Early 50's IT professional, with a passionate interest in photography, mainly coastal landscapes.
Started in the 80s with an OM10, then OM1, them OM2N. At that time I was mainly into F1 motorsport. The OM system is still IMHO the best and easiest system I have ever used on any camera every. Front setting for aperture and shutter speed. No trying to remember which nob or wheel to press. So simple, just brilliant system.
Then in about 1988 tried Minolta 9000, didn't like auto-focus, wasn't quick enough for motorsport, so begged my OM2N back from my Dad as a swap for the Minolta kit.
Eventually went back to Minolta on 700si, for later years of 35mm film. Really really good camera. What happened to Olympus, just sad really?
Went digital in 2009, choose Canon 500D, no real viable alternative available in my price range. Then upgraded to a 50D as wanted more robust body and better auto-focus. Then finally to full frame in Dec 2012 when the Canon 5D Mark II became a bargain.
Would love to get as good as some of the guys out there with their stunning landscapes and great tones. Need to practice more.
Born in Edinburgh, lived in Wick and London and finally settled in Eastbourne since 1988.
I would really love any constructive or otherwise feedback on any of my photos. Even it say it is rubbish, but please say why! I really want to learn and you guys are the best critics I can get.
Favorite Pro photographer is David Noton. Simple jaw dropping work.
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon EF 16-35mm f4 IS USM L
Canon 24-105mm f4 L IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f.2.8 USM L
Giottos MTL8361B Tripod with Manfrotto 498RC2 Head
Various Lee ND Grads, Pro Glass ND, Big Stopper ... etc
Lowepro Flipside 400AW
PRINTS OF MY WORK
I can arrange for large superb quality prints of any of my work, by professional photo lab (The Vault, Brighton) on quality paper with full archive capability, at cost, plus P+P, plus 10GBP for the photographer (me!). These prints are for personal use only.
For example a A3 print will cost approx 35GBP.
I can also do A4 prints on my home printer at a cost of 10GBP plus P+P.
Please contact me via dave_moyes@hotmail,com with any enquiries.
Photos of JamboEastbourne (3)
- A NATIONAL PARK 3,448 photos, 536 members
- Flickritis: Where 71,814 people are still happily infected! 5,239,976 photos, 71,874 members
- GREAT PANOS 46,804 photos, 3,534 members
- Eastbourne Pier 2014 125 photos, 21 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 737,068 photos, 42,079 members
- Landscapes Naturally 3,865 photos, 4,371 members
- HDR 1,010,299 photos, 93,138 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 136,198 photos, 21,122 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 4,217,346 photos, 115,384 members
- FlickrCentral 9,433,804 photos, 256,842 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 853,176 photos, 26,860 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,275,555 photos, 180,567 members
- Night Images 1,135,150 photos, 155,589 members
- ESP Collective "East Sussex Photographers" 798 photos, 40 members
- British Photographers 388,041 photos, 4,696 members
- Peak District National Park 72,982 photos, 3,645 members
- Artistic Photography 3,992,967 photos, 119,325 members
- HDR Unlimited 440,737 photos, 15,727 members
- Flickr Addicts 8,459,748 photos, 115,832 members
- Scotland 516,159 photos, 17,541 members
- The Big Stopper 13,146 photos, 1,497 members
- Isle of Skye 21,898 photos, 2,448 members
- Landscape photography 1,495,910 photos, 70,685 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,656,964 photos, 105,530 members
- Black and White Landscapes 59,126 photos, 3,569 members
- B/W Landscapes 14,923 photos, 3,265 members
- HDR goes b/w 8,684 photos, 1,317 members
- HDR from a single RAW 89,873 photos, 9,449 members
- HDR Churches 16,191 photos, 1,009 members
- HDR-Imaging 570,094 photos, 27,643 members
- South Downs National Park 6,757 photos, 258 members
- The British Countryside 412,664 photos, 8,834 members
- Friston Forest 121 photos, 23 members
- Lewes Bonfire Night 2011 (Processions) 80 photos, 20 members
- Lewes Bonfire Night 2,560 photos, 213 members
- English Castles 10,896 photos, 958 members
- Kent 86,467 photos, 2,536 members
- Dungeness 13,720 photos, 1,000 members
- Red Arrows 22,000 photos, 1,909 members
- Dorset 67,908 photos, 2,638 members
- Jurassic Coast 9,968 photos, 1,001 members
- LEE Filters 63,990 photos, 4,988 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,021,143 photos, 120,465 members
- Black and White 6,874,257 photos, 346,993 members
- UK Landscapes, Sea and Country. 299,855 photos, 8,249 members
- This is East Sussex 11,449 photos, 402 members
- Seven Sisters 1,568 photos, 235 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 709,489 photos, 31,348 members
- Englands South Coast 58,852 photos, 2,167 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 176,198 photos, 11,785 members
JamboEastbourne doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Dave Moyes
- January 2010
- Eastbourne, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- IT (Oracle DBA)
- dave_moyes [at] hotmail.com