In my limited spare time I document Nation ("Gang") graff in the CHI and collect old school compliment cards.
I take my own pics and videos unless otherwise noted (as in some that are sent in to me)
I do not bang.
I do not work for the law.
I DO NOT WORK FOR THE CHICAGO CRIME COMMISSION
I have noticed that many of my pics and videos are being used on youtube -I do not have a youtube account and if you see them on there chances are they are being used without my permission.
I do not consent to the utilization of these pics in the court of law for prosecution purposes.
Photos of Chicago's Cold War (4)
- flickr (unofficial) 2,936,145 photos, 92,210 members
- What's In Your Bag? [but NOT camera bags] 12,744 photos, 30,881 members
- Pittsburgh Street Photography 2,563 photos, 110 members
- Analogue of Weirdology 20,921 photos, 989 members
- Inner City America: Positives and Negatives 2,394 photos, 32 members
- Albany Park 513 photos, 45 members
- Shark Lovers 5,271 photos, 1,651 members
- West Side of Chicago 3,592 photos, 57 members
- WBEZ 128,821 photos, 2,427 members
- Amerikana 16,196 photos, 400 members
- Doors of Chicago 1,320 photos, 143 members
- Urban trees 27,853 photos, 799 members
- All Sanitation Equipment & More 31,259 photos, 293 members
- Vintage Chicagoland 1,053 photos, 144 members
- Chicagoist Photos 202,576 photos, 3,141 members
- Chicagoland 56,799 photos, 937 members
- CHICAGO Gang Graffiti 13,787 photos, 338 members
- Signs of Chicago 12,717 photos, 482 members
- Hidden Chicago 9,398 photos, 512 members
- Chicago Alleys, Gangways, & Fire Escapes 2,193 photos, 236 members
- dumpsters and garbage cans 6,530 photos, 157 members
- metal as fuck 499 photos, 78 members
- Chicago Graffiti and Street Art 23,762 photos, 711 members
- Chicago Reader 192,243 photos, 4,228 members
- Chicago Street Art 44,563 photos, 1,856 members
- GANG GRAFFITI 12,281 photos, 377 members
"Chicago's Cold War does a great job of documenting gangs in and around Chicago. He has an in depth knowledge of the streets and is a self proclaimed neutron. While to some gang graffiti is just a nuisance, it does indeed tell a story and like it or not, is an integral part of Chicago. The 3rd largest city in America is home to more gang members and gang violence than any other city in the U.S. Thank you CCWar for doing what you do without bias and all while risking your own safety. Peace bro, stay safe out there."
December 26th, 2012
"Chicago Cold War has a finger on the pulse of Chicago's streets. He has an eye like a hungry hawk, and an appetite for keeping it real. Always informative. Always exciting. Always something new. What a historian!"
March 14th, 2012
Merrick Brown says:
"i used to think gang graf was the most juvenile, laughable and annoying use of perfectly good spraypaint. it's still ugly as sin, but your photostream and detailed commenting have made it into something much more narrative and REALLY interesting. be careful out there.. but keep it up."
September 15th, 2009
OLDSCHOOL G/L says:
"grew up in logan square was a g/l in the early 80z im rea;;y into the history and document the taggings its nice to see your photos im much older living away from the city but work in it daily i have a few of you rphotos which i snap daily because im out and about with work keep them coming ."
June 19th, 2009
- June 2009
- I am: