came here as an experiment for work - as an e-learning person interested in social software - normadesmond is lou mcgill
also wanted to put my son's work on here to help build his self esteem (had a hard time but improving- see blog if interested). He now has his own photostream in flickr under the name Knight Lloyd
now am a devoted flickr addict as a human who sometimes takes photos but mostly likes to think
I have met some who take photos, some fab mothers, some thinkers and some very interesting others
'Late at night, when everyone is quiet, sit alone and gaze into the mind; then you notice illusion ending and reality appearing.
You gain a great sense of potential in this every time. Once you have noticed reality appearing yet find that llusion is hard to escape, you also find yourself greatly humbled.
or you could just spend the early hours on flickr...
Photos of Norma Desmond (8)
- Fine Art Photoshop 14,412 photos, 1,863 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 84,359 photos, 8,350 members
- Unlimited Grain Contest 0 photos, 76 members
- Chickens ROCK!! 17,210 photos, 2,529 members
- Rollei 35 34,586 photos, 4,513 members
- Zuiko in Canon EOS 5,078 photos, 504 members
- Lomo LC-A/+ 127,318 photos, 5,454 members
- Hasselblad 285,473 photos, 13,171 members
- Olympus OM 131,826 photos, 6,239 members
- Owls 65,942 photos, 8,370 members
- greyhound group 24,615 photos, 1,639 members
- Polaroid Goop 2,450 photos, 739 members
- Light Stalking 97,379 photos, 3,332 members
- LOMO italy 24,902 photos, 1,549 members
- Mask the Truth 17,274 photos, 753 members
- ds106 Body Parts 22 photos, 8 members
- DS106 2,310 photos, 140 members
- LOMO KOMPAKT AUTOMAT [LC-A] 77,045 photos, 3,715 members
- Bridlington, East Yorkshire. 5,145 photos, 266 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 18,009 photos, 1,965 members
- Purpos/ed 21 photos, 46 members
- Talk about Autism 224 photos, 80 members
- NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS!! 11,038 photos, 1,991 members
- Aspie/Autistic - Our Focus, Our Interests 46 photos, 16 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 358,169 photos, 8,238 members
- Flickr Sisters 2,730 photos, 62 members
- Lensbaby Composer 23,282 photos, 1,975 members
- Lensbaby 79,606 photos, 10,059 members
- Guardian Camera Club 25,756 photos, 12,587 members
- Trash the Dress 9,495 photos, 2,771 members
- SWPP & BPPA Members Group 1,119 photos, 109 members
- Camphill Avenue 68 photos, 3 members
- This is Now 26,035 photos, 7,773 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 958,137 photos, 28,213 members
- By Accident 3,042 photos, 1,483 members
- dont box us in 155 photos, 215 members
- Glasgow Flickr Meetup Group 2,425 photos, 327 members
- Holga Weddings 689 photos, 142 members
- Nikon D300 Users 583,728 photos, 17,427 members
- BLUDOMAIN USERS 5,531 photos, 1,103 members
- Disabled Community & Pride 61 photos, 25 members
- Scottish High Street 365 photos, 36 members
- LOMO Repairs 139 photos, 621 members
- 'Name Me' or 'Agree a Fee.' 274 photos, 171 members
- Fray Quarterly: Issue 3: Sex & Death 124 photos, 601 members
- Das Kabinett Gallery ~ gone dark for rehang 1 photo, 992 members
- Scotlands Events 1,914 photos, 148 members
- Picture The Cure 481 photos, 293 members
- Flickr's Weekly Favorites Contest (DON'T POST TO THE POOL) 130 photos, 831 members
- Hotel Eden 364 photos, 178 members
ahead furniture says:
"One of her photos bears a caption taken from Konrad Adenauer:
“We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon.”
None would more fittingly describe her work.
I will now adduce another quote, though the person who said it is not famous.
"Poetry ought to be discreet, it has more staying power that way. Also, strive for simplicity. That way, it can reveal itself to us over and over again, and never tire the reader."
This is what Norma's photography makes me feel."
June 12th, 2007
"norma has such profound vision. she presents stark, sometimes shocking imagery that appeals to almost each of your senses. a truly brilliant artist, i'm humbled by her talent."
May 7th, 2007
Infinity Rain says:
"Norma..WOW What can a person say that her photos don't already. She has the kind of strength of character that makes others sit back in awe. A wonderful eye for photography that draws people right into the photo no matter what (or who) it is of. I don't remember how I ran across Norma, or if she found me first but I do know on several ocassions her photography and spirit has brought me to tears. MAKE time to visit her stream because you can't *browse* them, you'll be locked into each one for quite some time. *hugs beautiful*"
April 12th, 2007
four jam says:
"wonderful photographer, fabulous woman, fascinating person, gorgeous mom, real angel :))"
March 18th, 2007
"It's clearly time I wrote some words about Lou (Norma).
One of my longest-standing contacts, we share a common connection with our autistic son's. I think that fact brought us together initially.
Beyond that I have come to know Lou through her images. Imbued with a joy for life and living, her photos are always thoughtful and full of soul. There is a truth in all of her work.
What I enjoy most I think is the obvious thought that goes into every one of her images, and she is willing to challenge herself and us as she often experiments with occasional forays into the experimental and conceptual.
Thanks for being you Lou, and I'm glad we've made a connection."
March 16th, 2007
"Outstanding and Profound.
What else do you need to know?
Subtle and Tender.
Alright - AND Amusing!"
November 8th, 2006
"Norma's flickrstream is truly an inspiration. Her images span a wide variety of subjects and are ageless. Always technically and compositionally sound…her pictures scream reality..and the words that accompany them are profound and thought provoking. She is kind, philosophical and creative. A master of her art…she is an inspiration and I feel honored to have her as a flickr friend.
Thanks for sharing and inspiring!"
October 24th, 2006
"Norma's images span a wide variety of genres, from photojournalistic shots to flower macros. She excels at all types of photography, and each image tells an incredible story. My favorites of her shots are definitely her portraits - she has a remarkable gift for bringing out the best in her subjects. I'm so glad I've found her and her inspiring photostream."
June 13th, 2006
secretive vacation says:
"Lou takes photos which excel at two things: humanity and sheer impact. Great stuff."
May 12th, 2006
- Norma Desmond
- March 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- photography website