James Christie is a Professional Photographer, based in Edinburgh, UK. He has a wealth of experience gained in both the UK and the USA. His work has been featured in the Sunday Telegraph, Metro, The Guardian Newspaper, The Independent Newspaper, BBC Radio Times Magazine, TV Times Magazine, Sunday Times Newspaper, The Sunday Express Magazine, The Sunday Express, The Daily Express Newspapers, The Scotsman Newspaper and Haymarket Business, Take A Break Puzzle Magazine as well as the BBC’s web site, David Bowie’s web site, EdinburghGuide.Com and the National Media Museum in Bradford, England.
- Pocket Wizards 30,651 photos, 4,215 members
- Call of the Wild 10,337 photos, 486 members
- Wild Animals 185,036 photos, 7,206 members
- Scott & Tom, 70 & 80 0 photos, 2 members
- Edinburgh Photography Tours 44 photos, 44 members
- Scottish Creative Network 982 photos, 118 members
- ..CLOSED 2,916 photos, 415 members
- ✣ To Be Still ✣ - by Admin/Mod Invite Only *cmt 1* 7,830 photos, 1,224 members
- ArtNet@flickrworld-Invited only 103,175 photos, 2,942 members
- Edinburgh Meetups 3,734 photos, 444 members
- MoNovember 3,032 photos, 305 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,715 photos, 3,156 members
- Architecture Directory 504,467 photos, 20,904 members
- Architecture of Days Gone By 151,852 photos, 3,520 members
- Streets of Scotland 16,465 photos, 918 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,937 photos, 70,862 members
- Nikon D700 314,086 photos, 15,307 members
- Bokeh and Beyond (post 1 - award 3) 59,968 photos, 4,509 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 69,337 photos, 1,964 members
- Explored Beauty ! 87,902 photos, 5,678 members
- 500x500 308,687 photos, 7,551 members
- Edinburgh Photographers 99,163 photos, 2,284 members
- Super Shots - Monthly Contest - Nominate Now 261,890 photos, 40,350 members
- Sapphire Awards *POST 1 - AWARD 3* *Sweeper Active* 160,746 photos, 8,242 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 292,699 photos, 11,139 members
- Square Faves 1,297 photos, 63 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 42,986 photos, 3,578 members
- You Think this is Art 1,596,579 photos, 67,036 members
- Ultimate Shot ~Invited Images Only! POST 1/ Comment 1 47,872 photos, 11,624 members
- Ya Gotta Start Somewhere... ~ 50,194 photos, 2,080 members
- ZAPPADU FANS CLUB 45,473 photos, 681 members
- Red Green 7,802 photos, 1,040 members
- Sólo un punto de fuga 929 photos, 212 members
- Flickr Walkabout Group 8,390 photos, 1,727 members
- Outstanding Shots - Invite Only 21,631 photos, 8,499 members
- Greener Leith 783 photos, 24 members
- Multi Mega Ship (no admin-invite needed)SWEEPER runs 19,444 photos, 1,075 members
- Leith 2,470 photos, 244 members
- Photographers Block (Post 1 - Award 3) 5,650 photos, 627 members
- Black, White & Square Portraits ! 8,228 photos, 1,179 members
- Portrait Photography (Post 1 Award 4) 35,985 photos, 3,578 members
- The Best of Black and White 32,453 photos, 1,944 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 17,228 photos, 1,153 members
- Photography Guide To Edinburgh 5,258 photos, 661 members
- Edinburgh Photo Project 2,256 photos, 174 members
- Celebrities 37,702 photos, 4,368 members
- PHOTOCLASSIC 44,872 photos, 1,437 members
- Photos that are top in your Flickr 28,126 photos, 2,168 members
- Grandes fotografos de FLICKR-Big photographers of FLICKR 7,731 photos, 229 members
- Photofocus 66,618 photos, 7,381 members
kazam media says:
"James has talent, an eye for an image and a belief in himself. Over a short space of time his images have changed, developed and are becoming more and more like pieces of art.
Keep it up James! Glad to have you as a "friend" on flickr :)"
July 31st, 2009
""James and I haven't met, though we correspond regularly through Flickr. James' photography has become a source of inspiration for me, and I've learned a considerable amount by studying his unique flair for composition. His determination and passion are evident in his work, and I wish him every success as he turns his this enthusiasm into a rewarding career as a professional photographer!""
June 30th, 2009
"I'm not one for writing testimonials as a rule.
But having not met James in person as yet !
(Could well be up in Scotland this year)
"I will message you first James so you can book a holiday to avoid meeting me James ;-)"
So I can only speak about my contact with him here on flickr.
I have admired and followed his work since finding him here in flickr
Through the Nikon DSLR UK group if I remember correctly.
And can only say it''s always be a pleasure to speak through messages and email or through each others work posted here.
I look forward to seeing a lot more of his work in the future and would be privileged to be able to meet him one day.
James is IMO a outstanding and inspiring photographer."
April 4th, 2009
"I've know James since our first flickr meeting of the PGE, which was about a year and half ago. He's a great friend and an amazing photographer. His speciality are abstract shots. He always manages to turn a very complicated image into art, by pointing the camera at the right spot.
He has done a great job with the 'Photography Guide to Edinburgh' group. He brought a lot of nice people together and gave as all some good friends for life. I really miss our meetings. I hope I'll be able to come back soon!"
March 14th, 2009
"James's images have been a display of master work for me. I have watched closely to see which subjects he choose to manipulate more either in camera or in photoshop and which subject you leave the much needed breathing space of a simple, straight forward execution. No matter the choice, I see James's purposeful eye at work looking for the very best composition that works the hardest to respect the essence of the subject matter. I have learned much from James and only hope to someday reach his level of mastery.
James, thank you for leading by example."
November 6th, 2008
"James, it has to be said, that i would comment on most, if not all your images. So instead of doing that i decided to write you this.
Your talent is outstanding and to see what you see through your lens be it by a camera or a cameraphone etc is just fabby. Every photo tells a story, makes you sit back and take in what you've seen. Each unique and amazing in their own rights... keep up the good work...
I'd certainly recommend this photostream to anyone on flickr and beyond.. but don't take my word for it.. delve in and enjoy! You won't be disappointed."
August 20th, 2008
James Edward Creamer says:
"are you kidding me??? this guy has mad talent."
August 17th, 2008
William Charles Cross says:
"What he sees is what you get!!! No gimmicks or Photoshop trickery--just reality in all its perceived glory. The longer he walks this earth, the richer we all are.
James, you're the Man."
February 17th, 2008
- January 2007
- Milton Bridge, Midlothian, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Professional Photographer
- James Christie Photography
- jc [at] jameschristiephotography.com