Disclaimer: All photos unless otherwise indicated are not taken or owned by me. They are used solely for the purpose of discussion, education and inspiration. These images are not intended for any commercial purpose.
I have passion for maintaining the memory of 20th century fashion designers, models and photographers including photojournalists. My sets are a homage to the work of these incredibly talented people, especially the lesser known designers and photographers whose names have disappeared from the history of fashion. They deserve to be known, remembered and celebrated for their impact on 20th century fashion, however large or small.
I also have great respect for photojournalists who have been to some of the worst places in the world to bring to us their images. Their sets are also included in my stream.
I give full credit to the copyright owners and where the copyright has been stated, I have provided the copyright text in full and I've also provided links to the organisations that own the images.
I've uploaded 100's of my own scans from vintage Harper's Bazaar, Vogue, LIFE and other magazines. You're most welcome to save them, upload to blogs, Flickr, to your websites and to share..a credit line or a link to the image/sets would be appreciated.
My favourite blogs:
- Vintage Bride 1,967 photos, 652 members
- Vintage Magazines 42,101 photos, 2,972 members
- Ballet and Dance - Photos and Art 4,968 photos, 478 members
- Antique Photos 29,122 photos, 525 members
- Antique Photographs 61,407 photos, 1,611 members
- Photos from the 1950's 6,644 photos, 396 members
- 1950's model Mary Jane Russell 21 photos, 21 members
- 1960's 17,582 photos, 994 members
- Wedge Heels & Wartime - Forties in Print [VINTAGE] 5,816 photos, 801 members
- The Second World War 3,324 photos, 225 members
- WorldWar 4,715 photos, 59 members
- 100 years old 28,651 photos, 6,383 members
- Pre-1930 Photos 27,757 photos, 936 members
- Ads Through the Ages 38,763 photos, 645 members
- 1950's Beauty Products 477 photos, 206 members
- Dietrich 552 photos, 351 members
- Photos from the 1940's 4,369 photos, 287 members
- 1940's vehicles and nostalgia 2,395 photos, 110 members
- 1940 374 photos, 19 members
- Photos from the 1930's 4,197 photos, 245 members
- Photos from 1910-1920 4,420 photos, 259 members
- Photos from 1900-1910 4,753 photos, 227 members
- Photos from the 1920's 2,973 photos, 301 members
- 1920's 7,929 photos, 1,047 members
- 1940's Beauty Products 189 photos, 65 members
- 1940's Fashion 1,010 photos, 331 members
- The WORLD WAR II 2,451 photos, 570 members
- Battle of Britain and the UK Blitz 1940-1941 2,506 photos, 380 members
- 1930's 3,968 photos, 197 members
- Flowers Group 510,413 photos, 31,409 members
- BLUE FLOWERS ONLY (POST 1 AWARD 3) Sweeper Active! 2,556 photos, 681 members
- Tuxedo cats 25,165 photos, 2,577 members
- Cats Gone Crazy 717 photos, 44 members
- Black and White Cats ONLY Not Black and White Pictures 4,110 photos, 404 members
- Bonsai Lovers 5,356 photos, 1,066 members
- PLANET EARTH MACRO WORLD 31,946 photos, 819 members
- Red Flowers 40,611 photos, 7,284 members
- FLOWER IN THE SKY 10,077 photos, 1,789 members
- Pink N Powerful~ Pink flowers ONLY! Contest 45 Now Voting! 46,064 photos, 4,706 members
- Multi-Colored Flowers 13,229 photos, 1,735 members
- White Flowers Only 48,629 photos, 6,820 members
- poppy - unlimited 4,878 photos, 1,013 members
- Flower Obsession 92,415 photos, 4,416 members
- Pink Flowers (Please read the rules before posting!!!) 7,952 photos, 1,158 members
- PLANET EARTH BUTTERFLIES, BEES, BUGS, AND INSECTS 54,723 photos, 2,827 members
- Pink Is Beautiful And Sensual *NATURE ONLY* 23,937 photos, 1,456 members
- Pink Flowers 101,116 photos, 10,773 members
- Purple Flowers 51,242 photos, 7,866 members
- Yellow Flowers 55,813 photos, 11,101 members
- Gorgeous Flowers ✿ Contest : Cosmos is opened 31,643 photos, 2,627 members
Jennifer Elaine Demont says:
"This site is the ultimate concentration of pure femininity!
So fabulous. Many, many thanks!"
February 15th, 2012
"Christine's sheer devotion and passion for the images of vintage fashion is evident in her stream. It is nothing short of amazing...an encyclopedic accumulation of every name, from designer to photographer to model, can be found here.
It is a researcher's paradise. Her work is so very important in keeping alive the names of all of the talent that would otherwise be forgotten.
She has spent her hard-earned money on acquiring the fashion magazines of yesteryear and taken the time in scanning them for us and our enjoyment.
Her generosity in sharing them with us, I find truly remarkable.
Here's hoping that she will be able to continue with this remarkable body of work and that her collection will grow ever larger.
Her stream is a daily must for me...and should be for you too !"
August 23rd, 2011
- August 2010
- Melbourne, Australia