My name is Beau Wade and I am a User Interface Designer, Photographer, and Frequent Traveler. Originally from the state of Oklahoma, I have lived in many states in the midwestern United States. Over the past decade, I have traveled and worked in several locations around the world from Sydney, Australia to New York City. Currently I am doing contracting work which takes me all over the globe. I love what I do and and I have a passion for design and photography. You can find out more about me at beauwade.org.
Published for print and digital media by such companies as
Jeep, Inc., Ogilvy and Mather Advertising, American Express Finance, American Express Publishing (Travel), New York Magazine Time Out, New York Magazine, Ackerman McQueen Advertising, Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department, Western Australian Tourism Council, Skyscraper Museum, HGTV, GLIMPSE magazine, Stanford Scientific Magazine, Mirage Productions, Design Sponge Online.com, New West Magazine, Panraven Inc., Taylor and Francis Publishing, BannerCaswell Productions, Veria TV / DISH network, University of North Carolina Press, University of Oklahoma Press, Google Inc., Yahoo! Answers, Linus, 8th Grade Student, and more...
Use of my Photos / Licensing:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
If you would like to use one of my photos for your non-profit use, please email me and let me know which one and what you would like to use it for. I would expect credit is given to me by name with a link back to either my personal website or my flickr stream. * To license one of my photos for limited or unlimited use, please email me or visit www.beauwade.org.
twitter - vimeo - youtube
- Apple MacBook Pro 17" (2010 - )
- Canon EOS 5Dmk2 (2010 - )
- Apple iPhone 4 (2010 - )
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM (2006 - )
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II (2006 - )
- Flip HD Video (2008 - 2010)
- Canon EOS 30D (2006 - 2010)
- Nikon Coolpix 5700 (2003 - 2006)
- Canon film 35mm (1992 - 2003)
- Sigma DC 18-200mm 1:3.5-6.3
Photos of absolutwade (9)
- Project Weather 621,671 photos, 92,974 members
- It's (still) not about you! 45,452 photos, 4,969 members
- STORMSCAPES 22,662 photos, 2,519 members
- OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER NBA 62 photos, 179 members
- Bricktown Oklahoma City 1,136 photos, 192 members
- artland 1,211,778 photos, 43,227 members
- City Skylines 42,834 photos, 3,999 members
- Gnarly Sunset - The Best Sunsets and Sunrises Online 19,452 photos, 732 members
- Edited Portrait - Wĕlcome Hōme 20,193 photos, 1,350 members
- PLANET EARTH OUR HOME 755,400 photos, 12,542 members
- Melbourne Architecture 29,639 photos, 1,523 members
- Bicycle Addicts 56,179 photos, 2,172 members
- Durango and Beyond 5 photos, 4 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 768,414 photos, 35,615 members
- Canon 17-40 f/4L USM Group 213,353 photos, 10,559 members
- Canon 5D Mark II at Night 4,814 photos, 520 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 968,368 photos, 28,312 members
- Apple iPhone 4 27,499 photos, 828 members
- MSM Inc: unsensored10 163 photos, 44 members
- Melbourne 174,825 photos, 7,666 members
- Melbourne at Night 20,951 photos, 2,680 members
- Austin 94,536 photos, 4,922 members
- California Coast (The California Coast) 53,873 photos, 2,151 members
- Art in Black and White 488,729 photos, 16,565 members
- flickr@paris 3,279 photos, 2,941 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 400,270 photos, 103,391 members
- Low key 55,231 photos, 7,628 members
- Hudson River 12,713 photos, 595 members
- NinianLif's texture addicts 25,221 photos, 3,493 members
- *Swoon 45,183 photos, 1,575 members
- We travel the World 1,445,352 photos, 49,396 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,634,227 photos, 59,949 members
- U.S. State Capitols 9,177 photos, 987 members
- flickr Models 106,311 photos, 3,806 members
- Praise and curse of the city 104,872 photos, 2,938 members
- Normally Busy Places-no People or animals 8,883 photos, 1,041 members
- ->> NiGht ShotS <<- 60,172 photos, 1,759 members
- City at Night ! 140,982 photos, 6,202 members
- Amazing Views 62,102 photos, 1,922 members
- Landmarks around the world 22,101 photos, 1,732 members
- Gothamist 228,887 photos, 3,987 members
- Powerful Portraits 312,330 photos, 9,896 members
- Portraiture 1,046,442 photos, 37,250 members
- Adobe Photoshop CS (all CS versions) 280,944 photos, 14,209 members
- Paris 445,096 photos, 49,930 members
- Urban Nature 186,537 photos, 60,729 members
- Top 20 Children's Portraits 24 photos, 1,852 members
- Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge 4,659 photos, 360 members
- 52 week bokeholics. 377 photos, 56 members
- Symmetry in Motion 7,399 photos, 1,296 members
"From Scotland to Thailand to the land Down Under, from Ms. Omey Island to Manhattan Island to the beautiful islands of Hawaii, Beau is a prolific photographer who has not only seen a significant part of this wonderful world, he has taken thousands of photos to show us how truly wonderful it is.
Although he is a recovering (diet coke) addict and a ardent narcissist, has this fetish for kangaroos and will let his friends foolishly hop around for hours in public just to please him, having recently met him in person I now know why women like to crowd around him wherever he goes—a charmer, a gentleman, a man for all seasons, Master Wade is someone worth getting to know.
Author of 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography,
the #1 Photo Essay and Artist Biography on Amazon.com for 2010!
November 3rd, 2010
"What more can I say, the dude has 44 on explore!"
August 28th, 2007
"Beau is a wonderful photographer. One whom I would steal photos from if there wasn't some copyright stuff I would have to deal with. He is not only someone who can take a good picture but always has a good story behind it. I met Beau while searching for a picture of "the perfect man" and there he was in a self portrait shot. :) Weird, I know. He is one of the last do-gooders of his time and even though he is one of the oldest photographers I know, he is still able to hold up his camera, take a perfect shot and hand a homeless man a buck. Beau has a great eye (the other is patched and waiting for a glass replacement) and catches moments of his son like no other (picking up his false teeth, brushing the 4 hairs on his head, adjusting his cane length) and can make a bad day look BEAUtiful. Buy Beau products...they are good for the environment. :)"
July 7th, 2007
"For someone I just came across on this old internet, I've been completely spellbound by Mr Wade's photographic abilities. He takes the sort of photographs I could only dream of matching in technique, and as such, I've become a regular visitor to see what he's going to snap next..."
June 6th, 2007
"Beau rescued me from a dark Brooklyn stairwell at 3 am nearly a year ago, and didn't even murder me in my sleep.
How's that fer awesome?"
January 17th, 2007
Hell's Attik says:
"Beau (or “Beau The Blade Wade", as he is known in many a 'land) is sharp and intense, like a scalpel only much more menacing. He is an eye candy it-guy airbrushed over a deadly pufferfish exterior, entrancing, pointy and poisonous. But inside this delectable hovering menace lives a raucous bright-eyed teddy bear bored to tears, cursed by a dearth of playmates who can't even understand the games it wants to play. Left to its own devices, it scratches, rends, and chews on passersby and hangers-on alike, maybe vainly seeking kindred spirits of destruction to finally provide worthwhile ritual engagement. Or maybe it just likes to tear shit up. As much as I can heterosexually love another man, my heart belongs to Beau."
January 9th, 2007
"Famous for his black & white landscape photographs of the national parks (Manly Beach, Australia), and as an author of numerous books about photography, including his trilogy of technical instruction manuals (The Camera, The Negative and The Print). He co-founded the photographic association Group f/64 along with other masters like Edward Weston, Willard Van Dyke, Imogen Cunningham and others.
He invented the zone system, a technique which allows photographers to translate the light they see into specific densities on negatives and paper, thus giving them better control over finished photographs. Beau also pioneered the idea of visualization (which he often called 'previsualization', though he later acknowledged that term to be a redundancy) of the finished print based upon the measured light values in the scene being photographed.
Oh wait, are we talking about Beau? Beau Wade? Crap…this interview is over, get that camera out of here."
October 17th, 2005
"My dad is really really cool."
September 7th, 2005
- Beau Wade
- October 2004
- Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City, United States
- I am:
- UX Designer