I am an 'early-retired' teacher, and for the last ten years I have been an author & publisher, specializing in colour guide-books about church architecture in Norfolk, U.K.
I am an experienced photographer, and take all my own photographs for the books. Until 2001, I was using an old Zenith S.L.R. film camera with Zeiss Ikon lenses, but since 2002 I have been entirely digital, progressing from HP-618 ( a beautiful Pentax clone ) through Minolta 404 ~ to Canon-G6, and HP-935.
My six+ years on Flickr. have proved to be a life-changing experience for me . . . creating the most amazing friendships all over the World . . . and sending me on wonderful holidays ~ in search of my Flickr-friends ~ to places like TAIWAN, and recently ~ the PHILIPPINE-ISLANDS ~ and I have left my heart there !!
I have just bought a Bungalow in the beautiful province of Cavite, a few miles south-west of the capital, Manila . . .
And I am now preparing to retire there in a couple of years !
From Cavite, I am hoping to fly to Vietnam, to meet another group of new Flickr-Friends ~ who are proving to be a real joy !
The Beautiful people of the Philippines have made me realize, quite suddenly, JUST HOW LITTLE 'stuff' ~ in material terms ~ we actually NEED, in order to find the things that MATTER . . . Love, Warmth, Friendship and Compassion !!
I am happy to chat with other members, and to encourage beginners, of all ages. I have uploaded a selection of my pictures from time to time, and I have already gathered together a number of SETS for my favourite topics . . . to help you navigate through my many images.
Feel free to comment, Flickr.mail, ~ or e-mail me anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have a fairly relaxed attitude to 'intellectual property and copyright', and I am usually prepared to allow other members to incorporate my images in their work, provided they give appropriate attribution..... "Photo. by kind permission of Geoff.H. Robinson" is all that it takes !
But PLEASE, do not use my work COMMERCIALLY !!
- kleinaberfein 3,474 photos, 124 members
- Beautiful Hell 12,859 photos, 2,979 members
- Schoolgirl's R us 105 photos, 3,313 members
- MOUNTAIN 115,661 photos, 10,839 members
- Philippines the beautiful 23,883 photos, 702 members
- For now we see sunset through a glass, darkly... 2,609 photos, 217 members
- it's closed 6,550 photos, 108 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,396,421 photos, 111,366 members
- ▼▲CON NGƯỜI VIỆT ▼▲ 552 photos, 45 members
- Art Climbers 13,909 photos, 1,713 members
- Age is Just a Number 25,539 photos, 2,196 members
- Suzuki Alto Nissan Pixo 282 photos, 15 members
- Asian cave 亚洲洞穴 17,385 photos, 3,145 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 22,664 photos, 38,137 members
- Charles Clutterbuck Stained Glass 17 photos, 4 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,762 photos, 17,899 members
- Philippines 163,582 photos, 8,346 members
- Travel And Tourism in the Philippines(Wow Philippines) 39,567 photos, 1,358 members
- I Crush Your Head 1,624 photos, 12,511 members
- Trompe I'oeil/Trick of the eye (read guidelines pls!) 1,617 photos, 338 members
- *PINOY WELCOME ARCHES* 468 photos, 38 members
- †✯Group with Ҽxperience✯ 3,590,934 photos, 473,811 members
- - Dead Famous - 1,174 photos, 111 members
- Walk in the city 28,689 photos, 446 members
- smile girl 28 photos, 8 members
- portat-org 1,644 photos, 22 members
- Food Porn 800,805 photos, 63,710 members
- Marine - (3 per day) 326,730 photos, 22,911 members
- Retables 375 photos, 57 members
- infinite flickr (please read posting rules) 574 photos, 3,541 members
- * Vanishing Points * 211,934 photos, 42,636 members
- What's your angle, buddy? 901,397 photos, 42,024 members
- Night Images 1,178,245 photos, 161,736 members
- HCB's "The Decisive Moment" 493 photos, 7,602 members
- Modern Churches of the UK 1,631 photos, 92 members
- Wells-next-the-Sea and Holkham 2,146 photos, 262 members
- Abandoned 1,088,708 photos, 75,686 members
- *Karma* 910,600 photos, 17,336 members
- PORTRAITS you can fall in love with... 484,647 photos, 22,840 members
- Bus (Worldwide): The Working Bus 261 photos, 36 members
- Deserted Villages in the UK 1,090 photos, 101 members
- Olde Inns of England 18,093 photos, 543 members
- Emptiness 165,044 photos, 11,938 members
- Writing Machines 6,044 photos, 10,278 members
- Windows to History 1,288 photos, 85 members
- Anges musiciens 4,660 photos, 78 members
- Window seat please 110,893 photos, 30,027 members
- Glass Works- post 1 comment on 3 21,226 photos, 2,555 members
- Entrance to Hell 3,560 photos, 19,148 members
- Vanishing Beauty - Please read the group description! 82,247 photos, 11,453 members
pixie pic says:
"Glad to know u too!
Don't worry, I was not involved in the crash, just an assignment from my class to snap e'thing about police, so I got this shot right in from of the police station!
I'm also using Zenit, but not so often as it's really heavy! LOL Luckily, the film processing here is still very very cheap - only 2GBP for 135 negative film or 3GBP for positive one.
So, I'm still the old-fashioned gal, carrying film camera everywhere, while others got the latest models of dSLR.
Anyway, keep in touch!"
June 9th, 2008
"Geoff has become one of my greatest photographic and personal friends. He was introduced by me to flick and has embraced this community of fellow photographers with kindness, teaching and encouragement to many on here. Geoff sees the beauty in life where ever he goes, and this is captured in his many and varied photostream of vision, colour and unique beauty of expression. Geoff's main specialism is his vast knowledge of church architecture and stained glass, which is a joy to see displayed. A person of immense knowledge and talent. Thanks Geoff for being simply you."
January 16th, 2008
"Geoff is not just an awesome photographer (i dare to say, one of the best i know), but a great person as well. More than a flickrer for me, he's a friend.
This man's work is that good that though his art we can get not just to see, but feel the images, that become full of life. His artwork is deeply recommendable, and I'm pretty sure his pictures will dazzle your senses just as they dazzle mine."
August 22nd, 2007
- Geoff Robinson
- February 2007
- Syderstone ~ Old Wesleyan Chapel
- Syderstone, Kings Lynn, Norfolk PE31 8SD, U.K. (Also Cavite, Philippines, from Nov. to Feb.)
- I am:
- Male and Single
- author & publisher ~ & organist.