I am a photographer/scientist/poet who enjoys artistic pursuits (pinhole film photography, digital photography writing poetry, sculpting, drawing) when I'm not working as a modeling/simulation software engineer. I live in the Baltimore, Maryland area, and my work history includes the Hubble Space Telescope project (for 13 years), the James Webb Space Telescope (for 5 years), and the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (for 9 years).
My cameras include large format and medium format film pinhole and zone plate cameras (including 4x5 and 8x10 cameras), a Crown Graphic view camera, a Nikon film slr's, a Holga, and a Nikon digital slr. I enjoy making new photography friends. Please feel free to email me.
All photos on integrity_of_light's flickr site are copyrighted by Scott Speck (Integrity of Light). Any use or distribution of these photos without the photographer's expressed, explicit permission is in violation of copyright.
If you are interested in purchasing a print of any of my works or being personally photographed through the pinhole camera, please write to me, either here on flickr or at my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), and you can also order prints of my work, both framed and unframed, through My ImageKind gallery.
- Haunted Houses 386 photos, 71 members
- Paranormal Images 1,902 photos, 365 members
- Ghostly Images 1,544 photos, 354 members
- Ghost Hunting 4,062 photos, 1,031 members
- Ghost in the Camera 2,495 photos, 429 members
- Ghosts 15,739 photos, 3,897 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,121,640 photos, 42,484 members
- the resurrection of film: film is back 72,172 photos, 2,147 members
- I Shoot Kodak Film 646,772 photos, 19,814 members
- Second Life - Science Fiction 15,600 photos, 895 members
- SCI-FI PHOTOS 3,802 photos, 461 members
- X-files 1,396 photos, 477 members
- Mythos (SF, fantasy, magical realism, folklore, mythology) 12,661 photos, 1,037 members
- Risked Returning 1,000 photos, 1,859 members
- Pinhole CylindricalCanCams 3,129 photos, 309 members
- Anamorphic pinhole 276 photos, 22 members
- M.A.A.P. 87 photos, 7 members
- Mamiya RB67 20,348 photos, 4,147 members
- Photographers from around the world 593,612 photos, 8,998 members
- Visions on Film 7,007 photos, 136 members
- Sierpes Street, Seville and The World 431,782 photos, 8,146 members
- Arizona Architecture 4,254 photos, 246 members
- Arizona Missions 977 photos, 120 members
- Bokeh charging station 415 photos, 112 members
- Iperfocal 221 photos, 22 members
- Up Architecture 3,476 photos, 165 members
- The Knight and his Princess (Admins invite only) P 1 - A/C 1 34,923 photos, 2,936 members
- PinholePhotography 199 photos, 14 members
- Wheehamcams 1,213 photos, 27 members
- Sigma 4.5mm f/2.8 EX DC Circular Fisheye 885 photos, 149 members
- Women natural beauty - hate studio photography! 1,290 photos, 126 members
- You are woman, you are beautiful, let the world see you 212,195 photos, 7,462 members
- Street Photography Worldwide 101,492 photos, 2,668 members
- Das Monströse | The Monstrous 109 photos, 43 members
- Die Heiterkeit | The Serene 215 photos, 84 members
- Das Diffuse | The Nebulous 138 photos, 54 members
- Das Menschliche | The Human 266 photos, 81 members
- Das Unheimliche | The Eerie 174 photos, 65 members
- Die Wirrnis | The Chaotic 111 photos, 53 members
- Die Ewigkeit | The Eternal 197 photos, 70 members
- Die Verlockung | The Tempting 118 photos, 47 members
- Land Empire 1,160 photos, 1,396 members
- Science Fiction Unleashed 40,128 photos, 3,107 members
- Science Fiction 14,040 photos, 1,221 members
- Science Fiction Art 8,948 photos, 887 members
- Farnsworth House 19 photos, 22 members
- Light Painting Community 11,539 photos, 870 members
- black✰white 4,678 photos, 264 members
- ROBOTS: technology + pop culture 19,809 photos, 3,813 members
- The Large Format Pinhole Group 4,488 photos, 561 members
"After following your work on Flickr for the past few years, I’ve both learned from you and been inspired, too…and I am always awed and humbled by your contributions…
I’ll leave it to others to opine on the technical aspects of form, process or content… I only know what evokes emotion in me, and your photographs never fail to arouse my senses, many times in ways I wouldn’t have expected…
Your photostream represents the artistic continuum of a poetic and keenly observant soul, challenging my preconceptions of beauty and reality…
“See it my way”, you seem to say…and we do…
Your willingness to accept criticism, even from a novice such as myself, is refreshing and selfless..."
March 21st, 2011
Houdini Bye Bye! says:
"Scott, a master pinholer, an inspiration. Love your work and the fact that you know who's the REAL BOSS! :-)"
December 2nd, 2010
"Un maestro della fotografia stenopeica."
November 9th, 2010
D J0HNS0N says:
"A true inspiration for pinhole photography!"
October 26th, 2010
"I am in a constant state of awe and wonder at Scott's stupendous stream! He makes me want to tackle pinhole photography, but I fear I shall never reach such great heights. A true master and inspiration."
February 21st, 2010
"I first saw Scott’s photographs on f295 three years ago and my recollection of my first viewing was that yes, in this fellow’s hand, images of the mundane do become remarkable photographs.
Since then I have observed, studied and admired his work; like me, he was not a formally trained artist but more of a product of the applied sciences. His higher degrees in science and math are impressive and I think they are reflected in his superior skills in interpreting the architectural structural details so well portrayed in his pinhole photographs. At the other end of the spectrum, his portraits show an exceptional dramatic flare. The perfect control and understanding of short focal length pinhole results in striking photographs that we all have admired.
Well, since first seeing his work we have become valued friends but, regretfully, we have never personally met. This is a situation that I intend to correct soon. The reason is that I need to know “where does he stands when he takes a shot?“ After all, if I can quote the real master, A. Adams, “photography is all about knowing where you should stand”."
January 22nd, 2010
"Scott's work with his pinhole is absolutely amazing, nothing short of really inspirational.
I got my own and emailed him shortly afterward and wanted to know where the viewfinder was!
this is when i realised just how amazing the art of composing a pinhole shot truly is.
Scott is a thorough talent, and in all aspects, an artist. Excellent stream my friend. :)"
January 20th, 2010
The Cassandra Project says:
"i was hooked from the first moment i stumbled across your photostream. both your pinhole work and your digital images are inspirational. it's probably only embarrassment that keeps me from automatically faving all your pictures."
January 20th, 2010
"IOL is my very first poked contact and my Flickr's "first love" - although he ruined my (photo) life
- that unfortunate day when I saw his unique style and his masterpieces :'(
He is undoubtely a Pinhole Wizzard of this pages and there's no other PH master (known to me) like he is
I have no idea how the bell is he doing IT, and that's why I hate him! :)
SCOTT FOR PRESIDENT! + Keep up the good work, again, and again, and again... :))"
March 18th, 2009
December 1st, 2008
"With Scott not only have I met a great photographer but made a wonderful friend too. His pinhole camera work is really amazing and a walk through his photostream is a real pleasure. A wonderful series of pictures, captured with detail and precision.
May 16th, 2008
tif photography says:
"I am constantly in awe at the the talent this man has! he captures moments like no one else! I envy his eye!"
January 8th, 2008
mystical child says:
"a fabulous photographer, Scott takes the everyday and skews it in just the right way so i explore something deeper in myself through his vision. he captures things the way i wish i did and inspires me to something different... unusual.. out of the box in my own vision.... i find myself looking at things through his eyes, so to speak and discovering something i'd missed before.
he honestly encourages and supports others and that is always an added bonus in someone to admire professionally :)"
December 29th, 2007
""Scott brings a new perspective in photography. He always has someting nice to say when he comments and always makes sure he gets back with you on comments its a pleasure to have him here on flickr. I view his stream on a daily basis and it's rejuvenating to see. He puts his feelings into each photo and that's what makes him different from other photographers. I am glad to be a flickr friend to him and part of his world on flickr.""
June 6th, 2007
"integrity_of_light is a flickr treasure! His eye adds more than I can say to the world around us."
April 7th, 2007
Florida Dave says:
"You have a wonderful eye for detail. You have so many pic on here that I really like and enjoy looking at. You have so many of them that it would take a couple of days for me to comment. So this is the best way I know how to tell you that I really enjoy your work. Thank you for sharing these Pic David"
February 11th, 2007
- Integrity Of Light
- January 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Fine Art Photography by Scott Speck