Flickr...the serious hobby.
Photos of Marty Hogan (5)
- Different theme 15,214 photos, 298 members
- PLANET EARTH BACK IN THE DAY 300,088 photos, 6,276 members
- Anything quirky 1,161 photos, 354 members
- Vintage details 1,396 photos, 65 members
- I know where you are 108,151 photos, 5,276 members
- Vivitar Maniacs 13,494 photos, 1,006 members
- Vivitar Series 1 8,379 photos, 939 members
- Marvels of Photography 1,475 photos, 334 members
- Nikon Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 Ai-s 6,619 photos, 742 members
- Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 lens 7,625 photos, 704 members
- Black white and grey 230,918 photos, 6,978 members
- Delta County, MI 775 photos, 21 members
- Smokestacks and Chimneys (INDUSTRIAL ONLY, NO RESIDENTIAL) 2,027 photos, 122 members
- Editing Oasis 16,358 photos, 503 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 1,094,216 photos, 13,021 members
- The General Store 1,687 photos, 188 members
- Skilled Trades: The Art of Work 58 photos, 27 members
- Creative View 104,016 photos, 1,628 members
- in explore 1,021,444 photos, 83,688 members
- Places We've Seen! 72,759 photos, 1,393 members
- Lensaholic 24,823 photos, 341 members
- It's Gone 7,334 photos, 158 members
- I Love Old Signs! 85,983 photos, 5,283 members
- Voyage round the world 2,329 photos, 730 members
- Aesthetic Alliance ( Invitation Only ) 10,656 photos, 1,039 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 132,759 photos, 8,048 members
- Death Valley National Park 22,015 photos, 1,776 members
- Camera Works. 4,098 photos, 245 members
- Indie/Folk/Psychedelic Hall Of Fame 1,752 photos, 597 members
- MINING 18,217 photos, 996 members
- Schoolhouse 7,936 photos, 330 members
- Calvin College (106) Gallery 8 photos, 4 members
- A quiet section of poetry - Un petit coin tranquille de poésie 315 photos, 10 members
- Michigan Highways 965 photos, 169 members
- Vintage Steel Signs 17,467 photos, 567 members
- Small Towns in the Desert 5,988 photos, 274 members
- Nevada Ghost Towns 1,269 photos, 274 members
- GRMI Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk 2012 18 photos, 5 members
- TWIP Critique 45,847 photos, 6,829 members
- Abandoned Beauties 161,852 photos, 3,614 members
- NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW 7,097 photos, 142 members
- Abandoned Buildings and Structures 25,169 photos, 546 members
- Brush Park, Detroit 2,763 photos, 108 members
- ArtPrize® Grand Rapids (Official) 24,535 photos, 954 members
- Art Prize Grand Rapids 2011 1,351 photos, 35 members
- Stardust Motel 151 photos, 86 members
- Arlington National Cemetery 7,555 photos, 806 members
- GRAM Photo Walks: Urban Explorations 330 photos, 25 members
- Engraved 2,281 photos, 369 members
- suburbex 264 photos, 75 members
Elizabeth Glass says:
"So last night I ran a Ry Cooder playlist on grooveshark, and Marty's photostream slideshow on flickr. I meant for them to provide a nice audio and visual background that I could admire occasionally while I organized my new space. Trouble is, I never got out of my chair. All my stuff is in all the same piles. But my head is dancing, camera's waiting, and the snow is melting off the back roads..."
March 27th, 2010
"When I think of the work of Marty Hogan the word "Inspirational" comes to mind. He brings to the world of Flickr and photography as a whole a sense of caring about the past which is all around us but is on the verge of vanishing forever. I think of how he has influence my work and I am forever grateful!
Treat yourself!!!........click on the Slideshow option!!"
October 9th, 2009
Patrick Henson says:
"It would take me weeks to comment on every picture in Marty's stream, and every picture deserves a comment. Absolutely one of the best decay photographers on flickr in my opinion."
November 16th, 2008
abundant wing says:
"I have only met Marty through Flickr and his work is amazing. Being from Michigan myself its great to see all of his work from the surrounding areas. Always exciting to see what he posts next."
October 3rd, 2008
"Marty's photography is simply stunning! His craft is the perfect combination of historical preservation, research and art. He is truly dedicated to his work, and even a brief perusal of his photographs is an exhilarating experience."
August 30th, 2008
"Marty's camera captures the poetry of the now abandoned buildings that once held a family's, perhaps even a young nation's, hopes and dreams. Not only is Marty a historian, sharing his knowledge about a piece of the past, but he is also an authentic artist who captures the beauty of the very decaying past many are unable to see... It is clear through his photos that Marty Hogan is drawn to and cares about the subjects he photographs and we leave his photostream with a little more wonder than when we came."
January 15th, 2008
Corey James (Derp) says:
"I must say, the photos are incredibly stunning. The post -processing is amazing too. I always look forward to new uploads. Great work man."
January 2nd, 2008
versed plot says:
"LOVE the photos, and appreciate the history and stories to go with them!"
December 6th, 2007
"It is what us folks in Michigan, at least us Detroiters call, "Going Up North." Most people in mIchigan have a special affinity for the countryside in Northern Michigan. If you you'v never been, well then you may never know. Here's my solution. Take a tour of Smartee Martee's photostream. Click on the sets and read the descriptions of the places he's been. Then find a set you really like, mine is Osceola County, and watch the slide show. It isn't quite the same as being there, but damn close. This is the heart and soul of rural Michigan captured on film."
November 29th, 2007
- November 2005
- Port Austin, MI
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Final Cut Pro/Videographer