I dress in the dark and eat only whole grain bread. I carry a cell phone where ever I go, but I keep it turned off to save the battery.
Self imposed discipline: For every new photo posted there must be a "Found" photo and a "Recycle" photo. Slows things down a bit.
Well after two years of that, I see it is beginning to break down. Oh well.
So now I have had to discontinue the Recycle portion of the stream. It was causing too much turmoil in the blogs where some of the pictures are being used. When I move them to the top of the Flickr stack, they sometimes disappear where they have been used on a blog.
The “Found Photographs” are now collected in a blog site called “LOST GALLERY”. It features photographs from this stream and some other fine collectors of abandoned photographs. The photographs are categorized on individual pages so one can rapidly review dozens of photographs on one subject.
03/17/2012 update. Okay that did it. Just so you’ll know how I feel, adding one of my photographs to your collection of 148 thousand “favorites” is not a compliment. If you need an explanation of that, you are just not thinking.
Likewise, if you make me one of your "treasured" 800 or 900 contacts it is just no honor. You simply cannot review several hundred new postings regularly. So I must assume: You Don't.
This is not Facebook.
Update 20141003: I have decided to discontinue commenting on any photograph that has a bunch of those "award" icons in the comment section. It's just a bunch of clutter.
While paging though a subject-group of posted photographs, I began to realize that more than half the photographs in the group were off topic. Some of those photographs were posted in hundreds of groups. I didn’t investigate but they were probably off-topic in most of them. Why do they do this? Self-promotion, I guess; anything for a stat-counted visit to their stream, no matter how brief or what purpose.
That did it. I just ran across a photograph that had been posted in 756 groups! That’s just blatant self-promotion. It’s not photography, it is just ego trip! From now on, I will not comment on any photograph that is posted in more than ten groups. I will not join or will drop out of any group that appears to go unsupervised and unmoderated. So there. (I have stamped my foot. Twice.)
Photos of anyjazz65 (1)
- Trinidad High Country Photos 308 photos, 45 members
- OLD PHOTOS BY SEASIDE PHOTOGRAPHERS 158 photos, 12 members
- Dancing Outside 389 photos, 48 members
- Anything Absurd 17,063 photos, 692 members
- Naive Backgrounds in Vintage Photos, 19th to mid 20th Century 208 photos, 53 members
- Vintage Photographs (pre-1945) [Directory] 3,624 photos, 490 members
- World War 2 Fighter Planes 772 photos, 77 members
- Double Exposure 111,486 photos, 30,591 members
- Squinting at the Sun. Vintage Photographs. 672 photos, 32 members
- The Railroad Museum 7,540 photos, 325 members
- Wallet Worn 253 photos, 35 members
- David Stone Martin 47 photos, 12 members
- Cloudporn 277,999 photos, 41,206 members
- What's That Picture? (pre-1945 mysteries) 1,505 photos, 325 members
- Flickr Contact Page Juxtaposition CLOSED - 0 photos, 14 members
- Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday 302 photos, 31 members
- Theater Buildings 7,510 photos, 564 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 17,114 photos, 1,212 members
- Movie Theatres 16,522 photos, 694 members
- Ghostsigns 13,555 photos, 736 members
- Itinerant Street Photography 744 photos, 93 members
- Inadvertent Art 942 photos, 80 members
- The Vintage Man 7,258 photos, 420 members
- Photo Trouvée 21,629 photos, 499 members
- Vintage In Colour 8,222 photos, 547 members
- Vintage Black and White photographs 18,443 photos, 330 members
- Strange Meetings/Juxtapositions (no people, animals...) 5,058 photos, 189 members
- Old Family Pictures With Cars In Them 6,013 photos, 259 members
- Former Theaters 10,413 photos, 585 members
- Funny Signs, Silly Signs, Old Signs and Signs and More signs 4,845 photos, 360 members
- Movie Stills 12,114 photos, 1,206 members
- The Daily Post 292,426 photos, 4,826 members
- Vintage Background People 4,281 photos, 407 members
- Ghost Signs 31,032 photos, 2,287 members
- S!gns 104,219 photos, 5,090 members
- Great Signs 103,212 photos, 5,388 members
- Vintage Eyes That Speak 3,166 photos, 148 members
- Mysterious Vintage Photos 333 photos, 291 members
- IMAGE`S OF BUILDINGS - OLD AND NEW 83,894 photos, 1,013 members
- Vintage Bathing Beauties/Belles - Late 19th Century to 1930's 634 photos, 444 members
- Sculptures, Statues, and Public Art 251,098 photos, 10,518 members
- A Tribute to the Art of Album Covers 10,363 photos, 230 members
- WWII Bombers 13,006 photos, 885 members
- Vintage Shadow People 820 photos, 185 members
- Retro Beach 4,260 photos, 793 members
- Vintage Musicians 1,685 photos, 222 members
- WW II 44,205 photos, 3,206 members
- Vintage Kids as Cowpokes 402 photos, 236 members
- The Aviation Museum 107,870 photos, 3,209 members
- The Snapshot 10,691 photos, 158 members
"An extraordinary talent,,not just as a photographer, but, as an observer,he sees what we should all see but don't. His sense of humour transgresses sex,colour and religion, he is truly a human microscope...( did that make sense),,,DEL"
June 24th, 2008
"Anyjazz65 is a master at looking at the details of old photographs, then pointing out what he sees. He has surprised me once or twice on my own photos, noticing things I should have seen, but didnt' until he mentioned it.
He takes a photograph and weaves a tale into it in such a humorous way that you find yourself caught up in the game, adding to it. Along the same line, he can take a photo and remind you of why it is important to remember the history we all share, and the questions we should be asking while there is still a chance to get some answers from someone who knows.
A master, in my eyes, of the antique photograph. A friend, too :)"
May 30th, 2007
- August 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Thinks Happen