I dress in the dark and eat only whole grain bread. I carry a cell phone where ever I go, but I keep it turned off to save the battery.
Self imposed discipline: For every new photo posted there must be a "Found" photo and a "Recycle" photo. Slows things down a bit.
Well after two years of that, I see it is beginning to break down. Oh well.
So now I have had to discontinue the Recycle portion of the stream. It was causing too much turmoil in the blogs where some of the pictures are being used. When I move them to the top of the Flickr stack, they sometimes disappear where they have been used on a blog.
The “Found Photographs” are now collected in a blog site called “LOST GALLERY”. It features photographs from this stream and some other fine collectors of abandoned photographs. The photographs are categorized on individual pages so one can rapidly review dozens of photographs on one subject.
03/17/2012 update. Okay that did it. Just so you’ll know how I feel, adding one of my photographs to your collection of 148 thousand “favorites” is not a compliment. If you need an explanation of that, you are just not thinking.
Likewise, if you make me one of your "treasured" 800 or 900 contacts it is just no honor. You simply cannot review several hundred new postings regularly. So I must assume: You Don't.
This is not Facebook.
Update 20141003: I have decided to discontinue commenting on any photograph that has a bunch of those "award" icons in the comment section. It's just a bunch of clutter.
While paging though a subject-group of posted photographs, I began to realize that more than half the photographs in the group were off topic. Some of those photographs were posted in hundreds of groups. I didn’t investigate but they were probably off-topic in most of them. Why do they do this? Self-promotion, I guess; anything for a stat-counted visit to their stream, no matter how brief or what purpose.
That did it. I just ran across a photograph that had been posted in 756 groups! That’s just blatant self-promotion. It’s not photography, it is just ego trip! From now on, I will not comment on any photograph that is posted in more than ten groups. I will not join or will drop out of any group that appears to go unsupervised and unmoderated. So there. (I have stamped my foot. Twice.)
Photos of anyjazz65 (1)
- Trinidad High Country Photo 386 photos, 48 members
- Dancing Outside 402 photos, 49 members
- Anything Absurd 17,338 photos, 699 members
- Naive Backgrounds in Vintage Photos, 19th to mid 20th Century 214 photos, 55 members
- Vintage Photographs (pre-1945) [Directory] 3,730 photos, 533 members
- World War 2 Fighter Planes 857 photos, 80 members
- Double Exposure 112,358 photos, 32,336 members
- Squinting at the Sun. Vintage Photographs. 801 photos, 36 members
- The Railroad Museum 7,734 photos, 328 members
- Wallet Worn 263 photos, 35 members
- David Stone Martin 48 photos, 12 members
- Cloudporn 278,199 photos, 42,047 members
- What's That Picture? (pre-1945 mysteries) 1,555 photos, 324 members
- Flickr Contact Page Juxtaposition CLOSED - 0 photos, 13 members
- Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday 302 photos, 33 members
- Theater Buildings 7,682 photos, 581 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 17,370 photos, 1,229 members
- Movie Theatres 16,801 photos, 699 members
- Ghostsigns 13,872 photos, 742 members
- Itinerant Street Photography 766 photos, 93 members
- Inadvertent Art 980 photos, 80 members
- The Vintage Man 7,421 photos, 426 members
- Photo Trouvée 22,044 photos, 510 members
- Vintage In Colour 8,491 photos, 554 members
- Vintage Black and White photographs 19,155 photos, 338 members
- Strange Meetings/Juxtapositions (no people, animals...) 5,038 photos, 189 members
- Old Family Pictures With Cars In Them 6,207 photos, 261 members
- Former Theaters 10,514 photos, 590 members
- Funny Signs, Silly Signs, Old Signs and Signs and More signs 4,965 photos, 364 members
- Movie Stills 12,129 photos, 1,204 members
- The Daily Post 300,797 photos, 4,862 members
- Vintage Background People 4,335 photos, 410 members
- Ghost Signs 31,440 photos, 2,311 members
- S!gns 105,756 photos, 5,102 members
- Great Signs 105,071 photos, 5,392 members
- Vintage Eyes That Speak 3,166 photos, 148 members
- Mysterious Vintage Photos 333 photos, 292 members
- IMAGE`S OF BUILDINGS - OLD AND NEW 86,105 photos, 1,027 members
- Vintage Bathing Beauties/Belles - Late 19th Century to 1930's 646 photos, 451 members
- Sculptures, Statues, and Public Art 256,619 photos, 10,602 members
- A Tribute to the Art of Album Covers 10,946 photos, 233 members
- WWII Bombers 13,300 photos, 900 members
- Vintage Shadow People 819 photos, 186 members
- Retro Beach 4,353 photos, 811 members
- Vintage Musicians 1,689 photos, 224 members
- WW II 45,791 photos, 3,236 members
- Vintage Kids as Cowpokes 404 photos, 237 members
- The Aviation Museum 112,877 photos, 3,272 members
- The Snapshot 10,742 photos, 157 members
- Found Images: All Types 31,326 photos, 422 members
"An extraordinary talent,,not just as a photographer, but, as an observer,he sees what we should all see but don't. His sense of humour transgresses sex,colour and religion, he is truly a human microscope...( did that make sense),,,DEL"
June 24th, 2008
"Anyjazz65 is a master at looking at the details of old photographs, then pointing out what he sees. He has surprised me once or twice on my own photos, noticing things I should have seen, but didnt' until he mentioned it.
He takes a photograph and weaves a tale into it in such a humorous way that you find yourself caught up in the game, adding to it. Along the same line, he can take a photo and remind you of why it is important to remember the history we all share, and the questions we should be asking while there is still a chance to get some answers from someone who knows.
A master, in my eyes, of the antique photograph. A friend, too :)"
May 30th, 2007
- August 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Thinks Happen