Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve is a 725-acre wildlife preserve located within the city limits of Hillsboro, Oregon. The Preserve is a tranquil sanctuary for both people and animals. The quiet open waters, rolling meadows and upland ash and fir woods are home to thousands of ducks and geese, deer, otters, beavers, herons and eagles.
The Preserve is a premier resource center for information and services related to wetlands and aquatic education in the Pacific Northwest. Thousands of pre-school and school-aged children, bird watchers, university staff and students, researchers and others benefit from the programs and services provided by the Preserve.
Providing interpretive education on wetlands and wildlife, panoramic views, water quality, weather, natural resource management, trails, bird watching, recreation, exhibits, displays and an eagles nest, Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve is a treasure of the Hillsboro community.
• Open to the public
• Suggested Donation: $2.00 for ages 10+
• Groups of 15 or more, please call 503-681-6206 for an appointment.
Here is a link to the current weather at Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve.
Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve's favorite photos from other Flickr members (4)
- Lupin [flower] 1,119 photos, 256 members
- Ospreys 7,223 photos, 671 members
- Snakes of The World 26,884 photos, 2,684 members
- Beavers Beavers Beavers 603 photos, 268 members
- Salamanders & Caecilians 7,196 photos, 690 members
- Oregon 185,557 photos, 5,095 members
- Birds birds birds birds! 577,051 photos, 37,352 members
- Chickadees 4,461 photos, 501 members
- Hillsboro Area 4,096 photos, 151 members
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve 1,618 photos, 41 members
- SPIDERS ARE BEAUTIFUL. 33,560 photos, 3,516 members
- Left Coast Wild Flowers 2,189 photos, 75 members
- Mint Family...Lamiaceae 8,903 photos, 488 members
- Ornamental Birdhouses & Feeders 874 photos, 282 members
- Birdhouses and Birdfeeders 7,469 photos, 1,271 members
- Bird hides / bird blinds 431 photos, 52 members
- FINCHES OF THE WORLD! 3,803 photos, 296 members
- Friends of Jackson Bottom 286 photos, 10 members
- hillsboro 1,875 photos, 105 members
- Wetlands 24,891 photos, 1,112 members
- Nutria Only 665 photos, 144 members
- Help Save the Ash Trees 179 photos, 57 members
- Swallows and Martins 3,522 photos, 665 members
- Waxwings 3,100 photos, 414 members
- Red-Winged Blackbirds 1,207 photos, 219 members
- Warbler Mania! 18,231 photos, 887 members
- North American Birds: Field Guide (Total = 687 Birds) 135,468 photos, 3,505 members
- Sparrows and Swans 11,956 photos, 2,149 members
- Oregon Ash Trees 18 photos, 1 member
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 100,706 photos, 7,804 members
- Wild Geese 10,204 photos, 1,664 members
- Canada Geese 10,302 photos, 1,330 members
- DUCKS 73,871 photos, 8,413 members
- Egrets and Herons 34,223 photos, 1,590 members
Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- July 2009
- Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
- Jackson bottom Wetlands Preserve