In my limited spare time I document Nation ("Gang") graff in the CHI and collect old school compliment cards.
I take my own pics and videos unless otherwise noted (as in some that are sent in to me)
I do not bang.
I do not work for the law.
I DO NOT WORK FOR THE CHICAGO CRIME COMMISSION
I have noticed that many of my pics and videos are being used on youtube -I do not have a youtube account and if you see them on there chances are they are being used without my permission.
I do not consent to the utilization of these pics in the court of law for prosecution purposes.
Photos of Chicago's Cold War (4)
- flickr (unofficial) 4,002,988 photos, 101,386 members
- What's In Your Bag? 12,650 photos, 32,798 members
- Pittsburgh Street Photography 3,358 photos, 116 members
- Analogue of Weirdology 21,743 photos, 997 members
- Inner City America: Positives and Negatives 3,091 photos, 34 members
- Albany Park 546 photos, 47 members
- Shark Lovers 5,431 photos, 1,720 members
- West Side of Chicago 4,169 photos, 61 members
- WBEZ 133,007 photos, 2,435 members
- Amerikana 18,396 photos, 465 members
- Doors of Chicago 1,348 photos, 148 members
- Urban trees 29,082 photos, 822 members
- All Sanitation Equipment & More 33,113 photos, 309 members
- Vintage Chicagoland 1,146 photos, 155 members
- Chicagoist Photos 220,799 photos, 3,270 members
- Chicagoland 61,807 photos, 966 members
- CHICAGO Gang Graffiti 13,852 photos, 367 members
- Signs of Chicago 13,220 photos, 495 members
- Hidden Chicago 10,365 photos, 551 members
- Chicago Alleys, Gangways, & Fire Escapes 2,312 photos, 239 members
- dumpsters and garbage cans 6,763 photos, 173 members
- metal as fuck 519 photos, 79 members
- Chicago Graffiti and Street Art 25,236 photos, 724 members
- Chicago Reader 204,552 photos, 4,326 members
- Chicago Street Art 45,748 photos, 1,882 members
- GANG GRAFFITI 12,306 photos, 395 members
"Chicago's Cold War does a great job of documenting gangs in and around Chicago. He has an in depth knowledge of the streets and is a self proclaimed neutron. While to some gang graffiti is just a nuisance, it does indeed tell a story and like it or not, is an integral part of Chicago. The 3rd largest city in America is home to more gang members and gang violence than any other city in the U.S. Thank you CCWar for doing what you do without bias and all while risking your own safety. Peace bro, stay safe out there."
December 26th, 2012
"Chicago Cold War has a finger on the pulse of Chicago's streets. He has an eye like a hungry hawk, and an appetite for keeping it real. Always informative. Always exciting. Always something new. What a historian!"
March 14th, 2012
Merrick Brown says:
"i used to think gang graf was the most juvenile, laughable and annoying use of perfectly good spraypaint. it's still ugly as sin, but your photostream and detailed commenting have made it into something much more narrative and REALLY interesting. be careful out there.. but keep it up."
September 15th, 2009
OLDSCHOOL G/L says:
"grew up in logan square was a g/l in the early 80z im rea;;y into the history and document the taggings its nice to see your photos im much older living away from the city but work in it daily i have a few of you rphotos which i snap daily because im out and about with work keep them coming ."
June 19th, 2009
- June 2009
- I am: