I dress in the dark and eat only whole grain bread. I carry a cell phone where ever I go, but I keep it turned off to save the battery.
Self imposed discipline: For every new photo posted there must be a "Found" photo and a "Recycle" photo. Slows things down a bit.
Well after two years of that, I see it is beginning to break down. Oh well.
So now I have had to discontinue the Recycle portion of the stream. It was causing too much turmoil in the blogs where some of the pictures are being used. When I move them to the top of the Flickr stack, they sometimes disappear where they have been used on a blog.
The “Found Photographs” are now collected in a blog site called “LOST GALLERY”. It features photographs from this stream and some other fine collectors of abandoned photographs. The photographs are categorized on individual pages so one can rapidly review dozens of photographs on one subject.
03/17/2012 update. Okay that did it. Just so you’ll know how I feel, adding one of my photographs to your collection of 148 thousand “favorites” is not a compliment. If you need an explanation of that, you are just not thinking.
Likewise, if you make me one of your "treasured" 800 or 900 contacts it is just no honor. You simply cannot review several hundred new postings regularly. So I must assume: You Don't.
This is not Facebook.
Update 20141003: I have decided to discontinue commenting on any photograph that has a bunch of those "award" icons in the comment section. It's just a bunch of clutter.
While paging though a subject-group of posted photographs, I began to realize that more than half the photographs in the group were off topic. Some of those photographs were posted in hundreds of groups. I didn’t investigate but they were probably off-topic in most of them. Why do they do this? Self-promotion, I guess; anything for a stat-counted visit to their stream, no matter how brief or what purpose.
That did it. I just ran across a photograph that had been posted in 756 groups! That’s just blatant self-promotion. It’s not photography, it is just ego trip! From now on, I will not comment on any photograph that is posted in more than twenty groups. I will not join or will drop out of any group that appears to go unsupervised and unmoderated. So there. (I have stamped my foot. Twice.)
Photos of anyjazz65 (1)
- Vintage Non-superhero Comic Books 3,295 photos, 330 members
- Orphanpix 7,502 photos, 185 members
- PALACE THEATERS 163 photos, 10 members
- Theater Marquees 12,962 photos, 1,200 members
- Naive Backgrounds in Vintage Photos, 19th to mid 20th Century 273 photos, 70 members
- Found Photo Archive 4,643 photos, 84 members
- Early Photographic Processes 682 photos, 31 members
- Tintypes, ambrotypes, Wet-plate Collodion photographs 13,741 photos, 2,343 members
- Best Shot of the Day 124,754 photos, 2,592 members
- Vintage Product Placement 725 photos, 51 members
- When the Memory Fades: Identified Victorian and Edwardian Images 1,251 photos, 71 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 75,191 photos, 2,472 members
- If You Don't Like It, Piss Off. 59,484 photos, 1,399 members
- Image of the Day 17,990 photos, 327 members
- Favorite of the Day 10,474 photos, 198 members
- Dancing Outside 420 photos, 57 members
- Anything Absurd 18,560 photos, 721 members
- Squinting at the Sun. Vintage Photographs. 1,231 photos, 54 members
- The Railroad Museum 8,789 photos, 349 members
- Wallet Worn 282 photos, 43 members
- David Stone Martin 50 photos, 12 members
- Cloudporn 273,833 photos, 44,517 members
- Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday 285 photos, 33 members
- Theater Buildings 9,377 photos, 671 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 21,279 photos, 1,313 members
- Movie Theatres 21,090 photos, 766 members
- Ghostsigns 17,538 photos, 780 members
- Itinerant Street Photography 822 photos, 104 members
- The Vintage Man 7,807 photos, 483 members
- Photo Trouvée 23,556 photos, 601 members
- Vintage Black and White photographs 24,829 photos, 448 members
- Old Family Pictures With Cars In Them 7,193 photos, 290 members
- Former Theaters 11,383 photos, 612 members
- Funny Signs, Silly Signs, Old Signs and Signs and More signs 5,958 photos, 377 members
- The Daily Post 353,482 photos, 4,993 members
- Ghost Signs 36,965 photos, 2,412 members
- S!gns 113,058 photos, 5,131 members
- Great Signs 114,620 photos, 5,429 members
- Vintage Eyes That Speak 3,242 photos, 154 members
- Mysterious Vintage Photos 316 photos, 296 members
- IMAGE`S OF BUILDINGS - OLD AND NEW 101,568 photos, 1,094 members
- Vintage Bathing Beauties/Belles - Late 19th Century to 1930's 748 photos, 509 members
- Sculptures, Statues, and Public Art 297,396 photos, 11,022 members
- Vintage Shadow People 884 photos, 202 members
- Retro Beach 4,569 photos, 878 members
- Vintage Musicians 1,692 photos, 242 members
- WW II 52,744 photos, 3,368 members
- Vintage Kids as Cowpokes 390 photos, 238 members
- The Aviation Museum 139,587 photos, 3,550 members
- Found Images: All Types 31,472 photos, 469 members
- I See Chickens 1 photo
- Lockheed Constellation 02 49 photos
- Country Roads 41 photos
- Walls by ed ed 50 photos
- It should be a painting too. 42 photos
- First Class Landscapes 13 photos
- Jack Davis 4 photos
- Posing on a Pony - The Itinerant Photographer 38 photos
- The Paul Jackson Gallery 47 photos
- Welcome To Oklahoma 18 photos
- Fun Signs 9 photos
- It should be a Painting 48 photos
- Paducah Palace Theater 12 photos
- Those Flying Machines 21 photos
- Circles 2 photos
- Horizons 16 photos
- Birds 19 photos
- Doors. 9 photos
- Aircraft 8 photos
- Hearts 11 photos
- Curious Cats 33 photos
- Portraits of My Friends 42 photos
- Tiny Bits of Beauty 49 photos
- Curl Up and Dye 32 photos
- Children Posing on the Porch 4 photos
- Novelty Photograph - Prop Car 23 photos
- Scrap Metal Sculpture 22 photos
- Goat Cart II 27 photos
- Hotel Traymore 14 photos
- Goat Cart 49 photos
- The Dark 12 photos
- The Palace 15 photos
- The Umbrella Rock II 6 photos
- The Bloom 8 photos
- Metal Horse Sculptures 25 photos
- Lockheed Constellation 49 photos
- Short S.8 Calcutta Trimotor biplane 16 photos
- Unintentional Murals 10 photos
- The Novelty Photo Booth 44 photos
- Bows 16 photos
- Snowdrift Perfect Shortening 15 photos
- The Umbrella Rock 30 photos
- Faces to Ponder 14 photos
"The funniest, kindest, man i've found of flickr. A great observer of people and things. An eye for the unusual and the absurd and the hilarious. Generous, warm, intelligent, and a witty sharp mind. Not many of those to the pound."
May 3rd, 2017
Mikey G Ottawa says:
"Fred's a jazz-lover, an artist, a kind soul, a lover of art and music, a collector of vintage memorabilia and photos and a nice guy. He writes an internet blog and boasts an impressive collection of photos on Flickr here. I am happy to have made his acquaintance here on Flickr and respect his fine work. Keep up your great work, Fred-you're an inspiration for me and many others. Many Thanks & Best Wishes to You & Yours, Fred! Peace."
February 25th, 2012
"An extraordinary talent,,not just as a photographer, but, as an observer,he sees what we should all see but don't. His sense of humour transgresses sex,colour and religion, he is truly a human microscope...( did that make sense),,,DEL"
June 24th, 2008
"Anyjazz65 is a master at looking at the details of old photographs, then pointing out what he sees. He has surprised me once or twice on my own photos, noticing things I should have seen, but didnt' until he mentioned it.
He takes a photograph and weaves a tale into it in such a humorous way that you find yourself caught up in the game, adding to it. Along the same line, he can take a photo and remind you of why it is important to remember the history we all share, and the questions we should be asking while there is still a chance to get some answers from someone who knows.
A master, in my eyes, of the antique photograph. A friend, too :)"
May 30th, 2007
- August 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Thinks Happen