Dajavous is really a team - DA "the man who can" who takes photos, processes them, keeps the PC running etc under the direction of "she who must be obeyed", JA who writes, researches and cribs the descriptions, adds comments and creates galleries.
Last birthday JA received a new camera of her own - to reduce the wear & tear on DA's ears. (She is learning to frame shots, strictly point & shoot, doesn't mess with the controls but is having lots of fun.)
We met at university and have been together for more than 30 years.
JA likes to make virtual scrapbooks of the places we visit, so you will find many of our sets loaded with comments, text and links to other websites. This can take a great deal of time and I have many projects and galleries 'in progress'.
My galleries fall into two groups:
information galleries (generally about stained glass, art, architecture, places ...)
concepts (often colour-themed).
This is my most visited gallery:
I belong to the Flickr galleries group where the admins work really hard to create manual lists of people's galleries.
JA is currently undergoing 'a bit of a jigsaw phase'. She favours wooden puzzles and has just started a new flickr group called 'Traditional Wooden Jigsaws' - please drop in for a look. She is also a proud admin of the Edward Burne Jones group (and loves to combine her obsessions). She is also helping to build a new group, 'Nottinghamshire Parish Churches'.
I use comments to include photos I've found from other flickr members to illustrate points or cover aspects we overlooked - I am extremely grateful to them all for sharing their photos on flickr and with me. The ability to paste large images in comments is a fantastic tool for comparative research on art and architecture. I hate twinkling award gifs, whose unpopularity threatens this.
It would be impossible to ask permission to feature each individual photo. If you don't like the way I have featured your photo please contact me and I will remove it.
The map is a bit of a cheat - it includes both our travels, some business and stopovers on route!
visited 24 states (10.6%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of dajavous (1)
- Puzzle Michèle Wilson 40 photos, 5 members
- Greater London Churches 5,168 photos, 111 members
- Just Jigsaws 21 photos, 1 member
- Fides + Spes + Caritas 772 photos, 47 members
- Robert Anning Bell R. A. (1863 -1933) 81 photos, 11 members
- The English Parish Church 8,069 photos, 111 members
- England 1500-1660 786 photos, 24 members
- Gothic Britain 1,525 photos, 33 members
- Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire 4,123 photos, 348 members
- Tapestries 453 photos, 77 members
- Medieval Bestiary 4,618 photos, 128 members
- Jigsaw Shots 16,095 photos, 409 members
- Work of Heaton, Butler and Bayne 925 photos, 31 members
- The BIG Jigsaw Puzzle Collection 3,299 photos, 273 members
- Sol and Luna at the Crucifixion 435 photos, 27 members
- Banners in churches 1,363 photos, 30 members
- Nottinghamshire Parish Churches 1,982 photos, 27 members
- Artistic Puzzles 2,808 photos, 87 members
- Traditional Wooden Jigsaws 2,118 photos, 60 members
- Puzzle Pastimes Network 32 photos, 12 members
- Powell's / Whitefriars Stained Glass 1834-1973 847 photos, 32 members
- Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles 201 photos, 15 members
- Moorcroft Pottery 62 photos, 13 members
- Sir Ninian Comper 2,470 photos, 58 members
- Clayton and Bell Stained Glass 2,088 photos, 51 members
- William Wailes 988 photos, 33 members
- Alfred Waterhouse 463 photos, 55 members
- John Hardman Studios 1,245 photos, 29 members
- European Wooden Architecture (No half-timber) 7,633 photos, 567 members
- The Art of John Everett Millais 1,051 photos, 184 members
- St Christopher 642 photos, 22 members
- Henry Holiday 1,390 photos, 40 members
- Burlison & Grylls Stained Glass 3,111 photos, 41 members
- The Epiphany 540 photos, 50 members
- Music and musicians in church sculpture and art 3,931 photos, 71 members
- Scottish fungi, lichen and mosses 1,248 photos, 125 members
- Philip Webb 239 photos, 21 members
- Jigsaws 11,487 photos, 474 members
- Kilmartin 77 photos, 12 members
- Charles Eamer Kempe 4,802 photos, 75 members
- Arabic & Mughal Architecture 6,075 photos, 698 members
- Beautiful Ceilings 11,469 photos, 763 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,548 members
- Pelican in her Piety 876 photos, 37 members
- Angels-just plain angels 10,286 photos, 1,490 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 219,120 photos, 15,000 members
- Stained Glass Help 103 photos, 69 members
- Unusual view (No flowers, animals, landscapes) 40,374 photos, 1,528 members
- high quality nature 146,206 photos, 3,923 members
- Chatsworth's official photo sharing site 4,686 photos, 359 members
dajavous doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2010
- I am:
- Female and Taken