In my limited spare time I document Nation ("Gang") graff in the CHI and collect old school compliment cards.
I take my own pics and videos unless otherwise noted (as in some that are sent in to me)
I do not bang.
I do not work for the law.
I DO NOT WORK FOR THE CHICAGO CRIME COMMISSION
I have noticed that many of my pics and videos are being used on youtube -I do not have a youtube account and if you see them on there chances are they are being used without my permission.
I do not consent to the utilization of these pics in the court of law for prosecution purposes.
Photos of Chicago's Cold War (4)
- flickr (unofficial) 3,259,721 photos, 95,142 members
- What's In Your Bag? 12,699 photos, 31,573 members
- Pittsburgh Street Photography 2,848 photos, 111 members
- Analogue of Weirdology 21,307 photos, 991 members
- Inner City America: Positives and Negatives 2,610 photos, 33 members
- Albany Park 536 photos, 45 members
- Shark Lovers 5,299 photos, 1,669 members
- West Side of Chicago 3,951 photos, 59 members
- WBEZ 130,531 photos, 2,429 members
- Amerikana 16,729 photos, 421 members
- Doors of Chicago 1,326 photos, 142 members
- Urban trees 27,863 photos, 803 members
- All Sanitation Equipment & More 31,584 photos, 297 members
- Vintage Chicagoland 1,093 photos, 147 members
- Chicagoist Photos 211,258 photos, 3,201 members
- Chicagoland 59,027 photos, 943 members
- CHICAGO Gang Graffiti 13,840 photos, 355 members
- Signs of Chicago 12,884 photos, 489 members
- Hidden Chicago 9,787 photos, 528 members
- Chicago Alleys, Gangways, & Fire Escapes 2,214 photos, 233 members
- dumpsters and garbage cans 6,592 photos, 159 members
- metal as fuck 502 photos, 78 members
- Chicago Graffiti and Street Art 24,099 photos, 718 members
- Chicago Reader 197,045 photos, 4,262 members
- Chicago Street Art 45,097 photos, 1,864 members
- GANG GRAFFITI 12,288 photos, 385 members
"Chicago's Cold War does a great job of documenting gangs in and around Chicago. He has an in depth knowledge of the streets and is a self proclaimed neutron. While to some gang graffiti is just a nuisance, it does indeed tell a story and like it or not, is an integral part of Chicago. The 3rd largest city in America is home to more gang members and gang violence than any other city in the U.S. Thank you CCWar for doing what you do without bias and all while risking your own safety. Peace bro, stay safe out there."
December 26th, 2012
"Chicago Cold War has a finger on the pulse of Chicago's streets. He has an eye like a hungry hawk, and an appetite for keeping it real. Always informative. Always exciting. Always something new. What a historian!"
March 14th, 2012
Merrick Brown says:
"i used to think gang graf was the most juvenile, laughable and annoying use of perfectly good spraypaint. it's still ugly as sin, but your photostream and detailed commenting have made it into something much more narrative and REALLY interesting. be careful out there.. but keep it up."
September 15th, 2009
OLDSCHOOL G/L says:
"grew up in logan square was a g/l in the early 80z im rea;;y into the history and document the taggings its nice to see your photos im much older living away from the city but work in it daily i have a few of you rphotos which i snap daily because im out and about with work keep them coming ."
June 19th, 2009
- June 2009
- I am: