In my limited spare time I document Nation ("Gang") graff in the CHI and collect old school compliment cards.
I take my own pics and videos unless otherwise noted (as in some that are sent in to me)
I do not bang.
I do not work for the law.
I DO NOT WORK FOR THE CHICAGO CRIME COMMISSION
I have noticed that many of my pics and videos are being used on youtube -I do not have a youtube account and if you see them on there chances are they are being used without my permission.
I do not consent to the utilization of these pics in the court of law for prosecution purposes.
Photos of Chicago's Cold War (4)
- flickr (unofficial) 3,470,067 photos, 97,065 members
- What's In Your Bag? 12,687 photos, 31,946 members
- Pittsburgh Street Photography 2,958 photos, 112 members
- Analogue of Weirdology 21,687 photos, 990 members
- Inner City America: Positives and Negatives 2,914 photos, 33 members
- Albany Park 536 photos, 45 members
- Shark Lovers 5,363 photos, 1,687 members
- West Side of Chicago 4,031 photos, 59 members
- WBEZ 131,045 photos, 2,432 members
- Amerikana 17,250 photos, 433 members
- Doors of Chicago 1,329 photos, 144 members
- Urban trees 28,226 photos, 805 members
- All Sanitation Equipment & More 31,861 photos, 303 members
- Vintage Chicagoland 1,109 photos, 151 members
- Chicagoist Photos 214,333 photos, 3,229 members
- Chicagoland 59,754 photos, 956 members
- CHICAGO Gang Graffiti 13,840 photos, 357 members
- Signs of Chicago 12,991 photos, 493 members
- Hidden Chicago 9,954 photos, 534 members
- Chicago Alleys, Gangways, & Fire Escapes 2,247 photos, 236 members
- dumpsters and garbage cans 6,635 photos, 164 members
- metal as fuck 502 photos, 78 members
- Chicago Graffiti and Street Art 24,279 photos, 722 members
- Chicago Reader 198,586 photos, 4,288 members
- Chicago Street Art 44,965 photos, 1,873 members
- GANG GRAFFITI 12,291 photos, 386 members
"Chicago's Cold War does a great job of documenting gangs in and around Chicago. He has an in depth knowledge of the streets and is a self proclaimed neutron. While to some gang graffiti is just a nuisance, it does indeed tell a story and like it or not, is an integral part of Chicago. The 3rd largest city in America is home to more gang members and gang violence than any other city in the U.S. Thank you CCWar for doing what you do without bias and all while risking your own safety. Peace bro, stay safe out there."
December 26th, 2012
"Chicago Cold War has a finger on the pulse of Chicago's streets. He has an eye like a hungry hawk, and an appetite for keeping it real. Always informative. Always exciting. Always something new. What a historian!"
March 14th, 2012
Merrick Brown says:
"i used to think gang graf was the most juvenile, laughable and annoying use of perfectly good spraypaint. it's still ugly as sin, but your photostream and detailed commenting have made it into something much more narrative and REALLY interesting. be careful out there.. but keep it up."
September 15th, 2009
OLDSCHOOL G/L says:
"grew up in logan square was a g/l in the early 80z im rea;;y into the history and document the taggings its nice to see your photos im much older living away from the city but work in it daily i have a few of you rphotos which i snap daily because im out and about with work keep them coming ."
June 19th, 2009
- June 2009
- I am: