ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
i really look at your images. with both eyes and heart.
: * : * : * ::: random sprinkles ::: * : * : * :
::: my career was in filmmaking ...... (first film job was as John Belushi's personal assistant on "Animal House"; did some movie stuntwork before becoming a DGA Assistant Director)
::: before that, taught yoga
::: left the movie biz after many years & 39 films (it tends to gobble you up..) to 'have a life'
::: now live on an island ..... my friends think i've become a hermit .. they're right ;)
::: love Mexican food, Constant Comment tea & breakfast-for-dinner
::: relish simplicity .. (like keeping art simple .. and life too :)
::: am in the process of writing a book of true, magical stories about totem animals
::: trying to help create an animal rescue sanctuary here on the island..
::: am a fierce animal rights advocate, environmentalist, 'bleeding heart' liberal, flowerchild, vegetarian (..scary!)
::: have lived in these places: Oregon, USA (Medford, Roseburg & Eugene) ~ France (Gassin & Ramatuelle) ~ Hawaii (Oahu) ~ England (London & Godalming) ~ Italy (Pavia) ~ Idaho USA (Sun Valley) ~ Spain (Ibiza) ~ California, USA (Big Sur, Studio City, Malibu, Carmel Valley) ~ Texas, USA (Dallas) .. apparently a gypsy wanderer..
::: i love my dog, Lulu, beyond reason ... she is bewilderingly smart, surfs on a surfboard & is truly the Queen of Hearts ...... she thinks i'm her servant - and she is right!
the moniker "alight" is because:
Available Light ...... treading softly ...... am/want to be a light, as we all are in essence
if you wish to look at my favorites pages, you will see who i am .. thanks to your amazing images which light up my life immeasurably ~
- ♥ Beautiful blossom ♥ 27,022 photos, 1,203 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 1,380,256 photos, 25,111 members
- Floppy Ears, the Basset Hound 266 photos, 67 members
- Wise dogs 7,336 photos, 579 members
- Spirit of the Land 40,936 photos, 942 members
- The Artful Spiritual 6,408 photos, 307 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 162,363 photos, 7,212 members
- Trees 387,034 photos, 23,058 members
- " AMAZING TREES " 140,802 photos, 6,965 members
- The Simple Things in Life 74,197 photos, 1,766 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 76,347 photos, 894 members
- Every day blessings 16,617 photos, 344 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 374,592 photos, 23,816 members
- blurism 73,564 photos, 2,760 members
- Zen & Miksang 11,179 photos, 323 members
- Beautiful Earth 1,038,582 photos, 21,224 members
- The Little Things ~ 144,225 photos, 3,123 members
- art vitamins 16,881 photos, 387 members
- Naïve art - arte naif 5,431 photos, 416 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 80,052 photos, 1,392 members
- Group of the easily amused... 19,115 photos, 603 members
- Dolphins * Whales * Sea Turtles♥ 3,699 photos, 538 members
- Healing Landscapes 26 photos, 11 members
- For Garnite! 602 photos, 135 members
- Reasons To Believe...( Dancing with Photographers)... 10,869 photos, 432 members
- flickr Japan 1,270,682 photos, 22,410 members
- Contemplative Photography 40,920 photos, 1,124 members
- *Swoon 45,183 photos, 1,575 members
- Seascapes and Seashorelines 817,396 photos, 36,158 members
- HALLOWEEN WHEN WE WERE YOUNG AND OTHER PICS OF KIDS IN COSTUMES 381 photos, 237 members
- god creatures 10,669 photos, 406 members
- h ♥ m e 12,199 photos, 1,210 members
- Life is the question - Love is the answer 12,603 photos, 1,082 members
- "One Earth, One Home (Nature Photos)" (Unlimited Posting - Awa 161,822 photos, 3,794 members
- Perfect [in a different way] Photos 6,180 photos, 333 members
- Flower Photography 1,005,610 photos, 37,338 members
- Smiling Animals! 839 photos, 310 members
- Journey To Peace 1,582 photos, 110 members
- the beauty we love... 251 photos, 26 members
- Zooming In Tighter 50 photos, 32 members
- clouds & imagination 314 photos, 165 members
- Bright Colors 125,726 photos, 2,620 members
- Home as Art 17,645 photos, 1,689 members
- PLANET EARTH FLOWERS* 37,949 photos, 1,924 members
- ♥ soulmates ♥ 1,723 photos, 173 members
- Beach Cottage Decorating 2,029 photos, 292 members
- Visual Poetry 316,589 photos, 11,412 members
- Black and White Film 663,750 photos, 14,707 members
- SOS Haiti 1,609 photos, 379 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 400,283 photos, 103,395 members
"--Angel came down from heaven yesterday,
she stayed just long enough for an afternoon tea.
And she showed me a photo yesterday,
about the love of her dog and the deep blue sea.
And when it was time for her to go,
she spread her wings high over me,
and she said, 'I shall return tomorrow'..."
(it seems Hendrix must have known Kelly once, too)"
May 4th, 2008
"There are times when life just blossom on ones path, and to be aware Kelly is living at the same time as I do is such a gift. I have that feeling deep inside, that I have met her numberless times, age after age, such is the comfort and nearness to her my heart feels.
The way she shares the dance of life of her soul... so full of light, so full of unconditional love, never ceases to amaze me, never ceases to bring me joy.
Kelly, I am so thankful you exist."
January 23rd, 2008
"To know her is to know that you have been touched by an angel....She is indeed alight! I'm so thankful she is my friend and heart~sister!
January 4th, 2008
Buddha's Elf says:
Today, 08-25-07, you gave me a gift in your observation of a story I posted on my page. They say it takes one to know one.
Your revelation for me was that you felt sure an angel had shared the grief I was describing in my post. To this day, and in spite of my sure intuition that I have been touched many times by the presence of angels, I never realized, but for your observation, that an angel had met me and harbored my grief with me, that it must, in fact, be true, and in retrospect you are surely right.
I said that it takes one to know one. Your sure revelation to me caused an epiphany which I will explain another time, and as sure as my fingers type these words, you, dear Alight, must be an angel yourself. Be it known to all who look upon these pictures and comments which Alight gives to us as gifts, we are in the presence of angels, among them, Alight, a very special one.
In the profile, Alight revealed that there are some wishes and opinions that are preeminent among those things dear to this angel, among them
"::: am a fierce animal rights advocate, environmentalist, 'bleeding heart' liberal, flowerchild, vegetarian..."
I can say with pleasure that I share these same virtues, each and every one, and find this a pleasing surprise. Though I don't know you well, I feel a kinship with you, and in your amazing display of beautiful, creative photos, and equally amazing comments and quotes, I can only say thank you for being kind to me, honoring me with your gracious attention, and giving us all your gift of observation.
I stand in awe of your dreams, and would do whatever I could to support them. Thank you Alight, I owe you an untold favor for your generosity of spirit and your commitment to the things which are important in this world that men have trampled and polluted.
With much Love and an abiding respect,
jon - the Elf of Flickr's pages"
August 25th, 2007
"≈ ♥ ≈
an angel in disguise*
a soul ∞
thank you forever ~ my deep appreciation and love to you*
no words kelly*
≈ ♥ ≈"
June 26th, 2007
"Kelly lights up my life.......what a beautiful soul.......I feel her love through her photos and her writings.......I love visiting her photo stream...........Kelly always leaves love felt comments.......what a joy to have found Kelly and Lulu on flickr! She is an Angel!"
April 6th, 2007
"kelly is "alight" in my life.
Her photos are so endearing....
She is alwys "up" under all circumstances ....
"alight" at all times.
Thank you Kelly:)"
March 17th, 2007
"Kelly .. i'm happy you are alive -- you bring a bright light and life to this planet. you fill up the cracks in the world with your beautiful spirit and goodness from your soul. thank you for being a bringer of magic to the world. It's easy to remember the light with you, Kelly. You are also a genuinely sincere and loving friend to me and so many others. The flickr community is blessed to have you -- and you gotta know it!"
January 18th, 2007
"If there is a meaning of being in Flickr, it is probably to meet people like Alight. I am everyday overwhelmed and impressed by her sensitivity, her generousity and her kindness. I would rather write "A light" -for all of us- than Alight. I would be never able to express my gratitude and admiration to her..."
July 8th, 2006
Lida Rose says:
"I felt compelled to write a testimonial for alight as I enjoy her generous personality as well as her lovely photos.
An interesting person, and definitely a sweetheart. I hope she continues to post photos for a long time. Always unique, always accomplished, I highly recommend alight.
And I love Constant Comment tea too."
May 25th, 2006
"alight is one of the most generous person I had a chance to meet on Flickr, and the number of peoples commenting/exchanging with her is there to prove it. She doesn't just take from us but give enormosly and I hope a lot more peoples would take example on her. I also discovered wonderful peoples by browsing her stream. So alight if one day you run out of a "pro account" let me know it will be a pleasure to offer you one ;-)
Sorry for my weird english big kisses to you and of course the star of your stream "Lulu"."
May 6th, 2006
DeLares (Eliud Martinez) says:
"Alight is my flickr muse and wonderful friend.....
Kelly has a discerning artist's eye for appreciating artwork and has a generous heart that dictates her elequent writing. She always knows how to say just the right helpful things that take my art to the “next” level. She has helped me to see things I could only “see” dimly or not at all.
This is no hype, as I’ve gotten to know her, I’ve come to realize just what a magnanimous light-filled being she really is. With all of life’s challenges she & we all have, Kelly somehow manages to model a generous interest and concern for fellow artist’s that is both astounding and healing. Her poetry, smart comments and beautiful image postings are always a de-light. I'm looking forward to more and more as her hardware “wherewithal" comes on-line.
Ah, her precious Lulu is the perfect consort for someone as beautiful as she is. I daydream of frolicking with both of them (and my doggies) in the waves of Oahu :). My dearest Alight, to know you is to love you.......you are my flickr muse. Aloha....muaaw!
By the by, this was my very first testimonial :~)>"
April 10th, 2006
"alight is an angel, a hand up, a smile, a wit, and a wink. i adore her."
March 27th, 2006
"alight is a blessing"
March 10th, 2006
Jennifer Esperanza says:
"alight is one of my best Flickr Friends!
Her kind & loving, deep felt comments always make me happy. She & I Love our Faves of other photographer's work. Often she will send me a hyper link to someone's image that she thinks I will like. She knows me because I always do. She has just started posting images & they are beautiful. Her dog Lulu is a wonder. I look forward to more of alight's photos & to our Flickr Friendship growing. She is a Goddess!"
March 8th, 2006
- July 2005