Google Tech Talk
Old Text Blog: J-Curve
My photo collections on flickr.
All of my photos are free to use forever with a simple photo credit:
photo by Jurvetson (flickr)
If it’s online somewhere, please have the credit line link to the original page.
And if you can, please send me a copy or pointer as I am curious where they end up (for example: the Charlie Rose show, Science and Maxim magazine, and some board games... even a book for the blind. go figure.)
My genetic lineage, from Africa to Estonia:
- HPR - High Power Rocketry 356 photos, 44 members
- DINOSAUR GEMBONE LOVERS 490 photos, 215 members
- Synesthesia Imagery 1,149 photos, 1,493 members
- Faith is Funny 3,222 photos, 190 members
- 23andMe 39 photos, 14 members
- The Physics Classroom Flickr Group 3,228 photos, 340 members
- SpaceX 1,089 photos, 1,013 members
- macronaut 8,396 photos, 482 members
- Every Day Stanford 1,741 photos, 156 members
- Space Shuttle Fleet 1,016 photos, 392 members
- Costa Rica 71,650 photos, 3,523 members
- Missiles & Rockets 2,785 photos, 266 members
- Atheism 4,792 photos, 997 members
- Atheist 1,295 photos, 365 members
- Atheists who love (photographing) churches. 25,338 photos, 464 members
- Your VERY BEST ever / Invite Only 4,775 photos, 1,214 members
- TREK Y FRAME MOUNTAIN BIKES 224 photos, 72 members
- TED 2009: Fellows 276 photos, 21 members
- Weekly Theme Photography **WATER** 8,061 photos, 1,261 members
- Four Seasons Hotels, Resorts and Residences 2,877 photos, 286 members
- HDR Church Interiors 2,504 photos, 248 members
- Electric Cars 4,781 photos, 358 members
- 150 and more faves 204 photos, 281 members
- Science Nerd Depot 16,130 photos, 1,621 members
- GeekDad 6,277 photos, 651 members
- FIRE FIRE FIRE 80,354 photos, 18,491 members
- Undiscovered Tuscany 4,616 photos, 351 members
- Tuscany / Toscana 67,668 photos, 4,928 members
- Photographs of Italy 540,082 photos, 16,503 members
- Church Interiors 190,201 photos, 11,808 members
- Predator and Prey 2,070 photos, 352 members
- Canon G9 Macro 3,825 photos, 400 members
- Winner's Circle Gallery 13,092 photos, 2,447 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 53,249 photos, 8,220 members
- Flickr's 2-Weekly Theme Contest - New theme: play 514 photos, 1,740 members
- !Canada! 7,591 photos, 436 members
- Awesome Bugs! ** Post 1 & Award 5 15,716 photos, 3,463 members
- Cultural Boxes 92,017 photos, 2,781 members
- Buzz and Bugz ★ Post 2 and Comment ★ 47,796 photos, 4,561 members
- Thailand's Islands and Beaches 35,053 photos, 3,236 members
- Thailand Images 256,305 photos, 13,035 members
- Angkor 15,798 photos, 1,121 members
- Children of Cambodia 3,557 photos, 385 members
- Cambodia Images 97,881 photos, 6,349 members
- Unmanned Aerial Photos 3,110 photos, 318 members
- Rocket Aerial Photography 122 photos, 50 members
- The Genographic Project 51 photos, 94 members
- Galaxies on Earth 1,115 photos, 178 members
- Simply Diamonds 667 photos, 349 members
- What am I? 146 photos, 48 members
"The hamster in jurvetson’s brain does not so much run in circles on a wheel, but rather the hamster in his brain runs around in one of those elaborate clear tube mazes."
December 19th, 2008
"Steve is "The Man Out of the Earth" ; ).
Like a spatial-memetic- spaceport. You just need to dock to one of his photo, and your mind will instantly get sucked into mind-blowing discoveries, theories, fun or crazy experiences, or learning about some on-the-edge research and business.Then, when he flies back to Earth, he is a great, smart, friendly and kind human being too. Merci for all the wonderful discoveries you brought to my mind over the years Steve !"
December 23rd, 2008
fancy cheese says:
"Now of Albert Einsten :
"Bert" I said (knowing him well from spirit trips)
Light is also in the hearts of people .
"Prove it ! "
He said ....
"Hah ! " (I knew I had him !)
"Easy : E = Jurvetson x C squared ...."
He wagged his finger and smiled and said
: "Whats his wavelength though ? "
"A good deep thoughtful one" : I said"
December 21st, 2005
"Its a privelage to know him personally and for those of you who are impressed with his mind's productions, please know that his enthusiastic spirit is even greater and completely infectious. One cannot be in a bad mood around Steve as much as water floats dead wood."
September 20th, 2005
"Now, Steve Jurvetson is a smart man. Almost intimidatingly smart actually...and is an incredibly accomplished individual (seriously, just read the mans bio, now thats what i call impressive) Here he shares with us an array of images of intriguing stuff nowhere else seen on flickr, more often than not accompanied by fascinating commentary about such things as nanotechnology and semiconductor etching.. but then that's something you read about everyday.. right? No? well, then you're in the right place:)
oh yeah.. in addition to this he definitely has the best ant macros ive ever seen;)"
September 4th, 2005
"Steve - the man with the plan. Wish you loads of success buddy."
May 29th, 2005
detailed vacation says:
"Steve is the best user of words like "nanomemories" and "neuroplasticity" and "scaffolding of nanowires" I've ever heard."
April 29th, 2005
"J's phosphorescent being bestows magic and hope, he enlightens us with intriguingly beautiful photos of his extraordinary world. Tänan!"
March 5th, 2005
actually price says:
"Ok so hes a geek! :P
But his pictures still evoke a sense of elevated awareness in viewers.
He has definetly established a way of "seeing"..Innovative, seeking new ways of seeing, he often challenges the conventions of taste.
You gotta love him for that, and respect him! Woohoo!"
March 4th, 2005
"Steve is one cool dude. His photo stream is like a universal buffet served by an intellectual and worldly chef. I thank him intensely for making me use my cerebral cortex time and time again. Basically, he rocks."
March 1st, 2005
dazzling statement says:
"I thought long and hard about what really strikes me about him and how to put it in a nutshell and only a single word kept on repeating itself to me as I contemplated this multi-faceted human being. The word is:
This man is brilliant."
January 28th, 2005
The Rocketeer says:
"Steve shares his adventures with us as he travels this wonderful planet of ours. His photos make us feel as though we've been invited to go along for the ride.
He displays his vast knowledge and keen interest in the world around us in his photos."
January 19th, 2005
"Steve is a good bobsled partner."
October 19th, 2004
"Internet used to be Black and White.
Until Steve came with his crayons."
September 23rd, 2004
"The man invented viral marketing ... and we got him to invite 5 people to Flickr.
(Wait - I guess that is more a testimonial for us.)"
September 10th, 2004
- Steve Jurvetson
- June 2004
- Menlo Park, USA
- Venture Capital
- Steve Jurvetson Bio