SF Bay Area writer + wildlife advocate - Dedicated to my Oly OMD
* I've made some of my images are available for editorial and educational use, but I ask that they not be used to promote violence toward animals, which includes practices like hunting, trapping, or pest control. Thank you for that consideration.
• Member NANPA Wildlife Photography Ethics Committee
• Member International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
A recent post by International Bird Rescue where I had the opportunity to discuss some of my thoughts about field ethics:
The well-being of animals I photograph takes precedence over the photo. As a general rule and to the best of my ability, I work to reduce how intrusive my presence is. To that end:
-- I use long lenses for wildlife, and my primary lens is the Oly 300mm f/4 (which has an effective 600mm reach)
-- I don't bait or lure wild animals like owls or foxes, a practice common in some areas
-- I don't use calls or decoys, electronic or other
-- I'm cautious about (and generally avoid) nesting/denning areas, so as not to disturb or draw attention to the location. Exceptions include situations like heron or egret rookeries not compromised by human presence.
I've had a camera in my hands since my first Kodak Instamatic, a gift I received in grade school to document our expat lives in Geneva and Amsterdam. I've also had an enduring love for animals and ecology. But, it wasn't until I began volunteering at wildlife hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area about ten years ago, that my nature and photography passions converged.
Working in wildlife rehabilitation gave me an intimate view into the lives and struggles of species so often inaccessible and removed from our own. I do my best to paint my experience and theirs in pixels, hoping to promote love and appreciation for our fellow travelers on this planet.
In naturalistic or documentary photography, I make standard edits on RAW files. For fine art images and prints, I do take artistic license with effect and outcome. I love the modern tools afforded us, and enjoy the creativity of the digital dark room process.
Some adjustments on my images include: sharpness, levels, contrast, noise reduction, wb/color adjustments where needed, vignettes, and in some cases, spot removal.
I'm currently (slowly) updating my catalog of images for caption consistency.
USING MY PHOTOS
** Although some of my images are available for use under a Creative Commons license ...
... I ask they not be used to promote violent events or content, including hunting projects. Thank you for being respectful of this request. **
PHOTO CREDIT: Ingrid Taylar. And, in electronic media, a link back to my photo website (www.ingridtaylar.com).
** Part of the reason I upload select images to Flickr is to participate in the Creative Commons community, providing images for the purpose of education, preservation, conservation and teaching. Some photos are fully-protected or licensed exclusively to Getty or elsewhere, and cannot be used. So, please check on an image-by-image basis.
I always appreciate knowing where my images were used, so feel free to drop me an email or post the usage under the photo. Many thanks!
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. [[:-)
~ Ingrid Taylar
:: Photo website: www.ingridtaylar.com
:: Instagram: Ingrid Taylar Instagram
Gear: I used micro four thirds, mirrorless cameras from Olympus.
• Olympus E-M1
• Olympus E-M5II
• m.zuiko 300mm f/4.0
• m.zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8
• m.zuiko 14-54mm
• Sony RX100
- Panasonic 100-400 f/4-6.3 11,620 photos, 743 members
- American Photographer 11,600 photos, 482 members
- Banded Brown Pelicans 328 photos, 73 members
- Get Olympus 351,698 photos, 4,772 members
- Four Thirds Photography* 34,686 photos, 806 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 181,964 photos, 6,078 members
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm Lens 9,704 photos, 623 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 12,183 photos, 1,102 members
- Who Needs a Mirror? 37,191 photos, 820 members
- Olympus OM-D Series Photography Sample Group 269,536 photos, 5,170 members
- Olympus E-M1 Photography 101,168 photos, 1,850 members
- Bay Area Bird Photographers (BABP) 2,974 photos, 41 members
- #SFflickrmeetup - San Francisco Flickr Meetups 5,346 photos, 368 members
- Post 1 / Fav 3! One per day! 14,010 photos, 789 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 275,136 photos, 5,513 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 736,293 photos, 26,640 members
- iPhone Freaks 365,165 photos, 10,093 members
- iPhone Obsession (,^^) 105,599 photos, 4,030 members
- Mob Paint 18,774 photos, 608 members
- Instagram 151,465 photos, 8,131 members
- Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve 10,117 photos, 395 members
- Monterey Peninsula 13,539 photos, 1,095 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,820 photos, 1,861 members
- Wikimedia Commons 15,740 photos, 639 members
- Wikipedia 25,467 photos, 529 members
- Project Weather 614,904 photos, 92,633 members
- Close up Animals 66,410 photos, 1,577 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 60,838 photos, 1,322 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 27,884 photos, 4,597 members
- East Bay Birding Affiliated (EBBA) 8,942 photos, 152 members
- Juanita Bay Park Photography 2,125 photos, 66 members
- Seattle Parks 1,982 photos, 168 members
- DISCOVERY PARK - SEATTLE 457 photos, 90 members
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge 4,654 photos, 224 members
- The Wildlife Conservation Pass Project 3,812 photos, 73 members
- Birds of Washington State 15,636 photos, 189 members
- Berkeleyside 16,051 photos, 434 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 32,734 photos, 18,656 members
- Issaquah, WA 1,177 photos, 109 members
- Seattle Photographers 45,977 photos, 1,144 members
- Audubon magazine 290,581 photos, 2,527 members
- Great Seattle Wheel 198 photos, 52 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 325,747 photos, 6,863 members
- Zuiko Lenses 16,353 photos, 335 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 80,018 photos, 1,405 members
- Pacific Northwest Tugboats 6,621 photos, 170 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 695,172 photos, 14,773 members
- Parting Shots 1,317 photos, 703 members
- Burdr 111,040 photos, 1,047 members
- Queen Anne Seattle 1,466 photos, 97 members
Ingrid Taylar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ingrid Taylar
- August 2004
- San Francisco
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Writer + Photography
- Ingrid Taylar Foto