. Over a short space of time his images have changed, developed and are becoming more and more like pieces of art.
Keep it up James! Glad to have you as a "friend" on flickr :)"
July 31st, 2009
""James and I haven't met, though we correspond regularly through Flickr. James' photography has become a source of inspiration for me, and I've learned a considerable amount by studying his unique flair for composition. His determination and passion are evident in his work, and I wish him every success as he turns his this enthusiasm into a rewarding career as a professional photographer!""
June 30th, 2009
"I'm not one for writing testimonials as a rule.
But having not met James in person as yet !
(Could well be up in Scotland this year)
"I will message you first James so you can book a holiday to avoid meeting me James ;-)"
So I can only speak about my contact with him here on flickr.
I have admired and followed his work since finding him here in flickr
Through the Nikon DSLR UK group if I remember correctly.
And can only say it''s always be a pleasure to speak through messages and email or through each others work posted here.
I look forward to seeing a lot more of his work in the future and would be privileged to be able to meet him one day.
James is IMO a outstanding and inspiring photographer."
April 4th, 2009
"I've know James since our first flickr meeting of the PGE, which was about a year and half ago. He's a great friend and an amazing photographer. His speciality are abstract shots. He always manages to turn a very complicated image into art, by pointing the camera at the right spot.
He has done a great job with the 'Photography Guide to Edinburgh' group. He brought a lot of nice people together and gave as all some good friends for life. I really miss our meetings. I hope I'll be able to come back soon!"
March 14th, 2009
"James's images have been a display of master work for me. I have watched closely to see which subjects he choose to manipulate more either in camera or in photoshop and which subject you leave the much needed breathing space of a simple, straight forward execution. No matter the choice, I see James's purposeful eye at work looking for the very best composition that works the hardest to respect the essence of the subject matter. I have learned much from James and only hope to someday reach his level of mastery.
James, thank you for leading by example."
November 6th, 2008
"James, it has to be said, that i would comment on most, if not all your images. So instead of doing that i decided to write you this.
Your talent is outstanding and to see what you see through your lens be it by a camera or a cameraphone etc is just fabby. Every photo tells a story, makes you sit back and take in what you've seen. Each unique and amazing in their own rights... keep up the good work...
I'd certainly recommend this photostream to anyone on flickr and beyond.. but don't take my word for it.. delve in and enjoy! You won't be disappointed."
August 20th, 2008
James Edward Creamer says:
"are you kidding me??? this guy has mad talent."
August 17th, 2008
William Charles Cross says:
"What he sees is what you get!!! No gimmicks or Photoshop trickery--just reality in all its perceived glory. The longer he walks this earth, the richer we all are.
James, you're the Man."
February 17th, 2008
- January 2007
- Milton Bridge, Midlothian, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Professional Photographer
- James Christie Photography
- jc [at] jameschristiephotography.com