In my limited spare time I document Nation ("Gang") graff in the CHI and collect old school compliment cards.
I take my own pics and videos unless otherwise noted (as in some that are sent in to me)
I do not bang.
I do not work for the law.
I DO NOT WORK FOR THE CHICAGO CRIME COMMISSION
I have noticed that many of my pics and videos are being used on youtube -I do not have a youtube account and if you see them on there chances are they are being used without my permission.
I do not consent to the utilization of these pics in the court of law for prosecution purposes.
Photos of Chicago's Cold War (4)
- flickr (unofficial) 2,849,006 photos, 91,206 members
- What's In Your Bag? [but NOT camera bags] 12,745 photos, 30,728 members
- Pittsburgh Street Photography 2,484 photos, 108 members
- Analogue of Weirdology 20,780 photos, 987 members
- Inner City America: Positives and Negatives 2,376 photos, 32 members
- Albany Park 513 photos, 45 members
- Shark Lovers 5,220 photos, 1,646 members
- West Side of Chicago 3,532 photos, 57 members
- WBEZ 128,085 photos, 2,423 members
- Amerikana 16,085 photos, 396 members
- Doors of Chicago 1,317 photos, 143 members
- Urban trees 27,732 photos, 799 members
- All Sanitation Equipment & More 31,029 photos, 293 members
- Vintage Chicagoland 1,026 photos, 144 members
- Chicagoist Photos 199,685 photos, 3,121 members
- Chicagoland 56,087 photos, 927 members
- CHICAGO Gang Graffiti 13,786 photos, 339 members
- Signs of Chicago 12,584 photos, 481 members
- Hidden Chicago 9,259 photos, 510 members
- Chicago Alleys, Gangways, & Fire Escapes 2,179 photos, 236 members
- dumpsters and garbage cans 6,456 photos, 157 members
- metal as fuck 493 photos, 78 members
- Chicago Graffiti and Street Art 23,522 photos, 707 members
- Chicago Reader 190,353 photos, 4,225 members
- Chicago Street Art 44,330 photos, 1,854 members
- GANG GRAFFITI 12,279 photos, 377 members
"Chicago's Cold War does a great job of documenting gangs in and around Chicago. He has an in depth knowledge of the streets and is a self proclaimed neutron. While to some gang graffiti is just a nuisance, it does indeed tell a story and like it or not, is an integral part of Chicago. The 3rd largest city in America is home to more gang members and gang violence than any other city in the U.S. Thank you CCWar for doing what you do without bias and all while risking your own safety. Peace bro, stay safe out there."
December 26th, 2012
"Chicago Cold War has a finger on the pulse of Chicago's streets. He has an eye like a hungry hawk, and an appetite for keeping it real. Always informative. Always exciting. Always something new. What a historian!"
March 14th, 2012
Merrick Brown says:
"i used to think gang graf was the most juvenile, laughable and annoying use of perfectly good spraypaint. it's still ugly as sin, but your photostream and detailed commenting have made it into something much more narrative and REALLY interesting. be careful out there.. but keep it up."
September 15th, 2009
OLDSCHOOL G/L says:
"grew up in logan square was a g/l in the early 80z im rea;;y into the history and document the taggings its nice to see your photos im much older living away from the city but work in it daily i have a few of you rphotos which i snap daily because im out and about with work keep them coming ."
June 19th, 2009
- June 2009
- I am: