I`m from Belgium and I live in Guilin, China.
I am a photo guide and organize private custom photo tours in and around GUILIN, CHINA. Focus on the karst peaks all around Yangshuo and the Li river and on the Longji rice terraces nearby. Of course a lot of time is also spent on portraits and framing the countryside life.
Please contact me via email if you would like any help.
I`m fond of nature and so I`m an administrator of this group:
China nature photography
I also recently started my own Chinese blog. 你会说中文的话，你就看一下我的中文博客：回归大自然
Photos of guilin photo guide backtonature (2)
- Ultimate~Brilliant~Eye~Jewels (Admin Invites Only/pls comment 2) 5,865 photos, 2,292 members
- Guethary - Getaria 220 photos, 71 members
- Almaty 1,819 photos, 193 members
- The silk road & Central Asia 8,816 photos, 636 members
- Kazakhstan 8,199 photos, 490 members
- Photographers of Kazakhstan 3,535 photos, 229 members
- Russia 130,066 photos, 5,269 members
- FlickRussian: говорим по-русски! 407,151 photos, 16,582 members
- Images of Mongolia 9,538 photos, 728 members
- Ulaanbaatar - Urban Mongolia 2,789 photos, 531 members
- People of Mongolia 5,626 photos, 915 members
- I ♥ Philippines 33,416 photos, 1,658 members
- Philippines Images 75,238 photos, 3,956 members
- "Only in the Philippines!" 72,563 photos, 2,914 members
- Nikon Philippines 31,752 photos, 2,237 members
- WOW Philippines 40,850 photos, 2,456 members
- Flickr: Likas-Philippines 20,926 photos, 1,129 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 34,191 photos, 3,991 members
- Indonesia 121,405 photos, 5,427 members
- Best of Indonesia 30,119 photos, 1,930 members
- Indonesia Flickr Club 29,960 photos, 2,451 members
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 8,952 photos, 696 members
- Malaysia Images 175,810 photos, 7,920 members
- Malaysia Photos 42,654 photos, 1,734 members
- Photographers Malaysia 19,706 photos, 807 members
- Fotopages Malaysia 25,120 photos, 1,224 members
- MALAYSIA BOLEH 71,126 photos, 2,749 members
- Thailand Travel 72,031 photos, 2,141 members
- Thailand's Islands and Beaches 29,021 photos, 3,090 members
- Thailand Images 228,335 photos, 12,219 members
- Thailand Upcountry: Rural Thailand 13,722 photos, 1,167 members
- Totally Thailand 99,981 photos, 3,716 members
- LIFE IN INDIA 114,149 photos, 4,320 members
- India 236,378 photos, 7,260 members
- India Images 423,798 photos, 18,886 members
- Peoples of India 69,772 photos, 4,169 members
- DesiPundit - India through Flickr 55,655 photos, 2,473 members
- The India Tree 95,837 photos, 4,046 members
- Children of India 24,693 photos, 2,845 members
- Historic India 17,104 photos, 2,600 members
- Nanning 南宁 2,737 photos, 142 members
- guess where Macau | 澳門邊度 3,152 photos, 296 members
- macau.creatives 6,320 photos, 348 members
- PictureSG : Singapore Architecture and Landscape 16,517 photos, 657 members
- Rediscovering... Singapore HDB Flats 6,040 photos, 710 members
- PictureSG : Singapore Nature 7,358 photos, 371 members
- Singapore Images 177,230 photos, 7,102 members
- Singapore Flickr Meetup 8,915 photos, 1,502 members
- Vietnam in films 3,284 photos, 501 members
- Vietnam PnS 1,625 photos, 148 members
Pathos Photos says:
"Bart is a gentle mannered photo enthusiast whose travels took him to China a few years ago and decided to stay and make a life in this rich country. For anyone even considering going to this area and interested in photography, there is no better guide than Bart. The guy has a knack for being able to get you access to the coolest places and people. Seriously, sometimes we would just walk into people’s houses with nothing more than a smile and it was alllll right. I kept freaking out thinking the owner would chase us out with a shotgun, but most of the time we were just invited to have lunch and a conversation. I just made sure to keep my mouth full of food and take lots of pictures while Bart did his smooth-Chinese-talking."
June 6th, 2011
John Quintero says:
" I spent 5 days with Bart Batsleer as part of my recent trip to China and I had the most amazing experience. Bart is not only a very talented photographer who knows the best locations but he's an excellent tour guide who knows the area as the palm of his hand. He arranged everything for me, from the pick up at the airport to the hotels and transport. Jimmy, the driver who work with him is very careful and patient, the small van is very comfortable and with air con.
My highlight of this trip was to see the cormorant fishermen on Li River, as featured on BBC Wild China. Truly spectacular! We visited small villages where I was the only foreigner around, took great portraits of the locals, visited remote locations that without Bart would be almost impossible. I am so happy with his services that I'm already planning to go again, this time to a different area with the new tour he's promoting for Autumn.
Some of my photos from the tour can be seen here:
June 5th, 2011
clip works says:
"I just finished an eight day tour with Bart. I must say he took us to some pretty amazing places. As a photographer he got it bang on. We, went way off the beat and track . Bart speaks Mandarin and this was incredibly valauble in helping us to take portraits of the locals. This also let us get to know them and more often than not we were invited into there homes and spend a bit of time with them.
Bart knows some to the local people in the areas that we visited . I would highly recommend his tour to any one planning a trip to Guilin. He can even get you pizza from a wood burning oven in one of the small out of the way villages. No small feat!!! Friendly, fun,intersting sums up the trip. Thanks for the great memories Bart.
October 23rd, 2010
"Bart is true to his passion - I'd say a photo adventurist. He knows all the unbeaten paths and spots, a serious p'grapher would crave for. Bart also has the added advantage of speaking in local language, this provides an opportunity for the locals to readily accept him and allows us room for our takes. I highly recommend Bart as a photo guide ."
October 21st, 2010
"I am pleased to provide this testimonial for Bart Batsleer who is both a talented and knowledgeable nature and landscape photographer, and a wonderful photo guide and private tour organizer in the scenic area surrounding the City of Guilin where he presently lives. This is one of the most beautiful and interesting places on this planet!
Bart arranged for me a 6-day customized private tour of this region which included photography visits to the rice fields around Guilin, the awesome Reed Flute Cave, sunrise photography of the surrounding rounded-topped mountains at Xingping (taken from the top of one of them), a raft trip from Xingping to Yangdi through the most beautiful stretch along the Li River, a day biking trip around Yangshuo, and visits to the Longji rice terraces and several surrounding old minority villages, and so much more. Bart did a fantastic job as both trip organizer and photo guide, providing me with an enjoyable, trouble-free and safe memorable vacation that greatly surpassed all of my initial expectations. I had a great time and enjoyed Bart's friendly company and his attention to details. He went out of his way to make sure this would be an fantastic photography experience for me! I am pleased with the images I was able to capture and over the coming weeks will be posting many of them to my Flickr site.
Although the trip was physically demanding, requiring a lot of walking and hiking, I was rewarded by getting to see and experience unique places that few tourists get to visit. For me, this trip scored a well deserved 10 out of 10! Feel free to write to me if you have any questions and please visit my photostream to see some of my images."
May 1st, 2010
- Bart Batsleer
- February 2009
- Gent, Belgium
- Guilin, China
- I am:
- bartonderweg [at] yahoo.com