In my limited spare time I document Nation ("Gang") graff in the CHI and collect old school compliment cards.
I take my own pics and videos unless otherwise noted (as in some that are sent in to me)
I do not bang.
I do not work for the law.
I DO NOT WORK FOR THE CHICAGO CRIME COMMISSION
I have noticed that many of my pics and videos are being used on youtube -I do not have a youtube account and if you see them on there chances are they are being used without my permission.
I do not consent to the utilization of these pics in the court of law for prosecution purposes.
Photos of Chicago's Cold War (4)
- flickr (unofficial) 3,779,451 photos, 99,466 members
- What's In Your Bag? 12,667 photos, 32,442 members
- Pittsburgh Street Photography 3,160 photos, 114 members
- Analogue of Weirdology 21,403 photos, 995 members
- Inner City America: Positives and Negatives 2,987 photos, 34 members
- Albany Park 536 photos, 46 members
- Shark Lovers 5,400 photos, 1,707 members
- West Side of Chicago 4,099 photos, 60 members
- WBEZ 132,172 photos, 2,434 members
- Amerikana 17,957 photos, 452 members
- Doors of Chicago 1,336 photos, 145 members
- Urban trees 28,681 photos, 812 members
- All Sanitation Equipment & More 32,527 photos, 306 members
- Vintage Chicagoland 1,130 photos, 155 members
- Chicagoist Photos 218,594 photos, 3,251 members
- Chicagoland 60,949 photos, 959 members
- CHICAGO Gang Graffiti 13,849 photos, 361 members
- Signs of Chicago 13,143 photos, 494 members
- Hidden Chicago 10,200 photos, 543 members
- Chicago Alleys, Gangways, & Fire Escapes 2,270 photos, 240 members
- dumpsters and garbage cans 6,728 photos, 169 members
- metal as fuck 513 photos, 78 members
- Chicago Graffiti and Street Art 24,385 photos, 720 members
- Chicago Reader 202,343 photos, 4,311 members
- Chicago Street Art 45,510 photos, 1,874 members
- GANG GRAFFITI 12,291 photos, 391 members
"Chicago's Cold War does a great job of documenting gangs in and around Chicago. He has an in depth knowledge of the streets and is a self proclaimed neutron. While to some gang graffiti is just a nuisance, it does indeed tell a story and like it or not, is an integral part of Chicago. The 3rd largest city in America is home to more gang members and gang violence than any other city in the U.S. Thank you CCWar for doing what you do without bias and all while risking your own safety. Peace bro, stay safe out there."
December 26th, 2012
"Chicago Cold War has a finger on the pulse of Chicago's streets. He has an eye like a hungry hawk, and an appetite for keeping it real. Always informative. Always exciting. Always something new. What a historian!"
March 14th, 2012
Merrick Brown says:
"i used to think gang graf was the most juvenile, laughable and annoying use of perfectly good spraypaint. it's still ugly as sin, but your photostream and detailed commenting have made it into something much more narrative and REALLY interesting. be careful out there.. but keep it up."
September 15th, 2009
OLDSCHOOL G/L says:
"grew up in logan square was a g/l in the early 80z im rea;;y into the history and document the taggings its nice to see your photos im much older living away from the city but work in it daily i have a few of you rphotos which i snap daily because im out and about with work keep them coming ."
June 19th, 2009
- June 2009
- I am: