Dajavous is really a team - DA "the man who can" who takes photos, processes them, keeps the PC running etc under the direction of "she who must be obeyed", JA who writes, researches and cribs the descriptions, adds comments and creates galleries.
Last birthday JA received a new camera of her own - to reduce the wear & tear on DA's ears. (She is learning to frame shots, strictly point & shoot, doesn't mess with the controls but is having lots of fun.)
We met at university and have been together for more than 30 years.
JA likes to make virtual scrapbooks of the places we visit, so you will find many of our sets loaded with comments, text and links to other websites. This can take a great deal of time and I have many projects and galleries 'in progress'.
My galleries fall into two groups:
information galleries (generally about stained glass, art, architecture, places ...)
concepts (often colour-themed).
This is my most visited gallery:
I belong to the Flickr galleries group where the admins work really hard to create manual lists of people's galleries.
JA is currently undergoing 'a bit of a jigsaw phase'. She favours wooden puzzles and has just started a new flickr group called 'Traditional Wooden Jigsaws' - please drop in for a look. She is also a proud admin of the Edward Burne Jones group (and loves to combine her obsessions). She is also helping to build a new group, 'Nottinghamshire Parish Churches'.
I use comments to include photos I've found from other flickr members to illustrate points or cover aspects we overlooked - I am extremely grateful to them all for sharing their photos on flickr and with me. The ability to paste large images in comments is a fantastic tool for comparative research on art and architecture. I hate twinkling award gifs, whose unpopularity threatens this.
It would be impossible to ask permission to feature each individual photo. If you don't like the way I have featured your photo please contact me and I will remove it.
The map is a bit of a cheat - it includes both our travels, some business and stopovers on route!
visited 24 states (10.6%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of dajavous (1)
- Greater London Churches 4,678 photos, 99 members
- Just Jigsaws 21 photos, 1 member
- Fides + Spes + Caritas 701 photos, 46 members
- Robert Anning Bell R. A. (1863 -1933) 81 photos, 11 members
- The English Parish Church 6,160 photos, 78 members
- England 1500-1660 607 photos, 22 members
- Gothic Britain 1,325 photos, 35 members
- Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire 3,825 photos, 326 members
- Tapestries 452 photos, 77 members
- Medieval Bestiary 4,432 photos, 120 members
- Jigsaw Shots 13,716 photos, 406 members
- Work of Heaton, Butler and Bayne 828 photos, 24 members
- The BIG Jigsaw Puzzle Collection 2,647 photos, 228 members
- Sol and Luna at the Crucifixion 433 photos, 27 members
- Banners in churches 1,195 photos, 27 members
- Nottinghamshire Parish Churches 1,880 photos, 24 members
- Artistic Puzzles 1,982 photos, 73 members
- Traditional Wooden Jigsaws 1,888 photos, 51 members
- Puzzle Pastimes Network 32 photos, 12 members
- Powell's / Whitefriars Stained Glass 1834-1973 608 photos, 24 members
- Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles 178 photos, 11 members
- Moorcroft Pottery 60 photos, 13 members
- Sir Ninian Comper 2,246 photos, 56 members
- Clayton and Bell Stained Glass 1,922 photos, 48 members
- William Wailes 921 photos, 29 members
- Alfred Waterhouse 406 photos, 53 members
- John Hardman Studios 1,076 photos, 24 members
- European Wooden Architecture (No half-timber) 7,178 photos, 543 members
- The Art of John Everett Millais 1,058 photos, 182 members
- St Christopher 609 photos, 20 members
- Henry Holiday 1,314 photos, 39 members
- Burlison & Grylls Stained Glass 2,957 photos, 37 members
- The Epiphany 438 photos, 48 members
- Music and musicians in church sculpture and art 3,661 photos, 64 members
- Scottish fungi, lichen and mosses 1,764 photos, 120 members
- Philip Webb 231 photos, 21 members
- Jigsaws 9,818 photos, 451 members
- Kilmartin 78 photos, 12 members
- Charles Eamer Kempe 4,332 photos, 69 members
- Arabic & Mughal Architecture 5,886 photos, 674 members
- Beautiful Ceilings 10,356 photos, 724 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,625 members
- Pelican in her Piety 818 photos, 34 members
- Angels-just plain angels 9,775 photos, 1,448 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 202,483 photos, 14,464 members
- Stained Glass Help 93 photos, 63 members
- Unusual view (No flowers, animals, landscapes) 39,442 photos, 1,507 members
- high quality nature 135,494 photos, 3,826 members
- Chatsworth's official photo sharing site 4,293 photos, 337 members
- British Rock Art Collection 242 photos, 75 members
dajavous doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2010
- I am:
- Female and Taken